[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Neon Demon

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 48
Thread images: 5

File: The Neon Demon Review.jpg (380KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
The Neon Demon Review.jpg
380KB, 1920x1080px
Just watched this and thought it was wanky ol' shite, what about you /tv/?
>>
>>81890262
it's good AF and you have shit taste
>>
>>81890311
What aspect, other than visuals, is good in this film?
>>
>>81890311
This
>>
>>81890341
Cinematography
>>
>>81890262
Ain't that the truth govennah innit?
>>
>>81890411
What?
>>
It's pretentious garbage.
>>
>>81890262

it was a test to find out if you are a pleb. you scored highly.

as for the triangles in the film, what did you make of them?
>>
>>81890481
That it's upside down and that noobs cannot into it.
>>
>other girls will chew you up and spit you out in the fashion industry
w h o a h
what a deep film
>>
>>81890262
I think it's one of the very few great films made this decade. Some people miss the point of it. Weirdly, these same people often rate De Palma. They have it wrong. Refn is the guy people are going to value fifty years from now, whereas De Palma is simply a vacuous masturbator with a good line of bullshit.
>>
>>81890601
This
>>
>>81890601
I'm not sure how anyone can miss the point of the film, it's hardly subtle
>>
File: george lucas.jpg (41KB, 396x594px) Image search: [Google]
george lucas.jpg
41KB, 396x594px
its Refns statement about how he hates beautiful women because they rejected him in his youth.

he's the classic Director who became a Director just so he had the power to control unattainable women, just like Hitchcock.
>>
>>81890341
The directing, the vibe, the acting, the plot
Everything about the movie.

What criticism, other than memes/shitposting, do you have to offer?
>>
>>81890262
You're wrong.

>>81890601
1/2 agree.

I thought it was pretty good. A bit too heavy handed, but the cinematography and directing was still great. My problem is that Refn uses characters as metaphors as if they can't still have personalities.

You should still be able to have compelling and real characters that are meaningful. They aren't mutually exclusive.
>>
It was wanky shite.
The visuals were great though, and film is a visual medium, so it was at least a GOOD film.
>>
Triangles are a symbol of strength, except when turned upside down, when they become a symbol of instability.
>>
>>81890768
You have a point but people take it at face value when watching
>>
>>81890262
Great
Last act was a letdown (I wanted her to kill all the bitches one by one - even though that'd make no sense thematically), but the last scene made up for it
>>
>>81890831
wrong it's about the characters narcissistic obsession with her own beauty
>>
>>81890768
Why would you bother, though, bearing in mind that this is cinema and not literature?
>>
nope. the triangle symbolizes the vagina, and how it is the most powerful device in human history.
>>
>>81890876
wrong, triangles represent change
from innocent to narcissist for Jesse
the three models often seen in triangular context, especially after eating Jesse, which they hoped would change their beauty
>>
>>81891006
This. The furry triangle is what we're all driven by.
>>
>>81891024
Ah ok
>>
>>81891024
Wrong. The triangle is a basic alchemical symbol for the 5 elements.
>>
R E A L L O L I T A S H I T
>>
Basically its open to interpretation
>>
>>81891092
>>81891134
No, it's cunt.
>>
>>81891270
cunts are boxes though
>>
I liked it a hell of a lot more than Only God Forgives, I can't into that at all
>>
I liked it, it kept my interest and "really made me think"
plus it just looked really cool
>>
>>81891270
An inverted triangle represends the element of water, the sacred chalice, the cup that bears water, the womb.
Do you even Trismegistus?
>>
>>81890311
>it's shit AF and you have good taste

ftfy
>>
NWR sure knows how to make films that look incredible, if nothing else
>>
>>81891892
YOU GOT ME
>>
literally 4chan film
>>
If you go into a refn movie expecting more than visual eye candy you're doing it wrong
>>
I've just watched this, extremely interesting
>>
>>81892960
>A film depicting the soullessness of Hollywood and its denizens intent on corrupting young, naive but decent people

You're surprised there's no Jewish involvement in it?
>>
File: elle fanning nude.jpg (81KB, 864x1080px) Image search: [Google]
elle fanning nude.jpg
81KB, 864x1080px
>>
>>81891805
You seem to be mentioning a number of metaphors for the cunt, and I agree. It represents the entrance to the womb.

>>81891477
Cunts.
>>
>>81893003
I expect fantastic music as well.
THIS IS YELLOW
THIS IS YELLOW
THIS IS YELLOW
THIS IS BLU-UE-UE-UE
>>
>>81893003
It's eye candy with a profound meaning. It's nutritious candy.

People be like "how can it be profound, none of the words in it are profound" like they were Wallace Shawn. Cinema communicates profound things with images, not alongside them with words. Images aren't the decoration, they're the main channel of community.
>>
>>81892960
>implying 4chan doesn't have very prominent jidf
Just try criticising Israel in a /pol/ b8 thread and watch them pour out of the woodwork
>>
>>81893575
*communication

although community is also true.
Thread posts: 48
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.