[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Are Smart TVs a good investment?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 2

File: idiotbox.jpg (40KB, 755x382px) Image search: [Google]
idiotbox.jpg
40KB, 755x382px
Are Smart TVs a good investment?
>>
>>81864796
luxury*
>>
File: 1480475142823.jpg (16KB, 409x295px) Image search: [Google]
1480475142823.jpg
16KB, 409x295px
yeah, how else will you watch media with all your *friends*?
>>
>>81864796
no, their wi-fi is shit. apps were slow and videos were prone to buffering despite adequately fast internet

i disconnected mine and use a chromecast instead and everything runs smoothly
>>
>>81864796
They're always listening. If you're cool with that and don't have a media player for the full resolution of the tv then maybe the apps are useful
>>
>>81864796
Nope, build yourself a shit tier pc in a small case and you have a machine that completely btfo the best '''''''smart'''''''' tv.
>>
>>81864796
Not unless you want someone watching you fap to Wild Things and Game of Thrones
>>
Amazon fire stick is amazing! It's made watching Netflix and Hulu very easy. You can even buy movies and tv shows that are unavailable through those apps!
>>
>>81864796
Xbox or PlayStation, same shit and work better.
>>
Well seeing as all high end tvs are now smart tvs you pretty much have no choice if you want the top of the line

>tfw you still have a working pioneer plasma

gonna hold onto this tv until it dies on me. the thing is a tank and its black levels are truly top tier.
>>
>>81866429
It's not terrible, but for anyone looking into a new media server it can sideload kodi and other shit easily
>>
>>81866330
a fucking game console, pleb
>>
>>81866423
>>81866433
This. I just built my mom a computer and tried explaining how it would work better hooking it up to a television, but she's still stuck on the notion that she needs a smart tv, roku or some other shit.
>>
>>81864796
Depends on the model. LG's WebOS UI is mighty slick.
>>
They shoot a beam into your head that makes you feel sick all the time.
>>
Nice Telescreen goy
>>
>>81864796
It's nice when your TV isn't close to your PC so you can just use Plex to stream content instead of having a cable through your room. It's also nice to watch YouTube on while having dinner.
They're really laggy though, when watching regular TV it takes forever to zap through channels which sucks.
Overall I'd say it's a needless luxury but you might as well.
>>
>>81864796
I got a 4k one. It's alright. The smart TV fuckery and the 4k memery both wouldn't be worth it if my old TV hadn't finally given up the ghost, but s'ok.

Most useful part of the smart TV shit is it's mildly faster and more convenient to immediately flip to Youtube or Netflix if I'm watching shit on there, but most of the time I'm doing Kodi so what the hell.

Only 4k thing I've watched was Grand Touring which did look nice but not so much more than 1080 that it was really worth it.
High framerate looks better tea bee aych
>>
>>81866330
Hook your computer with your 8tb of pirated anime into your tv.
>>
>>81866429
I like the utility of the firestick but the hardware isn't there yet, these things are cheap slow pieces of crap. Hopefully in the near future they update the tech and make them run smoother
>>
>>81864796
Wait a few years and I think they'll be perfect.
>>
>>81864796
Just get a ps4 faggot
>>
>>81864796
If you want your viewing habits and other personal data to be tracked and sold to third parties, then sure. Personally, I wouldn't even allow one near the internet.
>>
>>81864796
Have you ever heard of a TV that appreciated in value over the years? No? Then it's not a fucking investment. Investments earn you money. Consumer electronics depreciate in value until they're nothing but shit destined for a landfill.
Thread posts: 24
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.