[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Ricky Gervais

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 342
Thread images: 25

File: gervais athiest cross.jpg (158KB, 600x780px) Image search: [Google]
gervais athiest cross.jpg
158KB, 600x780px
Is there a cooler Athiest Comedian? He's up there with Rick Sanchez and to an extent Richard Dawkins for me, truly truly brilliant.
>>
>>81849125
>atheism
>literally the lowest hanging belief
>hurrr we're so smart
How did that meme spread? Don't need to do shit to be an atheist, I was one at 13 before I found god and stopped being a fag.
>>
>>81849125
Ricky Gervais proves that there is a difference between a non-believer and an atheist.
>>
the whole athiesm thing was necessary for a brief period in time. now it's nauseating.

this picture is pretty old though.
>>
>>81849162
Once i realized life was a test and this world's degeneracy was a result of sin... then i stopped being a fag.
>>
I miss old Ricky
>>
>>81849162
>god
>not God

Clearly, you don't take your religion very seriously. It's near blasphemous to say god vs God.
>>
>>81849162
>How did that meme spread? Don't need to do shit to be an christian, I was one at 13 before I found out there is no god and stopped being a fag.
This is exactly how atheist started a few years ago. Choosing something just out of contrarianism makes you a retard, whatever the choice is.
>>
>>81849125

Woah Ricky looks like THAT?
>>
>>81849125
Was he serious about this shoot? I feel he's trying to show off since being a fat fuck his entire life, but it's just comes off as sad and pathetic.
>>
DUDE STRING THEORY LMAO
>>
>>81849188
>the whole athiesm thing was necessary for a brief period in time

really? a brief period in time?

so the fundamental christians have no reasonable voice anymore on the media in the US?

the muslims are not really a power anymore in the middle east?
>>
>>81849203
I think he's a good writer and performer, but when he speaks his mind, or tries to be spontaneously funny, he fails miserably. And I'm not even a christian, or a conservative or even American, but he just comes off as a very smug idiot.
>>
Militant Athiesm is stupid, to say God and Science cannot co-exist is also stupid. To think that Humans who have been around for 200,000 years know anything about how the universe works is also stupid. Therefore live your life by not putting all your eggs in one basket.
>>
>>81849125
just about the worst picture of all time
>>
>>81849211
>>81849210
Never said I'm Christian though, I have my own set of beliefs like any grown adult should.
>>
>>81849251
Atheism /=Secularism

We can live in a secular society without being atheist. I'm catholic but fully support the separation of church and state, hate any form of theocracy, and even religious institutions getting tax breaks. We don't need atheism to do that.
>>
>>81849125
epic simply epic
>>
>>81849299
>grown adult should
>posting on an anime image board.
lel
>>
>Religion = What someone has written in a book

You can come up with your own beliefs, not everyone who believes in a God is religious. This is what athiest dont understand.

Personally I think God is love.
>>
>>81849200
You still sound like a total fag.
>>
>>81849341
This desu. I was catholic and I personally despise Pope Francis for a related reason. He recently said if you can't be a "good catholic" you might as well be an atheist. It's completely absurd because one does not need to be attached to a Church to believe in God. So I fall in line with your approach, militant religious people and atheists don't get it at all.
>>
>>81849274
God and science can't really exist together. If you really think about, or even think about it a little bit you'll see that they're not compatible. I don't have to be militant or smug to tell you that.
>>
File: O RLY.jpg (204KB, 485x662px) Image search: [Google]
O RLY.jpg
204KB, 485x662px
>>81849341
>Personally I think God is love.

Then why use the word God?

you are full of shit, but I guess you don't even realize it

whenever you use the word God you automatically insert some kind of devine person into the picture - you don't do that with love, do you?
>>
>>81849418
Always had an issue with Popes, the ceremony of it all seems a bit too occultish for me, though I'm sure all those people praying for him has some beneficial effects, maybe.
>>
>>81849299
Well, maybe I should've said *insert religion here*, since you seem to be able to read only on a literal level.
>>
Similar to the guys above I just believe God is Good, i.e. Love, and inherently good thing

And since there is Good there must be an opposite of it Evil, which is essentially the 7 deadly sins.

The idea is to be as close to God (Good) as possible. And which religion or path is the most effective at it
>>
>>81849454
How can they not? The universe could easily have been made by God working through natural forces leaving no fingerprints.
>>
>>81849341
You can come up with any old toss to believe if you want to. Believing God is love is no different to believing satan works in Walmart or that eating shit makes you invincible.
>>
>>81849341

God technically is love.

still sound like a teenager though.
>>
>>81849472
you missed something

*tips fedora
Checkmate Athiests
>>
>>81849210
>saying Lord's name at all
Exodus 20:7, you shitter
>>
>>81849516
How the fuck does your analogy work with my own personal system of beliefs? You do need to do shit to have your own personal beliefs, you're not born into them, unlike organised religion.
>>
Why are atheists so bent into trying o provoke anyone that isn't atheist?
>>
>>81849454
>God and science can't really exist together. If you really think about, or even think about it a little bit you'll see that they're not compatible.

That's false though, they're both providing different explanations for life and its role in the universe. But that does not mean they're incompatible, Since Science can provide us with evidence to current understanding of the universe, The belief in God is based on faith. It's not like they're two competing hypothesis, because they coudln't be measured the same way. plenty of non-believers live with faith every day (like faith in your fellow man) and plenty of religious people live with science (like accepting our current understanding of fossil records and anatomy).

And yes there are non-believers that are vehemently untrustworthy of anything and anyone and religious people that deny evolution, but neither are the rule.
>>
The only reason he does this shit is because Yanks give him so much attention for it. In England where people are atheist by default he gets no response for saying obvious facts, as soon as he moves across to the US suddenly it's a selling point he can exploit.
>>
>>81849125
Rick Sanchez is Rick in Rick and Morty right?
>>
>>81849534
Well that's the god of the gaps argument. Considering that we have source material for god in various religious texts, comparing what those texts say about the world to what we can test and observe shows them to be inaccurate. Therefore when you apply science to theology it is disproved, and while you can believe in a personal god the very concept of a personal deity means it's personal to you, this also cannot be tested using science because it's entirely subjective.
Science and god are therefore incompatible.
>>
>>81849472
People use the word God when talking about a higher force that guides us through life, in case you haven't noticed.
>>
>>81849633

to get them to think for a change
>>
Science was the language God left behind for us to understand what all this shit is about.
>>
>>81849644
>t. In England where people are atheist by default

source? Because I think that's inaccurate. I expect the muslim population to upset that statistic quite a bit. I know that British people are culturally secular though.
>>
>>81849682

egoism and self-preservation?
>>
>>81849633
They don't have arguments that aren't vapid as fuck and they try to fill in the gap with aggression.
>>
Militant atheists probably have some kind of personal grudge against religion. There's no way you get to be as obnoxious or loud about something unless they touched your penis or plowed your chocolate valley as a child.
>>
>>81849634
See
>>81849681
>>
>>81849617
But I haven't said his name at all
>>
>>81849722
Do you seriously not understand that some things are beyond your control? If your house blows up in 2 minutes, it's not your egoism that made you die, it's a force you had no control over.
>>
File: you_said_what.jpg (41KB, 641x345px) Image search: [Google]
you_said_what.jpg
41KB, 641x345px
/tv/ really is the most christian of all boards

I guess that's the result of education by television.
>>
>>81849681
>>81849737

>Science and god are therefore incompatible.

