[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

ITT: Film Adaptations stuck in development hell

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 28
Thread images: 4

File: shadowofthecolossus.jpg (70KB, 610x371px) Image search: [Google]
shadowofthecolossus.jpg
70KB, 610x371px
ITT: Film Adaptations stuck in development hell
>>
Hopefully it and all other vidya movies stay there
>>
They'd probably just turn it into some LotR styled schlock.
>>
>>81896952
I'd like an adaptation that is like Ashes of Time.

Also Ashes of Time is underrated.
>>
Would be kino if they made this without anyone saying anything the entire movie.
>>
>>81896952
Lol, what story? That purely about the gameplay. And for the record, that flying colosi sucked ass.
>>
>>81898159
It'd be a nice exercise in telling a story with as little information given as possible. Could be good.
>>
>>81896952
this and ico should never be movies.
>>
>>81897152
AoT is GOAT
>>
>>81896952
I don't know how the hell they expect to make this into a movie but I do know they will totally screw it up and the only thing that will make it recognizable is that colossi on the cover.
>>
>>81896952
>Josh Trank was slated to direct it
wew
>>
>film
>story telling medium
>about a game with minimalist story
>>
File: shadow.jpg (886KB, 1600x1200px) Image search: [Google]
shadow.jpg
886KB, 1600x1200px
>>81896952
pls never make this, thanks
>>
>>81898930
i could live with those movies only if they're not made in murrica

murrica destroys stuff
>>
File: image.jpg (17KB, 220x199px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
17KB, 220x199px
>>81899199
>film
>storytelling medium
say that to his face fucker not online see what happens
>>
What are your favorite colossi?
>>
File: sandman.jpg (68KB, 800x469px) Image search: [Google]
sandman.jpg
68KB, 800x469px
>>81896952
>>
How would this movie work? It has the same fucking issue that every video game movie has, only worse. The story is progressed over levels or, in this case, colossi. No matter how much you cut, or how long the film is, you are still going to have to have a fucking montage of wander killing 5-6.
>>
>>81899319
as opposed to what? shitty japanese weeaboo adaptations of anime and videogames?
I know your ass hasn't seen the Attack on Titan live action duology
>>
>>81898159
Samsara
-Qatsi movies
Babies
etc. etc.
>>
I am convinced that Half-Life is in development hell.
>>
>>81899879
glad this didn't happen
>>
Several Japanese/video game properties are in development hell.

Akira
Robotech
Pokemon
Halo

Nintendo has had offers but..... never takes any of them any more.
>>
>>81899879
why is this so overrated
>>
>>81900517
Wasn't Tarantino gonna make that at some point?
>>
>>81899319
no u
>>
>>81898159
There was a story. Guys {REDACTED} Is sacrificed so he steals a ancient sword and goes to the promised land to bringe her back to life. Dormin manipulates him into killing the collosi(his seals) he then revives through wander. Then the villagers show up and seal dormin away making Wander a baby.
>>
>>81896952
Thank God, this game would never work as a Film.
Thread posts: 28
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.