[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Jesus fucking christ. Everything in this movie looks like it

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 53
Thread images: 9

File: mmax.png (2MB, 1672x964px) Image search: [Google]
mmax.png
2MB, 1672x964px
Jesus fucking christ. Everything in this movie looks like it was completely filmed on greenscreen, and whatever doesn't just looks like cheap plastic.

Even if this was all ironic and on purpose, it's still awful
>>
t. reddit
>>
You're like people who say real photos are bad cgi.
>>
>>81798438
>defending Mad Gal
helIo reddit
>>
>>81798407
The redditors are out again.
>>
>>81798438
but reddit are the ones eating this poop movie up.

the colour grading in this flick is so cancerous, i don't think i've ever seen such an ugly filter on a movie. Not even Suicide Squad has this disgusting colour grading
>>
epic
>>
>>81798407
Retard, here is a pity (you)
>>
>>81798470
>implying a heavily color treated and extremely photoshopped photo doesn't look worse than reality

Reddit is calling. They want their 12 year old tier argumentation back
>>
>>81798489
>not watching the definitive Black & Chrome Edition
>>
File: qc00y2.png (2MB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
qc00y2.png
2MB, 1920x1080px
>>81798572
>>
File: tuckman.webm (623KB, 392x540px) Image search: [Google]
tuckman.webm
623KB, 392x540px
>>81798489
t. numale
>>
>>81798407
Yeah, it was on purpose.
Go and look at the concept art.
This film was in development for over a decade with the art drawn before the orange and blue trend.
>>
>>81798572
>>81798621
would've been pure KINO
>>
>>81798489
>Suicide Squad
>colour grading
They just lowered the brightness.
>>
>>81798674
he means the vehicles and actors sometimes look like they were filmed elsewhere and then stiched together
>>
File: max.jpg (141KB, 1077x513px) Image search: [Google]
max.jpg
141KB, 1077x513px
Fury Road one of the ugliest and most retarded films in recent History. And those garish, cartoonish, orange and blue colours produced in computers should be illegal. Really, why do people love to be submitted to this kind of empty horrifying visual and aural aggression? A fascistic anti-human audiovisual experiment. Simply put cirque du soleil for bros.
>>
>>81798731
Well, they weren't.
>>
>>81798763
Digital filming ruined everything. I miss the glory days of actual film being used to film movies.

The thing is that it's generally agreed upon that film looks better than digital. Film is more expensive than shooting digitally, yet even huge blockbuster productions like the Marvel flicks are shot digitally. The first Iron Man film was shot on film and it looks like 50x better than the garbage that is any of todays digitally shot shit.

Also: Blame the fucking Coen Brothers, i think O' Brother Where Art Thou was the first movie to use color grading
>>
>>81798407
How the fuck can you tell when you watch it in such shitty quality?
>>
>>81798531
I'm not implying anything, in fact I am directly saying you are like those people, on the contrary. Now I am saying you lack reading comprehension too.
>>
>>81798906
that's on netflix
it's just that it's a screenshot from a moment with lots of motion
>>
>>81798531
But it doesn't.

It went through colour filters for a reason.
>>
>>81798731
>>81798876
Well they were.
Here's the shot before VFX.
>>
>>81798927
You are saying that i'm saying Fury Road looks like shit CGI when it was in fact mostly shot on locations, with not many CGI effects. What i'm saying is, that this movie was treated so fucking heavily in post production that it ended up looking fucking disgusting
>>
>BABBYS FIRST CONTRARIAN OPINION
>>
File: MadMaxCanyonBefore.jpg (57KB, 1200x508px) Image search: [Google]
MadMaxCanyonBefore.jpg
57KB, 1200x508px
>>81798999
Forgot pic.
>>
File: 1.jpg (515KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
1.jpg
515KB, 1920x1080px
>>81798969
I got screenshots and they look better than that
>>
File: MadMaxCanyonAfter.jpg (115KB, 1200x509px) Image search: [Google]
MadMaxCanyonAfter.jpg
115KB, 1200x509px
>>81799033
Here's the after.
It's actually very well done and OP is being a crying baby.
>>
>>81799057
Oh jeez

I thought this was talking about CGI cars; I honestly thought the cliffs were practical
>>
>>81798407
Warner Brothers wouldn't let George Miller release it in monochrome as he'd intended, so he oversaturated everything with orange and blue in post
>>
>>81799119
Well they are as well.
They've just filmed the cliffs as the reference and placed the vehicles there.
>>
>>81799012
No thats not what i'm saying, i'm saying you're like those people. It's not really a statement with multiple meanings. You made a post calling it plastic or greenscreen looking and potentially "ironic" so yea, you're a retard.
>>
>>81799183
Yeah, a lot like the "CG" in a lot of the Lord of the Rings.

