[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Do you like Almost Famous?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 39
Thread images: 9

File: almost famous girls.jpg (44KB, 500x400px) Image search: [Google]
almost famous girls.jpg
44KB, 500x400px
Do you like Almost Famous?
>>
>>81832995
I almost like it.
>>
>>81832995
It's a very bittersweet movie for me. It's hilarious in places, but the feels it gives you are intense. Like in this scene where the girls are all laughing and giggling about taking his virginity, but then the next day you see him sitting in the hallway crying.

Mona Lisas & Mad Hatters destroys me.
>>
Yup
>>
File: brainforce.png (336KB, 642x478px) Image search: [Google]
brainforce.png
336KB, 642x478px
>>81833153
>>
>>81832995

yes, one of the most holy shit moments I ever had was when I realized Mark Kozelek is in that film
>>
File: mitch hedberg in almost famous.jpg (15KB, 320x240px) Image search: [Google]
mitch hedberg in almost famous.jpg
15KB, 320x240px
>>81833256
So was Mitch Hedberg.
>>
Definitely one of my favorites.
>>
>>81833312

HOLY SHIT
>>
LOVE Billy Cruddup too. He is such a good actor.
>>
>>81833386
And Mark Maron, Rainn Wilson, Jimmy Fallon and Paulie Perette.
>>
i certainly did
>>
>>81832995
best thing cameron crowe will ever do
>>
>>81833386
I'm not even sure why he was in the movie. He doesn't have any lines. I wonder if he knew Cameron Crowe or something. Probably called him up, "Hey, Mitch, you like drugs, wanna play The Eagles road manager?"

He had a bit on this scene. I found it here, but with anime clips for no reason.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FEM2H5n47Lw
>>
File: marc maron almost famous.gif (926KB, 320x222px) Image search: [Google]
marc maron almost famous.gif
926KB, 320x222px
>>81833570
Oh, I had no idea this was him. I forgot Rainn Wilson was in it too.
>>
>>81832995
>>81833178
BOO HOO I JUST LOST MY VIRGINITY AT 15 WITH 3 ROCK AND ROLL QTS. FEEL SORRY FOR ME
>>
>>81833613
Same reason he was in Season 1 of That 70s Show, he just looked like a rock & roll stoner guy.
>>
File: william and penny almost famous.jpg (38KB, 920x613px) Image search: [Google]
william and penny almost famous.jpg
38KB, 920x613px
>>81833668
I think he realized that the only girl he loves is Penny, and all the sex with all the floozies in the world can't fill the void in him.
>>
>>81833714
I understand that was the point but one-itis is dumb and he should have just enjoyed having young, casual sex with qts.
>>
>>81832995
It's my favorite movie of all time. Not joking. It's one I will always come back to, and I saw it when it was in theaters.

>hold me close up, Tony Danza!!
>>
File: jimmy fallon almost famous.jpg (129KB, 640x358px) Image search: [Google]
jimmy fallon almost famous.jpg
129KB, 640x358px
>>81833570
Jimmy Fallon is the only guy I don't like in this movie. I can buy Jason Lee as a 70's rock star, I can buy Billy Crudup as a rock star. Philip Seymour Hoffman IS Lester Bangs. But Fallon, all I can see is Jimmy Fallon in a wig. I see Kate Hudson and the kid and I see the characters, but every time Jimmy Fallon comes on the screen I'm reminded it's just a movie. He does a good Mick Jagger impression though. I wonder if that's what landed him the gig.
>>
>>81833256

He's also in Vanilla Sky
>>
>>81833780
>he should have just enjoyed having young, casual sex with qts.
Not all people are raised that way, though. When I'm in love with someone, I won't even look at other women. I know what I want and who I want to be with, and to fuck around with alternatives to my first choice is like cheating in my mind. The main character only wanted Penny. Everything else was background noise.
>>
>>81833801
>I saw it when it was in theaters.
Then you're a good man. The movie bombed, it didn't even make its budget back.
>>
>>81833927
>The movie bombed, it didn't even make its budget back.
Really? That surprises me, a little. I actually watched it twice in theaters. The first time, I had a date with me, and she kept on making comments throughout the movie; "oh, I KNEW that was going to happen", tee hee hee. I went back the next week on my own so I could enjoy it.
>>
>>81834039
>the first time, I had a date with me

Goddamn how old are you?
>>
>>81834039
This strikes me as the perfect movie to take a girl to. A great teenager movie as well. It probably would have been rated PG-13 if they hadn't put in that one second clip of Kate Hudson's breast.
>>
>>81834065
Almost 40.
>>
Exceeding my expectations when I first saw it. I like it more as I get older.
>>
>>81833920
hey look an anon with a soul
>>
This is a great scene.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X-1MuA4aa6E
>>
File: goldengod.jpg (52KB, 960x540px) Image search: [Google]
goldengod.jpg
52KB, 960x540px
I AM A GOLDEN GOD
>>
Everytime I watch this movie I get warm fuzzy sensation when the guitarist goes to see the kid at the end. special movie
>>
>>81834448
When I saw it, I was sad that William never called Penny again.
>>
>>81834448
>>81834508
What makes this movie so great is that it perfectly balances love and heartbreak. The best art almost always brings forth joy or sadness, and the pinnacle is when you can simultaneously evoke both emotions through art.
>>
>>81834626
I guess so. This movie is really great in that regard. Watching it made me sad I didn't have anyone to share it with, but it is a very enjoyable movie.
>>
>>81832995
>Reddit's essential movies
>>
>>81835180
how would you know unless you browse and post there, yourself?
>>
>>81832995
Yeah. I haven't sat down and watched it in probably fifteen years but it was a good movie.
Thread posts: 39
Thread images: 9

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.