[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What went wrong?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 42
Thread images: 13

What went wrong?
>>
File: doyougetthereference.jpg (190KB, 678x1000px) Image search: [Google]
doyougetthereference.jpg
190KB, 678x1000px
>>81883639
Nothing.
>>
It couldn't match the book, which actually improves with every read.
>>
>>81883888
Who /gilf/er here?
>>
>>81883639

Interpretation of photographic intel over area. Bongoloids mistook sky for for ground and though area was full of boulders that were actually clouds and left vehicles out due to impassable terrain.
>>
>>81883639
It's a complete walt statement but my Dad works with SAS sometimes, teaching them first aid and burns care and he said the general consensus among them about McNab is that he fucked up a simple recon mission and isn't really anything special. Also they dislike the fact he's put himself out there as some top elite source on everything when really he's famous for a mistake.

Chris Ryan is well respected though.
>>
>>81885637
>>Chris Ryan is well respected though.
I hope you mean as a soldier and not an author.
>>
>>81885752
Yeah obviously. His trek across the desert was superhuman but his writing is like that of a 12 year old.
>>
>>81883639
Do they have the scene in this adaptation where all the guards shit in the same toilet and make them unclog it with their bare hands? That's the only thing I remember about that book.
>>
File: 300px-OTGA_cover.jpg (60KB, 300x435px) Image search: [Google]
300px-OTGA_cover.jpg
60KB, 300x435px
>>81883639
It was the wrong Bravo Two Zero story.
>>
>>81883639
Not enough antifa knockouts
>>
>>81885637
How likely was it that they really were sent to destroy SCUD launchers instead of just a simple recon mission? I only watched the movie and that stood out as bizarre. Such an important and dangerous mission assigned to a few lads. It's like something out of a vida game.
>>
>>81886548
According to the RSM they never even came into contact with enemy forces. Seems really blown up and exaggerated to me desu.
>>
File: AOHcover.jpg (107KB, 525x749px) Image search: [Google]
AOHcover.jpg
107KB, 525x749px
>>81883639
Is it anything like this cuz I actually like it
>>
>>81886548

They were sent to observe roads where Scuds moved, actual destruction was supposed to be done with airstrikes. They were supposed to avoid enemy contact, but they fucked pretty much everything from even before getting there. They left vehicles home because, they looked recon photos of area upside down and mistook fucking clouds to boulders. Then had all kinds of communication issues, wrong frequencies and shieet. They were dropped off to wrong site, so emergency pick up plan without communications failed as helicopter crews failed to repeat their previous mistakes. Once they were detected, they had to ditch most of their stuff, leading to soldiers dying to hypothermia.

Kinda like IRL Blackadder goes forth set in 90's.
>>
>>81883639

something like this needs a $50 million budget. the BBC spent about $50,000.

poor britfags cant produce shit.
>>
File: Herefordshire.jpg (2MB, 2075x1539px) Image search: [Google]
Herefordshire.jpg
2MB, 2075x1539px
>>81885637
Sounds like something you hear in the pub round where i'm from.
>>
>>81887364
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m8OQdZMsFYg
>4 episodes
>full season
>incredible show cancelled
even has cute Aisling Loftus, Stephen Graham, Warren Brown but nah it had to be cancelled
>>
>>81887435
you ever get into barfights with SAS soldiers?
>>
>>81887517
Na I've actually only ever met a few, there not meant to say so you won't ever hear it from them in a pub. But pretty much anyone who lives over at Credenhill will be a member, a girl i dated when i was at college lived over there. I found out after a few weeks of dating her that her dad was a some kind of officer in the unit..
>>
>>81887435

SO WHAT COLOR IS THE BOATHOUSE?
>>
>>81887888
Doubt there even is one seeing as there's no water around, fuck knows though i've never actually been into the camp its got armed guards and surrounded by a fence. Been to the residential area surrounding the camp quite a few times though.
>>
>>81887364
>something like this needs a $50 million budget. the BBC spent about $50,000.

