[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Rogue One vs. The Force Awakens Go

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 282
Thread images: 37

File: download-1.jpg (131KB, 980x490px) Image search: [Google]
download-1.jpg
131KB, 980x490px
Rogue One vs. The Force Awakens

Go
>>
>>81807053
Both disney bullshit the prequels are better than both
>>
Boooring
>>
I had a better time with Rogue One but that was only because I knew from the get-go I was about to delve into an average plot wrapped in social commentary while TFA took me by surprise in how far it went
>>
>>81807101
this
>>
>>81807101
Fpbp
>>
I thought R1 was slightly bearable than TFA(though that's not really saying much). Must be because we were all fresh off the atrocius tfa that it seems decent in comparison.
>>
They're both shitty fan films where theres an epic easter egg refference or cameo or token phrase every 5 minutes to remind you "hey! this is star wars! cheer!"

That said, the battle over scariff was pretty entertaining so RO edges out.
>>
>>81807053
TFA was more fun which is really all that matters in a children's movie
>>
I wanted to fuck Jyn more than Rey though I feel that sex with Rey would be more fun, even without using the Force.
>>
>>81807053
I wasn't a huge fan of either but I preferred Rogue One to TFA.

Music in TFA was obviously better, and some of the cinematography was actually pretty cool too.
I know that it's boring to give the same complaint that everyone else has been parroting for two years but I honestly found it hard to not just see TFA as a soft remake of ANH.
Rogue One was yet another prequel in the same vein as Episodes 1-3, just more MCU in tone. It wasn't great, but at least it was something that felt like it belonged to the original Star Wars canon. It wasn't a new story bereft of Lucas' input, it definitively ended so as not to milk further stories with those same characters, and with the exception of Vader's nonsense James Bond one-liner, it felt like it understood the universe a lot better than TFA.

Really can't stress enough though how much I preferred the music in TFA. Giacchino did well with Lost and Star Trek and then I haven't ever heard him do anything good since.
>>
Neither has aged well
>>
I liked Rogue One significantly more, but I don't hate The Force Awakens.
>>
>new star wars comes out
>everyone hates it
>excited for the next one

when will this shit end?
>>
>>81807053
TFA by a long shot, but both films weren't that good. R1 had a bunch of expendable characters who don't invoke any sort of emotion from me, and the acting was absolute shit.
>>
>10/10
1. Star Wars (Lucas, 1977)
>9/10
2. The Empire Strikes Back (Kershner, 1980)
>8/10
3. Return of the Jedi (Marquand, 1983)
>7/10
4. Rogue One: A Star Wars Story (Edwards, 2016)
5. Star Wars: The Force Awakens (Abrams, 2015)
>6/10
6. Star Wars: Episode III - Revenge of the Sith (Lucas, 2005)
>5/10
7. Star Wars: Episode I - The Phantom Menace (Lucas, 1999)
>4/10
8. Star Wars: Episode II - Attack of the Clones (Lucas, 2002)

Haven't seen:
Star Wars: The Clone Wars (Filoni, 2008)
>>
One was made to emulate the feeling of the original. The other was made to emulate the appearance of the original.
>>
>>81807367
>TFA
>anything above a 3

>SW1
>a full 10

>ROTS
>Anything lower than an 8

Shit rank.
>>
File: 1456497549169.jpg (166KB, 1024x682px) Image search: [Google]
1456497549169.jpg
166KB, 1024x682px
>>81807053
Both are bad in their own right.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jm5czvOeeig

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GWqTj-LuXCs
>>
>>81807101
fpbp
I can at least RESPECT the prequels for trying to be good and not just another cash-in.
>>
>TFA wins

>better acting
>better writing
>better cinematography
>better pacing
>better editing
>better action
>better characters
>better villains
>better score
>better visuals
>movie is actually less nostalgia baiting than R1
>fewer plot holes (how did those guys from Mos Eisley escape Jedha? Why did Darth Vader turn off his life support system to scare the rebels? Why did Forest Whittaker insist on dying? How can Jyn kill so many Stormtroopers with a stick? How come we never see the Death Troopers again? Why did Krennic and Tarkin fight endlessly over who should take credit for the Death Star?)
>less boring
>more mystery
>poe dameron
>focuses more on being a better story as opposed to trying to be dark and edgy

Rogue one is passable at worst, but The Force Awakens blows it out of the water
>>
>>81807053
The shit I just took
>>
Boring original content (well, as original as can be) vs Rehashed disneyfied matine

I'm gonna have to go with TFA. It played it safe and it felt like a Star Wars movie, mostly because it was a Star Wars movie we'd already seen, but still.
>>
Empire Strikes Back > Star Wars > Return of the Jedi > The Force Awakens > Revenge of the Sith > Rogue One >>>>>>>>>> The Christmas Special > Attack of the Clones = The Phantom Menace > actually watching The Christmas Special
>>
>>81807693
This is bait, right?
>>
I like Donnie in R1 and that's about it.
>>
>>81807988
>TFA
>anywhere higher than lll

Craptier list.
>>
SW >= ROTJ > ESB > lll >>TPM >>>>Attack of Clones >>>>>> R1 >>>>>Christmas special >>>>>>>>>dogshit >>>>>>>>>>7
>>
>>81808024
Let's be blunt. Anything after Jedi is not really worth watching, but Force is a better film than Revenge, simply because it's a rehash of a good film. Revenge is going to age much better though.
>>
>>81807321
>everyone hates it
No
>>
>>81808002
Nope, I'm saying it as it is, if you're talking about what objectively makes a good movie, Rogue One ain't shit compared to TFA
>>
>>81807053
>I AM ONE WITH REDDIT AND REDDIT IS ONE WITH ME
>DONT CHOKE WITH YOUR POP CULTURE REFERENCES

