[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What does /tv/ think of South Park? From the start to today.

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 1

File: south_park_main.png (1MB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
south_park_main.png
1MB, 1280x720px
What does /tv/ think of South Park?
From the start to today.
>>
Died once everything became political commentary and episodic.
>>
RESPECT MAH AUTHORATAH
DEY TOOK ORR JERBS
RABBLE RABBLE RABBLE RABBLE
[muffled vulgar statements]
OH MY GOD THEY KILLED KENNY!!! YOU BASTARDS XD
>>
libertarianism is the best thing mankind has ever created. Watch the Gnomes episode, it's accurate in how it says Starbucks and other franchises got to where they are because of the quality of their product. Also, watch the Wall-mart episode, if you're scared of Wal-mart ruining a town's local economy, just don't shop there.
>>
>>81865016
>Start
Fun, kinda weird still funny
>middle
Peaked around here
>today
Shit because they started trying to get too political and bet their seasons jokes on politic stuff

The last season was just bad, not to mention the last episode of the season which was so half assed I couldn't finish it. They were obviously betting on hillary winning for all their seasons jokes
>>
>seasons 1-3
Good start. No bad episodes. Crude animation and bad voice acting but still very funny. A lot of dated pop culture references. Epsiodes don't carry much weight

>seasons 4-10
The best stretch of comedy of any show ever. Literally god tier. Episodes are important and significant. Political points are made without being heavy-handed. Humor is driven through plot and characters

>season 11
Pretty close in quality but the start of the downward slope. A few 10/10 epsiodes but two duds (Lice Capades and the List)

>seasons 12-14
Starting to depend on current events. Still good; quality is comparable to first 3 seasons. Some episodes have very little humor that made the series great though

>seasons 15-17
Quality starting to dove further. Still some great episodes but they're less frequent. Many more current events referenced. Series shouldve ended with You're Getting Old

>seasons 18-20
Shit. I only watch because I'm wholly invested in the series. Matt and Trey have completely phoned it in. Almost all humor is derived from current events and the same jokes are used several times a season. True Zombie South Park
Shit
>>
It's good for the first 6 seasons, then it dips a little but still good enough. Around season 10 the quality drops substantially and it's pretty bad every other episode
>>
>>81865016
was much better when the show was "a group of foul-mouthed kids get into insane adventures like saving the world from aliens" opposed to now when it's "what funny news happened last week? let's attack strawmen on both sides"
>>
>>81865016
favorite season is season 2, don't know why they hate it so much. seasons 2-4 are very good, 5-9 people like the most because the kids stopped being funny kids and started being mouthpieces telling you how to think, being instant experts at things like cold reading, and the parents because more childish than the children.
10+ I'm not fond of, there's MAYBE one episode a season I like to watch. WTF stands out, the wrestling episode, it's very good.
>>
>>81865016
It's alright.
Quality is getting lower tho
>>
>>81865755
Trey literally goes into the writers room and says "I've been watching a lot of _____ lately, lets think of an episode about that". Honey Boo Boo, intervention, 24, lost, whatever the fuck. It dates the episodes so hard when you just meme on current events and shows.
And I enjoyed them being foul mouthed kids, now they're so mature when it calls for it, they should be consistently kids. They used to be creative in their insults, now all that happens is Cartman calls Kyle a "jew" and Kyle calls Cartman a "fatass". No more fat sweaty mongoloids, no more ass masters, I won't claim they were GREAT but at least they weren't the same fucking "insults" over and over and over and over.
>>
The joke, every time now, is
>monologue about current situation, it is very serious, and then a sentence acknowledging this is about kids.
You see it constantly, it's just a stale joke they use over and over. Returning the video tape episode is one of the first instances, they're role playing and making it a serious quest, but then the joke is
>but i have to go back inside before my mom finds me or i'll get grounded
and you'll recognize it constantly in the newer episodes, since 12+
>>
Ultimate Fence Sitting: the show

fat retarded libertarians in their late 20s to mid 30s with beards and tattoos who smoke weed every night and like capeshit really love it

>haha it makes fun of both sides bro
>>
>>81865985
If you can't find humor in both sides you're a brainlet
>>
The last seasons with overarching plots are mediocre, but I think they're getting better - maybe at some point SP will become great again.

Nevertheless, the earlier seasons are magnificent. It's one of the smartest shows ever.
>>
the seasonal continuity sucks. this past season was painfully unfunny
>>
>>81865926
totally, I can go back and watch the first bunch of episodes and it's still great and makes me laugh because it's based around some insane story they made up as opposed to current events like you said

>>81865985
I don't really give a shit about the "fence sitting" that the show does, it's a show it doesn't need a political compass ESPECIALLY when it has so many unique characters, it's the retarded kids who watch it and are unable to see one side or the other and then base their political opinion (or opinion on whatever current event) based on what happens on the show.
>>
>>81865595
>the best stretch of comedy in any show ever
Wrong. Simps seasons 3-10
Thread posts: 18
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.