[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Bruce Wayne? I'm actually impressed.

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 356
Thread images: 28

File: Superman.jpg (77KB, 616x800px) Image search: [Google]
Superman.jpg
77KB, 616x800px
Bruce Wayne? I'm actually impressed.
>>
TELL IT TO ZOD'S SNAPPED NECK!!!!
>>
>>81763966
what a shitty superman costume, fan-fic tier
>>
>>81764904
Any costume where you can see Henry Cavill's enormous penis bulging out is a good costume.
>>
File: 1492426321777.png (744KB, 1280x960px) Image search: [Google]
1492426321777.png
744KB, 1280x960px
>>81764985
Australians are the true Supermen
>>
>>81764985
>tumblr
>response to a post talking about penises
I'm hesitant to look.
>captcha: stop lane
>>
File: supes.jpg (230KB, 2100x1537px) Image search: [Google]
supes.jpg
230KB, 2100x1537px
>>81764904
It's the overly darkened colors that bother me tb completely h. I liked Brandon Routh's costume.
>>
>>81765051
Joy Lane
>>
>>81765067
Everyone complains now about costumes being too textured and busy, but I prefer that to the flat look that this has.
>>
>>81765112
She's the reason >>81764985 happened.
>>
>>81765067
>It's the overly darkened colors that bother me
>posts costume where they decided to change the classic red to a weird burgundy that ultimately looked brown in the final film
>>
>>81765147
Sometimes simplicity is better. Superman doesn't need to have an over designed suit. No need for that.
>>
>>81765067
The boots are a bit silly but overall it's a great costume

This one and the Reevs one are the best
>>
>>81765202
The belt is ridiculous and having the big plastic decal S is kinda stupid looking generally.
>>
>>81765202
it's probably the worst superman costume ever put to screen
>>
>>81765192
But at least the blue still looks good and helps even it out a little bit. In MOS both the red and the blue were overly darkened.
>>
>>81765229
You haven't seen Man of Steel or BvS?

>>81765223
Small detail, not that noticeable.
>>
>>81765242
yes the blue is not bad but it also looked flat in the final film, though not as bad as the red
>>
>>81765273
the mos costume isn't amazing but it's still better than the sr one in all respects
>>
I can't believe this thread turned into /tv/ debating about the color of Superman's costume.
>>
>>81765273
Details are the problem though, big or small it needs less of them.
>>
File: 6987.jpg (82KB, 545x516px) Image search: [Google]
6987.jpg
82KB, 545x516px
Best Batman = Ben Affleck

Best Superman = Christopher Reev
>>
>>81764985
>>81765037
sauce faggots
>>
>>81765274
Maybe a little bit but it didn't bother me.

>>81765290
Disagree. The whole outfit was so dark it may as well have been black.

>>81765320
But the SR suit is very low on detail. It's not much more noticeably detailed than the Reeves suit.
>>
File: batman 4.jpg (104KB, 1024x576px) Image search: [Google]
batman 4.jpg
104KB, 1024x576px
>>81765361
>Ben Affleck best batman
>not the only one that was even remotely scary
>>
>>81765384
even if you ignore the colours, the mos suit's design and fit are still far superior
>>
>>81765361
I honestly don't understand why people keep saying Affleck makes a great Batman. He doesn't bring much to the role, he just plays himself and is all in all very forgettable. I thought Bale did a much better job.
>>
>>81765407
that's the best batman movie

but imagine if Affleck was in it, with the current costume(+the underwear that Zach autistically removed), it would be even better
>>
>>81765407
There are a lot of words I would use to describe Michael Keaton but scary is not one of them.
>>
>>81765421
Disagree. The MOS suit has too much fake muscle padding. I'm not going to pretend the SR suit doesn't have any but it clearly doesn't have as much.

In this way you could argue Reeves is still the best because no padding on him.
>>
File: batman 1.jpg (81KB, 580x863px) Image search: [Google]
batman 1.jpg
81KB, 580x863px
>>81765468
That's Michael Keaton, not his version of Batman. He may be a manlet, but it's not really noticable in the movie. They filmed him really well. You can't look at the picture or this one and say he doesn't look like a guy who would fuck you up.
>>
>>81765436
no doubt bale is a much better actor, but he doesn't look like bruce wayne/batman, he is just bale to me

and his costume isn't true to the comic book, it's just a "realistic" tactical suit(which works for nolans batman story)
>>
DCEU casting ranking
>Elder God Tier
Gordon, Superman

>Great tier
Batman, Aquaman

>Meh tier
Flash, CGIborg

>was supposed to be Faora but got pregnant and switched the roles tier
Wonder Woman
>>
>>81765528
Possibly, but they made Batfleck look a lot more intimidating than Keaton ever did.
>>
>>81765436
>Cookie monster

You literally can't take him seriously
>>
>>81765567
Disagree. I didn't really feel anything when he was on screen and his fight scenes were designed specifically for people with ADHD.
>>
>>81765564
I hope Faora returns.

I miss Antje..
>>
File: thebatman.webm (967KB, 960x399px) Image search: [Google]
thebatman.webm
967KB, 960x399px
>>81765567
Intimidating, maybe. He was a bulked up old man. Scary.... not quite.
>>
>>81765564
IMO:

>Great tier
Batman, Superman, Joker

>terrible mistake tier
Lex Luthor

>meh tier
everyone else
>>
>>81765646
The first two acts of BvS are so underrated. Fuck Doomsday though
>>
>>81765682
I really hate Snyder but the movie itself wasn't awful. The writing could have been great tier if the film could back it up.
>>
>>81765483
sr suit's flaws:
suit was too tight and compressed routh's physique, who did gain muscle for the role even though you can't tell because of the suit. the muscle padding they added didn't help this, and just made it look weird. the deltoid padding really shows this in some scenes
neckline is way too high, and the way the cape is tucked into the neck just looks amateurish. like a little kid tucking a sheet into his shirt
ridiculous platform boots covered in S glyphs. just looks tacky and bad
chest shield way too small and looks glued on; doesn't mesh with the suit itself
visible seams make the suit look cheap
unnecessary shield on belt
briefs are cut too tight. look like the type gays wear at pride parades (probably singer's idea)
red way, way too dark
not really a suit problem, but routh's hairstyle was too long and made him look even younger

