[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Gone Baby Gone

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 1

File: gone-baby-gone-508e277c7d571.jpg (299KB, 1000x562px) Image search: [Google]
gone-baby-gone-508e277c7d571.jpg
299KB, 1000x562px
This movie is just down right bad. It feels exceptionally sloppy, by the numbers and doesn't respect the viewer or itself. There's all these flashbacks that explain the plot for the movie and even shows scenes that had literally been shown on screen moments before. I thought Amy Ryan was absolutely excellent. I know his drug dealer friend was just a plot device but I found him pretty compelling so it was disappointing that he just straight up disappeared. Also, Morgan Freeman is wooden as fuck. The film expects me to think that the moral dilemma at the end is one but it's fucking not. Why did they make this movie when Mystic River is just better in all ways?
>>
>>81817054
It isn't "down right bad", but it's unbelievably average.
Casey was the only above mediocre factor in the whole movie. The character of his wife was literally useless, she was just there the whole runtime.
And mystic river is just a bit above average, but not that much.

Both are exceptionally forgettable films.
>>
>>81817054
I liked it. Affleck, Ryan, and Harris killed it in this. Also it's just a good detective story.
>>
>>81817210
That seems like semantics but I concede to "unbelievably average."

I didn't consult RT before watching it but I was just floored looking it had a 94% after watching it. Were people just trying to be positive because of the financial crisis?
>>
>>81817546
It's an absolutely shit detective story. Lazy film-making throughout the entire thing. Narration to open and mid-way through because it's difficult to actually explain things through showing instead of telling.
>>
>>81817054
The high praise of this film proves once again that Americans are shit at detective flicks. Leave it to the British
>>
I consider it a pretty forgettable film seeing as I watched it years ago and barely remember anything about it. I wasn't impressed by it.
>>
Probably because it's the middle of the franchise
>>
>>81817656
Fuck off with your nationalism and please just hate this film own its own merits or lackthereof. Both countries make fantastic detective films.
>>
>>81817614
>narration automatically makes something bad
Sure thing, reddit.
>>
>>81818127
In reality, only Scorsese can get away with it.
>>
I love this movie for mixing Hollywood actors with the local white trash and hoping they wouldn't stick out like sore thumbs
>>
>>81818127
narration used at the beginning and the middle is bad. if you're going to use it, make it a consistent thing or at least use it effectively.

One of my favorite movies was The Hateful Eight but it leans really fucking hard on the narration at the midway point and that always pissed me off.
>>
>>81818127
>he said, while dorito dust fell from his lips
>>
>>81818908
I thought the middle narration was fine. A montage of Affleck and co "getting back to normal" would've been dumb, and a "6 months later" would've been too lean.

Also Hateful 8's narration sucked because it was pretty much just Tarantino popping up to say "I THINK I DID A REALLY REALLY GOOD JOB ON THIS CLIMAX IM SETTING UP, SO PAY ATTENTION, FUCKERS!"
>>
>>81819289
totally agree, my man. I saw the Overture and Intermission edition so walking in on the second half after the first half is pure kino to begin with unprecedented narration blew dick.
Thread posts: 16
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.