[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

True Detective

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 4

File: TDBar640.jpg (54KB, 640x332px) Image search: [Google]
TDBar640.jpg
54KB, 640x332px
I just finished watching season 2. I can see why /tv/ says its mostly memes. Season 2 let me down a little after seeing season 1. Now that I finished True Detective and wait for season 3. Anyone know some good shows to watch next? Something around 2013 - current year would be nice.
Also what the fuck went wrong at that shooting scene with that 1 bald cartel shooting the AK. How the fuck do you miss that much with several people shooting. What made that fat guy move, get angry while the shooter is still shooting, then die with a head shot? What the fuck was that?
>>
>Season 2 let me down a little after seeing season 1
a little?
>>
>>81770486
Okay, a lot but I gotta throw some positive in there.. which I don't know any. Seriously what the fuck was that? What the fuck man they surrounded the cartel around the car and still miss shots? What the fuck did I just watch. I tried to keep positive throughout the show to see if the show will get better but what the fuck
>>
File: true-detective-season-2.jpg (124KB, 1479x985px) Image search: [Google]
true-detective-season-2.jpg
124KB, 1479x985px
Also what the fuck is this? Is she even remotely useful? I am fucking confused this whole scene.
>>
>>81770486
Lay off him, dude. Some people liked s2. I didn't, but I'm a choosey cunt..

>>81770465
Fargo is meant to be good but I haven't watched any yet. Legion was ok, kinda got boring imo. 13RW is ok if you can handle teen-dramas. Stay away from The Walking Dead and Rick and Morty.
>>
File: ray feels.jpg (133KB, 498x665px) Image search: [Google]
ray feels.jpg
133KB, 498x665px
>tfw this is your least favorite life
>>
>>81770595
Fargo Season 1 is ok I liked it. Legion was ok as you stated. Not touching any teen dramas, The Walking Dead, or Rick and Morty.
Just need a good show to watch that's like Season 1 of this show.
>>
>>81770465
>>81770486
I liked it more than first season.
I don't care what /tv/ thinks.

Come out of your echo-chamber, little priest.
Come die with me, little priest.
>>
>>81771357
>I liked it more than first season.
This. Some bad dialogue aside I absolutely loved S2. Not many TV shows have struck me quite like it.
I went and read The Guardian reviews to see why everyone else seemed to hate it, and there were none. "Convoluted" when it's a noir, "characters I don't know" when their names have been said repeatedly, "[complaining about bar scenes]" when those were quality, and this is a direct quote from the finale recap.
>Frank still has the diamonds on him, and could have escaped alive and still fairly wealthy (though he does face a treacherous walk out of the desert) but such is his pride that he can’t take the demand from one of the Mexicans that he hand over his own suit lying down.
Obviously not representative, but this is an example of someone that that disliked season 2 - cannot even put two parts of a sentence together. Did they not consider Frank didn't over his suit because it had diamonds in it? That it had nothing to do with pride?

You can be disappointed that it didn't turn out to be like season 1, but people a lot of people obviously say it's bad purely because it was different. Or else you can come onto /tv/ and have people pretend the 'fag and women' weren't originally meant to be in it.
>>
>>81771718
Yep.
Most people couldn't handle that many protagonists, and they thought that season one is a blueprint for all incoming seasons.
Let's not forget that people tend to overlook season one imperfections, just because it was generally fantastic. Season two came after that and people had expectations and presumptions, but that should never restrain creators in doing what they want.

I hope they'll ignore the reception of season two and just do whatever the fuck they think they should.
>>
>>81772298
>I hope they'll ignore the reception of season two and just do whatever the fuck they think they should.
It would be great if they did, but (for some reason) someone from HBO came out and apologised for season 2. I have no idea why they did, but it makes me think they will ensure Pizzolatto plays it safe.
>>
>>81770465
The Leftovers, Fargo, The Young Pope. Also, while S1 was better, S2 was still imo.
>>
>>81773484
>still imo
still good imo*
>>
>>81770465
Season 2 is kino
>>
File: shadow_line___2d.jpg (783KB, 1528x2160px) Image search: [Google]
shadow_line___2d.jpg
783KB, 1528x2160px
>>81770465

The Shadow Line.
>>
>>81770465

Justified
>>
>>81773321
>someone from HBO came out and apologised for season 2
These are dark times indeed.
>>
>>81770465
I thought Amazon's shows Bosch and Mad Dogs were entertaining and worth a watch.
>>
>>81773321
Pizza wanted to take more time with production and polish the story up. It was some jewbag HBO exec that made him rush it out the door and that's why it sucked.

PIZZA CAN DO WHATEVER HE WANTS STAY THE FUCK AWAY FROM PRODUCTION YOU ASSHOLE MERCHANTS
>>
>>81773941
It didn't suck though. What needed to be polished up?
Thread posts: 20
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.