You're making it sound like Science is based on absolute truths, which is not. Science is about doubt and gathering new knowledge.

You can most definitely live with the belief in god and not deny science. My friend that works at CERN is a catholic and he's not the only one there that believes in God. It's a fallacy that they're both incompatible.
>>
>>81849634
The very nature of faith is that it's not proof. You have to believe without proof in order to have faith at all. In fact having faith in something is the same as saying that you could be proved wrong about it. So it's an admission that your belief is unscientific and could be proved wrong, even though you would presumably ignore that proof if it was presented to you because you have faith.
>>
>>81849699
https://www.theguardian.com/world/2015/apr/12/uk-one-of-worlds-least-religious-countries-survey-finds
http://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk/uk-is-one-of-the-least-religious-countries-in-the-world-survey-finds-10173589.html
Only 30% of surveyed people in the UK are religious, and yes that's including Islam driving the numbers up. Anecdotally I would say I've met around 10 people in my life who are Christian, I don't get out much though.
>>
Jseus chirst, such lazy bait

Why do you pricks keep falling for it?
>>
>>81849791

alright?

what makes you think that there is some kind of personal agent behind this?

also: what makes you think we can know something about the wishes of this agent by reading something that some sheppards wrote down 2000 years ago?
>>
>>81849819
You're arguing with a teenager buddy.
>>
>>81849731
Nah, it's just an easy way to signal unearned intellectualism. Most of these atheists assume that they 'pwn' silly religious arguments, while actually making asses of themselves. Majority of internet atheists never read The Bible, or any apologias
>>
>>81849860
>personal agent
Who says anything about personal agent. Personally, I believe that universe itself is god. I believe that the isolation of each individual living being is an illusion created by each individual brain and in fact we are all one, we're the god, all together. And this god is directing the world the best way he can to help me out. He helped me out through evolution, when he formed the planet, when he created the laws of physics. It's not a person, it's just everything. But the everything doesn't act randomly, it has a pattern a goal and one of the goal of the universe is to make sure we living being are taken care of. So thanks, god.
>>
>>81849826

Very interesting, thanks for the reply anon. Funnily enough the only British person I know is a Christian, but he's the exception then.
>>
>>81849685
It's a shame spirituality and science can't go hand in hand because scientists are blinded by their egos.
>>
>>81849848
I've pretty much realized that most people know bait threads are bait but they don't care because they want the discussion.
>>
>>81849819
Science is based on evidence, doubt and research are it's tools but proofs and evidence are it's core. God is not a scientific concept and neither is faith. Science can disprove religious texts. But it cannot be applied to your inner beliefs because your beliefs are not rational. Your CERN buddy may have no problem having a part of his life dedicated to science and a part dedicated to Jesus but that's not a rational behaviour. He didn't end up with those opinions based on calculations or evidence.
>>
>>81849971
Hello fellow Pandeist, patrician belief.
>>
>>81849893
I'm 35 actually.
>>
>>81850026
It really is. I wish we had churches and hats and all that shit, it's no fun without them.
>>
>>81850024
>Your CERN buddy may have no problem having a part of his life dedicated to science and a part dedicated to Jesus but that's not a rational behaviour. He didn't end up with those opinions based on calculations or evidence.

Guess how many people bully him for his beliefs or bring it up at the workplace? none, because scientists don't think that way, they may have beliefs or lack of beliefs in a higher power. But they ultimately understand that all the evidence they gather is not absolute. They have no qualms about it, people like you really misinterpret science.
>>
>>81850124
>people like you really misinterpret science.
It's the problem the modern era has due to pop science. People don't think on their own anymore.
>>
>>81849125
>Atheist Comedian
>cool
"Look at me, look how hip and against the system I am!"
Any time someone refers to someone else's religion as a "fairy tale," I cringe a bit. Though it may be telling that it's more out of the defense of fairy tales.

>>81849472
I do that with a person I love, but that just sort of highlights for me how incredibly creepy Christians are about their deity. Like, do we need to leave them alone with their god for a bit while they get off to the thought of him?
>>
>>81849819
>You can most definitely live with the belief in god and not deny science

but not logic and rationality
>>
>>81849251
>the muslims are not really a power anymore in the middle east?

Yeah but Islam is the lefts Holy Cow, I literally have gay friends that will in one breath complain about those evil fundamentalist Christians not baking a wedding cake for a gay couple and ignore the atrocities of Islam.
>>
>>81850153
>It's the problem the modern era has due to pop science

exactly, it's fucking retarded. Science in popular culture has been disastrous.
>>
>>81849971
But what makes you think this? Because in fairness it sounds like you pulled it out of your arse. I'm not saying you can't believe it or that it doesn't help you get through the day but it's not real. You don't just get to make shit up and expect anyone to take you seriously.
>>
>>81849125
I'm an atheist and that picture is embarrassing.
>>
>>81849125
He already said that he's agnostic. He got smarter.
>>
>>81850164
If you think your life is based on logic and rationality, you're fucking retarded. Sort yourself.
>>
>>81850164
>but not logic and rationality

You spewing this has no value, you know that right? If you were rational you wouldn't be arguing with someone on a Taiwanese laundromat forum. It makes zero sense to spew shit like that.
>>
>>81850124
They don't bully him because they're probably just nice people. And smashing particles together and thinking about what's gonna happen and believing in God are not particularly related. I'm sure he and his colleagues can discuss their science without god ever coming up. And I'll bet you another thing. I bet when the results do come in and he writes up his hypothesis it doesn't just say "god did it".
>>
>>81850273
Well if you don't think that your retarded.
>>
>>81849125
That picture is cringey as fuck and really depicts gervais for what he is. A childish edgy cunt
>>
>>81850283
You have a very simple idea of God,
>>
>>81850283
>They don't bully him because they're probably just nice people.

Your taking it up on faith they do that to help your argument. Ironic.

>And smashing particles together and thinking about what's gonna happen and believing in God are not particularly related. I'm sure he and his colleagues can discuss their science without god ever coming up. And I'll bet you another thing. I bet when the results do come in and he writes up his hypothesis it doesn't just say "god did it".

Never did I say that his work is related to God, never. He and everyone that works there understands that they work there on scientific research, separate from any belief.

>>81850323

better get rid of any wants then .
>>
>>81850362
Well that's fine since I'm an atheist and i don't care about god. You however have a big complicated idea of god, which is just your idea. You made it up in your mind and now your trying to sell it to me likes it's some kind of evidence. Well you don't get to do that, if someone believes they're Jesus you don't have to take their word for it now do you?
>>
>>81850024
>He didn't end up with those opinions based on calculations or evidence.