just a total botch job. unacceptable
>>
>>81765723
it tried to do so many things at once which is the result of DC wanting to catch up. i have huge faith in JL though since if the leaked plot is true its basically form team fight big bad
>>
>>81765808
Nah, Snyder's problem is always focusing on stupid shots and ignoring important shots. I don't fault him for the shoehorned vision shit but I fault him for random mountain scene and like an added 20 minutes of establishing shots.
>>
>>81765067
Looks fucking dumb compared to MoS.
>>
>>81765528
This is just about the only take where he looks scary, and even then the costume is obviously cheap rubber. Usually he's slow, clumsy, making odd poses, obviously a manlet, his lips make him look like he's making duckface and the eyes have to be shoddily covered in black makeup to make up for the oversized mask. Hell, the first movie starts with him showing his suit in a well illuminated rooftop, falling after getting shot and then having a lame action scene on par with TDKR.
>>
>>81765869
>for random mountain scene
This is geniunely how retarded Marvelets are. No wonder they're stuck with MCU trash when they can't even process character building scenes.
>>
>>81765808
the movie has too many flaws

even the base story of batman vs superman wasn't done well, their motivation to fight was pretty much non-existent, all the added garbage and subplots like doomsday and the middle east/CIA dogshit is just icing on the cake
>>
>>81765922
No it doesn't. None of those flaws exist but you cherrypicking invalid points and replying to yourself over and over again.
>>
>>81765922
>movie is called Batman vs. Superman
>they feel the need to throw in some random overpowered monster to fight instead
I still don't get it.
>>
>>81765949
I just told you the flaws you brainless drone, you didn't refute them you just went "lalala they don't exist i can't hear you"
>>
>>81765959
That's because you don't get the film at all and the sacrifice necessary for Superman to convert Batman into a believer.
>>
File: why.webm (2MB, 960x399px) Image search: [Google]
why.webm
2MB, 960x399px
>>81765897
Not the Costner part of it.
>>
>>81765980
They aren't flaws. You're litearlly just whining about empty shit with none of the substance to prove it. You've already ousted yourself ADD-riddled marlel for thinking character-building scenes are unneccessary. Never change faggot.
>>
>>81765729
Disagree. A lot of those are small details you don't notice when you watch the movie. I'd write an essay on why the MOS suit looks bad but that would be an even bigger waste of my time than posting on here. Go ahead and say what you want. Get it out of your system. I don't care and will ignore childish insults if you decide to go that way.

>>81765873
Disagree.

>>81765879
The entire rooftop scene in the beginning of the movie does a great job of making him scary. It has a lot to do with the atmosphere the scene sets up, something Snyder has no knowledge of apparently.
>>
>>81765995
It's an establishing shot you dumb fuck. It's honestly surprising just how dumb these Marvel drones really are.
>>
>>81765981
Yeah man, Superman sure looked smart flying around with that kryptonite spear which he could have just handed to Wonder Woman instead. But he didn't because I don't know, Zack Snyder is sexist?
>>
>>81766001
>>81765995
Though the actual costner scene is ridiculous and out of nowhere with a huge build up.

>>81766024
You are mistaken.
>>
>>81765897
Yeah, the mountain scene does a great job of building Supes as a character. For example, he is mentally ill and hallucinates a motivational speech from his dead father.
>>
>>81765995
Should've added some funny quips and Tony Stark looking funny into the camera so the ADD-riddled Marvel audience could cope. It lasts a whole 30 seconds after all.
>>
>>81766005
>A lot of those are small details you don't notice when you watch the movie.
not if you care about how superman looks. in a movie already as bad as sr, a superman i can't take seriously just makes things worse
>I'd write an essay on why the MOS suit looks bad but that would be an even bigger waste of my time than posting on here. Go ahead and say what you want. Get it out of your system. I don't care and will ignore childish insults if you decide to go that way.
ok? bye then
>>
>>81766047
I just don't know why he was up a mountain at all. Clearly the "He's going there to die" is wrong because he won't, what does it add? Snyder had an opportunity to shoehorn retarded mountain shots into the film so he did for absolutely no reason. He harms his films more than he helps.
>>
>>81766045
>Why is this scene happening
That's because you are a brainlet

>>81766047
And you too.

>>81766034
Yeah man, how like Superman to pass off all responsibility to Wonder Woman. Never mind the fact that she was busy pinning down Doomsday with her rope. Sure. I wonder what motivates someone to stretch this hard for flaws. Mental illnness? Kevin Feige salary?
>>
>>81765995
This part was not in the theatrical release.
>>
>>81766001
Ok fine, you can religiously defend that poorly made pile of crap of a movie without refuting my points, i dont care

you sound like a 15 year old, maybe you'll outgrow it one day
>>
>>81766083
Thank christ for that at least, shouldn't have been included in any release. Or filmed. Or storyboarded.
>>
>>81766074
>I just don't know why he was up a mountain at all
15 MCU movies does render your ability to understand crucial character moments destroyed.
>>
>>81766075
She wasn't doing jack shit in that scene. Your mind literally made up something that didn't happen in order to justify this nonsense.
>>
>>81766091
>literally whining over nothing and "why was superman having an introspective moment I DUN GEEET IT"
It's very hard to argue against retardation. Especially when they try really hard to be retarded every day non stop.
>>
>>81766108
Please go, I don't give a fuck about shitty MCU and nobody does. This is an awful scene setup. The costner part is great, just the.... random mountain. Walking. Up a mountain. Superman walks up a mountain.
>>
>>81766108
So BvS is basically modern art

It's a pile of steaming turds, but to pseudo-intellectual imbeciles like you it's the pinnacle of culture and sophistication
>>
>>81766062
Superman Returns isn't bad. That's just a meme ADD autismos created when it came out because it was "boring."
>>
>>81766075
>how like Superman to pass off all responsibility to Wonder Woman
Dying a very avoidable death because of "muh pride as a man" is the very definition of passing off responsibility to someone else.
>>
>>81766123
She was fighting Doomsday, she was pinning him down. If not for her, he would've never been rendered immobile for Superman to pierce. Also would Superman as a character really throw away his responsibility for like that?

Brainlets need every small detail explained to them. Not a surprise really after being exposed to so much MCU mind poison.
>>
>>81766153
what was their motivation to fight?
>>
>>81766155
Superman is climbing a mountain. Why is he climbing the mountain?
>>
>>81766155
I'm assuming your inability to understand this scene is precisely because you are a consumer of Marvel's feces. What other reason could there be? After all, even a child could process the importance of that scene. Why can't you?
>>
>>81766182
That's a pretty good example of retarded questions, yeah.

>>81766196
>>81766198
Why the fuck IS Superman walking up a mountain? I can understand the hallucination of Costner. Why the fucking mountain though?
>>
>>81766214
>I can understand the hallucination of Costner. Why the fucking mountain though?

