[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Who was in the wrong here?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 2

File: mad men - peggy vs joey.jpg (68KB, 895x450px) Image search: [Google]
mad men - peggy vs joey.jpg
68KB, 895x450px
>>
>>81818502
The white male.
>>
>>81818502
The viewer for supporting the show after season 4
>>
>>81818502
Peggy tried to be a man / in charge. She had no experience doing it and overcompensated to not appear weak. She wasn't really in the wrong but went to far. Joey should have just let it go, it wasn't worth losing your job over.
>>
>>81818638
I think you're right besides going too far. This dude didn't have respect for any authority and was harassing women in the work place
>>
>>81819058
I can't remember exactly how it went down but didn't she call him out in front of the rest of the creative department? The best way to handle a guy like Joey who just wanted to get a little attention is handle it between just the two of them. Also handling it - even if that mean firing - in private, would have helped Peggy appear more in control instead of reactionary.
>>
>>81819330

She didn't fire him publicly though, she just called him into her office to tell him to apologize (when she could've easily fired him for disrespecting a superior right then and there) and then fired him when he refused to.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b28GqQfm49U
>>
>>81818502

joey. notice though how the show didn;t make it too black or white, or at the very least show through writing and his performance that he didn't think what he did was a big deal, and it wasn't the worst thing ever, but he was a fool for doing it and arrogant for thinking he shouldn't apologize for it.
>>
>>81819463
Watching it again, she did handle it the best way she probably could have. Joey was a bitch about it. He could have just apologized.
>>
>>81818621
this happened in season 4
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hIwpTt6JdhQ

Was Joan right to be mad at Peggy?
>>
>>81818502
Joey was objectively in the wrong, but he was just the catalyst for the conflict between Peggy and Joan.

>>81821128

It's not really about who was in the right, it's about conflicting perspectives. Joan's more cynical and accustomed to using guile and manipulation to achieve a goal because that was how women got ahead in her world. Peggy is younger, more idealistic and is trying to run with boys so she deals with things more directly. They both wanted to get rid of Joey, bit their methods are weird to each other.

That was the big dynamic between Joan and Peggy, the old game vs. the new game.
Thread posts: 12
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.