Literally 0 modern day gaytheists ever come to their conclusion because of "calculations" or "evidence". Extensive studies have shown strong correlations between militant atheism and daddy issues, growing up in a fatherless home etc. It's just old fashioned rebellion against authority that people don't grow out of, because we're now infantilized to the point people in their mid 30's still have the mentality of teenagers.
>>
>>81850197
>But what makes you think this?
Logic mostly. Why do you consider yourself to be you? Because your brain told you so? Well have you tried hooking yourself up to another brain to see what happens? Will you still be you? If we copy your brain molecule after molecule, will that be your experience or will that be someone else? When you start really thinking about it, you realise that the concept of "self" is entirely made up. I don't believe living beings are different from non-living beings, I don't believe in free will and I don't believe in souls. The molecules in my brain are no different from the molecules right next to it. That's just logic. There's nothing special about your brain that makes it an isolated "unit" of the world.
>>
>>81850461
You seem really upset when someone mentions God, did a priest touch you?
>>
>>81850273

Tell me more about the wisdom you've gained from 22 years of life
>>
>>81850278

Fuck up idiot
>>
>>81850444
> He and everyone that works there understands that they work there on scientific research, separate from any belief.
And that would be because everyone there understands that God and science are incompatible and that God has no place in CERN.
Also I'm not taking it on faith that they're all nice people I'm drawing on my life's experience to make the supposition that most people working on one of the top scientific projects of our age would be professional enough to not bully their co-workers.
Now i may be wrong there but i doubt it since you already told me they don't bully him.
>>
The idea of God is scarier to me than the whole "dying alone in an uncaring universe" thing. Atleast then you're just dead. Obviously horrifying in its own way, but not as much as the alternative.
>>
>>81849617
>old testament
>being a kike
off fuck kike
>>
File: 5623.jpg (74KB, 418x580px) Image search: [Google]
5623.jpg
74KB, 418x580px
>Now certainly the thought of God is not gained by an instinctive association of His presence with any sensible phenomena; but the office which the senses directly fulfil as regards creation that devolves indirectly on certain of our mental phenomena as regards the Creator. Those phenomena are found in the sense of moral obligation. As from a multitude of instinctive perceptions, acting in particular instances, of something beyond the senses, we generalize the notion of an external world, and then picture that world in and according to those particular phenomena from which we started, so from the perceptive power which identifies the intimations of conscience with the reverberations or echoes (so to say) of an external admonition, we proceed on to the notion of a Supreme Ruler and Judge, and then again we image Him and His attributes in those recurring intimations, out of which, as mental phenomena, our recognition of His existence was originally gained. And, if the impressions which His creatures make on us through our senses oblige us to regard those creatures as sui generis respectively, it is not wonderful that the notices, which He indirectly gives us through our conscience, of His own nature are such as to make us understand that He is like Himself and like nothing else.

>Conscience has a legitimate place among our mental acts; as really so, as the action of memory, of reasoning, of imagination, or as the sense of the beautiful; that, as there are objects which, when presented to the mind, cause it to feel grief, regret, joy, or desire, so there are things which excite in us approbation or blame, and which we in consequence call right or wrong; and which, experienced in ourselves, kindle in us that specific sense of pleasure or pain, which goes by the name of a good or bad conscience. In this special feeling, which follows on the commission of what we call right or wrong, lie the materials for the real apprehension of a Divine Sovereign and Judge.
>>
Why is Karl so much nicer than Ricky?
>>
>>81850498
Your projecting a lot of emotion onto me that's not at all accurate. I'm actually just quietly sat on a train wasting an hour while i head home from work. I'm not visibly shaking or even mildly irked. This is actually kinda fun to me.
>>
>>81850643

He's not, he picks on Steve all the time
>>
>>81850462
Citation needed.
>>
>>81850462

> It's just old fashioned rebellion against authority
>growing up in a fatherless home

does not compute
>>
We're at the point where the Christians on 4chan are just as obnoxious as the Reddit atheists.
>>
>>81850481
Well that's pretty logical, I'll give you that, but then you jump to the idea that the universe is trying to help people and is aware of itself. That's not logical or rational or scientific.
>>
>>81850721

>implying there's any christians here
>>
>>81850629
Tldr
>>
>>81850481
>There's nothing special about your brain that makes it an isolated "unit" of the world

Nigga you dum

What makes your brain unique is how nerve and cell are connected. Two brains are not alike, just like 2 hard-disks are not alike in a computer.
>>
>>81850741
Not people, it's trying to help itself. That's what evolution is, the world trying to create the best species possible. And I'm sure you can apply the principle of evolution to other laws of nature, they're set up in a way that's beneficial for the universe in the long run. The universe is an organism that's trying to survive. Or maybe be happy. Or I don't know what it's trying to do, but it's trying to do something.
>>
>>81850829
>What makes your brain unique
>just like 2 hard-disks
Nigga what are you even saying. Are you saying hard drives are alive and special and have souls and free will?
>>
>>81850582
>And that would be because everyone there understands that God and science are incompatible and that God has no place in CERN.

No one talks like that there though, there is no silent rule that everyone there believes that. You're assuming that all scientists think like a 10th grader.

>>81850568
>Fuck up idiot

Not sure what this means?
>>
>>81850837
I'm not here to bully you or even tell you your wrong but you must understand that believing the universe is conscious and trying to do something isn't scientific. It's your belief, and that's fine but you should know that it's not a scientific thing that you believe and that that belief is not compatible with science as a process of using evidence to prove a hypothesis.
>>
>>81849162
What's more annoying is the dumb atheists that constantly shit talk religious people as stupid. It's like no one is taking joe Rogan that serious
>>
>>81850462
>Extensive studies
Scientific studies, using scientific methods?
>>
>>81849203
yeah. I also liked Ricky better when he was fat. Now he just is being an attention whore
>>
ITT
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hL4Gq1Le2rQ
>>
>>81850880
He say individual and personal make unique
>>
he makes fun of my beliefs and that hurts my feelings. feelings are sacred and must be protected.
>>
>>81851056
The majority of tumblr are a bunch of atheists that say the same shit, you point?
>>
>>81850921
No i don't think i am, if a researcher at CERN wrote a paper saying that the shape of a particular collision was caused by the love of Jesus how do you think that would go down with everyone else?
But you know what, if he had evidence for that shape being the result of Jesus love then that would be some fucking good science. But he wouldn't because that's not even remotely what CERN's about.
>>
>>81849162
first post worst post. this thread was satire you dolt.
>>
>Religion is wrong, because logic and reason tell me so!
>the world on the quantum level goes completely against the notions of logic and reason
Oops
>>
>>81849162
>found God

where?
>>
>>81850921
Let me put it another way.
You can use a police dog to track the scent of a criminal, but the dog doesn't have to believe or even understand the legal system in order to get results. The dogs beliefs bear no consequence to the task despite its ability to conduct the task.
>>
>>81851297
He's under the couch, next to the keys you lost you moron.
>>
>>81851258
Notions of logic and reason as we understand them. The search to understand the true logic behind it is the driving goal of science, and that is achieved by hypothesis and experimentation.
>>
>>81849274
Scientists aren't the smug ones saying they know everything. Science is all about asking questions, doing tests, making observations, and constantly repeating them to make sure they got the answers correct. Christians are the ones that say don't ask questions and just follow this book written by people some 2000 years ago and have faith rather than finding the answers yourself.
>>
Friendly reminder that the world is 2000 years old and that dinosaur bones are a test that the weak of faith will fail. Only those that accept His love will enter Heaven. Make the right choice and receive his gift.
>>
>>81851437
The Universe isn't obliged to make sense logically. The true nature of things might be entirely outside human understanding. We simply evolved to use one particular set of linear reasoning. To paraphrase Wittgenstein's metaphor, if the world is a black&white picture, we understand it's shapes by drawing a grid on top of it, and seeing which cells are white and which are black. Thats one way, but there's infnity of another, the grid itself is just a human construction. And the picture itself might have 20 billion layers, completely undiscoverable by the grid.
>>
>>81849125
>dad jeans
>>
>>81849341