He's going up there to be alone with his thoughts. I imagine to him it's one of the few truly quiet places.
>>
>>81766224
>>>/pol/
>>
>>81766224
lol Snyder drone is losing it
>>
>>81766214
It is an introspective moment of looking backwards at the lessons his father taught him at a moment of doubt. The mountain is an isolated location where he can collect his thoughts.

Brainlets don't understand that it's ok. Your understanding of films end at Tony Stark's quip fights with Cap America.
>>
File: 1488682139302.jpg (44KB, 523x521px) Image search: [Google]
1488682139302.jpg
44KB, 523x521px
>>81763966
Does someone still have the full script?

What was Chris thinkin when he made that script desu?
>>
>>81766250
>>81766233
He's very clearly not alone though, he has to walk through a bunch of randoms. Why would he walk if he's superman anyway?
>>
>>81766243
Hit a little to close to home there shitskin. Maybe one day you'll be free of shilling for Marvel for minimum rupees.
>>
>>81766265
>Why would he walk if he's superman anyway?
This is how low BvS threads have dropped when you allow MCUcks to shitpost relentlessly with no moderation. This is what we're discussing now. Why did he walk? Bravo MCUcks, Bravo!
>>
>>81766214
>Why the fuck IS Superman walking up a mountain? I can understand the hallucination of Costner. Why the fucking mountain though?
because Zach is trying to create an "epic" and he thinks walking up mountains and convoluted subplots and random unconnected scenes is what makes an epic
>>
These characters deserve so much better than the trash WB is putting out. It's so frustrating considering that they actually have a really good fit for Superman, but give him shit to work with.
>>
>>81766269
>>>/pol/
>>
>>81766289
And that's the real answer. It's cause snyder thinks it looks meaningful rather than actually being meaningful.
>>
>>81766162
>Superman Returns isn't bad

>first superman film in 20 years. first of the digital era
>write only one action scene
>ape the luthor landgrab plotpoint from the donner film
>give superman virtually no dialogue
>fuck the suit up
>cast a woman who looks 18 as lois lane
>give superman a kid

it was bad. and boring
>>
>>81766289
It's not convoluted or unconnected. You think that because you're a brainlet fed on Marvel's feces for a decade. Don't blame yourself though. It's a natural process.
>>
>>81766308
There was nobody else to hold the spear and superman didn't even think he was gonna die til he was already impaled.
>>
>>81766313
>>cast a woman who looks 18 as lois lane
I see no problem with this.
>>
>>81766344
what's really bad is the flash vision
>ITS BECAUSE OF LOIS
And then batman basically never meets lois. That was pulled from a comic snyder ripped off for visuals that has absolutely no context within the film.
>>
>>81766344
lois is supposed to be a mature woman, not a young girl
>>
>>81766360
He's talking about Returns you inbred shitskin.
>>
>>81766182
Superman disapproves of Batman's violent methods, Batman is paranoid and afraid of Superman's power. Luthor stokes the flames by engineering the murder of a branded prisoner to force Clark to confront Bruce, he also makes Bruce blame himself for the Capitol bombing by forging letters from Wallace Keefe. Of course Clark wouldn't actually kill Bruce unless he was forced to, so Luthor kidnaps his mother and offers her life for Batman's head.
>>
>>81766374
No he isn't.
>>
>16 posters
So the same three brainlet Marvel drones who can't understand a vital introspective character moment samefagging endlessly. They reveal their true colors here. A good thread for all to see.
>>
>>81766387
Actually, yes I am. Not that I'd be against an 18 year old Amy Adams.
>>
>>81766386
Superman thinks he's a criminal and straight up says so. The brand was literally a death sentence so Batman was straight up killing people. Luthor isn't even implied to have engineered it, just bringing it to Clark's attention.

The real conflict is Superman having to ask for help from someone he BELIEVES is a criminal while trying to stay pure and never compromise.
>>
>>81766404
I think you've thoroughly proven my point.
>>
>>81766252
He probably figured that since he knew what nerds hated he could make something they'd like. Didn't work out though because he has no talent. Then he made that cringy video about how he wasn't owned, and claimed his shitty reviews saved people from suicide.
>>
>>81766388
What motivates someone to religiously defend a pile of dogshit like BvS? Does WB pay you to shill their failed movies? They need to rethink their strategy because you're doing a terrible job.
>>
>>81766313
>only one action scene

plane scene, bullet to the eye scene, runaway car scene.

>land plot from Donner film

Fair enough, but it didn't bother me that much

>Superman has little dialogue

I see no problem with this. I though making him less talkative was an interesting choice.

>fuck the suit up

Debatable

>woman who looks 18 is Lois

She was literally 19 I think, and that's a good point, but it is by no means a glaring flaw

>give superman a kid

Yeah, that was a weird decision, but I wouldn't call it a glaring flaw either.

>it was boring

MOS was boring.
>>
>>81766412
>Luthor isn't even implied to have engineered it

In the ultimate edition you see Anatoli Knyazev ordering a prisoner to carry out the murder. I didn't actually like that bit, I thought it removed the moral ambiguity.
>>
>>81765196
funny superman doesnt need the garbage youre defending either
>>
Today, we taught Marvelets the meaning of introspection and isolation to clear your mind and come to your senses about what's good and wrong.

I hope they've learned their lesson and not return tomorrow with a sudden amnesia as they have in the past.
>>
>>81766387
Literal retard right here.
>>
THE DELEGATES DAHNALD, GIVE THEM TO ME
>>
>>81766481
Sounds like a forfeit to me.
>>
>>81766450
>Yes it is.
Thanks for agreeing.
>>
the scene is a waste of time, it adds nothing to the flick, it adds nothing to supermans character
>>
>>81766483
Why are DCfags so deluded?
>>
>>81766470
not him but never post in this thread again. your shit taste can be smelled through the catalog
>>
>>81766576
They're probly just paid shills. I'm sure Marvel has them too.
>>
>>81766508
there is nothing "forfeit". We got the superior suit and the trash one your'e defending is long forgotten
>>
>>81766576
I hope beyond that corporate wars agenda you got going on, you actually learned something today past relentless shitposting. Have a good day!
>>
>>81766584
Eh, Marvel makes enough money without needing anyone to shill for them. They make damn good movies which people love.
>>
>>81766470
>plane scene
only genuine action sequence in the whole 2h+ film. not good enough
>bullet to the eye scene
lame. boring. no relevance to the plot or characters
>runaway car scene
lame. boring
>I see no problem with this
yeah superman films really benefit from having as little superman as possible
>Debatable
most things are. however the majority of fans didn't like the suit and still don't
>but it is by no means a glaring flaw
poor casting for the lead female character is significant and affects the overall film
>I wouldn't call it a glaring flaw either
it was ridiculous and embarrassing. a "what were they thinking" decision
>MOS was boring
ok. didn't say anything about mos though
>>
>>81766599
You should be asking yourself the same question.
>>
>>81766610
Most of their budget is marketing, paid shills are marketing.
>>
>>81766639
Meh, no, shilling is not effective.
>>
>>81766470
>>81766628
They gave Superman a kid because that was meant to be the end of that Superman timeline. Duh?
>>
You know I just had a thought.