vs

>IM A STRONK WOMYN WITH AYYLMAO FACE
>IM A SWEATY NIGGER
>I DONT KNOW WHY IM HERE BUT THANKS GOD THEY KILLED ME

No thanks
>>
>>81807693
Remove the plothole section

Thats youtube/reddit tier criticism and makes you feel retarded, not smart for noticing something present in literally every movie.
>>
>>81808625
They also aren't plot-holes.
>>
File: 12313.jpg (87KB, 1024x1510px) Image search: [Google]
12313.jpg
87KB, 1024x1510px
>>81807526
>proceeds to post his youtube channel
>>
>>81807053
overrated crap vs overated shit
>>
>>81808662
If they are logical inconsistencies and parts of the story which don't work, then they are plot holes. If there is no way from those people from Mos Eisley Cantina to get the fuck off Jedha, that's a plot hole. If there's no reason for Darth Vader to turn off his life support system to scare the rebels at the end, seeing as that would nearly kill him, then that's also a plot hole.
>>
>>81809165
You hear Vader breathing in the hallway scene before the saber ignites, I thought.
I seem to remember that pretty clearly.
>>
>>81808625
If all of those are things that The Force Awakens does better than Rogue One, then that's that. You have to be severely autistic to dismiss an opinion as being "reddit tier", unless you're baiting hard
>>
>>81809200
The reason why the only light that comes on is the lightsaber, and also why you only hear Vader breathing a second before he turns his saber on is because he turned off his life support system. At the end of the scene, you can see smaller lights around his waist, which show his life support system back on.
>>
>>81809283
Is there any kind of citation for this or is just your interpretation of the scene?
>>
>>81809437
Check Star Wars wiki on Darth Vader's armour, plus, in some point in the recent Vader comics run somebody managed to deactivate his life support system for a short amount of time
>>
File: image.jpg (67KB, 800x430px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
67KB, 800x430px
TFA
>shitty Mary Sue protagonist
>shits all over established lore
>pure ripoff of A New Hope
>underutilizing the real characters (Luke, Leia, Han) in favour of Disney's shitty inserts
>zero world building, relies enirely on Lucas' work

Rogue One
>forgettable but not bad characters aside from blind force faggot
>respects and builds on the established lore
>original storyline

Rogue One isn't great but it absolutely dunks all over TFA every hour of every day
>>
>>81807053
AIDS vs. Hepatitis C

Go
>>
>>81807053

Why Rogue One is better short :

>Female lead character is actually fuckable
>Looks also actually like a female
>The asian dude is actually another "race", but still humanoid
>No stupid bad casted nignog
>The only nignog important for the movie is an actual display of nignogs
- non-loyal, insane, criminal etc.
>NigNog dies and not get rescued by miracle
*marvel.. cough, cough*
>all in all a good movie with a good ending, which is finally AN END
>>
>>81807662
Kill yourself, you cannot think beyond what the shittiest board on the internet tells you. The world would be a much better place without you shitting it up.
>>
>>81809799
Dubs speak truth
>>
>>81809917

Did you just assume his nationality? This isn't /pol/. How can you know he's indian??? Dont be rude!
>>
when is rogue one going to be on Starz?
>>
I'm always going to tell myself 7 is better because I really wanted it to be good, but RO is objectively better both from a SW standpoint and a cinematic one
>>
>>81809915
Fuck off /pol/
>>
>>81809799
>implying jyn isn't a mary sue
>implying the hot-headed and incredibly naive young girl who panics easily is a mary sue
>citation needed
>why the fuck would you want to watch a movie about old fucks who can hardly act talk about mystical space shit
>how is it a rip off of a new hope? Structurally, they are largely the same, young girl from a desert gets picked up and meets han solo, they meet the rebels and fight a death star. Add in the major and minor details like Kanjiklub, death of Han Solo, Kylo Ren's character, the smaller interactions between charactrrs and the movies are largely different.

As for R1

>k2-so is neat, so is baze and chirrut, I'll give you that, but the characters suck so bad that they make the adventure worthless
>how does it build on established lore? It doesn't add anything new besides force monks and Vader's fishtank and lava castle
>it's derivative of so many ww2 men-on-a-mission movies like Guns of Navarone
>>
>>81809966
Dubs speak truth
>>
>>81809995

Im not coming from /pol/ you stupid nigger, I just hate niggers. Im not political at all, Im just plain racist.
>>
>>81807693
>Better cinematography
There wasn't a single memorable shot in TFA, whereas there are multiple images in rogue one I can remember vividly
>>
>>81807053

THE FORCE AWAKENS WAS LIKE A FOURTH STAR TREK INSTALLMENT

>grabs admiral pinecones
>>
>>81807053
r u kidding me? TFA is absolute dog shit
>>
>>81810084
>star destroyer shot on Jakku
>death of han solo
>the entire final duel between Rey and Kylo Ren was shot amazingly
>>
>>81810001
>it's derivative of so many ww2 men-on-a-mission movies like Guns of Navarone
>Implying Star Wars itself wasn't derived from numerous, similar sources
>Imply George himself didn't admit to taking inspiration from 7 Samurai
>Implying the empire aesthetic wasn't taking almost entirely from Nazi Germany, right down to reusing the term stormtroopers
>implying this is a bad thing

Fuck, at least it took inspiration from something outside its own universe
>>
>>81807053
Rogue One was way better. I admit that the protagonists of TFA are more likeable, but it was probably on purpose since RO is a was a stand alone and everybody died
>>
>>81807053
I liked both.
>>
>>81807053
Rogue one was leagues better than that stupid shit. No competition at all.
>>
>>81807367

1. Star Wars (Lucas, 1977)
>9/10
2. The Empire Strikes Back (Kershner, 1980)
>10/10
3. Return of the Jedi (Marquand, 1983)
>9/10

4. Rogue One: A Star Wars Story (Edwards, 2016)
3/10
5. Star Wars: The Force Awakens (Abrams, 2015)
6/10

6. Star Wars: Episode III - Revenge of the Sith (Lucas, 2005)
>8/10
7. Star Wars: Episode I - The Phantom Menace (Lucas, 1999)
>8/10
8. Star Wars: Episode II - Attack of the Clones (Lucas, 2002)
7/10

9. Ewoks: Caravan of Courage
7.5/10
>>
>>81810028
>Im not political at all, Im just plain racist.
that's a perfect description of /pol/
>>
>>81810163
>star destroyer shot on Jakku
Ripped from a new hope, even then a pretty basic shot. Nothing extravagant
>death of Han Solo
Pretty basic death to be honest, not to mention it was almost entirely green screened
>the entire final duel between Rey and Kylo Ren was shot amazingly
Pretty basic shakey cam action scene, could've been done by literally any competent director
Now for R1
>Jyn and Mexican man's death
>The whole third act action scene had an almost unmatched scale as well as a great Vietnam aesthetic
>The Death Star destroying Jeddah
>That opening scene
>The fucking hanger place blowing up when based Mads died
>Everything at the Rebel base
>The Darth Vader scene
>The space battle
I haven't seen the movie since theatres and I could still describe to you these scenes and what makes them shot well. The only good bit cinematography wise in TFA was the tie fighters in front of the sun
>>
>>81810189
When George takes inspiration from other movies like Seven Samurai or real-world history, he did that in an interesting and original way. Rogue One is essentially Guns of Navarone in space, with a shitty Star Wars prequel sprinkled in.
>>
I think both movies had different strenghts

