[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

WTF is wrong with the Rick and Morty fanbase

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 25
Thread images: 2

File: randm.jpg (79KB, 830x313px) Image search: [Google]
randm.jpg
79KB, 830x313px
WTF is wrong with the Rick and Morty fanbase
>>
>>81783987
Redditors gonna reddit, euphoric fedora much!!!??? and so forth
>>
>>81783987
they're redditors and marvel fans
>>
>>81783987
should I start a reddit folder? or a fedora folder is enough?
>>
>>81783987
Cuase hack drunk writers are so deep and must have a profound wisdom to write this shit.

Might as well ask why do teenagers think everything relates to their lives now. "that is so me and my friends! lol we fit in and have validation that our parents don't give us!"
>>
>>81783987
Why the fuck are you so obsessed with it? Get a life nigger.
>>
I really did try and give it a go. Every episode is the fucking same.
>>
What aggravates me about R & M is that it tends to waste fascinating characters.

I fucking love Morty Jr, but we only catch a glimpse of his adult life (Rick would have to fix his rapid aging). I'm sure a lot of us can relate to an angry youth maturing into a more thoughtful individual.
>>
>>81783987
>Dude I hate a show so much I search online for anything I can find related to said show
>>
File: yun5gxk[1].gif (43KB, 600x174px) Image search: [Google]
yun5gxk[1].gif
43KB, 600x174px
Which is more genius? Rick and Morty or the pipe strip?
>>
Why are autist on 4chan obsessed with Reddit and Rick and Morty?
>>
>>81784316

what's it about garfield that attracts shit like lasagnacat or garfielf
>>
>>81784353
>Why are autist on a plebeian post obsessed with a kids show?
>>
>>81783987

some of the fanbase are pretentious cretins, so what?

you can only judge the show on what it's trying to do - you can't say it fails to be "deep", because it never tried to, despite those with a need to sound smarter than they are

it's just an inane 20 min cartoon made for laughs, like futurama or family guy - and judged for what it is, it's pretty great
>>
>>81783987
is the next mlp minus the fetish
>>
>>81784316
lasagnacat proves that irony as a fad died in 2013
>>
>>81784461
Same reason Doug gets that treatment; its bland, flavourless and dull. Its milquetoast.
>>
The whole pessimistic, "you're so insignificant" outlook is the most boring, teenage-tier idea there is.

Like that "the universe is going to die some day, you are going to die some day" argument, or "if you think of how big the universe is, we don't matter" (as if dust matters more than living, feeling, loving beings).

It's a disgusting, suicidal argument that decidedly moves the goalposts way, way out out of a willful, angry, depressive compulsion to push one's misery and despair on others. Trying to infuse one's personal depression and toxicity into a philosophy.

It leads to suicide, and a ruining of one's loved one's lives, and I've seen this play out several times. I have nothing but contempt for the types of creeps who want to focus on emptiness and despair. Partly because it isn't fucking true. Sure, one dies some day, but so what? There is also life, which probably continues on, and even in this life you can actively foster life and build and create.
>>
Literally baby's first nihilism
>>
>>81783987
>You're not here on purpose
My mom chose not to abort me
>>
Dude nothing matters god isnt real lmao
>>
>>81783987
The person who wrote that is obviously like 14 years old. You were a little shit when you were 14 too.
>>
>>81784266

The writers don't have the skill to convey anything interesting in its entirety, they can only do their best to make a best-of mixtape of any cool sci-fi ideas they run across or think up, allowing your imagination to fill in the blanks that they can't fill with quality writing.
>>
>>81784715
So deep bro
>>
>>81783987
How bitter do you have to be to hate on that guy? He enjoys the show, doesn't say anything extremely ridiculous or contemptible. He is just sincerely expressing his feelings and thoughts for a show by which he is clearly deeply affected.

You don't have to agree or share the same opinion. I don't.
Thread posts: 25
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.