[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Fuck. Yes. Marvelshits can't compete with capekino.

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 33
Thread images: 5

Fuck. Yes. Marvelshits can't compete with capekino.
>>
>>81874154
>9gag
>>>>>/trash/
>>
>>81874154
we all know BvS is superior to any marvel flicks, stop bragging about it though
>>
>>81874154
>murderous Batman
>indifferent Superman
>neurotic Luthor
>damn great movie for comic book readers
>>
>>81874238
>autism : the post
>>
>>81874296
Reddit: The Movie
>>
The problem with Batman vs. Superman is that much of the plot doesn't pass the "so what" test. Like Lois's investigation of Lex's mercenaries and their special Lex-branded bullets. An absurd scheme to frame Superman for wrecking an African village which leads to Superman being summoned to court. But so what? The courtroom is blown up before Superman says a word and the entire subplot is never mentioned again. Lex tries to prejudice Batman and Superman against one another by stealing disability checks and sharing articles about Batman branding criminals. So what? The fight is eventually staged by simply kidnapping Superman's mom, rendering Lex's preceding machinations completely pointless. Abysmal storytelling and an unforgiveable waste of time in a movie that despite a bloated 3+ hours length, can't even spare a few minutes to give Superman more than 42 lines or squeeze in scenes for Wonder Woman to talk to anyone other than Bruce Wayne.

In contrast, Marvel's Civil War is a masterpiece of efficient storytelling. Batman vs Superman struggles to effectively tell a story about a couple of superheroes, one villain and a love interest. Civil War manages to credibly weave over a dozen heroes into a tightly-focused story, two of whom are main characters, half of which are properly developed and characterised and all of whom, even the "guest stars", get something cool to say or do. Even Falcon gets more dialogue in Civil War than Superman does in his own movie! "Quip"-filled though it may be, the conversations in Civil War flow like real banter between real people, and do a good job of conveying the personalities of the characters. Zack Snyder seems to believe a few pompous pronouncements and Biblical motifs are enough to secure the audiences empathy with his heroes. But they aren't. Hence Batman vs Superman's 27% RT score, Razzie award, and failure to reach $1bn despite starring the two biggest names in the comic book industry.
>>
>>81874154
JUST STOP ALREADY! MARVEL AND DC IS BOTH SHIT! STOP WITH THE CAPESHIT THREADS!!!!!!! FOR THE LOVE OF CHRIST IT'S PLEBS ARGUING WITH PLEBS! JUST STOP! IT'S ALL JUST FUCKING CAAAPPPEEESHHIIIITTTT REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE
>>
>>81874154
>>
watch marvel cap shit nr 99
>mindless, but entertaining and funny shit that you forget about the next day

watch next Snyder "masterpicez"
>mindless, but 2 hours of pretentious speeches, unclear character motivations, stupid choices, weird dialogue, forced humour from Warner Bros TM upstairs

but if you don't get it it's because you're not smart enough because le Superman spent 33 years on the earth, batman repreresents < >, lex < >

how about you first try and make a good movie, then go crazy with the symbolism
>>
It's ironic that I enjoy more seeing how much this movie triggers redditors and disney shills than the movie itself.
>>
>>81874378
the senator was going to block lexs import license , as she knows about his evil intentions, she is soon going to blow the whistle on lex corp and tell everyone hes a murderer etc so he had her killed
>>
>>81874238

I still wonder if people genuinely don't get that, up to, like the last 30 minutes, Batman is meant to be a bad guy in this movie and the fact that he lost track of his defining morals is the central point of his character arc.
>>
>>81874703
And that is why the resolution to their conflict and the conflict itself were stupid. The shift from bad guy to good guy was so sudden. Snyder gives us little reason to care about this Batman to begin with, given how deranged and violent he is without remorse until a trigger name.
>>
>>81874703
Nigga, no one wanted that though. And no one wanted some ham-fisted Christian "dude 2deep4u" allegory either. I don't understand why people like you don't get that.
>>
>>81874154
I'm a comic-book reader and I consider this a 3/10 movie.

If it is true that there is a correlation between enjoying comic-books and thinking this movie was well-made (citation needed), perhaps it lies in the fact that those who read comic-books as a hobby don't also study film?

My issues with the film had nothing to do with how the characters were portrayed (Batman killing and Luthor being an entirely new character). My issues were the atrocious editing and horrific dialogue.
>>
>>81874812
Not defending BvS but I think the whole Martha thing was to show just how disturbed Bruce is by his parents murder, probably PTSD or something and it affects him to this day.
>>
>>81874703
That doesn't add up, as right after realising that he's wrong, he goes and murder a few more goons
>>
File: guy.jpg (921KB, 1800x2400px) Image search: [Google]
guy.jpg
921KB, 1800x2400px
>>81874925
I mean yes that's why he dresses up and fights crime, his morals are a result of his trauma and following obsession. That's why he literally can't kill someone, not because "life is precious lmao". Making him lose his morals to show how traumatized he is is an oxymoron since that's why he has his morals to begin with.
>>
>>81875038
Snyder doesnt fucking understand the characters hes working with, thats why instead of Superman and Batman we got bootleg Dr. Manhattan and bootleg Rorschach
>>
>>81875095
>bootleg Manhattan and Rorschach
It all makes sense now holy sheit
>>
>2 watermarks
>>
>>81874703
I still wonder if people genuinely don't get that, for the entirety of its way beyond bloated run, BvS completely fails in its execution of its admittedly already facile premise to the point of shaking most any sensible movie goer while simultaneously betraying the established character it is trying to attract by bearing the banner of capeshit to begin with.
>>
>>81874931

He only really has his change of heart after Superman died, sparing him and helping him fight a common enemy was more like his first step towards redemption
>>
>>81874703
And I believe that any true Batman fan would not want that stupid Punisher-lite character arc for him
>>
>>81874154
Anyone else feel it's even set up like a comic book? Flashforwards, through-plots, call-outs, it just feels more like a comic book than even most of the cartoons do.
>>
File: 243071e7149c67b460355646c64860af.jpg (290KB, 400x1831px) Image search: [Google]
243071e7149c67b460355646c64860af.jpg
290KB, 400x1831px
YAAAAS FUCK MARVEL
>>
>>81876361
>I can only be beaten if you destroy the sun
Gets beaten by a man in a bat costume using a bunch of green rocks.
>>
>>81874175
It's cinematic diarrhea and everyone knows it except DCucks who are in denial.
>>
>>81876361
This was uncomfortable to read.
>>
>>81876361
And this is why DC is shit. Marvel characters are humans. Even Thor isn't uberhax powerful. DC is filled with literal invincible gods and demi-gods.
>>
File: CHIEF.jpg (5KB, 620x45px) Image search: [Google]
CHIEF.jpg
5KB, 620x45px
>>81874154
So what's the story on pic related? Is he going to be a Big Guy for us?
>>
>>81874621
That just sad actually
Thread posts: 33
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.