if your ideea of star wars was some boring ass story about a hero geting a cool sword and having a fairy tale adventure you like TFA

if the best moments of star wars was the space opera stuff and the science fiction battles, then rogue one definitely shits into TFA's mouth

overall, I'm a fan of war movies and I clearly saw rogue one to be a war movie set in the universe of TFA, and I think all detractions against it are made by the manbabbies who actually give a shit about any of the characters in TFA

if you honestly care about any of the events in TFA, a literal third rehash of the plot device of the original star wars movie, I dont know what to tell you, I just can't understand how you can relate to any of it or find the Xwing cgi good at all, whereas you at least got proper space opera scenes in TFA, where you can tell what the fuck is happening and its not just a side show for the real showdown

my point is people pretending TFA was deep were hypocrites, everyone knew exactly what would happen to the third deathstar, we just wanted to see some cool lightsaber battle, literally nobody gives a fuck about the universe, lets stop pretending we do

rogue one had better action so its my pick
>>
>>81807053
Both are shit.
>>
>>81810383
>when rey picks up luke's lightsaber
>the opening scene in that village
>finn in the desert
>interior shot of finn and poe in the tie fighter
>kylo ren in the forest on maz kanata's planet
>knights of ren in the rain
>poe getting tortured

Rogue One was shot and edited like shit, with that whole scene where Jyn kills stormtroopers with a stick being testament to everything wrong with Rogue One.
>>
>>81807053
I would say Rogue One is the best. I just love the scene when Jyn Erso comes to the ship after the rebellion turned her down and the Rogue One force volunteer. From this point on its starwars finest moments until the end of the movie :D.

Not saying the "Force Awakens" sequel could be even better, it really could.
>>
>>81807693
>how did those guys from Mos Eisley escape Jedha?
Maybe they were already on their way out? Who the fuck knows or cares?
>Why did Forest Whittaker insist on dying?
Dude can barely walk and he knew they needed to leave quickly.
>How can Jyn kill so many Stormtroopers with a stick?
The same way Ewoks can kill stormtroopers by hitting them lightly with rocks.
>How come we never see the Death Troopers again?
They were an elite variant of storm trooper. There weren't that many of them and they all died on Scarif.
>Why did Krennic and Tarkin fight endlessly over who should take credit for the Death Star?
It wasn't who should take credit, it was who should command it. Pay more attention next time.
>>
https://youtu.be/e1j7zc31CcY
>>
Jyn Erso, the name is so Dark Forces I/II (which i played a lot, Kyle Katarn), the looks and action of the movie is so starwars "dark forces" also.
>>
File: wmWvyFP.png (945KB, 1095x584px) Image search: [Google]
wmWvyFP.png
945KB, 1095x584px
>>81810001
>how does it build on established lore?
- Jedha
- the first inclusion of Kyber crystals in a Star Wars movie.
- explains why the Death Star had such an incompetent and glaring weakness.
- explains how Tarkin came to be under command of the Death Star
- shows the morally ambiguous side of the Rebellion.

off the top of my head. it's been a while.
>>
One is a Marvel film. The other is a Lucasfilm fan film.

The latter is exponentially better if we're forced to make a decision for the future of Star Wars.

Either way, you should be sad by the way your favorite franchise has turned out.
>>
TFA is objectively the best Star Wars movie ever made. Its one failing point however it that it didn't fulfill the expectation of a subgroup of the core fanbase, a group that can in laymans terms be described as dickless permavirgin aspies. These individuals got a certain expectation from the film marketing which created for them an excitement and hope to live through the Kylo Ren character as a surrogate for their fantasy world of being a badass. This expectation however was shattered in a humiliating reversal wherein a character that is best summarized as a wittle gurl, bitch slapped the shit out of this Kylo Ren character who also turned out to himself be a unflattering reminder of the personality traits of said aspies in his childish unhinged emotional outbursts.
>>
>>81807101
this

although I enjoyed RO a little bit
>>
>>81811349
Whatever makes you sleep at night, mickey.
>>
>>81811349
I'm still confused about what she actually cuts here desu
>>
I watched Rogue One yesterday for the first time, I didn't bother when it came out because I thought it would be shit. It was actually good, one of the major flaws with it was that the characters weren't developed much. And it felt like a Star Wars movie much MUCH more than TFA, the music, the setpieces, the costumes, they even had throwbacks to the old movies like that scene on Yavin IV where the rebel trooper is on the stand looking at the ships.

TFA was mediocre as shit but Rogue One was a good Star Wars film
>>
>>81807053

Rogue One

Because of the cameo of kyle katarn and jyn ors
>>
>>81811477
The Star Wars movie literally taking place and about events in the week before A New Hope begins feels more like the original movies than one taking place decades after.

Go figure.
>>
>>81811471
>>
>>81807367
>Haven't seen:
>Star Wars: The Clone Wars (Filoni, 2008)
Not as good as the rest of the series.
>>
>>81810383

God damn i just got chills remembering all those Rogue One scenes

People who liked TFA are either underage or just disney shills
>>
>>81811545
These movies are just fanwank anyway. I never felt like TFA was very Star Warsy when watching it.
>>
TFA is an actual Star Wars movie with actual characters and actual plot whereas RO was fun but just pew pew pew filler.
>>
>>81807053
I thought it was funny how weak single reactor shots from the Death Star in Rogue One felt more powerful and terrifying than the Star Killer Base obliterating multiple planets simultaneously in TFA.

Rogue One was better. The characters in both movies suck.
>>
>>81812014
The shot of the Death Star looming on the Scariff Base horizon is one of my favorites in the whole series.
>>
>>81812014
>felt more powerful and terrifying than the Star Killer Base obliterating multiple planets
Not much of a brain buster. When the death star destruction scene are shown from a individual person's perspective, on the planet getting rekt, thats gonna "feel" more powerful to the person watching the movie than shots of star killer out from far away.
>>
>>81812125
The Star Killer Base shows a shot from the surface of one of the planets as it's being destroyed.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-HmWDdmTAE8

Still isn't scary.
>>
>>81812125
It wasn't just that scene though. The Star Killer feels like an afterthought. Throughout Rogue One you know the Death Star is always looming, but in TFA the characters are too busy quipping to allow any suspense.
>>
>>81807101
>prequels
>better than anything
Try not to choke on that contrarianism, /tv/
>>
>>81807053
The Force Awakens is a good flick.

Rogue One is a poor film.
>>
>>81807053
As a whole, I enjoyed TFA more than R1, barring the whole shot-for-shot remake of A New Hope issue.