>implying you know what atheists understand
>>
>>81849251
as an atheist we really do have a hugely disproportionate presence in the media

atheists that talk about how dumb religion is as a career are just as bad as people like Jerry Falwell
>>
OP here: Athiests are dumb. Sorry lads.
>>
File: god.jpg (51KB, 526x526px) Image search: [Google]
god.jpg
51KB, 526x526px
It makes me laugh that it's 2017 and atheists STILL have no answer to this

>>81850019
uh ya think?
>>
>>81851908
>disprove that I don't have a unicorn in my garage
>>
>>81849738
>But I haven't said his name at all

You mean "His"?
>>
>>81851611
Just because something is outside the realm of human understanding doesn't mean it cannot be understood. Just because we might not be able to get something to fit into our understanding doesn't mean that it doesn't follow it's own internal logic which may be beyond us. Besides, people do apply science and logic to quantum behaviours and they bear fruits like superconductors.
>>
>>81851611
>Wittgenstein's

Dude, way above his head. Athiests don't "do" philosophy
>>
>>81852013
thats not an argument
>>
>>81851908
Fuck off shitposter, that's the worst bait I've seen all day.
>>
>>81852040
Did you just assume god's gender? please use correct pronouns and check your privelege
>>
File: 1491530610344.jpg (121KB, 598x362px) Image search: [Google]
1491530610344.jpg
121KB, 598x362px
do you guys think that if I made a time machine and dropped dragon ball z volumes back in time people would worship goku?
I bet that the bible is just proto sci fi that became too popular
>>
Have you guys read the deleted chapters from the Bible? You can really see why some of them never made the cut

>The idea of 'Infancy Gospels', that is stories of Jesus's life that never made it into the official Bible, is controversial, but some of the tales of Jesus's childhood told in these works make surprising reading. Some versions of Christ's life claim that as a child, He vanquished dragons, exploded snakes and killed a boy who accidentally brushed against him.

the rest of is good shit though and you should definitely believe in it
>>
>>81850934
>that belief is not compatible with science as a process of using evidence to prove a hypothesis
I like how you say that without trying to disprove any of my points. What exactly does science disagree with? I presented you with a logical points. Which one do you disagree with?

That's why everyone hates you, atheists. Every discussion with you ends with UMMM WELL SCIENTIST MAN TOLD ME YOU'RE WRONG SOOOO. Nonono, you tell me how I'm wrong.
>>
>>81852266
the bible is literally capeshit
>>
>>81852297
Is Jesus Marvel or DC? I can't wait for him to join the Guardians of the Galaxy
>>
>>81852266
>learned scholars in the Council of Rome reject books because they are false
>haha dumb Christians why don't you believe falsehoods?
>>
>>81852266
>'Mary dismounted from her beast, and sat down with the child Jesus in her bosom. And there were with Joseph three boys, and with Mary a girl, going on the journey along with them. And, lo, suddenly there came forth from the cave many dragons; and when the children saw them, they cried out in great terror. Then Jesus went down from the bosom of His mother, and stood on His feet before the dragons; and they adored Jesus, and thereafter retired.'
Gospel of Pseudo-Matthew 18

>Theists believe in dragons but not dinosaurs
>>
>>81852356
>slain dragons is too much
>but summoning 2 bears to kill 42 kids isn't
ok
>>
>>81852356
I would have loved to have been in that meeting- so yo guys I think we should cut the dragons but leave the whale eating Jonah cause that shit is tight
>>
>>81852272
You might need to go read it again as i was pretty clear where you went of track. I'll spell it out real clear for you.
When you suggest that the universe is trying to do something, when you imply the universe has agency or is maybe even conscious, that is unscientific. You have no evidence to support that supposition and that makes it an unscientific belief. Do you understand?
>>
>>81850837

>believing the universe is sentient
>current year

This better be bait.
>>
>>81852077
Neither is his. I'm paraphrasing his statement.
>>
>>81851002

Ricky has always been an attention whore, even when he was fat.
>>
>>81852272
> UMMM WELL SCIENTIST MAN TOLD ME YOU'RE WRONG SOOOO.
Said no atheist ever.
>>
>he thinks the universe is only 13 billion years old and will die off in a heat death which will make the universe from a swamp of floating subatomic particles at an infinitely long distance from each other.

>he also believes 95% of the universe is some unproven entity called "dark matter" and "dark energy"

>he believes this because it's heresy to go against the standard model set by physicists over 100 years ago.
>>
>>81852399
ultimate writers room desu

why even scribe?
>>
>>81852370
I wonder how a dragon expresses adoration? I would like to see that.
>>
>>81852399
>Old Testament
>Obvious allegory
>Moby Dick 170 years ago has an entire chapter explaining the allegorical meaning
It's funny how the atheists making the most simplistic and uninformed arguments are probably the most sure about the lack of a higher power.
>>
>>81852626
>heresy to go agains the standard model....

not at all, the moment a better theory comes along you better believe we'll follow it. It's called progress, something you probably aren't very familiar with
>>
>>81852122

No, I don't assume God has a gender, but when He is referenced it is normal to capitalise the pronoun into becoming a noun.
>>
>>81852701
Oh so the bible is only allegorical? Or only some of the comic book issues? When Jesus fed 5000 men besides women and children was that an allegory aswell? I missed the novelization of that one 170 years ago
>>
>>81852719
And yet the flat earth model was widely accepted before the master mason Pythagoras made his math and gave them all the tools to craft their own model (globe). doesnt mean it's progress when they cant even prove its round without falsifying data or images or using complicated math to explain the most easily observable proof that everything looks flat. how is it progress if you dont have a way of measuring the curvature? and i mean with an electronic or manual device not some math theory that works out with a pre determined model
>>
>>81852719
Sorry sweetie but I'm a Muslim trans body positive non gendered person who's had 14 late term abortions. I know about progress. I bet you voted for Blumpf.

Also yeah I know that right now theirs nothing better than the standard model, but saying it's right because "there's nothing better" is like saying democracy is the best form of government because "there's nothing better".

Democracy is shit, and so is our infantile 20th century understanding of physics.
>>
>>81852851
Mate, i read this like 5 times and i still can't figure out what your point is. Are you saying you think the earth IS flat?
>>
File: 1491625361636.gif (3MB, 426x426px) Image search: [Google]
1491625361636.gif
3MB, 426x426px
>>81852626

So what's the better theory?
>>
>>81849125
Gervais is such a try hard, edgy cunt. I'm an atheist too, but that picture's just embarrassing. Half the UK don't believe in God, it's hardly a radical or controversial opinion to hold.
>>
>>81852878
Sorry Honey but I'm a Jewish trans body negative non gendered person who's had 15 late term abortions. I know about progress. Just not contraception. I'm not American.

"what you're saying is this thing is the best because there's nothing better" - well yes actually, thats kind of how being best works.
>>
>>81849125
what a fucking faggot. anyone that actually supports this edgy fedora is a faggot as well.
>>
>>81849633
>Why are atheists so bent into trying to provoke anyone that is a Christian?
FTFY
>>
>>81853041
I bet the Mayans thought human sacrifice was the best system for guaranteeing good crop returns.

