[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What was this about, exactly?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 54
Thread images: 8

File: 1484848529532.jpg (35KB, 447x595px) Image search: [Google]
1484848529532.jpg
35KB, 447x595px
What was this about, exactly?
>>
The type of racism that revolves around positive stereotyping rather than negative, IE placing black people at a higher standard than white people
>>
fake PC liberals actually hurt black people

kinda redpilled
>>
>>81888769
How is racism if it's positive stereotyping?
>>
>>81888793

Because it assumes things about the person based on their skin color rather than the person themselves

Notice how all of the people at the party were talking about how athletic Chris must be because he's black when he never mentioned anything about being athletic beyond mentioning he enjoyed casually playing basketball
>>
>>81888825
racism (rāˈsĭzˌəm)►

n.
The belief that race accounts for differences in human character or ability and that a particular race is superior to others.
n.
Discrimination or prejudice based on race.
>>
niggers
>>
>>81888717

Proves that all white people are the devil, racist or liberal.

White holocaust when?
>>
>>81888858

>Discrimination or prejudice based on race.

prej·u·dice
ˈprejədəs/Submit
noun
preconceived opinion that is not based on reason or actual experience.
"English prejudice against foreigners"
synonyms: preconceived idea, preconception, prejudgment
"male prejudices about women"

>preconceived opinion that is not based on reason or actual experience.

The dad's grandfather being defeated by a black guy in a race 80 years ago led to the whole idea that all black people are inherently better athletes in the first place, which is a huge generalization to make not based in reason.
>>
Proves that liberals are the true racist.
>>
>>81888944
But black people are inherently better athletes. You don't need to experience that first hand to come to that conclusion. It's a scientific fact.
>>
Have you ever shown blacks FBI crime by race statistics? What is their response?
>>
>>81889038
Facts be racist cracka. It's the white man's fault.
>>
>>81889015

First of all, if that were true then all the top athletes for any sport ever would be black, which isn't the case. Many of the top sprinters have been black, but the top swimmers have been white, the top weightlifters have been asian, eastern european, etc.

Second, it's not necessarily so much about what's scientifically relevant about how many top black athletes there are in the NFL, NBA, etc as the assumption that a black person would be good at sports simply because they're black. That would imply that all black people are on a level playing field when it comes to genetics (particularly a playing field higher than white people across the board), when that just isn't true.
>>
>>81889015
Why are great Quarterbacks mainly white? I am not white but I think saying black people are the most athletic is bullshit.
>>
>>81889225
>Many of the top sprinters have been black
Okay, so his idea that black people are better runners were true after all?

>assumption that a black person would be good at sports simply because they're black
I've looked at three different definitions of racism and this scenario doesn't fit in with any of them. What is your definition of racism and why is it racist to assume that all blacks are athletic if not distateful?
>>
>>81889256

because quarterbacks have to be intelligent
>>
>>81889256
They are predisposed to certain fields. Not necessarily better at every athletic activity but they certainly dominate particular ones so the father's assumption wasn't too far fetched.
>>
>>81889015
Niggers become athletes because that's their only chance. White athletes can focus on their studies and get a degree but niggers either become a student athlete or they fail at life.

Why do we see so few jewish and asian athletes? Because they're focusing on their studies instead.
>>
>>81888825
>group of people for whom "exercise" is taking a 5 minute walk to their fridge
>guy says he plays sports for FUN

Sounds athletic to me you niggerfaggot, but maybe I'm making too much of an assumption and should interview this faggot before I make casual comments to him about nothing.
>>
>>81889429
Cause Jews and Asians tend to be scrawny faggots, is one reason I can think of.
>>
>>81889346

Sure, but the problem isn't saying that the top sprinters are black, it's then taking that knowledge and spreading it across all of black people. Am I going to look at Michael Phelps and then assume that I'm just as capable of swimming at the level that he is? No, because our genetic makeup and builds are different. It's the same thing.

The reason it's racist (I guess the more accurate term would be prejudice according to the definitions above but they're tied into one another so whatever) is because it assumes things about the person based only on their skin color and not what you know about the person themselves. You could look at two black people and one could run a 40 yard dash in 4.5 seconds and the other could run it in 6.5 seconds. It's unreasonable to assume that they would be just as athletic as one another due to their skin color.
>>
>>81889015
But that's also prejudice. You are assuming something about someone before meeting them based on colour alone.
>>
>>81889479
Niggers are typically feminine lanky fuckers too. Look at the navy for example, over 20% of the navy is niggers but the navy seals are like 1,6% niggers. So much for them being physically superior. Special forces are overwhelmingly white.
>>
>>81889568
The Navy is clearly racist
>>
>>81888717
fetishization.
>>
>>81889568

You're not in a Tarantino movie calm the fuck down. You wouldn't even dare talk like that outside your bedroom.
>>
File: racism.png (135KB, 723x862px) Image search: [Google]
racism.png
135KB, 723x862px
>>81889638
>>81889622

I hope you're just memeing.
>>
File: Haine.jpg (27KB, 343x464px) Image search: [Google]
Haine.jpg
27KB, 343x464px
>>81888717
Reminds me of this poster for la haine
>>
>>81889517
>>81889550
Didn't we already establish the fact that prejudice is
>preconceived opinion that is not based on reason or actual experience

If science says black people tend to be more athletic, why would it be racist to generalize?

Assume a completely innocuous scenario. All the black people you've gone out with before have enjoyed a certain beverage, say coke. Would it be prejudiced then to offer every black person you meet coke based on your previous experiences?
>>
>>81889684

Not at all, we don't all come from /pol/ retard, why don't you fuck off back there actually.