If the first hour of R1 had the same explosiveness as the last 30 minutes, I probably would have liked R1 more.

The biggest problem with Star Wars at the moment is simply the characters. For the most part, they're extremely bland and uninteresting.
>>
>>81812204
Well it is an afterthought. Its supposed to be I think. Its clear its hardly central to the movie as big and bad and its supposed to be since they destroy it by the end and isn't even ready until that first and only time they use it. Also from what I understood, its not even like the death star, it was a limited use weapon, when it drained the sun it drew power from, it was basically out of batteries and they'd have to make a new one on a new planet with a new sun which was the point of making such a multi kill shot weapon to begin with, its point seemed to be to blow your whole load in one wad. Which I think it kinda the symbolic point, The First Order is like a angsty wannabe version of the Empire, blowing their load in grand displays instead of strategic and long term semen dispersal.
>>
>>81812412
It could move around to leech off a new star iirc
>>
File: Centrist.png (191KB, 510x402px) Image search: [Google]
Centrist.png
191KB, 510x402px
>>81811298
>shows the morally ambiguous side of the Rebellion.
I disagree with you on this part. Regardless of Mexican Chad's assassination of that spy in the beginning, it's difficult to paint the rebellion in a bad light when they're up against an Imperium that wants to blow up entire planets. Especially considering they showed that there are other rebellion groups with more "extreme" methods.
>>
Rogue One - 7/10
The Force Awakens - 8/10
>>
>>81807101
/thread
>>
File: 1491513859604.webm (3MB, 720x1280px) Image search: [Google]
1491513859604.webm
3MB, 720x1280px
>>81807101
I agree. To me TFA and R1 were both 0/10. I dont care anymore. I won't even pirate the rest, just like I never bothered watching 2nd and 3rd hobbit movie after the atomic shitshow that was Hobbit 1.
>>
>>81812490
>other rebellion groups with more "extreme" methods.
that's clearly what he meant by moral ambiguity of the rebellion.
>>
>>
>>
>>
File: 4Es2G.gif (1MB, 450x187px) Image search: [Google]
4Es2G.gif
1MB, 450x187px
>>81812599
Why is it so damn slow but at the same time fast enough to travel the galaxy
>>
>>81807367
>VI and VII above III
Fuck outta here
>>
>>81812740
Because it's a dramatic scene in a movie.
>>
>>81812560
That's clearly not what he wrote though. I doubt if it's even questionable that Saw Gererra's group was an extremist organization. Gererra was obviously paranoid but his only intention was to end the Empire, not to instate an even worse military government. Plus it's shown that he abandoned Jyn to prevent tactics such as ransom so he has limits.
>>
>>81807101
both shit but rogue one was slightly better, was marginally less of a flick than that abomination TFA

>>81807101
agreed
but id put prequels before OT
>>
>>81812636
>haha the first order are just wannabes like kylo XD
>literally kill billions, trillions of people
>>
>>81807101
Fpbp
>>
>>81812740
I really wish they shot this scene with the lasers charging up from Krennic's perspective.
>>
>>81807321
>excited for the next one
no
>>
>>81812809
>Murdering billions and trillions of people from the outskirts of the galaxy is the same thing as being an unquestionable authority that actively keeps the Galaxy under its boot, maintaining as close to complete control of Imperial space as humanly possible
Come again?
Do you think North Korea is also on the level of the Persian Empire?
>>
>>81812911
if north korea wiped out south korea overnight, they'd instantly become fairly important.
>>
>>81813080
Fairly important? Sure.
But wiping shit out is not the same as conquering and holding it.
The Empire held power, it was a proper Empire.
The First Order are glorified terrorists.
>>
>>81807321
>new star wars comes out
>everyone hates it

Leave 4chan once in a while. This place is filled with literal retards
>>
>>81812911
>Murdering billions and trillions of people from the outskirts of the galaxy
>the outskirts of the galaxy
They destroyed the Republic you fucking dunce.
>>
>>81807101
Fuck off, pleb.
>>
>>81813439
What part of the word "from" do you not comprehend?
Starkiller Base was on the outskirts of the Galaxy.
Also they destroyed the equivalent of Washington DC.

Also do you seriously not comprehend the difference between breaking shit and governing?
>>
File: le reddit.png (30KB, 296x406px) Image search: [Google]
le reddit.png
30KB, 296x406px
>>81807240
>fun
>>
>>81807240
Kids loved Rogue One, though.
>>
>>81813611
Sounds like a pretty solid act of war to me.
>>
>>81807053
TFA
Rouge 1 has bad editing, bad pacing, too much fanservice and too many characters.
>>
>>81807053
>Rogue One: "Fuck white people: the movie"

>Farts Awaken: Soul-less remake of the original trilogy.

I think I'll choose neither.
>>
File: 1445564980386.png (61KB, 138x170px) Image search: [Google]
1445564980386.png
61KB, 138x170px
>>81807101
>when the first post is also the best post
>>
>>81807053
TFA was solid and played it safe

Rogue One was more unique but distinctly flawed.

It's pretty hilarious to see people on this board pretend to think the prequels are actually good so that they can hate on the new thing. Like, they can't -actually- think that, can they? It must be the same dude just posting again and again.
>>
File: rosh.jpg (38KB, 260x369px) Image search: [Google]
rosh.jpg
38KB, 260x369px
>>81814967
>reddit spacing
>reddit opinion
>reddit wording
Go back m'lad
>>
>>81815011
What the fuck is "Reddit Spacing"
>>
>>81807101
Exactly. Well said.
>>
>>81815052
On Reddit, you need to press enter twice to start a new line.

A gap between lines like the one above this signifies a certain subconscious typing habit.
Not him though, and the entire fucking point of an Anonymous image board is that you can be anyone, so I don't mind.
>>
My best friend is adament that TFA is trash and Rogue One was the best Star Wars since Empire.

Tell me why he's wrong.
>>
>>81815203
That sounds dumb. What happens if you just press enter once?
>>
>>81815323
Nothing, it just keeps going on the same line
>>
>>81815323
I think it just doesn't do anything, or creates a space.
I've never paid much attention to it, and I mostly just use it to check on news in certain topics, so I don't write much.
>>
>>81815227
He's not wrong. I support that opinion 100%.
>>
>>81807053

TFA is garbage. Nothing but retarded plot-holes and horrible characters.

Rogue One is a solid war movie.