Hey, they also were pretty good at predicting celestial events too.
>>
>>81853067

>Why are Christians always knocking on my door trying to convert me, why are Christians always trying to force their religion into law, why don't they just fuck off and leave me alone?

ftfy
>>
>>81853083

>implying that people saying that something is the best are really saying that something is a definitive truth and will never be surpassed.

faget
>>
>>81853083
Hey the human sacrifices must've been doing something right- look at all the exceptional art, architecture, calander and fully-developed writing they managed to come up with.

If anything the human sacrifices to god highlights just how dumb religion has always been
>>
File: 1378015325334.png (241KB, 377x424px) Image search: [Google]
1378015325334.png
241KB, 377x424px
>>81852626
>a swamp of floating subatomic particles at an infinitely long distance from each other.

That ain't much of a swamp, pardner.
>>
>it's an atheist suicde bomber in the name of no god
>it's the atheist crusades
>it's an atheist shoots up offices of a satirical cartoon due to blasphemy
>the Irish troubles due to two groups of atheists arguing over which god exists less
whoah
>>
>>81849617
God isn't his name, retard
>>
>>81852701
How do you choose what's allegory and what's fact?
What if Jesus's miracles and resurrection were allegories?
>>
>>81852433
>when you imply the universe has agency or is maybe even conscious, that is unscientific
It is conscious. I don't know about you, but I'm conscious and last time I checked I was part of the universe. How retarded are you really? Which part of this do you not understand?

>You have no evidence to support that supposition
No, I don't. It's a theory, just like atheism is a theory. I look at the data and I connect the dots. Don't tell me it's not scientific, that's how periodic table was made. You look at the information you have, you find a pattern and you make a theory. After that you would try and prove your theory but we can't prove anything when we're talking about life, death and the meaning of it all. Neither me nor you can prove shit, we can only build theories and my theory seems more logical than yours.
>>
>>81850607
Remember anon all you have to do is believe in Jesus and have faith in God and you can be saved. An eternity of peace and salvation can be obtain if you just believe.
>>
>>81853280
Don't bother I called him out on it
>>81852779
and he disappeared into prayer for a divine answer
>>
>>81852509
It is sentient the same way a colony of ants is sentient.
>>
>>81851297
He stopped his meds and started hearing voices
>>
>>81849162
A vast majority of the smartest (scientists, engineer) people alive today are atheist so it probably stems from that
>>
>>81853213

If anything the human sacrifices to (communism) highlights just how dumb (atheism) has always been

;^)
>>
File: stephen.jpg (47KB, 680x400px) Image search: [Google]
stephen.jpg
47KB, 680x400px
>bone caner in children? What's that all about? How dare you create a world with such misery that is not our fault
>why should I respect a capricious, mean-minded stupid god who creates a world which is so full of injustice and pain?
>>
File: 1491029762091.png (2MB, 750x1334px) Image search: [Google]
1491029762091.png
2MB, 750x1334px
>>81853299
>An eternity of peace and salvation can be obtain if you just believe.

You mean I can still go on raping and murdering?

Cool! What a swell deal!
>>
>>81853381
A vast majority of the smartest (scientists, engineer) people alive today are nerds who always were alone and for those people atheism is the most obvious answer. They live alone and they expect to die alone. That's just the kind of people they are.
>>
>>81853462

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FWafxnt3Zv0

Absolute Christkino, Miles Peterson found god, why didn't those poor scientists? Did god not want them?
>>
>>81853449
Valhalla is for heros, not pussy faggots who were too afraid to kill. Also only nu-males care about rape.

*abloo bloo a guy stuck his penis in my organ that is meant to receive dick, but not when I wanted it!*
>>
File: A message.gif (2MB, 300x200px) Image search: [Google]
A message.gif
2MB, 300x200px
>>81853332

>bait

Called it.
>>
>>81853293
> Neither me nor you can prove shit
Exactly. That's why it's not scientific. You don't get to connect the dots in your mind, that's not evidence. You need to use evidence or it's not scientific. The periodic table was developed over decades and went through many iterations all of which were incomplete or flat out wrong. It wasn't until someone proposed the correct hypothesis and then used that hypothesis to predict other elements and their properties and then, and this is the important part, those elements WERE discovered and were found to be in agreement with the hypothesis that it became a scientific theory.
You are not applying the scientific method to your beliefs so you don't get to claim that they are rational, logical or scientific. You made it up and you like it. Fair enough but don't kid yourself, it's not even remotely scientific.
Oh and atheism isn't a theory. If i don't believe in something then it doesn't take any active action for me to do that. I don't have to theorise about why i don't believe, well any crazy thing. I mean you don't need a theory to explain why you don't believe in the tooth fairy do you?
>>
File: atheism-is-wonderful.jpg (35KB, 450x289px) Image search: [Google]
atheism-is-wonderful.jpg
35KB, 450x289px
average age ITT is probably 15
>>
>>81849125
Funniest thing about Gervais is that he doesn't realize how closely he resembles his best creation, David Brent.
>>
>>81853685
Does it make you feel better to imagine all atheists are the same emo 15 year old weeb when there are whole countries that are atheist?
>>
>>81853685
>"that will make you account for your deeds"

You mean just saying you are sorry and getting eternal life no matter what youve done?
As long as you truly believe and are truly remorseful?

kek
>>
>>81853685
It's true, as an atheist I often rape all my atheist mates, but it's ok because they steal all my stuff! Gosh darn it's fun being atheist

Fun that the picture references pedophilia given the fact that Catholic Priests love to molest little boys
>>
>>81853752
It's how I imagine atheists ITT and I imagine it's pretty accurate
>>
>>81853765
It's not wrong though - you can only get arrested and go to jail if you're religious. Everybody knows atheists get free passes
>>
>>81851529
Except dinosaurs did exist. They were called behemoths look at the book of Job. But the T.rex is a load of dung.
>>
>>81853800
You like to imagine don't you.
>>
>>81853850
Oh my god, first audible kek I've had all day
>>
>>81853816
>Everybody knows atheists get free passes

Atheists only make up 0.1% of the prison population so maybe there is something to it!
>>
>>81853449
Yes but remember you will be punished on this realm.
>>
>>81853944
Whats a mere 60-70 years?
We are talking about eternity here
>>
>>81853929
Seriously man it's great - just this morning I murdered, raped and pillaged the cops rocked up and I was like yo senpai it's all good, I don't believe in the big man in the sky so can't be held accountable.
He told me to have a good one and I went about with my day
>>
Serious question, does it upset Christians that in the eyes of the law Xenu is equally valid as god?
>>
>>81853624
>atheism isn't a theory. If i don't believe in something then it doesn't take any active action for me to do that
Nigger why do you keep pretending that atheism is just an activity of not believing in god? It's also a set of beliefs regarding death and the meaning of life. Beliefs that are based on nothing and have no science behind them. Yes, you do need a theory to explain why I enter the void after death. The void doesn't exist as far I know, prove it to me. All I know is this universe, I'm pretty sure there's nothing else, no heaven and no void. "Nothing" is an abstraction, SCIENCE knows that. Atheists are taking it literally and they're wrong.
>>
>>81854084
Religious freedom upsets them
They pretty much want a state religion and throw a hissy fit whenever other religions exercise their rights.
>>
>>81853929
Not surprising, atheism is the religion of the idle, lazy, unthinking people in society that never have to strive for anything. Just like all forms of degeneracy.