Man of Steel is a masterpiece. Marvel has never, and will never, even come close to making such a high caliber, perfect movie.

You may commence with the angry nuh uh replies. They will all be futile because you know that I am right.
>>
File: marvel twitter bot.jpg (385KB, 1352x903px) Image search: [Google]
marvel twitter bot.jpg
385KB, 1352x903px
>>81766610
>Eh, Marvel makes enough money without needing anyone to shill for them
lol

That's precisely WHY they make money.
>>
>>81766672
>They gave Superman a kid because
who cares? it was stupid and damaged the film
>>
>>81766652
Doesn't mean it isn't cost effective. For $10 a day I could probly hire some 3rd worlder to shitpost nonstop. Why wouldn't Marvel or DC do it?
they do
>>
>>81766673
Are you that butthurt that you got your posts deleted?
>>
File: bane.jpg (82KB, 673x1020px) Image search: [Google]
bane.jpg
82KB, 673x1020px
>>81766652
>Meh, no, shilling is not effective.
Then why are you people here?
>>
>>81766578
You probably like modern capeshit and star wars.

>>81766628
All this unbridled hate for a movie you don't like. Really gets the noggin joggin
>>
>>81766696
>reason that explains why it wasn't stupid
>WHO CARES IT WAS STUPID LALALA CAN'T HEAR YOU
>>
>>81766703
I think you're talking to the wrong person son. I just dropped into this thread to share some irrefutable truth.

Carry on.
>>
>>81766673
Absolutely right. Man of Steel a very memorable film and well shot and directed. Does anyone even remember a Marvel from 2013? Does anyone here do? Or even from 2014? Or 2015?
>>
>>81766696
Superman has a kid in the comics...
>>
>>81766720
Oh, so you actually got banned for it and you know that admitting it would get you in trouble. That's even funnier.
>>
>>81765067
>yfw they had to reduce his bulge size post-production coz it was too distracting
>>
>>81766711
>All this unbridled hate for a movie you don't like
as opposed to unbridled love for a movie i dislike? makes you think
>>81766716
>"hey let's go see the new superman movie. i hear he has a kid in this one! that sounds awesome!"
said no one ever. fuck off singer
>>
Why don't we ever have threads about Marvel movies?
>>
>>81766767
What is with this scenario? The kid thing isn't revealed until the end. Nobody would go to see the movie for it because it's supposed to be a surprise.
>>
>>81766737
Again, your anger is misdirected. Try not to take it so hard. You seem to be caught up in a rage cycle directed at some other user.

Try doing something else with your life other than arguing with strangers online. Perhaps that will help with your anger issues?
>>
>>81766731
he also does lots of stupid shit in the comics. maybe they should put that in the movies
>>
>>81766770
Hard to say much about perfection, whereas with DC movies there are very identifiable flaws to discuss.
>>
>>81766770
Because for the most part they are largely forgettable.
>>
File: 1418519369816.png (127KB, 257x250px) Image search: [Google]
1418519369816.png
127KB, 257x250px
>>81766214
>Why the fuck IS Superman walking up a mountain? I can understand the hallucination of Costner. Why the fucking mountain though?
Why does this man with a burdened soul take a fucking walk? Seriously?

It's like you've never stepped outside your NEETroom.
>>
>>81766783
>I express my sheer amusement
>Your response: "lol u mad u mad stay mad bro"
Are you really surprised I can tell it's you?
>>
>>81766770
I think people are trying to be ironic with pretending WB's version of the DC universe is any good. Yeah, there are certainly fans who will love the characters no matter how they're shit on, but the level of some of the threads is a bit over the to.

/tv/ is the same place where they've been doing Bane threads for half a decade daily without fail, so... not too surprising some people would find doing something so retarded funny.
>>
>>81766803
>Hard to say much about perfection
HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

Good one
>>
>>81766820
I get what it's supposed to mean, like Snyder had seen it somewhere else and thought "Yeah, that's what Superman should look like" but it doesn't fit at fucking all. Why would that even be put into a movie? Who let that through the editing room?
>>
Watching a marvel movie is like eating at McDonald's. It fills you up for a time, but it's nothing you'll think about afterwards. They have no staying power.
>>
>>81766840
Indeed, good truth.
>>
>>81766767
I've been civil. You've insulted me repeatedly for no reason and you're acting like Superman Returns killed your mother.
>>
>>81766832
These threads are always polluted with the same three Marvel drones shitposting circlejerks until a DCBro walks in to set their shit straight, just as this thread.

>>81766820
It really makes you wonder just who those people who shitpost ITT really are. I'm geniunely curious.
>>
>>81766844
have you never been so distraught in the head that you take a walk outside to clear your thoughts?

supes has a lot of shit on his mind, the world keeps judging him like the big meany heads they are and batman is being a dick.
>>
>>81766854
i haven't posted any insults. unless jokingly calling you bryan singer is one
>>
>>81766830
I can only tell you again that you're clearly talking to the wrong person.

And I can only comment that you're really hung up on the anger you have towards some total stranger on the internet over a difference of opinions on comic book movies.

Please reevaluate your life friend.
>>
>>81766847
Also gives you a bad diarrheea. Atleast that's my experience with the latest McDonald's and Marvel exposure.
>>
>>81766872
I have never walked up a mountain full of mexicans to be alone with my thoughts of Kevin Costner, no.
>>
>>81766289
Ever heard of people going for a walk to think?