The difference in quality between them is night an day.
Or rather on a scale from 1 - 10 at least 3 points.
>>
>>81815227
He's right TFA is trash but Rogue One is the second worse in the franchise. Even Episode II is better.
RO has:
>no character development
>too many characters (along with no development this makes their deaths feel empty)
>pacing is too fast
>too many quips
>CGI Tarkin and Leia are distracting and remind the viewer they are watching a movie
>>
What level of plebbery do you have to reach to prefer filler fanservice shit that is Rogue One to an actual sequel film that is TFA?
>>
>>81815584
sup Mickey
>>
>>81807053
Rogue one because it was actually ok
>>
>>81812636
I can imagine some guy fapping in front of his console to some alien porn without even noticing there's a giant energy beam coming to obliterate the planet
>>
Both are fucking retarded. TFA is A New Hope repackaged, and R1 is on Suicide Squad levels of shit.
>>
>>81815582
All of that shit applies to TFA other than 'too many characters' and Tarkin/Leia.

Rogue One did have character development, it just wasn't very interesting or fleshed out. I thought the pacing was fine, and in fact much better than TFA.
>>
>>81815582
what's with this recent meme about Episode 1 and 2 being better than Rogue One?

You people can't honestly be that retarded, can you?
>>
Both are pure shit and I have zero respect for anyone who liked either of them.
>>
>>81815759
*10 cents has been deposited into your account*
>>
>>81815786
do you turn off the music you hate at parties too? you sound like that guy.
>>
>>81815792

>its suddenly shilling to say a decent movie like Rogue One is better than Attack of the fucking Clones

Have... you seen either movie? I mean, I didn't love Rogue One either but holy crap, I can't tell if you're being a troll or not
>>
>>81815849
It's nostalgia. They probably haven't seen the prequels since they were kids.
>>
>>81815849
*10 cents has been deposited into your account*
>>
>>81811349
>objectively the best

oh just shut up
>>
>>81815831
That doesn't make sense.
I have no problem with idiots enjoying the crap they like, they can do what they want. I just have no respect for them.
>>
>>81811349
Go away Mickey?
>>
>>81815915
I was going to explain the analogy, but who am I fucking kidding, you don't get invited to parties lmao.
>>
>>81807662
Honestly this. Prequels about Anakin before he was Darth Vader was a great idea. They might not have been great but the thought was there.

Don't care enough about Star Wars to hate on the prequels anyway, thought they were great when I was a kid, the OT was pretty boring by comparison.

Still haven't seen any of the new ones. Probably will at some point
>>
>>81811967
all star wars movies have been "fanwank" even the first one don't let that be your excuse.
>>
Revenge of the Sith
>>
The Force Awakens is the Transformers: Age of Extinction of Star Wars.
>>
File: 1489600134184.jpg (83KB, 853x607px) Image search: [Google]
1489600134184.jpg
83KB, 853x607px
>>81815915
>I have no problem with idiots enjoying the crap they like, they can do what they want. I just have no respect for them.
>>
>>81815946
haha! that showed him xD
have an upvote good sir :D
>>
>>81815915
>I am smart because I consume the correct fictional media
yeah, dude is right, you don't get invited to parties.
>>
>>81816120
Why does my post anger you so much, though? Again, it's perfectly fine if you liked TFA, I just have no respect for you if you did, that's all.
>>
>>81812412
even if this was true it wouldn't make the story any good.
>>
>>81816173
>I just have no respect for you if you did
If you don't understand why this would make someone angry then you're a clear cut autist. Sorry, friend. Human interaction isn't one of your strengths.
>>
>>81807101

Fuck off reddit
>>
>>81816235
So you are actually angry about how someone somewhere in the world who posts anonymously on the internet, who doesn't know you, claims to not respect you.
But sure the other person is the autist.
>>
>>81812565
looks like a videogame cutscene. In fact it doesn't really hold a candle to the opening cinematic of the original killzone game.
>>
>>81816314
When did I say anything about me specifically?
>>
>>81816173
i'm not mad, i'm just pointing out that you don't get invited to parties.

surely you understand that acting pompous about something as retarded as movies is anti-social.
>>
>>81807053
one made me happy but kind of bored
the other made me happy but also really, really sad
>>
>>81816441
>dude just turn off your brain lmao
>if you don't like literally every movie ever made you are anti social
>>
>>81816484
who said anything about needing to like it? you're retarded, aren't you?
>>
>>81815786
>I have zero respect for anyone who liked either of them.
I remember being this much of an edgy teenager. You'll make it through, friend.
>>
>>81812490

>I disagree with you on this part. Regardless of Mexican Chad's assassination of that spy in the beginning, it's difficult to paint the rebellion in a bad light when they're up against an Imperium that wants to blow up entire planets

That the Empire is ultimately responsible for worse atrocities in no way absolves the Rebellion from its shady behavior. Your argument is essentially that as long as the Rebellion isn't matching the Empire's scale of atrocities they're morally clean. That's not how morality works.
>>
III>VII>R1

just for perspective. rogue one was so forgettable and redundant, even more so than the tfa because it doesn't even accomplish telling a story with characters. Sure's TFA plot and characters were a bit of a remix but I was as fucking bored as I was with r1
>>
>>81812636
It's supposed to be the largest loss of life in the entire star wars universe and yet it is such a forgettable scene.
>>
>>81816552
I love how my post triggers all the manchildren that enjoyed TFA
>>
>>81807053
Neither is good, but at least if I saw Rogue One in theaters I wouldn't have felt cheated out of my money.
>>
>>81816560
This is true if you ignore all of the characters and the plot of rogue one.
>>
>>81816587
this
>closeups
>faces
>red color
>will make the fans love it! fuck context
>>
>>81816590
nobody is mad that you don't like the movie. i didn't like it either. it's the autistic comment about disrespecting people for something so petty.

judging and defining others by the "things" they enjoy is literally something children do, so it shouldn't come as a surprise to you that people think you're a child.
>>
File: 66percent.jpg (15KB, 436x403px) Image search: [Google]
66percent.jpg
15KB, 436x403px
>>81816587
it's because we don't know fuckin jack about any of those planets. if it were coruscant than it would be slightly less forgettable
>>
Rogue One actually had character (messy character, but character nonetheless), TFA was like watching a brick wall.
>>
>>81816679
Why didn't they make it Coruscant, even? They just picked a made up planet that you just found out about, and that didn't get expanded even in the new Disney canon (as far as I know).
They should have destroyed Coruscant.
TFA's story is bad on every single level, I don't understand how people liked it. I feel like I must have seen a different movie.
>>
File: INVERSION.jpg (22KB, 551x551px) Image search: [Google]
INVERSION.jpg
22KB, 551x551px
>>81816729
exactly. they should have destroyed coruscant and naboo and what other planet we've seen
>>
File: IMG_0872.jpg (639KB, 821x1550px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0872.jpg
639KB, 821x1550px
>>81807053

