[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

S2

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 60
Thread images: 4

File: the-leftovers.jpg (154KB, 620x919px) Image search: [Google]
the-leftovers.jpg
154KB, 620x919px
i dont know what keeps me going
>>
Then stop, you fucking whiner. Do you want someone to convince you to keep going? Well fuck you, give up, watch something else, maybe watch Sopranos if you haven't already or watch it again.

If you're not enjoying it, DON'T FUCKING FORCE YOURSELF
>>
I'm 7 episodes deep in S1. Would it be a wise decision to just skip every scene that isn't Garvey or Nora scene? I so don't give a shit about faggot priest or faggot wife's son
>>
File: 1492196305229.webm (853KB, 1024x576px) Image search: [Google]
1492196305229.webm
853KB, 1024x576px
>>81892614
>faggot priest
Take that back right now.
>>
>>81892614
damn, to have season 2 right ahead of me like that, being able to watch it all for the first time...

what I wouldn't give...
>>
>>81892614
>I so don't give a shit about faggot priest

Maybe you should go and watch Rick and Morty.
>>
literally i didn't know what kept me going either but in the end i actually really enjoyed it, looking forward to the next season
>>
I've never actually watched this because of it's ties to Lost.

Is it actually good? The promo HBO is running for the final season is interesting.
>>
Who are these casuals?

The final season is on now.
>>
>>81893617
Try the first 3 episodes. For this show everyone says if you aren't hooked by the 3rd it probably isn't for you.

It's ultimate tv-kino though
>>
>>81893617
what ties to lost
>>
>>81894046
I assume he just means Lindeloff
>>
>>81892180
What keeps me going is promises of Kevin Garvey's BULGE
>>
>>81892180
Nora is my wife
>>
>people say this shit is depressing
>nothing bad has ever happened
>>
>>81893617
I honestly do not get the appeal. There are much better character dramas that don't rely on plot devices as silly as a 'rapture'.
>>
>>81893216
I can't help but think of ted cruz every time I see his face. I think it's made me automatically biased against him.
>>
>>81894130
>nothing bad has ever happened
wot

The departure was the "bad" thing
people call the show depressing because everyone in it is depressed
>>
am i the only one who didn't think season 2 was this massive jump in quality to the first one? it was good but it wasn't wayyyy better than s1 like a lot of people make it out to be
>>
>dude something happened its kino
>why is it kino?
>fuck off back to rebbit pleb
every leftovers thread
>>
>>81893617
>Is it actually good?

we time jumped, skipped 3 seasons, and the show has unabashedly gone full lost 2.0. we have to wait and see how it plays out.
>>
>>81894309
>skipped 3 seasons
you mean 3 years?
>>
The thing that annoys me about the leftovers (and twin peaks to an even greater extent) is constantly hearing the same 1 or 2 melodramatic track when anything approaching sad, or emotional happens. Get's old fast.
>>
>>81894280
I thought it was worse.

S1 was a complete story without an overwhelming amount of convenient writing (ex: meg is now the leader of the gr) it had a very fitting conclusion/climax and the events of the season felt like they mattered.
>>
>>81894074
Yeah, after Lost I don't really trust him.
>>
>>81893617
it's basically a heavy drama version of lost with all the typical lindelof mystery gimmicks

don't bother, you'll see through the bullshit of this show.
>>
>>81893617
it's very reddit and frankly unbearable to anyone with a modicum of taste
>>
Has anyone read the book?

I've always wondered if its good.
>>
>>81894349
same. i'm so sick and fucking tired of that "ebin drama" song they keep using.
>>
>>81894481
>>81894486

Thanks for saving me the time. I'll keep watching these boring episodes of Man In The High Castle instead.
>>
>>81894349
>>81894532
You shut your mouths.

