[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Name me a better Kubrick Tip you can't

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 5

Name me a better Kubrick

Tip you can't
>>
File: 3Vfz8mx.png (63KB, 170x240px) Image search: [Google]
3Vfz8mx.png
63KB, 170x240px
>>81861085
This is my favorite movie along side There Will be Blood. Maybe Barry Lindon, if the message had been more profound like that of Paths, but it isnt. So i guess you're right i can't.
>>
>>81861085
All of his last six films are superior to this. Lolita and Dr. Strangelove are superior to this. It's basically a nice liberal message picture with a little irony in the ending. Kirk Douglas is a non-actor. Don't be absurd.

>>81861186
Barry Lyndon is infinitely more profound than Paths of Glory. What the fuck is profound about Paths of Glory? There's nothing, it's just an anti-war movie. All its intelligence is technical and formal, there's no insight there because the restrictions of the genre make insight impossible. The only less interesting Kubrick film is Spartacus.
>>
>>81861450
Sometimes, the simplest stories are the ones that really need to be told. I really liked Paths of Glory, reminder that the idea of war as a patriotic and important thing has been going since forever.
>>
File: 1492630310457.jpg (200KB, 590x800px) Image search: [Google]
1492630310457.jpg
200KB, 590x800px
>>81861450
Man, how dense are you?
>>
>>81861450
>Barry Lyndon
>profound
No son. Thats literally the point of the exercise.
>>
>>81861450
>What the fuck is profound about Paths of Glory?
Post your feet.
>>
>>81861522
Nope. Only children need such a reminder.

>>81861544
Less dense than you, you like liberal message movies.

>>81861575
Confirmed for missing the point of Kubrick entirely. Go back to your Huston imitations.
>>
File: 1430301380767.webm (3MB, 1788x1080px) Image search: [Google]
1430301380767.webm
3MB, 1788x1080px
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gPtVNDvwGMo

kino
>>
>>81861717
>that webm

thank you YIFY
>>
While certainly not his best, Paths of Glory may be one of the only Kubrick films with an optimistic ending. The only other one I can think of is A.I. (that isn't technically a Kubrick). It's an "easy" film, but it offers insight on Kubrick's cinematography, style and persona. And the scene at the bar is truly beautiful.
>>
glorious movie
if u seen or like it, u ain't pleb
>>
>>81861450
Hey now, just because PoG doesn't reach the kino of BL doesn't mean it should be callously tossed aside. Let's not discard well executed films because there are few. This is coming from someone whose favorites are Barry Lyndon and Dr. Strangelove.
>>
>>81861773
Isn't the ending bad thought? Because the men are returning to the front where they will join the thousands of fallen.
>>
File: 1491925841315.jpg (756KB, 1200x977px) Image search: [Google]
1491925841315.jpg
756KB, 1200x977px
>>81861643
>liberal message movies
Kek
>>
>>81861864
I don't toss it aside, I just don't overpraise it as the anons I responded to were doing.

There are thousands of well-executed, unambitious films. Kubrick's execution is more interesting than most, but that's the only level of interest. The total vision is absent.
>>
>>81861450
>The only less interesting Kubrick film is Spartacus.
Fear and Desire is heavy handed and falls on its face. I never want to watch that trash again. Not even Kubrick wanted to see that thing again.

Also, you're too hard on Paths of Glory for its more blunt message. You end up ignoring the interesting moments outside of Douglas' major scenes that elevate it to a more interesting war movie than the typical genre entry.
>>
Killer's Kiss is the least bad Kubrick.
>>
>>81862273
It's more interesting though. Partly because it reveals how much conscious pandering was involved in Paths of Glory. Fear and Desire makes sense as the work of the man who made Full Metal Jacket more than Paths of Glory does.

No, I'm not, I'm just evaluating it accurately. Also, the anti-war war movie is a seperate genre from the war movie period. Don't use terms like "genre entry" instead of getting a cinematic education, please, it's embarrassing to read.
>>
>>81861085
kek at Criterion going with a "shaggy this isn't weed" face for the cover.
>>
>>81861085
Strangelove and Barry Lyndon
>>
>>81861085
All of kubrick's flicks are shit. You're just comparing shits
Thread posts: 22
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.