>Twins, one male, one female
>Just like Luke and Leia
>The female "discovers" the Force at a place that becomes known as the "Force Tree"
>The female twin founds the Jedi Order
>The male twin is evil and kills the female.
>Before she dies she makes a prophecy that she will return as The One
>Meanwhile Darth Sidious creates Anakin Skywalker to be a false prophet / golem type creation
>The Jedi are fooled into thinking he's The One
>The Jedi only realize their mistake too late.
>Anakin destroys almost all the Jedi
>Luke tries to redeem his evil father who literally slaughtered children.
>Rey is born and she is the perfect reincarnation of The One. Flawless in every way.
>She finds Luke Skywalker, who now just like his evil father, wants to destroy the Jedi Order

Rey will stop Luke's plans, restore order to the galaxy, and will destroy the dark side. She will also bring about the rise of the new Jedi order as predicted by Supreme Leader Snoke in TFA.

The entire Star Wars saga is about how women are good and men are evil.

The women are all leaders (Padme, Leia, Rey, Mon Mothma)

The men are all drawn to the dark side (Anakin, Palpatine, Snoke, Kylo)
>>
I genuinely felt bad while watching and after TFA, Rogue One was actually okay. I preferred Jyn to Rey. In fact the only character I liked was BB-8 in TFA. But Rogue One had the better droid.
>>
>>81816775
Yes, they should have destroyed Prequel planets, that way it would have been true poetry.
>>
>>81816679
maybe it was? I honestly doubt Abrams would be able to convey anything truly gripping even if the new order was aiming their faux-death star at your dog and childhood playground.
>>
>>81816775
to be fair we didn't know anything about Alderan except that it was Leias home.
>>
>>81816850
It was a planet system known as Hosnian Prime lol.
>>
>>81816902
Well that one was different because it was the first planet you see being destroyed and because you thought they wouldn't shoot but Tarkin was like "oh well fire anyway". It was also meant to show that the Death Star is for real so that in the end you can be worried that they would use it to destroy the planet with the Rebel base during the trench scene.
>>
>>81816902
Nobody gave a shit about Alderan either. Even Leia completely forgot about it within minutes/hours, just like how Luke completely forgot about his aunt and uncle's charred skelletons.

There's no such thing as relative emotional impact in Star Wars.
>>
>>81816792
>the force tree

please no
>>
>>81816792
This shit is so fucking stupid.
>>
>>81816952
Original Trilogy fags BTFO
>>
>>81816956
Why do you think he keeps posting it
>>
>>81807101
FPBP
>>
R1 was boring as fuck until they got to Scarif and the cast was fucking awful
TFA was bland and a complete rip off IV, incredibly forgettable all-round
Neither were good but I think R1 was slightly better
>>
the start of rogue one is kind of a mess with all the jumping between different planets

like seriously amateur hour
>>
>>81817450
>all the jumping between different planets
There were literally 3 planets in the whole movie. Jedha, Eadu and Skarif.

There were 3 planets in TFA too, but Jakku and Star Killer Base are the only 2 I can remember.
>>
>>81817607
>There were literally 3 planets in the whole movie. Jedha, Eadu and Skarif.
Oh yeah, and Yavin IV, so 4 I guess.
>>
>>81817643
and what about the planet young Jyn is living on with her parents?

i didnt mean to suggest there were a lot of planets, just a lot of sloppy jumping around between them
>>
>>81817643
I thought it was Yavin IV too but in pure JJ style, the same way Jakku is not Tatooine, that grass planet is not Yavin IV but some other new planet. I forgot the name. I may be wrong but I'm 90% sure.
>>
>tfa- nostalgia wankfest done wrong

>ro- nostalgia wankfest done right

Time to move on from the nostalgia and give us a brand new era, as different from the OT as the PT was.
>>
Lah'mu
Ring of Kafrene
Wobani
Yavin 4
Jedha
Eadu
Scarif
>>
hated that darth vader sounds like he had a stroke in rogue one

why not just get someone who could mimic his voice from ep 4 instead of forcing that old man back into the role?
>>
>>81807101
Unironically, this. TFA was especially shit. I had no interest at all while watching that shit.
>>
R1 is better in every way. It felt like it actually belonged in the SW universe and was part of it. TFA felt like some weird alternate universe devoid of life or scale.

That being said it's still only an alright movie. TFA was outright bad tho.
>>
>>81807053
TFA was way better because I actually cared about the characters.
>>
>>81817900
The rebel base was on Yavin IV in Rogue One. The grassy/mountainous planet at the beginning was some different planet on the outer rim.
>>
>>81807101
the prequels were pure kino. You can tell the studio influence wasnt there to ruin the movies.
>>
>>81818371
Lah'mu >>81818085
>>
>>81807053
I felt pretty unsettled by the political message of Rogue One. Given what's happening with Syria right now, mainstream stories about "heroic rebels" fighting "evil dictatorships" make alarm bells sound in my head.
>>
>>81818498
the same rebels were fighting the same evil dictatorships in A New Hope and it didnt bother you
>>
>>81815582
>CGI Tarkin and Leia are distracting and remind the viewer they are watching a movie
does this actually happen to people, they forget they're watching a movie?
Maybe i'm a pleb, but I find a way to enjoy just about everything I watch, and no matter how bad or good the movie is I never forget that i'm watching a movie. Is that what critics do and why they're so angry when the movie has bad cgi? because it pulls them out?
But if they're so disillusioned that they forget they're sitting in a room watching a movie, how do they manage to pick everything apart and remember all that shit by the time it's over? I don't think i may ever understand how reviewers/critics do their thing, but forgetting you're watching something sounds like a special kind of stupid.
>>
>>81818371
Oops sorry I thought you meant the one in TFA before
>>
>>81807053
rogue one: original stroy
ep.seven tfa: rehash of ep.four a new hope.

getting anymore specific than that is too time consuming.
>>
>>81807101
The prequels are particularly good because they gave ILM the chance to show their full power
>>
>>81807367
>IV above V
nigga
>>
>>81818314
You didn't care about generic minority actor #20019?
>>
>>81818539
A New Hope was way more cartoonish and politically simplistic, and it was made in a different time. I'm not saying it wasn't propaganda too, but I'm far enough removed from it that it doesn't affect me.
>>
Krennic was so good and I don't really know why.
>>
>>81818817
The actor who played him carried it. He made a shitty script sound powerful.
>>
>>81816792
i'm annoyed at how obvious the "occult/kabala/wisdom teachings" are in your post. i didn't care for the "messiah" shit ep 1-3 brought in either. ep 4-6 was just right.
>>
>>81810001
who the fuck are you goy quoting? because you sure as sin are not implying anything.
>>
>>81807053
I've only seen R1 in Cinema, and apart from the vader scenes can't really remember anything else.
Not that FA was any better really.
>>
>>81807053
Rogue One: Adults and old school fans.
TFA: Young Adults and kids
>>
>>81819526
Declarative statements wherein you try to define yourself as adult by liking certain star wars and disliking others: Manchild

