[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

The Void

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 1

File: the-void-poster04.jpg (17KB, 320x320px) Image search: [Google]
the-void-poster04.jpg
17KB, 320x320px
So just got done watching this movie. Mostly it was meh but the practical effects for the monsters were top notch.

What are some other movies with these kinds of effects?

Gonna try to binge watch some good ones.
>>
Demon Knight
>>
>>81838517
I was looking forward to this movie but it seems like a lot of reviews say the filmmakers paid more attention to the effects than they did the plot. Sort of a bummer.
>>
In the Mouth of Madness
The Fly
>>
A Nightmare on Elm Street: The Dream Master
>>
>>81838963
Bs. The plot is great
Reviewers complain because the movie doesn't hold your hand through the whole story you only know what the characters know but that's what makes it great
>>
>>81838517
>Gonna try
kill yourself faggot
>>
>>81838517
>>81838963
I heard that The Void was mainly a demo reel for the visual effects guys. Like how Neill Blomkamp made that Halo demo reel ages ago. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6yp5jN6kRO0 You get a feel for his visual style, and if you like it as a studio executive then you give him the greenlight and let him be in charge of some project you've been sitting on, or you let the guy do his own thing.

I would love a larger budget horror film from the guys who made The Void.
>>
>>81839905
>the movie doesn't hold your hand through the whole story

the story couldnt be more basic , is this a legit complaint? its hellraiser with some bits borrowed from various other horrors.
>>
>>81838517
Been looking forward to this since the trailer dropped. Didn't even get a cinema release in the UK as far as I'm aware.

Decent torrents up yet?
>>
>>81841015
tons. check rarbg. it's also free on amazon prime
>>
I saw this the other day. I dunno, it didn't really grab me the way I thought it was going to. Don't get me wrong, it wasn't bad or anything, but I honestly can't see myself watching it again. Cool fucking visuals though.
>>
Watch all 5 of the Tremors movies in time for 6 when it comes out later this year.

Critters.
The Mist?
>>
Was kinda disappointing. I haven't watched horror films in a while, so maybe this one is for horror fans. The plot was alright and some of the imagery was good, but the characters were poorly written, like terribly
>>
Oh yeah I watched this a few days ago and forgot to come here to blog about it.

I liked it. It was weird. Wish we saw more than we did.
>>
>>81838517
The Thing if you haven't seen it
>>
This movie is basically Prince of Darkness replacing religious/inner city visual themes with medical/backwoods ones. Some scenes are almost identical.

Ad that's a very good thing
Thread posts: 17
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.