Minas Tirith is like a real life plastic model that got filmed and pasted over footage of like an actual forest or whatever
>>
>>81799234
Saying i'm like those people is implying that i'm saying it looks like shit CGI when it was in fact filmed in real locations you dumb fucking mouthbreather. And due to heavy treatment in post production it does in fact look worse than it would've without
>>
>>81799286
No it doesn't.
>>
>When your perception is so ruined by CGI in capeshit that practical effects look like 'cheap greenscreen'

Get help
>>
>>81798407
Baiting Fury Road gets fucking tiring after a while, but no one ever seems to NOT reply to it

Regardless of your actual opinions on it, saying that it looked cheap and fake gets people absolutely assblasted every time.

Y'all are fuckin' dopes for falling for this time and time again.
>>
>>81798407
>>81798489
im so sorry that you were born with a half pound brain. you fucking retards shouldve been aborted or killed at birth, life wouldve been much less painful for you
>>
File: IMG_7326.jpg (984KB, 4608x1963px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_7326.jpg
984KB, 4608x1963px
>>81798891
>shitting on O Brother's color work
HERE WE FUCKING GO
>>
>>81798407
Did you watch it on a TV or on your computer?
Shut the fuck up.

Did you watch it in the theater, like it was meant to be?
Then why post about it a year later.

This thread is awful.
>>
>>81799581
I'm not baiting, i genuinely think this movie looks like ass, and every 2nd scene was sped up in post to make it look more fast. But all i see is just sped up footage.

I guess if you have shit perception you won't notice how awful this movie looks. And even practical effects can look shitty when you apply this amount of shit during the editing and post prod process
>>
>>81799662
I'm not really shitting on it. O'Brother looks good, but it just started this entire garbage colour grading fad most of you people seem to have accepted as the norm and "that's just how movies look" apparently.
>>
File: 1471906161077.jpg (3MB, 3024x5376px) Image search: [Google]
1471906161077.jpg
3MB, 3024x5376px
Nah it's kino, had to go out and buy the bluray to enjoy it again.
>>
>>81799819
i remember that thread
>>
>>81799819
DUDE WTF?????
100% CERTIFIED FRESH???????
>>
>>81799791
>every 2nd scene was sped up in post to make it look more fast. But all i see is just sped up footage.

You might just not enjoy the Mad Max movies then. Miller's used that technique since the first movie. All the shit about how oversaturated it looks I personally found pretty refreshing after like 5 years of Expendables or Taken-tier blurry blue bullshit. To each their own, but be able to back yourself up at least.

>>81799812
Color grading isn't inherently bad, it's just used the wrong way all the fucking time. Like I was saying with Expendables, everything looks either really dull unnatural blue or dull washed out sepia.

O Brother had a purpose with color grading, to give it the look of something classical, kinda old-timey. Sicario, there's a reason why everything's so washed out, it's to add to the sense of realism.

Fury Road's color grading (either regular or black & chrome) works to lift the film out of reality, and give it almost a fairy tale or fable vibe. Everyone bitching about how it looks "garish and unrealistic" fails to take into account that this ISN'T a realistic movie, it's trying to tell a story.

Pic unrelated, but I couldn't be fucked to find a cinegrid for Taken.
>>
>>81799819
Please tell me that RT logo is fake. Please tell me we haven't dropped that low yet.
>>
>>81800161
Studios will print anything on the Blu Ray cases these days
>>
>>81800148
>Fury Road's color grading (either regular or black & chrome) works to lift the film out of reality, and give it almost a fairy tale or fable vibe. Everyone bitching about how it looks "garish and unrealistic" fails to take into account that this ISN'T a realistic movie, it's trying to tell a story.

I guess i get that, but it did nothing for me except break immersion and constantly make me feel like i was wearing dark yellow tinged sun glasses
>>
>>81800299
Fair's fair. To each their own.

I personally thought the day-for-night scenes gave a welcome reprieve from the harsh light of day, and the Warbois as a whole contrasted beautifully.
>>
>>81799286
nu uh
>>
>>81800161
They started showing that on TV commercials around the time of The Wolverine I believe.
Thread posts: 53
Thread images: 9

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.