>Only the stuff you can see is real, don't worry about anything else and nothing really matters.

Atheism is basically an excuse for people who know they aren't living their lives right. As you can see ITT atheists hide behind a thick layer of snark to shield themselves for ever examining just how empty their lives are.

>>81854084
The Christians who founded this country wanted people to worship freely, unlike in most governments founded by atheists.
>>
>>81854116
god made black people and he is mad pissed that you use that word
>>
>>81853381
proofs?
>>
>>81854168
>atheists are degenerates
>It's the religious folk in prison getting sodomised up the wazoo
>>
>>81854173
It's okay, I'm the universe, so in a way I'm also black and I can use the word nigger
>>
>>81854246
you're confusing me for the bloke who thinks the universe is sentient
I don't believe that at all
That's almost as retarded as believing in god

its alright though senpai - anon and that easy mistake
>>
>>81854168

>The Christians and non-Christians who founded this country wanted people to worship freely or not worship at all according to their wants, unlike in most governments founded by religious people.

ftfy
>>
>>81854116
>Nigger why do you keep pretending that atheism is just an activity of not believing in god?

Because thats literally what it is

>It's also a set of beliefs regarding death and the meaning of life

A persons personal beliefs regarding death is influenced by whether they believe in a deity or not.
Unlike religious folk, atheism makes NO CLAIM on that stuff. Its up to the atheist himself to concoct whatever story he wants to believe.
It just so happens the popular thing is to believe in what modern science currently believes

You are fighting with science, not atheists. Not all atheists believe in the big bang.
The only difference is that Atheists arent going to shit on and browbeat other atheists about it
>>
>>81854237
>getting sodomised up the wazoo

Dont forget, doing the sodomizing themselves
>>
>>81849618
>You do need to do shit to have your own personal beliefs
That's exactly what I'm saying, that personal belief can be atheism too. What I'm pointing out is being something out of contrarianism is stupid, whether it's being an atheist or a religious person, and being a smug jerk about it is even worse.
>>
>>81854373
>I had no opinion all along
>so I was right!
Atheism, everyone. Not even once
>>
>>81849162
Exactly. The mental gymnastics I have to do in order to have faith, really keeps my brain in shape!
>>
>>81849125
Shitty bait thread is shitty

no one can be this retarded.
>>
>>81854447
>>81854447
>Some sheep fuckers wrote some nice stories about Jesus 2,000 years ago, give or take some stories about dragons and murdering small children, and I'm going to use these fairy tales as the basis of my entire life's faith
>Theism, everyone. Not even once
>>
>>81854484
>he's not an atheist, so he's a Christian!
Atheism, everyone. Twice now
>>
>>81854447
Im a different anon than who you were arguing with
But having no opinion is quite literally the definition of atheism
It is YOU who is trying to define it in a way in which you can attack it with your biases.

You know you cant compare the supernatural to the natural world, IE religion vs Science
So instead of acknowledging you have a problem with science, you try to pretend that Atheism is some all encompassing belief that you can attack.
>>
>>81854437

Why do you assume contrarianism is the cause?
>>
>>81849215
Hes always scretching about being an atheist on twitter, so my opinion is that its a bit of both.
>>
>>81854390
Nothing degenerate about that sir, it's those darn atheists out there who are able to have moral guidelines that don't exclude them from having consensual sex without having to believe in god who are the degenerates!
>>
>>81854484
Basis of math is still done on the Elements of Euclid, written 2300 years ago.
>>
>>81854512
Sorry, maybe the child molester Mohammed? or the Hindu elephant man? All far better choices of course
>>
>>81849299
B-but you sound like a 90's born queer...
>>
>>81854477

>implying bait threads are good for something

Do you even vent?
>>
>>81851448
>Scientists aren't the smug ones saying they know everything.
>hes never heard of richard dawkins

you fucking pleb kek.
>>
>>81854526
>having no opinion is quite literally the definition of atheism
That's quite literally the definition of agnosticism, not atheism. You goddamn retard.
>>
>>81852097
not an argument.
>>
>>81854484
You have absolutely no understanding of spirituality.
>>
>>81854551
>basis of math which has been proven time and time again to be correct is still used
my goodness say it isn't so, I should get cracking on a better sequel
>>
>>81854551
Funny how science works huh?
Keep the proper stuff and throw away the bunk stuff?

>somehow when the same people using stuff written 2300 math throws out your other ideas, its wrong
>>
>>81854551

>this old thing is true therefore my old thing is also true

faget
>>
>>81854614
It's not the 60s anymore you hippy, get a job
>>
File: Screenshot_142.png (936KB, 644x644px) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot_142.png
936KB, 644x644px
>>81854528
>>
>>81854526
>You know you cant compare the supernatural to the natural world, IE religion vs Science
There's nothing supernatural about god. Is luck supernatural? It's a force you can't control and can't define, but it's a force that controls you. Luck pretty much is god. Nothing supernatural about it.
>>
>>81854590
The term "agnostic" has nothing to do with a belief of lack of belief in god
And it hasnt for a century now.

People try to muddy up definitions as much as possible, so people have made it very clear and concise for you.

Agnostic refers to the claim of "knowing" if a belief is real or not
>>
>>81849125
So /tv/ just likes taking bait now huh
>>
>>81853929
>Atheists only make up 0.1% of the prison population so maybe there is something to it!

huh?
>>
File: afraidofthedark5.png (198KB, 423x342px) Image search: [Google]
afraidofthedark5.png
198KB, 423x342px
>>81854719
>There's nothing supernatural about god
>>
>>81854747
W-what? If you don't believe in god, you're atheist. If you believe you don't know if you should or shouldn't believe in god, you're agnostic. Pretty simple.
>>
>>81854590
Please, refrain from muddying the waters with your stupidity.

Agnosticism isn't a middle-man/mutually-exclusive and it has nothing to do with belief.

If you're irreligious -- or "having no opinion" -- you're an Agnostic Atheist.

Stop being so frightened to own your Atheism that you hide behind Agnosticism to avoid scowls.
>>
>>81854767
It's almost as if people like having anonymous arguments or something!
>>
So why don't they go after Islam
>>
>>81854635
>I'll use age of a document to insult a thing I don't like
>oh fuck, somebody used the same type of argument to show how much of a faggot I am! Engage maximum damage control!
>>
>>81854849
Nigger, you wrote that "having no opinion is quite literally the definition of atheism". It quite literally isn't, so please go fuck yourself. You agnostic people are pointless waste of space. I don't even want to argue with you. You don't have an opinion, what's the point of talking to you? Go away, you piece of shit. You don't want answers, you just want to be right and to feel good about being right. Because I guess mommy didn't love you enough.
>>
>>81854880
A 2000 year old document that has been proven to be correct ever since it was written is not the same as a 2000 year old book of stories about a zombie man - the only proof that it is correct being OH LORD JESUS I HAVE MY FAITH
>>
>>81854850
OP is obviously bait dude
>>
>>81854859
Because Islam is misunderstood. Ugh, have you even read the Quran? Also Christians think Jesus rode dragons and the Earth is flat :^)
>>
>>81854975
Of course it's bait, and everyone here took it because they wanted to have anonymous discussion about religion.
>>
>>81854747
>The term "agnostic" has nothing to do with a belief of lack of belief in god
>And it hasnt for a century now.
>hes literally spouting bullshit now

top kek
>>
>>81854828
Agnosticism had some claims within it
It was simplified into agnostic, and gnostic and tacked onto the base of theist vs atheist. This happened over a century ago

>>81854934
> It quite literally isn't, so please go fuck yourself.