Max Richter is a god damn genius
>>
>>81894588
if you want a good drama go watch quarry, it's much better than this forced shit.
>>
>>81894529
its not bad. the show pretty much leaves it behind after season 1 though.
>>
>>81894588

>unironically taking advice from someone who uses "reddit" as an adjective these days
>>
>>81894604
the song is fine but they have completely overused it and it's basically just a joke at this point to me. every time something big happens it starts playing, it's extremely annoying
>>
i never watched after mid season 1. is it worth watching?
>>
>>81894529
It's a fiction book written past the year 2000
What do you think?

And to speak of the show. This whole 'oooh wooh mystery' bullshit is so played out its not even funny. The show is good, especially in comparison to what else is out right now, but the fact that they rely on 'ohh wooh form your own answers' to cover their hackjob of a story is fucking laughable.
>>
>>81894709
>>>/lit/
>>
>>81894724
>go back to /lit/

What did he mean by this?
>>
>>81894706
watch big little lies instead. mini series are just about the only things hbo is getting right these days in terms of drama.
>>
>>81894706
If you dropped it because you weren't liking it you probably shouldn't.

But if you were somewhat enjoying it and just switched to other things then yea, go for it. Season 2 is what most fans go crazy about.
>>
>>81894402
>convenient writing
Looks like s3 is already afflicted by it. Laurie marrying John, the GR neatly being wrapped up, and the dog guy being introduced, and then immediately killed in the same episode.
>>
>>81894877
people shouldn't be surprised by this, it's typical lindelof writing.
>>
>>81894877
The dog guy getting axed really grated my cheese.

I hope they have some kind of fucking explanation for it. In the first season they were heavily implying that he was one of the people 'sent back' to help Garvey
>>
>>81894877
it reeked more of season skipping to me. like they had show bible for 5 years, we got the first two, they skipped two and we're getting the leftovers

skipping 2 years of gr shit feels like a mercy and it was only a matter of time before the town had enough and called the atfc to kill them all like kevin refused to do in seaosn 1. also remember the gr is a nationwide thing so it could still be a plot thread. killing off dean was pretty shitty though but maybe kevin can go to the hotel and find him.
>>
File: damonlindelof-news.jpg (254KB, 2070x1380px) Image search: [Google]
damonlindelof-news.jpg
254KB, 2070x1380px
>>81894999
>explanations

kek
>>
>>81892180
Season two was very bad, it actually shocked me. If I where to re-watch this show again, I shouldn't even bother with s2.
>>
>>81895069
I know... I know...
>>
>>81894280
Oh it definitely was. Probably because didn't have to follow the book anymore, the addition of the Murphy family was great, Laurie became a much more interesting character, Miracle was an interesting place etc.
>>
>>81895089
But season 2 was way better than season 1.
>>
>>81893216
its really hard to give a shit about matt once you figure out the show is going to shit on him literally every second.

which you should figure out the first moment hes introduced.
>>
kevin died in s01e01

wife's son shot him in the back of the head for cheating on laurie

everything since, including the departening, has been a DMT dream.
>>
>>81892180

I couldn't get into it because everyone smokes. Watching so many people smoke constantly is really disturbing and gross.
>>
>>81894448
lost is kino pleb filter
>>
File: kermit.jpg (9KB, 477x360px) Image search: [Google]
kermit.jpg
9KB, 477x360px
>>81896238

>its really hard to give a shit about matt once you figure out the show is going to shit on him literally every second.

He deserved everything he got after how he talked to his sister.

>hey sis gimmie your rapture money for my church
>okay as long as you stop publishing your letters
>YOUR HUSBAND WAS CHEATING ON YOU

>mfw
>>
>>81896393
OH NO HE DIH ENT

you people need to admit this shit is just a soap opera
>>
>>81896425

>you people need to admit this shit is just a soap opera

And? Most acclaimed shows have soapy elements, even the top-shelf stuff like The Wire and Sopranos and Mad Men.

It's a meaningless criticism. Anything that's primarily focused on character over plot is going to have soapy aspects.
>>
>>81896492
negro, this is ALL soap. literally nothing else.
>>
>>81894119
WUT FUCK YOU MAN
>>
>>81894280
S1 = introverted

S2 = extroverted

S3 = Manic delirium
Thread posts: 60
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.