This is supes doing that
>>
>>81765067
>overly darkened colors
>prefers brown boots and cape
The BvS cape and boots are a way more vibrant shade of red, and the metallic texture makes the whole costume shine against more dynamic lighting
>>
>>81766884
You keep repeating yourself even though you know you're wrong. Just like you did before you got banned. It's funny how shitposters like yourself fall into patterns like that.
>>
>>81766889
>i have never walked up a mountain
that's because you're not fucking superman. you take the pleb stroll in the suburbs at 11:30pm like the rest of us.
>>
>>81766595
I mean the suit we have no is just going to be a joyful reminder of how the DCEU crashed and burned
>>
File: C8ffxJzXcAAiWwH.jpg (158KB, 780x1199px) Image search: [Google]
C8ffxJzXcAAiWwH.jpg
158KB, 780x1199px
>>81766872
They don't understand the concept of a man having a moment of isolation and introspection. it's literally beyond their manchild Marvel mindset that a character might ponder his decisions and wrongdoings in peace. I feel sorry for them. I want them to join us in the sun but I don't think that's possible anymore.
>>
>>81766896
Yeah, in a movie that dark you need the shine.

>>81766911
>11:30pm
>not 3am
But still, its a fucking mountain. Did he fly to the base of the mountain to walk up or did he walk all the way from the USA?
>>
It's funny how low the IP count in this thread is. So many DC-loving losers pretending to be "enlightened" when it's really just the same people posting over and over again.
>>
>>81766928
flew there and then started walking

it's analogous to jack from lost driving to the stadium so he could run the steps.
>>
>>81766862
>set their shit straight
But they're claiming that the WB DC movies are good

Or am I misunderstanding you?
>>
>>81766929
Yeah because the first 100 replies weren't the same three MCUcks whining about mountains until a DCBro walked in and set their manchild shenanigans straight.
>>
>>81765067
That terrible collar that looks like it's choking him with the cape stuck in...

That tiny ass s symbol...

That suit is horrible
>>
>>81766922
is that some kingdom come? the pastel watercolor thing grew on me. it's pretty kino.
>>
>>81763966
>Bruce Wayne lost his secret identity like a retard to Superman, Lex, Mercy, Diana and God knows how many people
>Can't figure it out who Superman is even infront of his face
Goddamnit. Fucking Sndyerverse where everyone is dumb or edgy.
>>
>>81766944
Nah, it was just you whining at them.
>>
WHY DID SUPERMAN WALK I DUN GET IT HE COULD'VE JUST FLOWN WHY DIDN'T HE JUST PUNCH BATMAN TO DEATH I DUN GEET IT WHY DIDN'T HE JUST FLEE FROM DOOMSDAY UGH THIS ISN'T LIKE MY MARVELS AT ALL AAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHH
>>
>>81766960
Zach Snyder REALLY should've read Kingdom Come before he did Man of Steel, so he could have actually gotten a feel what Superman was about. Superman is supposed to give a shit about people, even when everyone else is so focused on beating the villains.
>>
>>81766973
Set their shit real straight. The posters that arrived afterwards saw the clusterfuck of manchildren whining over long isolated walks aswell. You've exposed yourself bad. It's very embarrassing. I can understand why you want to deny it ever happening. I would too if I was you.
>>
>>81766700
Wow that's pretty queer, nice art though. Reminds me of Incase.
>>
>>81767003
It's funny how mad you are.
>>
>>81766992
>Superman is supposed to give a shit about people
He does in MoS. Moreso than any other film version of Superman. He does so at an extent that he passed the unforgivable threshold and took another of his species' life just so he could protect people. He took the sin so mankind would be protected. That means a lot. The meaning of sacrifice to protect.
>>
>>81766922
>Superman saves a bunch of white kids
>>
At this point I'm convinced that all the unwarranted praise for the DC films in threads like these is a false flag to try and get people to hate DC even more.
>>
>>81767036
And then in BvS that's reversed when he accidentally kills all those people.
>>
>>81767047
they look kind of hispanic to me
>>
>>81767051
Kills who?
>>
>>81767074
The fight with Zod ends up killing a bunch of bystanders while he's busy snapping necks.
>>
>>81766949
Disagree. It's not the best but it doesn't bother me that much. I like the movie for different reasons.
>>
>>81767036
as he destroys Metropolis and countless people die, without him batting an eye.

The "kill Zod" scene was horribly convoluted in order for Snyder to make Superman "cooler", because he didn't want a "pussy" Superman who wouldn't kill.

Snyder is a wonderful visual director, but he needs to work with already existing material and have no hand in original work. Anyone who saw Sucker Punch could've saw this coming.
>>
>>81767036
He also did it in Superman 2. He also didn't kill nearly as many innocent people.
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OxF5Gw9kz3Q
>>
>>81765067
Jesus those boots look so disconnected from the rest of the costume. Like he found them in his dad's closet and just said ''fuck it i'm spray-painting these''.
>>
>>81767050
that or these Snyderdrones are underage and genuinely obsessed with le gritty kewl DCEU
>>
>>81767155
No, nobody can be this idiotic without really trying. They're just pretending.
>>
>>81767036
>He does
>half of town destroyed
>doesn't help to rebuild it
>not even saying about he caused thousands of deaths and have statue for that
>>
>>81767103
Oh man, you've got to see this quote I found.

>Following the revelations during his interview, a frenzied Dr. Manhattan is surrounded by reporters screaming questions. In the novel, he makes them all vanish and reappear outside. In the movie, he makes himself vanish and reappear on Mars. "In the director's cut, he beams them all out," Zack said. "That was just a little time-saving device to move us along in the [story] of Manhattan." But wait, it gets cooler: "In the director's cut, you don't know what he did with those people," Snyder grinned wickedly, implying that Manhattan may have killed the reporters. "You don't see them in the parking lot. We don't PG-13 them; you just don't know where they went."
>>
>>81767191
well we don't see him explicitly rebuilding, but that doesn't mean he didn't. he could probably speed things up since he can weld with his heat vision.
>>
>>81767224
Well, we don't see him raping Metrolopis children either. There is not a single mention of him helping to rebuild homes of people. so he didn't do it
>>
>>81767291
Good point, Superman probably raped children off screen. Why does anyone like this character, again?
>>
File: 1436674817275.png (34KB, 633x758px) Image search: [Google]
1436674817275.png
34KB, 633x758px
>tfw MoS superman is 10/10 aesthetically but his dialogue is always garbage Snyder vomit
>>
>>81767083
He is fighting Zod for the explicit purpose of protecting those in Metropolis from a berserk Zod.

The theme of Superman not being able to save all is a recurring one.
>>
>>81765436
Bale was an awful batman. he had no charisma or presence at all in the movies.