Sure, you are right I didnt make myself crystal clear
Being an agnostic atheist IS though, since you want to get overly technical.
Its the DEFAULT position, so the vast majority of atheists are "agnostic atheists". Sorry I didnt get overly technical on you
>>
>>81855007
>proud of being ignorant
>still using antiquated terms that arent clear or concise, yet rejecting more modern ones that are
>>
>>81855009
>Atheist
>A meaning without
>Theos meaning god

>Agnostic
>A meaning without
>gnosis meaning to know
>To doubt the existence of a supreme being

I liked your picture though
>>
File: Cx_uRU0UAAATzXQ.jpg (68KB, 800x800px) Image search: [Google]
Cx_uRU0UAAATzXQ.jpg
68KB, 800x800px
>>81849162
Atheism is the fast SHRINKING religion don't worry my friend, we will see the end of the fedora in our lifetime
>>
>>81855102
>we have issues on defining things
>things get better defined, and are adopted across the board

Now we sit here and have an anon rejecting them so that he can attack people more easily.
You dont want understanding, you want a fight.
You want to project things onto others to have a better attack surface.
Do you not see the issue with this?
>>
>>81855172
>I don't like the literal definition of words

that's a shame anon
>>
>>81855153
>atheism is the fastest GROWING sect in first world countries
>religious folks having to rely on 3rd world countries overpopulating to survive.

lol
>>
>>81855202
>doesnt understand figurative vs literal meanings and how they change over time

Good job
>>
File: 1390822801030.jpg (30KB, 768x719px) Image search: [Google]
1390822801030.jpg
30KB, 768x719px
>atheists actually believe the world just popped into existence one day complete with physical laws
>>
>>81854588
He never said that though.
>>
>>81854719
Luck doesn't exist. Chance exists.
You may feel lucky but in reality you've just been a victim of chance.
>>
>>81855244
Thats sounds as crazy as an omnipotent being just popping into existence to create a world
>>
>Atheists are oppressed
>The president is an atheist
>>
>>81855242
I know you theists have to depend on the figurative a lot, I'm sorry that the literal upsets you
>>
>>81855244
Most of them secretly believe in the computer simulation theory because it would be epic
>>
File: bcbffff.jpg (36KB, 499x499px) Image search: [Google]
bcbffff.jpg
36KB, 499x499px
>>81855244
>atheists unironically believe the atoms just assembled themselves into dinosaurs and then humans
>>
>>81855286
>>Atheists are oppressed

The only people crying about being oppressed are Christians who claim there is a "war" waging against them.
>>
>>81855286
>racism doesn't exist
>the last president was black
>>
File: brain.jpg (98KB, 496x707px) Image search: [Google]
brain.jpg
98KB, 496x707px
>>
>>81854849
Not that guy but technically as an atheist i have to admit that I'm really agnostic. Because i cant disprove god i cant say with absolute certainty that God doesn't exist. However i feel that the weight of evidence against god's existence is so great that I'm willing to say with some certainty that God does not exist. Technically I'm agnostic but in reality I'm an atheist so the water can be pretty muddy when you get right down to it.
>>
>>81855046
>using old terms which are perfectly fine makes you ignorant

your fedora tipping is out of control. also not an argument.
>>
>>81855278
>an omnipotent being just popping into existence to create a world

citation needed.
>>
>>81855278
The omnipotent being is outside our scope. We can only make statements about our universe and the fact is that our universe needs a creator.
>>
>>81855366
im interested, what is the "evidence against"?
>>
>2000 years ago a man heard some voices in his head
>He is a prophet! PRAISE BE!
>I hear voices in my head
>I'm on a shit load of pills
it's not fair anons, I was born too late to a world that doesn't care.
>>
Yo check this out guys, 2000 years all this wicked crazy magic and shit happened and god did all this cool stuff and jesus came back from the dead man shit was tight, unfortunately since then he stopped returning my calls and we just have bone cancer in children instead
>>
>>81855400

the bible
>>
>>81855208
It's not growing in first world countries
>>
>>81855425
>We can only make statements about our universe and
>the fact is that our universe needs a creator.

I dont get it, how matter of factly does the universe need a creator?
If an omnipotent being is out of your scope, so why isnt the beginning of the universe?
>>
>>81855476
>the bible is the authority on God

well congrats on being a retard anon.
>>
>>81855511
The article the retard posted last time he said it clearly said that it WAS in fact growing in first world countries. It was just the 3rd world countries with state religions were outpacing them in child production
>>
File: 1491737168495.jpg (43KB, 850x400px) Image search: [Google]
1491737168495.jpg
43KB, 850x400px
>>81849162
>>
>>81855534
>gods infallible word is not an authority on god

So why would you listen to anything in the bible?
>>
>>81855607
you wouldn't
>>
File: thefatinthehat.gif (50KB, 300x400px) Image search: [Google]
thefatinthehat.gif
50KB, 300x400px
>be an atheist
>believe that the Universe had no created even though everything IN the Universe has
>believe that once everything was in a tiny point for no reason, and then exploded for no reason, and all elements came to be for no reason, and then random laws of physics that were not designed by anyone just randomly happened to be perfectly calibrated to create planets, stars, galaxies, and sentient life
>consider myself a capable intellectual
>>
>>81855429
not the same guy, but just about anything.
why do small kids die? what is god's plan behind that? why are there wars, famine etc.? why does god not intervene when innocent people get killed for no reason?
god being able to stop this and not doing anything is actually worse than no god.
>>
>>81855607
>the bible is Gods infallible word
>so why are you not listening to the bible

my goodness i really hope you dont argue for a living, your circular logic argument is fucking awful kek.
>>
>>81855644
>be a theist
>have to invoke reddit because I unironically believe that the world is only a couple of thousand years old, god created the world in the dark, snakes used to be able to talk and two of every animal made it to Noah's totally chill boat even.
>consider myself a capable intellectual
>>
>>81855644
...................................................kek...............................................................
>>
>>81855644
>read the first couple of pages of the bible
>already contradicting itself there
>dumb ass Christians don't even do that and those who do are so delusional that they think this means something deeper
>>
>>81855660
Thats not proof tho.
if you are to follow a thesis argument, it would be
>everyone who dies goes back to god
>wars and famine are man made, what has that to do with god
>when innocent people die they are taken out of the game, as it were
>assuming God is all powerful

I remember coming across a guy at uni who argued he believed that God was fallible and made mistakes and to him that explained why the world was like it was. either way tho its not proof.
>>
>>81855644
The weirdest thing I just realized by reading this.
People actually think that our small planet is the center of the universe
Making sweeping generalizations about "needing a creator because everything in the universe was created"
Except that we only know of the creator for things on earth, and our satellites which make up almost nothing in the overall scheme of the universe.

