[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Holy shit....really made me think...

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 37
Thread images: 1

Holy shit....really made me think...
>>
George Lucas was trained at Lookout Mountain covert military facility in Laurel Canyon
>>
>>81868799
that's a good thing, you boot-licking statist scumbag
>>
>>81868799
Huh really makes me think
>>
>>81869374
well they were producing dangerous blue milk.
>>
>>81868799

>Terrorism

Except they chose a military target instead of Aluh Akhbaring Mos Eisley

Anyway i know this is just Reddit bait so don't know why I'm giving you more (you)'s
>>
>>81871007
I was going to say this. It all works until you throw the word "terrorism" at it.
It was a military target. It was an act of war.

A terrorist attack would be if the Rebel Alliance bombed Coruscant due to their religious beliefs or to protest the form of government (like, if they wanted a democracy rather than an autocracy).
Insurgents and terrorists are not the same thing.
>>
>>81868799
wtf I love islam now
>>
>>81868799
Neat take on it
Makes sense I suppose
Is Jedi a religion though or a way of living
>99
The Phantom Menace was released in 1999
>>
Except the empire were literally terrorists blowing up entire planets and extincting species in the snap of a finger, killing actual civilians and innocents. While luke just killed people who were military.
>>
>>81868799
Sheev did nothing wrong.
>>
>>81873539
you can't be terrorists if you're the civilization in control

that's just called keeping them in line
>>
>>81873502
It's referred to as a religion by some dude to Darth Vader.
>>
>>81873585
>you can't be terrorists if you're the civilization in control
Just looked up the definition for terrorism, unfortunately yours that you just made up didn't match it :/
>>
>>81873502

On the last Australian census, enough people listed Jedi under religion for it to be legitimized.
>>
>Don't you get it you Drumpy fucktard faggots! Abdullah is just like your idol Luke Skywalker and that's why you should let him rape and torture your children you xenophobic fuckbag.

Fuck SJWs
>>
What's up with his hairline in this picture? His hair is normally pretty great, even now.
>>
>>81873822
The point is that Star Wars was never good.
>>
>>81873878
They're children's movies. Always have been, always will be.
I actually watched the OT recently since I was a kid and came to realize that these movies suck nigger dicks.
I honestly don't understand why people absolutely lose their shit over them and are willing to sacrifice their first born for tickets to the earliest showing of the latest entry in this crapfest.
>>
>>81868799
>after a military strike kills his family
Wasn't it sand""people""?
>>
>>81868799
naming "terrorists" into "rebels" really worked out for lucas
>>
Star Wars is about Vietnam. The Rebels are communist guerrillas not Islamic terrorists.
>>
>implying the Empire did anything wrong
Sure, their methods were a little harsh but they were neccessary if you think about it.
>a religious, zealous group was in charge for thousands of years, probably killing everybody who disagreed with them
>don't do anything against the rampant corruption or slavery
>Sheev gets into power by completely legal means
>The Jedi try to arrest him because he follows the wrong religion
>Luckily they failed and Sheev was able to fight corruption
If you think about it, all Sheev really wanted was to protect the citizens and prevent the Jedi from becoming powerful again.
inb4 muh Alderaan was the equivalent of blowing up a hut in the middle east.
Also, the Rebellion and the new Republic are not able to protect their citizens, as seen in TFA where they were defeated by a tiny splinter group of what the Empire used to be
>>
>>81871007
>>81873316
It's astounding that so many people can't seem to grasp how a terrorist attack is different from military action.
>>
Star Wars is a movie about a magical terrorist who destroys the galactic equivalent of the Pentagon after being safely guided through a suicide bombing mission by the ghost of the man who mutilated his father.
>>
>>81874869
>galactic equivalent of the Pentagon
No, it's the galactic equivalent of an aircraft carrier or a submarine.
>>
>>81868799
>terrorist attack

no it's literally attacking a giant military base

not blowing up random people because cartoons make you mad
>>
>>81874119
In some ways the Empire wasn't that bad, but
>a religious, zealous group was in charge for thousands of years, probably killing everybody who disagreed with them
The Jedi weren't in charge. They had no political power and were keepers of the peace, that was a huge point in the prequel trilogy, they aren't supposed to be soldiers. Sheev manipulated events so that they were forced to fight and die out gradually, until he killed all the remaining ones with order 66.

The Jedi are intolerant of Sith, but with good reason. Sheev tries to use the logic on Anakin
>I'm guilty? Of what crime? Being persecuted because I have a different set of beliefs?
But in reality the Sith are and always have been evil. But they (including Sheev) use words to manipulate emotions and try to appear sympathetic, whereas the Jedi are autistic and will stick to their code even though it pisses people off.

Neither side is exactly perfect, but the Jedi were always supposed to be the good guys.
>>
>>81874119
Is it still considered technically legal if he creates a false flag attack?

Legitimate question, he used the Naboo "invasion" to get himself to chancellor and played the Confederates like a damn fiddle to organise an army to over throw the Jedi order.
>>
>>81868799
>terrorist attack

Destroying a planet-killer that had already been used and was moments away from being used again is the opposite of terrorism.
>>
>>81871007
Sure, first time. Second time around though, what about the independent contractors?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iQdDRrcAOjA
>>
>>81874936
The prequels hardly help, Darth Vader did nothing wrong.

Think about this.

You've got a cadre of utterly unaccountable super ninjas who assassinate people in secret. They claim to be doing so for 'the right reasons' but where is the oversight? Even the President of the Federation doesn't know what they get up to.

In practice they have close links to the aristocracy and blatantly favour some racial groups over others.

Lets face it, without reform they were unwilling to take, the Jedi order had no place in modern galactic governance.
>>
>>81875946
Oh and "its a religion" my foot.

They indoctrinate people and set up bases, offer 'training' to the gullible, even children, but where are the defining hallmarks of religion like acts of worship? You never see it because they don't do it.

Yoda is L.Ron Hubbard and Obi Wan is David Miscavige. They go around in robes claiming to renounce stuff but look at the speeders and the Coruscant real estate. Its clearly a tax break thing.
>>
>>81875714
>attacking a nation that has already killed millions and was years from attacking again is the opposite of terrorism
>>
>>81873585
state terrorism is very real
>>
>>81875856
the roofer guy pretty much tells it how it is. they weren't building a trading post but a military installation. what were the rebels suppose to wait till it was finished?
>>
>>81875856
>>81876168

worse than that, most of the manpower were slaves from prison planet. of course the "good" rebel alliance didn't think twice about liberating them before annihilating them.
Thread posts: 37
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.