Not doing so: Adult
>>
>>81810536
>>when rey picks up luke's lightsaber
I genuinely can't even remember this one
>>the opening scene in that village
Once again, a pretty basic action scene, also lacked any sense of threat due to Poe's laid back nature, like I understand he's chill, but even the chilliest of guys show some fear
>>finn in the desert
Most of those shots were ripped from ANH as well. Desert just simply isn't an interesting location unless you're George Miller
>>interior shot of finn and poe in the tie fighter
Shot-reverse-shot, simple amateur shit
>>kylo ren in the forest on maz kanata's planet
Looked like a fucking fan film
>>knights of ren in the rain
I'll give that to you, but even then, there's nothing too outstanding about it.
>>poe getting tortured
There's absolutely nothing worth any note in this scene
>>
>>81807250
>with the exception of Vader's nonsense james bond one liner

Your post was making sense until there
>>
>>81807053
>bitch protaganists

Nope.

Bitches can't even open a pickle jar without a man, and they expect me to pretend they're some kind of hero?

Might as well put a retard in the role.
>>
>>81818401
I refuse to waste any mental real estate replying to this.
>>
I don't want Coruscant destroyed, it's my favorite planet. However it would make for a much better story. The think is, I think JJ just wanted to completely ignore the prequels.
>>
File: ANHvsTFA.jpg (178KB, 756x568px) Image search: [Google]
ANHvsTFA.jpg
178KB, 756x568px
Why did TFA have to

>rip off familiar planets?
>give us updated old ships when RO had the real ones we wanted?
>have a new death star if RO brought back the original death star?
>copy ANH?
>have a shit story?
>have so many plot holes?
>have shitty characters?
>have to nullify the entire OT
>>
>>81807101
I posted this and all fpbp are mine btw
>>
>george can i copy your homework?
>ok just don't make it too obvious
>>
>>81807053
I liked both of them.

Is that bad?
>>
>>81816556
No, my argument is that their end justifies the means. I'm not gonna point my finger at someone who kills a defector if their mission is to save the galaxy. It's not like they commit "atrocities" for the hell of it, they're doing it with purpose.

What resistance movement doesn't have innocent blood on its hands? It's an inherent and necessary part of a justified movement. I'm not going to start sympathizing with the empire just because some morally ambiguous things occurred within the Rebellion.
>>
>>81812565
>>81812599
>>81812636
These look awful. At least with RO you could see that the people involved really cared and did their best to make everything look good
>>
>>81821857
no.
it just means you have to go back to pppreddit.
>>
>>81807101
This. The new Star Wars make the prequels look good.
>>
>>81822719
What?
>>
>>81807240
This
>But I want my children's movies to be dark and violent and boring! and one of the only 3 good things about the movie should get killed off half an hour before it's over! waaaaah!
No.

>>81814607
[citation needed] I highly doubt it desu. Rogue One was a gritty "adult" film and kids probably liked it less than they liked Force Awakens. Or the prequels for that matter.
>>
>>81822928
>But I want my children's movies to be dark and violent and boring! and one of the only 3 good things about the movie should get killed off half an hour before it's over! waaaaah!
See: Deadpool, Logan (2016, 2017)
>>
File: thicc.png (535KB, 1897x952px) Image search: [Google]
thicc.png
535KB, 1897x952px
>>81807101
fpbp

prequels are kino
>>
>>81807101
Half right.
The prequels are shit too.
>>
>>81822928
Not that guy, but I have a lot of teenage/preteen nephews and second cousins who love Star Wars and they all hold Rogue One in pretty high regard.
>>
File: 1486784563780.jpg (38KB, 582x588px) Image search: [Google]
1486784563780.jpg
38KB, 582x588px
Force Awakens had better characters but suffered from rushed pacing and remake story. Rogue One had betterish story and visuals, but suffered from bad characters and soundtrack which ultimately made it really hard for me to enjoy the film.

Both are extremely flawed, but ultimately TFA comes out ahead IMO
>>
File: 1490385871220.jpg (43KB, 400x478px) Image search: [Google]
1490385871220.jpg
43KB, 400x478px
>>81816510
>i don't like this and i think less of people who like this
>well ur prOBABLY A FUCKING LOSER ANYWAY FUCK YOU LOL
whoa dude hwoa
>>
File: 07.jpg (434KB, 1440x1057px) Image search: [Google]
07.jpg
434KB, 1440x1057px
>>81807053
Rogue One and its not even close. Also, honorable mention of Mads Mikkelsen.
>>
File: 3.jpg (619KB, 2000x3000px) Image search: [Google]
3.jpg
619KB, 2000x3000px
>>
just finished rogue one then. this was a better movie overall
>>
>>81807053

TFA cause Kylo Ren arc is promising. R1 is TFA minus even the one thing to look forward to.
>>
>>81809799
Exactly this. TFA shit the bed and made Rogue One (a decent film) look golden by comparison.
>>
>>81807101
FPBP

DISNEY BTFO
>>
>>
>>81807053
Both are fine but nowhere near the original trilogy. Rogue One is better because it's not full of marvel level quips, and while there's still some of it (Forest Whitaker's character being removed from the movie as much as possible without being entirely erased) the entire thing doesn't feel created by committee and focus tested to hell and back (poe disappears for half the movie, r2 comes back for absolutely no reason at the end, fucking nothing about the state of the world makes sense unless you read a book first, etc, etc, etc)
>>
File: Sheev Wars.jpg (160KB, 2920x316px) Image search: [Google]
Sheev Wars.jpg
160KB, 2920x316px
>>81827093
>>
File: 00.jpg (353KB, 1200x1605px) Image search: [Google]
00.jpg
353KB, 1200x1605px
>>
I liked them both equally, I thought they were both enjoyable and well made. U mad??

