[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Harry Potter Best to Worst

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 5

File: IMG_6986.jpg (75KB, 944x600px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_6986.jpg
75KB, 944x600px
Best: 1 & 2 (Happy Hogwarts with warm and creepy atmosphere; nice plottwist and adventurous)

Great: 3 (Great atmosphere and interesting story, even though the last part was filler)

Good: 4 (Different kind of setting but still retained the atmosphere of the previous films and actually felt like a sequel)

Decent: 6 (Great atmosphere and side-story but overall a fanfiction shipping fest where everyone gets forced into non-sensical relationships)

Bad: 5 (Whole film was one empty filler)

Worst: 7 & 8: Felt like watching a fantasy WWII Twilight blockbuster film. Didn't recognize a thing of the earlier Harry Potter films. Let's start using these wands as machine guns and use lame phrases from the books to enrich these films (for example: That's my girlfriend! and Not my daughter you bitch!) Just awful
>>
I feel my legs tingling again. Time to stretch them.
>>
copypasta in 3, 2, 1
>>
>>81821124
They all suck though
>>
You mean worst to worst since it's THE dullest franchise in the history of movie franchises right? Seriously each episode following the boy wizard and his pals from Hogwarts Academy as they fight assorted villains has been indistinguishable from the others. Aside from the gloomy imagery, the series’ only consistency has been its lack of excitement and ineffective use of special effects, all to make magic unmagical, to make action seem inert.

Perhaps the die was cast when Rowling vetoed the idea of Spielberg directing the series; she made sure the series would never be mistaken for a work of art that meant anything to anybody?just ridiculously profitable cross-promotion for her books. The Harry Potter series might be anti-Christian (or not), but it’s certainly the anti-James Bond series in its refusal of wonder, beauty and excitement. No one wants to face that fact. Now, thankfully, they no longer have to.

>a-at least the books were good though
"No!"
The writing is dreadful; the book was terrible. As I read, I noticed that every time a character went for a walk, the author wrote instead that the character "stretched his legs."

I began marking on the back of an envelope every time that phrase was repeated. I stopped only after I had marked the envelope several dozen times. I was incredulous. Rowling's mind is so governed by cliches and dead metaphors that she has no other style of writing. Later I read a lavish, loving review of Harry Potter by the same Stephen King. He wrote something to the effect of, "If these kids are reading Harry Potter at 11 or 12, then when they get older they will go on to read Stephen King." And he was quite right. He was not being ironic. When you read "Harry Potter" you are, in fact, trained to read Stephen King.
>>
1 and 2 were definitely the best Harry Potter movies. Cuaron fags need not apply.

Twilight is genuinely fucking great compared to Harry Pooper though
>>
File: Flying_to_Grimmauld_Place-0.png (997KB, 926x713px) Image search: [Google]
Flying_to_Grimmauld_Place-0.png
997KB, 926x713px
I feel Order of the Phoenix is underrated
>>
>>81822014
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qYCuN6rU4A0
kino?
>>
File: AlicePitch1.gif (2MB, 300x213px) Image search: [Google]
AlicePitch1.gif
2MB, 300x213px
>>81822199

why can't it be real
why can't they be my family
>>
>>81821520
>posting the wrong pic
Well done, shitposter, HOWEVER...

who's the bottom left?
>>
>>81822269

i need answers
>>
>>81821124
Your list is fucking awful.
>>
File: GettyImages-506601832.jpg (37KB, 800x533px) Image search: [Google]
GettyImages-506601832.jpg
37KB, 800x533px
>>81822616
>who's the bottom left?
That's Penn Jillette friendo.

He lost a lot of weight.
Thread posts: 13
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.