[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

30 Days Of Night

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 1

File: 30daysofnight.jpg (116KB, 500x748px) Image search: [Google]
30daysofnight.jpg
116KB, 500x748px
As far as flicks go, this was an enjoyable one, but I just had too much issues with it, because the premise seemed interesting and too bad they didn't use it's potential.

My main gripe was how the characters were retarded at times and didn't fight off vampires using their intelligence and their cunning, especially when they were in that grocery store. I mean, you had a lot of the material for bombs and other diverting shit, why not fucking use it instead of waiting for someone to distract them and die, only so you can run off another mile or so? Why can't people use logic in flicks like this? Why do they always pointlessly fight and split up only to put themselves into a worse situation than the one before? And yeah, you can excuse that guy whom went out after his father because he was his father, but that was one of the most retarded decisions a character made in this flick, because why the fuck would you even try if you're already aware of the fact that he's pretty much good as dead. The ending fight when Eben turns himself into a vampire to fight of their leader seemed so cheesy and stupid, but the ending itself where they looked at the sunset together was solid and a little bit cute, if I may say so myself. Oh yeah, forgot to mention that I liked the idea where they made that little girl a vampire, since it looks so innocent, yet it's another disgusting bloodsucker.

Overall, enjoyable flick to pass time, but nothing more than that. The premise, while sounding interesting, wasn't that well executed and if someone capable was in charge, maybe that would be another story. Also, yeah, I realize this might be me just nitpicking it and what not, but I just felt characters running from a to b, from b to c was a stupid decision and they should have either gone the route of having all of the town folks killed or making the 6-7 people that were alive fight 'em off using their intelligence and cunning.

Has anyone read the graphic novel, is it worth checking out?
>>
>>81765103
Fuck you faggot my ex girlfriend liked that movie and every time we argued (every day for like two years) I'd stare at that dvd on the shelf because I didn't want to look at her. Triggered
>>
>>81766065
>my ex girlfriend
good riddance, lad.
>>
>>81765103
flick?? this was quinoa
>>
>>81766953
It wasn't kino, even if you're being ironic about it. It isn't b schlocky kino tier, it's just bad and filled with wasted potential. Something like Hanzel and Gretchel was flick kino, this wasn't.
>>
>if it were me I would've just made some bombs!! xd

shut up
>>
>>81767120
What's the alternative, sacrificing one of your own so you can go from point x to y and hope they won't find you for the remaining 30 days? Fuck you.
>>
>>81765103
i agree on your logic arguments, but i still like this movie very much because of its cold and dark setting and atmosphere, definitly one of the better horrormovies and very enjoyable
>>
>>81765103
>Has anyone read the graphic novel, is it worth checking out?
Now, I realise /tv/ is basically just /co/ 2.0 now with additional /pol/, but perhaps this sort of post is better suited for that board instead of this one.
>>
>>81768860
>i still like this movie very much because of its cold and dark setting and atmosphere
This, tbph. It's snowkino. Up there with The Thing, imo. Fight me, faggos!
>>
>>81767437
Alright genius how do you make the bomb? Now how do you make the bomb in the dark while being chased by vampires?

People don't think when they're panicking
>>
The film was made in New Zealand, all kiwi and oz actors,
Looks out for crixus from spartacus

All Snow was Fake
>>
>>81768917
The movie is based on the GN, so I decided to ask here, since someone maybe read it before or after watching it.
>>81768860
The 30 days idea was a neat one and not something you can see in a lot of movies, I like that too when I first heard about it and seen it.
>>81769010
>People don't think when they're panicking
Tell that to soldiers fighting in the war that are shitting their pants, yet still use their brain.
>how do you make the bomb in the dark while being chased by vamps
They were in a grocery shop filled with items that you can do wonders with, not to mention they did hide in there for couple of days, even a whole week, so they weren't exactly chased and had a lot of time to think everything through instead of just running from x-y.
>>81769094
That was visible, but what difference does it make? The snow really isn't it's biggest problem.
>>
this scene was kino desu
https://youtu.be/npxvpFAEQX4
>>
>>81769445
Wasn't kino, but displayed the chaos that ensued with vamps well.
>>
Even though it was quite basic, I like how vamps used that one survivor girl to lure out the others, made 'em feel less like 1D villains.
>>
>>81769217
>Tell that to soldiers fighting in the war that are shitting their pants, yet still use their brain.
soldiers are trained to use their brain in battle situations, you cant expect from a casual civilian to be able to do the same, nobody can pretend to stay completely calm and logically if your village gets attacked by hard to kill vampires out of the dark, i think youre overestimating people in panic situations
>>
>>81770039
They spend about a week in the attic and another one in the store, they had over 100 hours to calm down and start thinking about things logically. They even had a cop with them, he could have made them see some fucking reason and that crying about it won't help in the slightest.
>muh training
Nothing can prepare you for the horror that war is.
Thread posts: 18
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.