We have no way of knowing what may or may not have "created" 99.9999% of everything else.
Thats poor logic
>>
>>81855716
>be thesis
>be this triggered on a chinese tapestry board

top kek
>>
>>81855816
proving a negative is stupid anyway and who cares? first prove that god exists. prove that you aren't a criminal who stole 5 bucks from me. go ahead.
>>
>>81855425
>the fact is that our universe needs a creator.

Explain this to me
>>
File: 1485291822591.jpg (34KB, 655x527px) Image search: [Google]
1485291822591.jpg
34KB, 655x527px
>>81855843
>be thesis
>>
>>81855816
I like the idea of a fallible god, just some neet cloud man just like gosh darn it I fucked up again, there goes another kiddy with bone cancer!
>>
>>81849162
Been a year since you've sucked on cock then eh
>>
>>81855819
>assumes no other religions talk about aliens and whatnot
>blames human centric thinking for God

no son, thats poor logic.
>>
>>81855844
>he doesnt have an argument so just sperges and shows hes triggered

top kek.
>>
>>81855915
prove god exists, how is that sperging out? nice arguments, pinhead
>>
>>81855873
I hope you like the idea of a vengeful god, because its reality
>>
>>81855873
first, why a cloud man? second, the problem with these arguments is that human attributes are applies and taken away at the same time.

If we are talking about a being that created us but is not human, its difficult to apply such things, and unfair to then expect such creation to do things we expect because of our own human morality.
>>
>>81855950
>trying to "prove" the supernatural

Havent you ever heard of faith?
>>
>>81853425
>be Stephen Fry
>reject God
>injustice and pain still exist
>snort cocaine out of a little boys arsehole
>hurrrr isn't hedonism wonderful
>>
>>81855988
> human morality.

Doesnt morality come from the bible?
IE gods word?
>>
>>81855950
>how is that sperging out?
>>81855844
>proving a negative is stupid anyway and who cares?
>prove that you aren't a criminal who stole 5 bucks
>pinhead
strawmen after i have given answers that you have not refuted. also ad hominens just further show how triggered you are.
>>
>>81855992
name something supernatural
and also
>already moving the goal posts and evading
lmao
>>
>>81856024
May i ask are you american?
>>
>>81856048
you didn't refute jack shit, prove that god exists, you delusional triggered lil' faggot.
>>
>>81849125
That picture is cringekino
>>
>>81856078
I refuted the points you made, your response is a lot of buzzwords and you someone seem to believe this is somehow an argument. It was not my intention to trigger you, but if i had a fedora i would tip it just for you.
>>
>>81856074
Yes Im american, and I hear that Atheists literally cant be moral and that "human morality" is just a way of systematically sinning against the infallible word of god.
Without the bible, you have no morals

Does this idea not apply in other countries?
>>
>>81856022
>Be Catholic priest
>Love the shit out of the big fella
>injustice and pain still exist
>Molest and destroy the lives of little choir boys
>Hurr isn't god's love wonderful
>>
>>81856078
>you didn't refute jack shit, prove that god exists, you delusional triggered lil' faggot.

The fucking irony jej.
>>
>>81856078
>prove that a transcendental being beyond the scope of human understanding exists
>>
>>81856146
No, it doesnt apply to other countries, and it also explains your narrow view (and i sincerely mean that in a non-offensive way) i am familiar with this argument as both sides make it.
>>
>>81856146
>you have to believe in god to know that murdering people isn't a very good thing to do
>>
>>81856078
>IM NOT MAD, YOUR MAD!!!!!
>FUCKING RRRRREEEEEEEEEE
>>
>>81856156
>people do bad things
>it's God's fault

There's a reason why so many atheists are also far left liberals, it's because they can't into the concept of accountability.
>>
>>81856232
Actually this is a contentious argument that many atheists make, although i dont agree i understand why he thinks this.
>>
>>81855958
why does he have to be so mad? there are what, 7.5 billion people on this planet, why does he care that I had sex before I got married
>>
>>81856243
No it's not gods fault, because god doesnt exist.
What does exist is this hilarious notion that all atheists are degenerates and without morals whilst devout catholics are fucking little boys
>>
>>81856243
Kek this, i have seen an atheist group try to change law that would mean its legal for adults to have sex with kids as young as 8. so wierd, there are morons on both sides of the divide.
>>
>>81856243
>they can't into the concept of accountability.

How can a christian even say that? What sort of accountability is there when you can pray your sins away?
>>
>>81856331
>strawman argument.

No one is arguing this, stop being a triggered cuck.
>>
>>81856339
Sounds like something a muslim group would do
>>
>>81856374
>>81856146
>without the bible you have no morals
>>81854168
>hurr durr all forms of degneracy
>>81856022
>Hurr durr atheists are hedonists who do cocaine out of bumholes
>>
>>81856472
sound like something men would do.
>>
>>81856358
>What sort of accountability is there when you can pray your sins away?

Biblically repentance is not just feeling bad about what you did, it's turning away from sin and heading in a new direction, specifically through trusting in God to strengthen you and help you resist temptations. A Christian who thinks they can just "pray their sins away" shows a lack of repentance and will be held accountable for their actions just like anyone else.
>>
>>81856509
>>without the bible you have no morals

i never argued this. again another idiot who cant be bothered to read because hes "too enlightened by his own intelligence". but hey, stay mad.
>>
>>81856575
>strawman argument no one is arguing this
>shown proof of people arguing this
>N-no I'm not arguing this, y-you're so stupid
but hey stay retarded
>>
>>81856641
you quoted me and i wasnt arguing that. believe it or not there are more than 3 people in this thread

also the irony of calling someone else retarded, top kek.
>>
>>81856704
I know there are more than 3 people in this thread- notice how I also quoted them arguing the point you claim people don't argue? or did you selectively ignore that like you selectively ignore the fact your faith is built on nothing but stories about a magical zombie man
>>
>>81856763
The other person you quoted was me, and I didnt argue it either
I was making an implication about standard protestant views on "human morality"
>>
>>81856763
The other guy you are sperging over is also an atheist. he was talking about how the american christians argue their faith.

do you selectively ignore that like you selectively ignore everything else so you have an excuse to get triggered so you can have a stab at theists? like man i pity you, how pathetic top kek.
>>
>>81856788
Exactly. Like I said this moron has his fedora on too tight kek.
>>
File: 1480723904410.jpg (2KB, 125x122px) Image search: [Google]
1480723904410.jpg
2KB, 125x122px
>>81856763
>I know there are more than 3 people in this thread- notice how I also quoted them arguing the point you claim people don't argue? or did you selectively ignore that like you selectively ignore the fact your faith is built on nothing but stories about a magical zombie man
>>
>>81855988
>human morality.
Is there some other kind of morality, you wretched woman?
>>
File: 4u.jpg (34KB, 360x153px) Image search: [Google]
4u.jpg
34KB, 360x153px
>>81857183
>Is there some other kind of morality, you wretched woman?
>hes so buttmad

had you bothered to read the actual ideas me and the american anon were arguing we were talking about human morality compared to what people think gods morality may be.

but please, keep grasping at straws and stay mad, its funny, you wretched cuck.

pic related, 4u ^_^
>>
>>81849125
he's epic, simply epic.
>>
>>81855692

>the bible is Gods infallible word
>so why are you not listening to the bible

Not the same Anon, but that is the exact opposite of what he said.
>>
>>81857534
>responding to this very old post

hmmm....
Thread posts: 342
Thread images: 25

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.