[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What is the Dark Souls 3 of film and television?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 4

File: IMG_1034.jpg (229KB, 1200x650px)
IMG_1034.jpg
229KB, 1200x650px
What is the Dark Souls 3 of film and television?
>>
>>81787577

The Godfather part 2
>>
Boring and bland sequel without any substance?

Clerks 2 maybe
>>
File: kaathe.jpg (105KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
kaathe.jpg
105KB, 1280x720px
Star Wars: The Last Jedi

The jedi must end to finally stop the endless cycle of light and darkness
>>
>>81787577
A trilogy where the 1st is a classic and the 3rd is the best in the trilogy?

Idk i can't think of anything.
>>
>>81787847

Dollars.
>>
A trilogy where the second one has some really good ideas but a drooling idiot decides not to use them because it was created by a b team and instead puts a lot of really cool references instead?

Nothing comes to mind
>>
david lynch
>>
File: 1407901569126.jpg (953KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
1407901569126.jpg
953KB, 1920x1080px
>>81787577
The separate Star Wars Trilogies

>Dark Souls 1
Ep 4-6
The OG that began the franchise and is basically immortalized by fans forever despite its overshadowed flaws.

>Dark Souls 2
Ep 1-3
A return to the beloved franchise that was mostly different and took several risks but added up to more negatives than positives in contrast to the original.

>Dark Souls 3
Ep 7
References much harder back to OG material. Might be technically superior in several ways but its fear to stray away to become its own thing and depend on the OG is sort of distracting.

I can't think of a clever one comparing Bloodborne or Demon's Souls to R1
>>
>>81787847
Lotr
>>
Return of the King

/thread
>>
>>81787577
Edge of Tomorrow kind of his the same 'mechanic' by which the mc learns enemy weaknesses and strategies through death and repetition. It lacks an unbreakable cycle that always inevitably ends in darkness though. Not sure I can think of anything that has that, though I'm sure some artsy shit like Bergman or Tarkovsky probably does.
>>
>>81787577
>>>/v/374300515
>>
>>81787847
Demon's souls was a classic, but I wouldn't call Dark Souls 2 the best.
>>
>>81787577
>dude poise isnt even real haha, like NIGGA getting punched while wearing nothing will knock u around the same as if you're literally a giant rock lmao
>>
File: maxresdefault.jpg (160KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault.jpg
160KB, 1920x1080px
I can only think of one but it's an anime... it's called Berserk, I actually think dark souls was inspired by it
>>
>>81791267

Don't know why this made me laugh
>>
>>81787577
Berserk anime
>>
>>81787577
What the /v/eddit of saging a thread?
>>
>>81791414
because people that watch anime are pathetically hilarious
Thread posts: 20
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.