[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Well this was fucking boring. What was I supposed to get out

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 2

File: 24443_1_large (1).jpg (174KB, 558x800px) Image search: [Google]
24443_1_large (1).jpg
174KB, 558x800px
Well this was fucking boring. What was I supposed to get out of it?
I like Malle, but this was the movie equivalent of jerking off.
>>
>>81895227
its his best work
>>
>>81895428
Elevator to the Gallows is far superior.
>>
>>81895227
It's been years since I watched this, and don't really want to see it again. But If I remember right, the idea was basically that nobody could've "saved" him, his suicide wasn't a reaction to anything that anyone else did to him. He was just hard-wired for depression and destined to take his own life.

I thought the movie was well-done, the character was realistic and kinda relatable. But I didn't get much out of it, either. Maybe clinical depression was less of a mainstream concept at the time this film was made, so this type of character would've been more interesting to the audience?
>>
>>81895592
the whole film can basically be summed up in the cafe seen. people live but he just can't connect, he feels nothing. Even if you don't enjoy the film its hard to deny the impact of that scene. i recommend joachim trier's adaptation of the same book 'the will o the wisp' called oslo august 31st, really really beautiful film
>>
>>81895592
Yea, probably. At its core, it's all right, but it has too little to go on.
>>
Pure, unadulterated kino.
>>
>>81895765
I just don't see any value in such a bleak, hopeless film. I can't see why you'd want to put a character like this on-screen without giving him any chance at redemption. He was a realistic and well-drawn character, but I guess "realism" just isn't an impressive achievement to me all on its own. At least not in the context of such a straightforward, limited narrative.

I'm not saying every film needs a happy Hollywood ending, but this was just pointless.
>>
>>81895958
are you new to cinema?
not asking in a cunty way, its just theres hundreds of ilms like this esp in the european films of these hopeless characters without happy endings, im surprised you havent come across more
>>
>>81895958
>Catharsis
>How does it work?
>>
>>81895958
It's not a matter of realism. Do you even know how to live as an adult in the world, you fucking baby? Have you watched nothing but SHIT all your life?
Thread posts: 11
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.