He is obviously a better actor than Affleck, it's probably a result of Nolan's awful direction it's that way. almost all characters in Nolan films are boring and one dimensional.
>>
File: marvelet tries to solve bvs.jpg (298KB, 1753x684px) Image search: [Google]
marvelet tries to solve bvs.jpg
298KB, 1753x684px
This was a fun thread. Have this OC as permanent reminder.
>>
>>81767524
And what does Affleck have?
>>
File: Homer smile.png (278KB, 507x501px) Image search: [Google]
Homer smile.png
278KB, 507x501px
>>81767614
>he put that much effort into hiding his inability to defend a shit movie
>>
>>81767662
Still overwhelmed by a mountain marvelet? Shiiiit, this explains the state of MCU so much more.
>>
>>81767614
Oh, this thread is far from over.
It's a bit sad that you put all that work into an image that nobody is going to repost.
>>
>>81765959

It ties nicely into the theme of xenophobia. Lex Luthor, a powerful evil capitalist summons an uncontrollabe monster that threatens to wipe out humanity because of his irrational hatred of an immigrant. Lex is actually a pretty great caricature of the brand of young, fashionable right wing extremism that is currently plaguing western society. A bratty rich kid with daddy issues who wants to save the world from those evil foreigners.
>>
>>81767614
bvs is shit
>>
>>81767672
>work
>literally just screencapped three samefagging retards
Maybe for the brainlet needing to have a moment of isolation explained to him.
>>
>>81767673
Now this is a good interpretation.
>>
>>81767692
No need to be modest. You put in so much work, and nobody cares! Sad!
>>
>>81767642
a lot more depth than Bale had
>>
>>81767673
I disagree, Lex's dispute with Superman isn't immigration. It's him taking a God-like role when Lex's childhood traumas have made him absolutely certain the all-good all-powerful don't exist. He is offended by Superman, having his childhood sufferings trivialized by his presence.
>>
>>81767671
Keep going.
>>
>>81767726
How does Affleck have depth? Explain.
>>
>>81765897
This is geniunely how retarded Marvelets are. No wonder they're stuck with MCU trash when they can't even process character building scenes.
>>81766024
It's an establishing shot you dumb fuck. It's honestly surprising just how dumb these Marvel drones really are.
>>81766051
Should've added some funny quips and Tony Stark looking funny into the camera so the ADD-riddled Marvel audience could cope.
>>81766198
I'm assuming your inability to understand this scene is precisely because you are a consumer of Marvel's feces.
>>81766324
It's not convoluted or unconnected. You think that because you're a brainlet fed on Marvel's feces for a decade.
>>81766388
>16 posters
So the same three brainlet Marvel drones who can't understand a vital introspective character moment samefagging endlessly.
>>81766483
Today, we taught Marvelets the meaning of introspection and isolation to clear your mind and come to your senses about what's good and wrong.

Fucking hell, you see this ? You the dc fans are the first to mntion marvel in a thread about bvs from dc, you realise a pattern ? Those first few mention of dc all are response to some minor criticism of the movie, you have a problem when instead of discussing the mpvie like any intelligent person would you start ressorting to petty insult and bad comparison, especially those who praise the genius of the movie. You're more retarded than you think and believe to have uncovered a giant conspiracy aiming every thread abput superman by disney shills. In reality its pure retardation close mindeness
>>
>>81767614
>n-no, it's not retarded at all that Superman created his father's motivational speech in his mind!
>>
>>81767726
>bad as detective
>bad as superhero
>bad at keeping his secret identity from anyone
>easy to manipulate
>depth
Nice one, mate.
>>
File: 1405178144879.png (137KB, 300x300px) Image search: [Google]
1405178144879.png
137KB, 300x300px
>>81767614
>>81767671
Are you the Swedish /v/edditor?
>>
>>81767761
Don't think so hard about it. I don't "believe" anything. I'm just shitposting because I can.
>>
File: dude paint lmao.jpg (82KB, 600x656px) Image search: [Google]
dude paint lmao.jpg
82KB, 600x656px
>>81767761
Autism: The Post.
>>
File: marvel quips bot.png (333KB, 1736x811px) Image search: [Google]
marvel quips bot.png
333KB, 1736x811px
>>81767761
We know who you are. There's nothing you love more than to shitpost with impunity but we know who you are. You've already revealed your hand long ago.
>>
>>81767731

And yet he displays no such behaviour towards the other superhumans he spied on and even designed cute little logos for them, implying he viewed them as potential allies. Sure, they aren't as powerful as him but I think what makes the difference to him is the fact that they're all native to earth.
>>
File: affleck-justin.jpg (14KB, 236x354px) Image search: [Google]
affleck-justin.jpg
14KB, 236x354px
>>81767776
>he still doesn't get it
Shill keeps giving me more fodder to put in the OC. Keep it up!
>>
>>81767777
you are confusing character with acting ability.
>>
>>81767830
None of them are as worshipped and divine-like in power and stature as Superman is. Lex wanted to become a savior, probably by creating his own Justice League but then comes Superman, worshipped as all-goood and all-powerful completely ruining his egoistic plans of being seen the savior of mankind.

Superman is salt on the wound for him. The first being that he steals his Lex's image of a savior of the masses. The second being that he trivializes Lex's shitty childhood with his overwhelming strength.
>>
>>81767839
Well, Affleck acted as good as he could with that shitty script. Bale acted pretty good too. His Bruce is believable not-giving-a-fuck playboy and his Batman is young Bruce who is idealist and trying to fight criminals as much as he can.
>>
File: Satchel.jpg (36KB, 263x411px) Image search: [Google]
Satchel.jpg
36KB, 263x411px
>>81767835
When shitposting goes too far
>>
>>81767902
BvS Bruce was written extremely well and the best part is that they left so much in there for people to clue out for themselves. It's very intentional subtlety that is meant to give the tone of a dark and broken man, while never explicitly stating it.

A natural progression for the Batman character after TDK trilogy. They did well not just repeat Nolan's Batman into the DCEU.
>>
>>81767961
AHAHAHAHAHA
>>
>>81767961
>>81767777
>shitty version of miller's Batman
>progression
Sure thing, mate.
>>
>>81768047
Good post. Really made me change my mindset on life.
>>
>>81768098
BWAAAAAAAHAHAHAHA
>>
>>81767800
Come on now, im not even talking about the movie, i'm saying that maybe you shouldn't mention marvel and try to discuss the movie. Shit, you have a problem when yo see everyone who doesnt praise the movie as a shill.
>>
>>81768585
Difference between not liking a movie and spending 10 hours a day for years engaging in autistic shitposting circlejerks. It's apparent by now. There's a difference between disliking and being daily actively engaged in relentless shitposting.
>>
>>81768642
You're one to talk.
>>
>>81768700
Yes? I'm the one to talk if I enjoy a film series. I don't engage in petty shitposting for 10 hours a day for years. I mean what motivates someone to spend their (what I assume) is their free time on constantly doing these shitposting circlejerks? It's not even a secret it's the same three-four posters given how they spell and the numerous typos they make in each post. What motivates someone to become like that? What motivates someone to spend 10 hours daily on threads that you know is about a film you don't like but you're going to shitpost in anyways?

