[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Holy fuck this was so good. Definitely deserved best picture

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 79
Thread images: 3

File: La La Land.png (1MB, 644x928px) Image search: [Google]
La La Land.png
1MB, 644x928px
Holy fuck this was so good. Definitely deserved best picture more than moonlight.
>>
>>81887320
Manchester by the sea deserved best picture cuck
>>
>>81887320
It sucked ass.
>>
It's a solid 8 movie. Moonlight is an 8.5 to a 9
>>
>>81887339
The cucks were the people who were mad Affleck won best actor
>>
>>81887320

>The Autist and The Frog
>>
>>81887385
Really? I thought moonlight was mediocre at best. Nice visuals but shit story.
>>
>>81887320
Dishonest af
>>
>>81887429
>Dishonest filmmaking

Can someone explain this meme to me?
>>
>>81887450
This film feels like it was made by a computer. It's just not genuine.
>>
>>81887489
Computers are the future tho
>>
Rogue One was a better film.
>>
>>81887617
kek
>>
>>81887489

How is it not genuine? You could feel the love everyone had for this movie while watching it.
>>
>>81887320
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Nbue2Pi2tNY
I haven't seen moonlight, but La La Land did not deserve best picture by any stretch
>>
Hell or High Water deserved best picture
>>
>>81887320
>Definitely deserved best picture more than moonlight.

No it was just ok, Moonlight was great though
This was the first time since 2007 that the Oscars got it right
>>
>>81888255
this tea bee queue ache (to be quite honest)
>>
>>81887339
>The movie so good that it got those parents to kill their retarded son
>>
>>81888255
My negro
>>
>>81887339
I watched it today for the first time. Jesus that movie should be a classic.
>>
>>81887320
Of course it did, and we know why it didn't get it. Fortunately, Chazelle will continue to go from strength to strength.
>>
>>81887320
HE'S A FUCKING WHITE MALE AND HE'S GOING TO 'SAVE JAZZ'

THIS MOVIE WAS SO PROBLEMATIC. WHITES HAVE NO RHYTHM HOW COULD THEY JAZZ? THATS CULTURAL APPROPRIATION. NO WHY HAS EVER BEEN GOOD AT JAZZ

OMG RACIST.
>>
>>81890161
Chazelle is shit as a writer.
He's one of the most overrated hacks currently working in Hollywood.
>>
>>81887450
It's not a meme, and it's not like Armond invented the phrase. When a film doesn't seem to really come from a place of sincere need, but makes out that it does, that's dishonest filmmaking. Packaged passion. Of course, in practice, no seriously passionate film could get an Oscar - the calculations you need to make to cater to the middlebrow audience dowse any real fire.
>>
>>81887320
>Watch Whiplash
It's okay.
>Watch LaLaLand
>It's Whiplash

He is a hack.
>>
>>81887990
Fuck off autist-shill
>>
>>81887320
La La Land is the ultimate pleb filter. It's pretty damn GOOD
>>
>>81890207
I love how people thought that. Confirmed how little attention the mainstream pays to jazz.

My objection is the reactionary taste the guy has. He isn't into where jazz is, he's into where it's been. He's a Wynton Marsalis type. Those guys aren't the future, unless you want to live in a museum, and of course he does. The desire to escape the horror of the current world and hide in the past is a legitimate emotion felt by many white people, though, and I can value La La Land to the degree that I think the filmmaker is aware he's portraying it.
>>
>>81890323
but when op is shilling shit like LaLa Land it's okay
>>
>>81890251
No, he's an auteur. If the film was nothing like Whiplash, then he'd be a hack.
>>
>>81890344
The ass music Uncle Tom Legend was making sucked ass.

>>81890373
No, making the same movie twice is the work of a hack.
>>
>>81890353
It's the film that only lost Best Picture because it was the year of WE, and you probably know this if you post here, of course we don't mind OP "shilling" a movie that came out last year and is already famous.
>>
>>81890396
You don't know what you're talking about.

