[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Will this ever be surpassed?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 28
Thread images: 1

File: The Dark Knight - Posters.jpg (382KB, 1125x1800px) Image search: [Google]
The Dark Knight - Posters.jpg
382KB, 1125x1800px
>>
I don't understand why everyone's always on Ledgers dick. He did a great job as The Joker, but I don't think I can name 3 other movies where he did equally well.
>>
It was never the best
>>
>>81839204

Because he was still young and coming into his own. He was pretty good in Brokeback mountain before this
>>
>>81839204
No one is saying he's the best actor ever, he was only 29 when he died, he just started maturing as an actor.
>>
>>81839624

He was alright, but not as legendary as people made him out to be. I don't know, maybe I'm just tired of hearing people claim that they miss him so much (despite most people not being able to mention 3 of his movies at all). He proved in the Dark Knight that he was a rising star, and it sucks that we'll never see how high he could have risen but this isn't the death of the messiah we're talking about here.
>>
>>81839204
why does that even matter if when you're talking about the dark knight? you said it yourself - he did great as the joker
>>
>>81839804

Because that's what these threads are. Heath Ledger jerk-offs. Have you read the thread? No one cares about the actual movie.
>>
i STILL can't see a single shred of Heath Ledger in the joker.
He was The Joker, no matter how cheesy it sounds.
>>
>>81839858
That's really the only thing special about him, but it doesn't necessarily make him the best. Sure, you honestly can't tell that's Heath Ledger but the same goes for Dustin Hoffman in Hook.
>>
>>81839898
Who said he's the best actor ever?
Only you are implying that idea constantly in this thread. I just said his performance in TDK was unrecognizable, not the best fucking performance of all time.
>>
>>81839938
What the fuck are you talking about?
>>
>>81840022
>but it doesn't necessarily make him the best

Who said he's the best?
>>
>>81839101
It already has been.

It never surpassed 1988 Batman. The far superior movie.

And Nicholson was a superior Joker, the iconic Joker that every Joker since heavily borrows from.

The Nolan movie and Ledger were great. Just not the best.

If any man dies in their prime, particularly an artist of some sort, they will always be remembered as 1000X greater than they ever were. This is why Ledger's Joker is remembered as legendary when it was merely great.

Nicholson still stole the show. And Hamill steals the show in animated depictions.... Ledger is actually 3rd best Joker.

Fight me, fuckers.
>>
>>81840072
You sort of implied it. You said you can't see Heath Ledger in him, like that's significant somehow.
>>
>>81840107
You're not wrong. I'd love to see how everyone would feel about TDK if he was still alive today.
>>
>>81840109
It's a significant factor of a good performance, you're pretending like that's normal in every actors role.
If I say for example a certain film is exceptionally well-executed, am I implying it's the best film ever made?

Seems to me that you had a recent argument with some other autist who overpraised Ledger like the best actor in cinema history so you're still in that discussion in your head.
>>
In terms of capeshit? Not any time soon.
>>
>>81839101
Depends on how we're breaking it down... as a superhero movie or Batman flick?

Either way it has been surpassed. I'd argue that Watchman, V for Vendetta, and Guardians of the Galaxy are better super hero films.

And even in Batman alone I like the 1988 one best. Though Dark Knight is almost as good, just a different flavor.

TDK is very good.... but I've never been one to give movies/music bonus points for the early demise of an artist.
>>
It's not my favourite super hero movie or even my favourite Batman movie. I like Batman 89 more, I like Batman Returns more and quite frankly, I like Batman v Superman more.

Heath Ledgers performance is what's holding up the movie and it's an amazing performance but the actual writing, throughout the whole trilogy, is pretty spotty.
>>
Hamil > Nicholson = Romero > Ledger > John Dimaggio = Leto > Batman Brave and the Bold's joker >>>>>>>>>> The Batman's Joker
>>
>>81840107
Hamill > Ledger > Nicholson

If Burton wasn't a fucking hack with his scripts, I might agree.
>>
>>81840107
Is this supposed to be a joke? Nicholsons joker is laughably shitty, mostly simply due to how miscast it is
>>
>>81839204
Two hands
Broke back mountain
10 things I hate about you
A knights tale
>>
>>81840107
Nicholson was just playing his normal crazy uncle guy like in many other movies but now with a joker makeup
>>
>>81840131
ah the ol "tdk only got popular because ledger died" argument. I bet nirvana wasn't a popular band before Kurt Cobain an heroed either.
>>
>>81840294
>I'd argue that Watchman, V for Vendetta, and Guardians of the Galaxy are better super hero films.

This is a special type of shit taste
>>
>>81839101
You have shit taste if your praise this.
Thread posts: 28
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.