Let me tell you why, because it's no longer about discussion. It's about narrative. Set the narrative that this film is bad or good. Set the narrative by daily engaging in these retarded ass fuck circlejerk shitposting threads. These people don't dislike BvS or DCEU. They have simply a desire to smear it no matter its quality. Personal opinions are not valid. It doesn't matter. It all repeats itself daily in the exact same pattern with the exact same posters. A person who dislikes something learns to ignore it, a person who hates something with a vengeance is obsessed with it daily. Guess which group you're in? The only surprise now is why the mods haven't stepped in to get to the bottom of this shit. I urge them to do so.
>>
>>81768931
Well, this is probably your first good post in this thread.
>>
>>81765067
Was not a fan of this suit. I infinitely prefer Cavill's.
>>
>>81766108
Ole Marvel safety net, try and discuss the topic without assuming anyone with criticism (value or not) is automatically in love or likes Marvel.

Merits of the film should not be constrained to only be compared with other superhero films
>>
>>81766969
No, he is just fit with previous cinematic Batmen.

It's better anyway than in comics where only Hugo Strange and Tim Drake figured it out. It makes literally everyone in DC universe mega retard.
>>
>>81769593
Discussion of a film is inherently bound to contemporary film. Ignoring that would be ignorant. Nothing can be discussed "on its own" without drawing parallels to other works, as no work isn't dependant on a different work.
>>
>>81766386
Very much this. I hope we get a scene of Bruce showing mercy to his parents' own murderer in his early career(they cast a guy young enough for him to still be active by the time Bruce is), and that it contrasts with his eventual fall. It will drive home the point of how his career took its toll on him. This may sound strange, but whatever the actual circumstances of his fall end up being, I hope they're terrible, like something where you're left thinking, "Yeah, don't blame him one bit. I'd do exactly the same."

I'm talking the finale of Se7en, cranked up to 11.
>>
>>81765608
>I didn't really feel anything when he was on screen and his fight scenes were designed specifically for people with ADHD.
You're an idiot.
>>
>>81768931
Good post, my friend.
>>
>>81769869
Easier to insult me instead of explaining why you think I'm wrong I guess.
>>
>>81766992
I think Snyder understands the character a lot better than you think he does, because he also seems to have an incredibly firm grasp of what heroism is.

I know they left it out because they thought it would further darken an already dark installment of the franchise, but I really wish we could see the scene with Clark dropping all his "filters" and looking for his mom, just to be flooded with all the crime, tragedy, and horror he has to ignore on a daily basis(shit, daily? Hourly, every minute) just to have some semblance of a normal existence.

No one is a full-time hero. It's a choice you make again and again with every single opportunity. That's why as I've grown older, I've taken more and more issue with that famous, pithy phrase - "With great power comes great responsibility." That's catchy. It's a nice sentiment, and I know it's supposed to convey that a good person feels a responsibility to do good in the world, but it's just a little *too* catchy, and the ambiguity as to the nature of that responsibility, where it comes from, gets lost in rote repetition.

And it's not really true.

No one has any greater responsibility to be a hero than anyone else. It may be easier for one man to be a hero than another. Greater power may afford one more opportunities to be a hero, but that feeling of responsibility comes from the heart of the man, not from the world around him. That responsibility either falls on all of us or none of us, and it's the person who steps up to the challenge that is the hero.

What's the last line we hear before his rescue montage begins?

"I can't believe they're going to let that poor girl die."

No one else is stepping up(maybe no one else can, but that's debatable), so he feels that he must.
>>
reminder the DCEU is the bizzaro universe

>aquaman is useful
>wonder woman is useful
>wonder woman is a stick
>batman is a moron
>superman is a mopey moron
>lex luthor is a moronic twink
>zod is a soldier trying to do his duty rather than a megalomaniacal wannabe dictator
>the kents are horrible parents

and so much more
>>
>>81770770
uh, stupid person, MoS was literally built around the trolly dilemma. Having power puts you at the lever and you can't save everyone.

>as I've gotten older
If you're over 17 and thinking this deeply about superhero movies you're clearly posting from a permanent care facility.
>>
>>81764904
That's the only Superman costume that looks acceptable so far. All the rest look like tight pajamas with an S slapped on chest. Literally elementary school first dress up party.
>>
>>81767961
I hope Bane has nothing to do with his fall this time, unless he's basically the Joker's "Doomsday."
>>
File: 3 doors down.jpg (351KB, 650x1406px) Image search: [Google]
3 doors down.jpg
351KB, 650x1406px
>>81766214
>Why the fuck IS Superman walking up a mountain?
>>
>>81771085
Yes goy stop think about the media you consume just turn off your brain
>>
>>81771225
vs
>this isn't shit just keep thinking about it until it makes sense to you
>>
>>81771085
>Having power puts you at the lever and you can't save everyone.

No one puts your hand on the lever but you. If you think any differently, you're just another face in the crowd waiting for a man in the sky to come fix all the problems.
>>
>>81771192
why is he speaking a shitty pop song to an old lady
>>
>>81771346
negro the lever is a fucking metaphor, you're at it, at all times, the more power you have, the more people you're aware are on the tracks, and you can't save anyone.

Choosing to do nothing is letting people die.
>>
>>81771336
Yes goooy turn off your brain no need to think about anything and if you do it's bad
>>
>>81763966
All these desperate DCucks. Whats the matter not getting enough attention
>>
File: super shot.gif (2MB, 302x347px) Image search: [Google]
super shot.gif
2MB, 302x347px
>>81771364
because its an edit
>>
>>81766722
Iron man 3 made more money than Man of Steel.
>>
>>81767524
Ultimately, the Nolan movies ended up being more about Nolan telling a grim personal drama about this guy called Bruce Wayne with abandonment issues, and not the hypercompetant genius playboy billionaire of the comics. From that angle, I say Bale did just fine-it's just Nolan's directing doesn't really leave much of an opening for charisma in the main character.