I know guys like Gosling's character in real life. They're obnoxious, but in a movie I can accept it. They want the world to be a more gracious place, and so do I.
>>
>>81890418
it lost because it sucks
>>
>>81890344
I mean its true that the "greats" of Jazz are primarily black, but there are certainly good white Jazz musicians.

George Shearing is so fucking good m8. Anyways, the whole idea of any culture "owning" a genre is fucking retarded. Its just inevitable that you would miss out on innovation that way.

>hurr durr metal is white music
>hurr durr rap is black music
>hurr durr punk is only for whites
>hurr durr jazz is blacks.

Fucking excludes great music.

>>81890353
OP isn't a tripfag with a youtube channel to advertise.
>>
>>81890463
He was still right and that ew music Legend was making sucked ass
>>
>>81887320
The only one that "deserved" to win Best Picture was Silence. The others were good, but not great.
Moonlight was Oscarbait 101.
La La Land was actually pretty mediocre but the music elevates the film.
There was nothing remarkable about either though.
>>
>>81890473
I know, it's stupid. It also ignores the fact that, however we might feel about it, of course neoclassicism in jazz is about white people getting triggered. Hence Marsalis. Hence the media blackout on real jazz since Ornette Coleman.
>>
>>81890672
If what you mean is that Silence was the best picture, of course it was, but the best picture never wins Best Picture. Within its limits, La La Land said a great deal, and giving it everything except Best Picture was a hilarious bitch move.
>>
>>81887320
Ryan Gosling looks like a thumb.
>>
>>81890757
Nah man, Jason Statham looks like a thumb, Ryan Gosling looks like an enigma wrapped in a riddle wrapped in a handsome high-functioning autist.
>>
>>81887339
My heart was broken, cause it's always gonna be broken and I know yours is broken too.
>>
>>81890672
>music elevates the film
There wasn't a single remarkable song in the whole movie (that's pretty bad for a musical). To top it off, Gosling and Stone can't dance or sing for shit.
>>
>>81890672
Both Silence and Moonlight are about opression and struggle, if Moonlight is oscarbait 101 then so is the one made by an oscar-winning director starring a jew.
>>
>>81890865
another day of sun is remarkable
>>
>>81890757
Goose is a sex symbol of the generation.
>>
File: autism.jpg (63KB, 633x758px) Image search: [Google]
autism.jpg
63KB, 633x758px
>>81890858
fuck
>>
>>81890865
>can't dance or sing

That was the point.
>>
>>81891204
What was the point of that film then? The plot was also shit, characters flat.

Camera was excellent imo.
>>
>>81888566

>since 2007

Birdman fully deserved it in 2014
>>
>>81890865
>Stone can't sing

untrue
>>
>>81890344
That's a point raised in the film as I recall though? John Legend brings it up, Sebastian sells out on his dream and gets fucking rich to go where Jazz is right now, and then he gives that up to fulfill his real dream of owning a Jazz bar with a stool on a table and playing a basic piano riff in the hopes that Emma Stone is in the audience.
>>
>>81891325
The point was that your talent doesn't matter as long as you have a pretty face.

It's a /r9k/ thing.
>>
>>81891387
Name one line from Birdman.
>>
>>81891434
I like her husky voice, but she reallly can't. Sorry.
>>
>>81891387
Birdman was just hollywood sucking its own dick. The plot could only appeal to critics
>>
>>81891505
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P6HfeVX7TWA

Untrue, her singing was great. She can sing.

Who do you think can sing?
>>
>>81891473

something about shitting on twitter and facebook
>>
File: 1464376836616.gif (2MB, 696x478px) Image search: [Google]
1464376836616.gif
2MB, 696x478px
>>81890858
>>
>>81891556

it was an enjoyable movie, and certainly the best of that year along with whiplash
>>
>>81891596
I don't know. I'm pretty drunk atm desu. As I said, I like her as an actress and she seems like a nice person.
>>
>>81891804
Grand Budapest Hotel>>>
>>
The ending sequence was GOAT and you know it.
>>
>>81887339
Only good part about Manchester by the Sea was Lucas Hedges.