They spent something like $6.5 million. Sean Beans salary probably took good chunk of the budget.
>>
>>81888147
HEREFORD HAS SOME KINDA RIVER SO THERE PROBABLY IS A BOATHOUSE SOMEWHERE

ITS A RONIN REFERENCE, AMBUSHED WITH A CUP OF COFFEE

>YFW BIT O RASPBERRY JAM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=salod98KI9Y
>>
>>81883639

No Bear Grylls on the mission, obviously.
>>
>>81888496

They actually had a guy who makes Bear Grylls a noob in survival and shieet.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Chris_Ryan

>Ryan made SAS history with the "longest escape and evasion by an SAS trooper or any other soldier", covering 100 miles (160 km) more than SAS trooper Jack Sillito had in the Sahara Desert in 1942. Ryan completed a 300 kilometres (190 mi) tab from an observation point on the Iraqi MSR between Baghdad and North-Western Iraq to the Syrian Border.
>During his escape, Ryan suffered injuries from drinking water contaminated with nuclear waste.

He wrote a book about it...

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_One_That_Got_Away_(book)

That turned into made for tv movie....

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_One_That_Got_Away_(1996_film)

That was actually directed by someone who is now considered relevant film director.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Paul_Greengrass

Since /tv/ has crossposters from /sp/ Chris Ryan has some relevance here. He worked as military adviser and extra in tv-show where man who lives in blurred house nicked his internet alias.
>>
File: 516903_1200x1600.jpg (456KB, 1200x1600px) Image search: [Google]
516903_1200x1600.jpg
456KB, 1200x1600px
Since blurred house was probably too obscure part of 4chan drama on /f1-generals/ of /sp/

Show where Chris Ryan worked was....

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ultimate_Force

First two seasons are decent... last two are trash. It is a show where basically 90% of cast are killed with couple lines of dialogue, "they went into Iraq and got killed, ones that didn't die fucked off from SAS due going nuts" in first episode of third season.
>>
>>81883912

"Lovely stuff", not my words, the words of shakin steven.
>>
>>81886094
The bit in the book that I remember is where they get McNab to put his dick on the table and whack his bell end with a riding crop or something. I don't remember it being in the movie.
>>
>>81889335
Best bit in Ultimate Force is where Henno decapitates a Zimbabwean general with dual machetes.
>>
>>81889777
Just looked it up, it was a single machete. Weird how you misremember things.
>>
>>81883888
MOMMY
>>
>>81888797
>Greengrass
Neat. Might watch the movie to see if their is any of his Bourne style in it.
>>
We all know the SAS are the baddest asses on the planet, right?
>>
File: opbeard.jpg (161KB, 1311x640px) Image search: [Google]
opbeard.jpg
161KB, 1311x640px
>>81890128
SAS INVENTED MODERN SPECIAL FORCES

BUT BRITS ARE PRETTY FRUITY, AMERICANS TOOK OVER DOMINANCE FROM THE BONGS, JUST LIKE THEIR EMPIRE :^)
>>
>>81890305
>>
>>81888270
was Ronin a deconstruction of the whole "assemble outfit of mercenaries to do a mission" genre?
>>
File: halal bantz.jpg (282KB, 566x821px) Image search: [Google]
halal bantz.jpg
282KB, 566x821px
>>81890587
KEK U MAD NIGEL?

WHEN DOES HEREFORD BECOME A SHARIA ZONE, HALAL MRES ONLY :^)

>>81890940
MORE LIKE A CORRECTIVE ELEVATION OF IT, THE GOLD STANDARD OF THE GENRE
>>
File: Lauritorni.jpg (35KB, 500x375px) Image search: [Google]
Lauritorni.jpg
35KB, 500x375px
>>81889777

My favorite parts were with Yugoslav militants.

Since Americans have no idea, Bongistan made quite a peacetime use with half their special forces between 70's and early 2000's, they re-purposed them as glorified SWAT-team and black ops execution crew to deal with IRA and other domestic terrorists. Couple first seasons of Ultimate Force were done with that stuff as main events in mind with usual ensemble cast of dozen or so characters dealing with all that in sanitized for too fucked up and not too illegal kind story line. Dozen guys involved in watered down and politically correct version of reality of near past set in current time.

Neat digits m8.

>>81890128

IRL Bravo Zero Two proved that they are quite capable fucking everything in their missions. At least the territorial army part of SAS.

>>81890305

Half of people that made up initial group of US Special Forces were fucking Finns.
>>
File: Torni_lauri.jpg (39KB, 361x557px) Image search: [Google]
Torni_lauri.jpg
39KB, 361x557px
>>81892384
biopic when?
>>
>>81892536
>biopic when?

A man who has already had kind of biopic.Starring BRUCE fucking WAYNE. Not exactly biopic,but pretty close.
>>
>>81883639
SHOOWN FACHKIN BEAN, INNIT
Thread posts: 42
Thread images: 13

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.