[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Room 237

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 34
Thread images: 9

HHAHAHAHHAHAHAHHAHAHHZHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAH

HAHAHAHHHAHHAHHHAHAHAHAHAHAH

AAHAHAHHHHHAHAHHAHAHAHZHASDLAJSJDASKHJFADUQWIXNSHGDQYIWHDJNKSJHUDAIASDLAHAAHHHAHAH

How is this real? Is this a joke? A bunch of looney conspiracy theorists seeing subliminal messages in everything done incredibly poorly!
What the fuck.
At one point, an interviewee goes - while he's talking - "oh, can you hear my that? thats my boy over there ima, ima go see if i can calm him down" then he fucking leaves the room, while theres a few seconds of silence on the screen and he comes back and continues talking.

Nearly every person talkin builds up a collection of still frames to prove some point in some theory but just kind of ends it at that as the film goes on to the next interview.

What a reaking pile of shit with a fucking 80 at Metacritic!?!????

Seriously couldn't force myself further than 20 minutes in.

Absolutely horrible. It's fucking hilarious if it's a mockumentary satire over crazy conspiracy theorist basement dwellers.
>>
It's pretty bad, yeah.
>>
File: 1489534929497.png (617KB, 546x536px) Image search: [Google]
1489534929497.png
617KB, 546x536px
>94% on rotten tomatos

WHAT

WHYY
>>
File: flanders.png (78KB, 300x231px) Image search: [Google]
flanders.png
78KB, 300x231px
This thing is like the Tim and Eric sketch about the universe.

The way peoples sentences just kind of end with no conclusion is fucking funny.

Its comedy gold if you can accept it as a joke.
>>
I hated this movie because it was two hours of delayed narration and I hate the American accent and had to put up with those motherfuckers and their horrible voices and nothing else.
>>
>>81848674
most people are dumb, you as well.
This is not a movie about some sort of real conspiracy or hidden meaning in the Shining in the eye of the makers of the documentary, but it's about the people that go around and over analyze stuff, this movie in this case.
>>
I liked watching this. It wasnt so much about the theories themselves but to point out that these loonies exist and really believe what they are saying
>>
>>81848674
Watch 2001, second Shining and then EWS and finally Room 237.

2001: Space Odyssey
The Shining
Eyes Wide Shut
Room 237

From night to midnight, for a scary and spooky watching
>>
You people are fucking retarded, jesus christ.
>>
File: DannyAPOLLO11a.jpg (28KB, 320x240px) Image search: [Google]
DannyAPOLLO11a.jpg
28KB, 320x240px
I still wonder about the Kubrick fake landing footage conspiracy. He does pay alot of attention to detail and decided Danny to wear a bespoke Apollo 11 sweater
>>
There is no goddamn moon landing subliminal message, fuck this documentary is dumb.

The shining is about a haunted hotel, nothing more
>>
File: 1455838094044.jpg (4MB, 3648x2432px) Image search: [Google]
1455838094044.jpg
4MB, 3648x2432px
Nothing to see here, goy. Please move along.
>>
>>81848674
yeah this was cringey as fuck.
>>
>>81849499
>>81849643
This. It wasn't trying to validate the crazy theories, it was about how these people can become totally obsessed and insane about a fucking movie.
>>81850122
You completely missed the point of the film.
>>
File: Ya blew it..jpg (9KB, 278x282px) Image search: [Google]
Ya blew it..jpg
9KB, 278x282px
>>81848674
>>81850122
>>81850222
Holy shit you people are fucking stupid. The movie wasn't about proving the insane conspiracy theories, it was about how crazy those people are how much energy they put into that stupid shit. They're supposed to look pathetic.
You guys should stick to watching movies about grown men flying around in spandex and blowing things up.
>>
>>81848674
it's pure shit. most of those theories were stolen and butchered from a website written by some guy, he had some really neat analysis of the symbols used throughout the film. he drew a map of the hotel to show how it was presented like a maze to disorienting the viewer. none of the hallways or rooms connect properly. really cool stuff. can't find it hopefully someone knows what I'm talking about.
>>
>>81850507
That guy was one of the guys who talks.
>>
File: check.jpg (63KB, 720x480px) Image search: [Google]
check.jpg
63KB, 720x480px
>>81850168
Do you accept checks?
>>
>>81850507
Rob Alger.
http://www.collativelearning.com/the%20shining.html
>>
>>81850563
really? was he a dipshit?
>>81850594
heckin good stuff
>>
>>81848674
>didn't watch it
>thinks reviews matter
>can't form an argument to dispute what he doesn't like
>ad hom
Reddit.
>>
>>81848674
The point is it's a documentary about crazy people more than the actual theories themselves
>>
File: calumet-in-the-shining_0.png (523KB, 647x433px) Image search: [Google]
calumet-in-the-shining_0.png
523KB, 647x433px
>DUDE MOON LANDING WAS FAKE LMAO
>DUDE GERMAN TYPEWRITER MEANS ITS ABOUT THE HOLOHOAX LMAO
>DUDE MINOTAUR LMAO
>>
>>81848674
The genocide stuff makes a lot of sense but everything else is somewhere on the crazy scale.
>>
File: IMG_1153.jpg (204KB, 1447x1521px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_1153.jpg
204KB, 1447x1521px
>>81852055
Like 2001, the shining and EWS are connected? Kubrickverse? Fake moonlanding? Child molesting? Illuminati?
>>
>>81850594
Even if you want to hate on Rob Ager for reading too deeply into things, he was at least smart enough to reject appearing in this documentary. What a pile of shit it ended up being.
>>
>>81848674
>Is this a joke?
Partly, yes.
>>
>>81853757
And I forgot to add A Clockwork Oragne.
>>
>>81850507
>he drew a map of the hotel to show how it was presented like a maze to disorienting the viewer. none of the hallways or rooms connect properly
Did he ever stop to think that maybe the set designers just weren't overly concerned with the logistics of how everything connects?
>>
>>81850591
https://youtu.be/P1ULjJ3EqyY
>>
>>81854653
Didnt somoene on here debunk this?
>>
It's not a documentary.
It's a horror film.
>>
>>81854239
It's called continuity, and yes, it's their job to be concerned with that.
>>
>>81848778
yeah I really dont get the rave reviews on this, and I love the shining. listening to old crazy people rant about nonsense got old really fast
Thread posts: 34
Thread images: 9

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.