Lee was a boring asshole and Casey Affleck can't act.
>>
>>81891473
>easily remembered quips makes a movie oscar worthy

I really want faggot normies like you to kill themselves.
>>
>>81887450
Dishonest Filmmaking: (Damien Chazzele, Tarantino, Alejandro González Iñárritu, Wes Anderson, Christopher Nolan, Alex Garland, Paul Thomas Anderson, Nicholas Refn, Tom Hooper, Tyler Perry, Rian Johnson, Alfonso Cuaron, Noah Baumbach, Andrea Arnold, David Yates, Denis Vilenueve, James Franco, Steve McQueen) are intellectually bankrupt moral whores and charlatans; their films appeal to the modern phenomenon of the 'Pretend Epic' or Pseudo Cinema, often tied to the criticism that "It was a movie that thought it was a film" they have no ideas of their own and are filmed purely to have fancy essays made about them. They obfuscate their lack of insight under a smug impenetrable irony and often contain scenes with disingenuous attempts at depth with characters spouting platitudes that the director takes VERY seriously
This directly panders to the IMDb reddit sensibility of quote circlejerking since these hacks are masters of the fools wit, "Quipping" (Not to be confused with the marvel co-opting of the word) , it sounds smart, cool and worldly but in reality there's nothing of substance, the Revenant's attempt at spiritualism was cheap and laughable and whilst someone like Malick has considered his philosophy, Inaurritu wears his introspection on his sleeve to give his film a false sense of depth with pathetic sermonizing

THIS is Dishonest Filmmaking

They leech the greater works that preceded them; like The Enemy being a rip off Eraserhead, but they have nothing else to say
They act under the guise of deconstruction with surface layer obvious 'social commentary' and a quirky forgettable score praised as 'innovative'. They are all inauthentic sycophants that rely on oscar buzz and post 9/11 detachment for relevance.

These directors are hacks and will be forgotten to time

Some notably earnest filmmakers include, but are not limited to:
Mike Leigh
The Coen Brothers
Werner Herzog
James Cameron
Mel Gibson
Terrence Malick
Gaspar Noe
Clint Eastwood
>>
>>81887320
>>81887385
I need to rewatch it, but Moonlight came off as really shallow to me.
>>
>>81892226
So...you cannot name a single line, from a supposedly oscar worthy movie, released in 2014?

Wow, what an impactful film.
>>
>>81892395
Moonlight is only reflected on the surface that's why.
>>
>>81892460
I can't remember lines from any best picture winners, except Forrest Gump and West Side Story if song lyrics count.
>>
>>81887990
this guy is a confirmed autist
>>
>>81892713
Spotlight: They knew and they let it happen! TO KIDS! WE GOTTA NAIL THESE SCUMBAGS!!
The Departed: I don't wanna be a product of my environment. I want my environment to be a product of me.

It's because most have been shit and unworthy of the crown. Dialogue is a dying art in film, taken over by quips. I feel like nobody is trying to create scripts with words that sit with you forever.

It's all going down though, acting, scripting, set design everything is just cgi and whatever they can sell you.

I actually felt Moonlight was amazing, with the best acting, those three actors truly felt like I was watching the same person. Incredible. Fences too but Fences was a play and Denzel deserves no credit for any of it. Manchester by the sea too, which had its moments.

But oscar season is over now anyway, back to Star Wars. Why is La La Land threads even here now?
>>
>>81893234
>I feel like nobody is trying to create scripts with words that sit with you forever.
Shit's hard.
>Why is La La Land threads even here now?
Out on blu-ray now.
>>
Youre a couple months delayed with your contrarian opinion OP.
>>
whiplash > lala land
>>
>>81892292
>Paul Thomas Anderson
remove this name
>>
>>81892292

wtf I love dishonest films now
>>
>>81887385
The story of Moonlight couldn't be more straightforward, which made the movie tedious. Just because the main character lives in a world of contradictions doesn't make it deep.

>"The hood but like with classical music."
>"Dude that's art."

Ugh.
Thread posts: 79
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.