FUCKITY BYE.
>>
>>81888717
White people = bad
Black people = good

Race mixing is bad. It's ok for blacks to be racist. It's ok for black directors to create fantasy scenes where the choke and murder white women just so long as they deserve it

Also, whites are inferior to blacks and want to be them
>>
>>81889812
>Race mixing is bad.

hey I'll take it
>>
>>81889471
i work out for fun. i go to the gym 5-6 days a week. i can deadlift 6 plates, squat 5, and bench 3.

i don't think i'm athletic at all, i'm just strong. being athletic isn't my hobby, lifting weights is, the same as having basketball as a hobby doesn't make you athletic since all you need to do is jog around a bit and throw a fucking ball around since you aren't playing in the goddamn nba.

nba players are athletic. ncaa players are athletic. people who "do sports" as a hobby are usually not.
>>
>>81889731
What a fag
>>
>>81889721

Of course it would, you are also sterotyping based on skin colour to boot. It is worrying people still tend to treat people based of generalisations, not even SWJ, Psychology teacher.
>>
Blacks are narcissists and hate whites no matter what you do.
>>
>>81889825
ok stormnigger tribalist
>>
>>81889963
>tribalist
>bad
>>
>>81889825
>hey I'll take it
>>
>>81890005
>subhuman """""""""values"""""""""
>good
>>
It's a redpill about hollywood MKUltra mind control disguised as a race bait flick
>>
>>81888717
I'd like to know what the story is about too. I just went to look up a short spoiler but they are all like 5-10 pages long, I ain't got time for that shit.
>>
>>81890039
hey anon. I just like people with blonde hair and light eyes automatically more. Can you blame? They make no problems and leave you alone
>>
>>81889721
>If science says black people tend to be more athletic, why would it be racist to generalize?

Because race isn't real and science cannot do anything to prove race being a real thing.

Also, you're racist for asking.
>>
>>81889921
What's the problem if it's not a factor in your decisions? Generalizing is a way people deal with the world and nothing sort of social engineering will change that fact. Everyone is entitled to their opinion. This "institutionalized racism" crap only is a problem within the context of a state. Private individuals are entitled to their opinions, no?
>>
>>81890098
this literally has nothing to do with your individual preferences. just dont be a
collectivist faggot
>>
File: 1489355477648.jpg (31KB, 600x394px) Image search: [Google]
1489355477648.jpg
31KB, 600x394px
>>81889963

>Stormnigger
>Nigger
Fuck off you racist, sexist, homophobe
>>
>>81888717
My dad liked it and said it waa great ao it's probably a meh movie that people like to show their taste.
>>
File: 1450983022966.jpg (51KB, 445x435px) Image search: [Google]
1450983022966.jpg
51KB, 445x435px
>DUDE WHITE PEOPLE JUST WANNA STEAL OUR SUPERIOR BODIES LMAO
>IM BASICALLY WHITE SINCE MY BLACK FATHER ABANDONED ME AND I GREW UP IN MY MOM'S HIGH UPPER CLASS WHITE FAMILY BUT WHITE PEOPLE ARE CREEPY AF AMIRITE BROTHAZ LMAO
>DUDE I MARRIED A JEWESS WHO'S CONVINCED ME THAT WHITE PEOPLE ONLY TALK NICE TO ME BECAUSE IM BLACK AND THEY WANNA TAKE ADVANTAGE OF ME SOMEHOW SO FUCK DRUMPHF AND FUCK WHITE PEOPLE LMAO THEY CREEPY AF
>DUDE IM BASICALLY BROUGHT UP WHITE BUT I CAN STILL GET IN TOUCH WITH "MA BROTHAZ" BY HIGHLIGHTING THEIR NON-EXISTENT STRUGGLE LMAO

Fuck Jordan Peele. He was literally brilliant in the Key&Peele show and I believe he was the main creative source behind it, but this shit was just embarrassing. Jordan, if youre reading this, youre NEVER gonna be black, the way you're hoping to be. You can pander to niggaz for a 100 years straight and youre still gonna be just an oreo to them...you fucking RETARD.
>>
File: racism-explained.jpg (266KB, 1224x453px) Image search: [Google]
racism-explained.jpg
266KB, 1224x453px
>>81888858
>stone age definitions from dictionaries written by and for white people
ugghh
the modern, educated definition of racism looks something like this
>>
>>81888717
It's a horror movie rooted in social anxiety, basically. It is more specifically about racism, but not in the "grand political statement" way people are taking it. I took it more like a horror-movie version of an episode of "Curb Your Enthusiasm" - it takes a normal, relatable uncomfortable situation, zeroes in on the root of the anxiety, and blows it up into an absurd worst-case scenario. Larry David plays that out like a joke, but Peele goes more into nightmare territory.

The root of the anxiety is pretty simple: "Political correctness" is weird, fake behavior. When someone is clearly trying too hard to appear non-racist, it makes you wonder what they really think. In real life, they usually have good intentions and it's just an awkward learned behavior, it's overcompensation. In this movie, they're thinking "Ooh, he looks healthy. I want to transplant my consciousness into your strong young body and live forever!"

I really liked it, and I really don't think it was meant to be taken as a serious "white people are evil" statement. It's closer to satire. Remember that Peele is a half-white comedian who did a lot of horror/comedy sketches on his show
>>
File: chelsea_peretti_bk99_s2-640.jpg (54KB, 587x451px) Image search: [Google]
chelsea_peretti_bk99_s2-640.jpg
54KB, 587x451px
>>81890499
Fucking THIS.
I was wondering what he was thinking until I realized what he was married to.
>pic related
Then I thought "oh yeah, thats right"

RIP Jordan Peele. You will be missed.
>>
>>81888717
It was shit.
Thread posts: 54
Thread images: 8

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.