I am looking forward to episode 8. But not the spinoff prequel Han Solo shit ... fuck that.
>>
>>81828586
>ywn squirt your sauce inside a human bunny
>>
>>81828622
*upvote*
>>
File: 3.jpg (2MB, 3426x2277px) Image search: [Google]
3.jpg
2MB, 3426x2277px
>>
File: 9.jpg (402KB, 1923x2548px) Image search: [Google]
9.jpg
402KB, 1923x2548px
>>
File: y.jpg (1MB, 2272x3000px) Image search: [Google]
y.jpg
1MB, 2272x3000px
>>
>>81807250
>Giacchino did well with Lost and Star Trek and then I haven't ever heard him do anything good since.
Thank God someone mentioned that hack. I completely agree.
>>
File: 1480637947713.jpg (304KB, 1024x842px) Image search: [Google]
1480637947713.jpg
304KB, 1024x842px
>>81828628
>>
>>81829529
the thing about Giachino is his scores are really good if he doesn't need to worry about a previous composer on the franchise.
like his scores for the Incredibles and Star Trek and Up were all good, but when he has to weave John Williams's score into his own like with Jurassic World or Rogue One he falls apart.
he doesn't use Williams's music when he should, and he does use it in random places where it doesn't belong.

like the Imperial March doesn't play the first time we see a star destroyer, we get some shitty new music instead.
and then the Binary Sunset music plays once in all of Rogue One, and it plays when Bail Organa walks into a war room. it's so fucking stupid and inappropriate and distracting.
>>
>>81830036
i think he decided not to use the imperial march because it more or less became a theme of vader. i believe they wanted to make a new theme for Tarkin here since Tarkin never had a theme in A New Hope
>>
>>81830036
I'm pretty sure Giachino doesn't pick where the music goes. Whoever's in charge of that works with the composer to get the mood right for the pieces they want, but then they alone pick where it goes.
>>
>>81830484
>i think he decided not to use the imperial march because it more or less became a theme of vader.
Different anon but I don't agree with that at all.
It's used at the end of Episode II when the clone ships launch after Yoda says "Begun, the Clone Wars have". Also in III while Yoda is trying to survive on the Wookiee planet. Through all of the prequels it was used appropriately.
Also in R1 when they finally do use the music it spins upwards at the end into some fucked up crescendo that was never in any of John Williams' work either.

>>81830644
I'm not 100% certain you're wrong, but I'm pretty close.
>>
>>81830644
>>81830714
>I'm not 100% certain you're wrong, but I'm pretty close.
agreed. that doesn't seem right. I'm sure the director would get input but it'd be the composer who watches a finished musicless cut of the movie and then puts music over it.
>>
File: 1487673875600.jpg (10KB, 223x226px) Image search: [Google]
1487673875600.jpg
10KB, 223x226px
>tfw too intelligent for star wars
>>
>>81810001
>implying the hot-headed and incredibly naive young girl who panics easily is a mary sue
I just recently finished watching TFA so I'll reply while it's still fresh in my mind:

Rey is a mary sue, alright. Is not that she "panics" (I can count the times that happens with one hand anyways), is how the characters around her react to her: Han instantly trusts her, offers her a job, and is in complete tune with her within a few minutes of interaction. Kylo almost crushes on her despite Rey doing nothing to earn his respect as an enemy. By the end of the movie you have the entire Resistance cheering for her while she leaves for Luke despite neither of them knowing her. Leia runs to her for comfort when Han dies, instead of FUCKING CHEWIE, HAN'S PARTNER AND HER LONG TIME FRIEND. Everyone around her accept and trust her instantly despite her being a newcomer nobody knows. And her instant knowledge of how things work wouldn't be a problem if it wasn't because there's little chance someone like her would know things like that, and coupled with how she instantly fits in with everyone, it is the sign of a mary sue. Yes, she's a fucking mary sue.

Honestly, the whole movie felt kinda boring to me because of this, mainly because Rey always, ALWAYS knows what to do and there's no real dept or challenge when it feels like she'll never face a real problem. Is like the writting makes everyone around her look like idiots to make herself look better.

Poe and Han carried the movie, imo.

Also, does anyone knows why Kylo was punching his wound like a retard?
>>
File: 1492424541738.jpg (411KB, 1462x1462px) Image search: [Google]
1492424541738.jpg
411KB, 1462x1462px
>>81807101
Fucking fpbp
>>
Disney bough Star Wars (Locus Films) for 4.05B.

They made 1.05B-200M = 805M on Rogue One
They made 2.07B-245M = 1.825M on TFA

Total of 2.63B They made 2 movies and already about 2/3rds of the way back. Why are they such Gods?

1 more movie and then it all becomes profit and they can make 10 more after that and people will see it cause Star Wars fans just don't care. They would love to have 50 star wars side stories if made well.
>>
>>81807101
Revenge of the Sith is better than both for sure but not the other two
>>81807053
>Things Rogue One did better
Action
General look/ambiance
Story (not like it was great, but it was at least slightly more inspired than TFA)
Characters (again, not great characters but despite how shallow they are they beat TFA)
qtness. Jyn had a cute little butt
>Things The Force Awakens did better
Villains (Snoke is fucking stupid and Phasma is utterly worthless but Hux and Kylo Ren were great with the latter easily stealing the show. Krennic was sort of a bitch and the Vader cameo doesnt really count)
Quips werent as annoying as they were in Rogue One
Music
TFA also gets qt points since Rey has a cute big teeth smile

>Things that were irredeemable shit in Rogue One
Vaders first scene
The guy who was friends with Donnie Yen, what the fuck was the point of him? In a movie full of bland characters he was by far the worst
the fucking constant quipping from the droid
that stupid tentacle mind reading creature. Seriously what the fuck?
CGI Tarkin was a stupid choice, Krennic and Vader being present made him redundant
>Things that were ireedemably shit in The Force Awakens
Fucking Finn. There is no single character in both of these movies that had more potential to be fantastic than Finn, and JJ fucking blew it and made him as shallow as he possibly could.
Maz Kanata and every goddamn second she is on screen
Totally rips off og star wars, but worse
fuckin gay magic lightsaber bullshit that doesnt make any sense
criminal under use of Oscar Isaac

I didnt really hate The Force Awakens but i was really let down by it whereas I was pleasantly surprised by Rogue One considering how much it had going against it before it even came out.

Rogue One > The Force Awakens
>>
>>81834445
They've already made profit.
They didn't just buy the rights to the Star Wars films for 4bil.
They bought the entire brand.

Merchandise, games, toys, EU media, it's all Disney's. They made their money back with TFA alone, now they're just riding the gravy train.
>>
File: 1409647922278.jpg (101KB, 800x612px) Image search: [Google]
1409647922278.jpg
101KB, 800x612px
disney needs to be stopped
Thread posts: 282
Thread images: 37

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.