But yeah, I don't get the Affleck hype at all. If anything thus far he's been way more one-note than Bale.
>>
>>81770998
>reminder the DCEU is the bizzaro universe

>>aquaman is useful
>>wonder woman is useful
Meme
>>wonder woman is a stick
Always was
>>batman is a moron
Always was
>>superman is a mopey moron
No, he is not.
>>lex luthor is a moronic twink
How?
>>zod is a soldier trying to do his duty rather than a megalomaniacal wannabe dictator
t.didn't watched/read anything with Zod besides Superman 2
>>the kents are horrible parents
How?

>and so much more
Yeah, more stupid straws.
>>
>>81770998
To be fair, bizarro universes come up all the time. Also you forgot-

>Enchantress' powers work by using the whip and the ne-ne to build a planet-busting magical particle accelerator
>Amanda Waller works with Batman instead of against him
>Captain Boomerang is a neckbeard
>Doomsday is a literal cave troll
>>
>>81771535
you thought about a movie that was essentially a rubbageheap of "cool" comic frames and plotlines stripped of context and jammed into a blender with some testosterone pills, some philosophy 101 cliffnotes, and 12 giant black novelty dildos until it made sense.

You think this means you're smart, yet you don't understand the most basic point of the trolly dilemma and the extremely labored point MoS was trying to make.

You're an idiot. The DCEU is on your level. Therefore you think it is intelligent. Because you lack the mental capacity to recognize your own idiocy.
>>
>>81771634
Didn't answer the question.
>>
>>81771746
Leaking this much asspain shit. Did Snyder fuck your mother or do you just really like the MCU?
>>
My biggest issues with these films is how shallow Superman's characterization is. He saves people, but it's never really explored why he took up the mantle and cape. Is it because he's genuinely altruistic? Is it because his space dad told him to? Is it just because that's what the comic counterpart does that he's originally based on? We need more insight into Superman's head, and this was especially needed in BvS. The opening montage shows he's somehow burdened by some kind of unhappiness or unfulfilled by helping all these people, but he's relegated to more a plot point that other characters react to rather than his own character.

I thought BvS was muddled all around, but the one moment I was really looking forward to was when he finally decided to speak at the hearing. We would finally see Superman give a speech telling us and the world what he's about, but NOPE. Everybody blows up.
>>
>>81771733
I've only seen the movies once, I'm probably forgetting a whole fucking lot.

I'm really just keeping hope that at some point snyder is going to do kingdom come and have the DCEU get invaded with the competent and intelligent analogues to the DCEU's roster in with the means, intent, and a reasoned plan to make their world a better place, and have the justice friends fight them off.
>>
>>81771387
Or doing something while keeping low profile to avoid problems.
Basically what Clark did before putting on costume and what father told him to do.
>>
>>81771787
>My biggest issues with these films is how shallow Superman's characterization is.
He isn't. And we already explained to you. Snyder's Superman is more nuanced than any other Superman put on film prior.
>>
>>81771778
Your lack of counter-argument and projection is noted.
>>
>>81771733
The Enchantress wasn't trying to bust anything but technology.
>>
>>81771787
it has to do with how "superman" and snyder's clark/kal-el are two completely different characters, yet one has to be the other due to studio edicts. They keep trying to add depth to the "superman" character, but its ultimately irrelevant because at the end of the day, the character has to completely ignore all the "deep and mature" stuff that happens to him and be superman, otherwise it won't be a superman movie.
>>
>>81771845

>Snyder's Superman is more nuanced than any other Superman put on film prior.
Yes, it's so subtle it's not even there.
>>
>>81771848
Desperate to push that reply eh? It's ok your incoherent ramblings are very fun to watch.
>>
>>81771830
yes, for years clark just let more people die than he would've had he gone full superman earlier.
>>
File: Wondy.jpg (187KB, 260x386px) Image search: [Google]
Wondy.jpg
187KB, 260x386px
>>81771699
Not him but to be fair-

>wonderstick

Pic related

>mopey moron

Lex's little blackmail-him-by-forcing-him-to-choose-between-two-women-to-save plan was predicated on Supes forgetting about his super hearing at a convenient moment. Neither was tied up in a super-soundproof room or anything.

Also, jar of piss. Just saying, that shit's the domain of the Joker or Deadpool-not Lex.

>>81771819
Eh, as objectively flawed as they are I actually find 'em unintentionally hilarious because of the blunders, and at least after the longass buildups, the actions sequences more or less deliver. It's like someone gave a B-movie script a blockboster's budget.

>competant and intelligent analogues to the DCEU's roster

Now that said, I have to say I feel you're being way too optimistic here.

So far, they've pretty much peaked at Zod.
>>
>>81771925
It's there and it's not even subtle but for a brainlet it might be. Want me to explain to you you again why he went up the mountain? Or have you finally processed it now?
>>
>>81771945
So is this evidence you've literally broken your mind trying to make sense of the DCEU? To the point where you can't understand straight forward logic and arguments?
>>
>>81771986
It's honestly mind boggling to me just how few brain cells you need to have to be confused by the DCEU. I always thought the rumors of people not understanding DCEU to be a myth until I read these threads.
>>
>>81771966
I really just want to see magog remixed into a good guy.
>>
>>81771984
I'm not talking about the fucking mountain that you and some other guy have for some reason latched onto. I'm talking about the fact that Superman needs more depth and exploration about why he's Superman and what he hopes to achieve.
>>
>>81771387
You know, of course, that's pretty much what I've already said, right?

There's a clipping on Wally's cork board about Superman saving a starving homeless man. That's Clark pulling the lever in a small way. How many people didn't pull the lever before he got there?
>>
>>81772027
The only people confused by the DCEU are the people who've confused themselves into thinking it isn't garbage
>>
>>81772050
And there is exactly that in both MoS and BvS.
>>
>>81771952
Yes, like those oil rig workers.
>>
>>81772098
I disagree.
>>
>>81772063
>trolly scenerio
>he saves a starving homeless man

that means he let more people die

if we're going to try to pretend the DCEU is remotely realistic, that means this severely de-powered superman, taking time to save a starving homeless man (who's likely homeless because hes convinced himself money is evil and will steal his soul and all food has ground up glass in it, etc, etc) then while he was doing that, something more catastrophic was guaranteed to have happened elsewhere.
>>
>>81772100
>spend months on a fishing boat
>happen to hear about a burning oil rig
>this forgives the months wasted on a fishing boat

every second he wasn't as plugged into current events as possible he was letting people die. Essentially standing at the lever with his eyes closed until someone on the track saw him and said "uh, hey, could you pull that?"
>>
>>81772067
This. The marvel-DC rivalry in these parts baffles me. They're both garbage, it's not a difficult concept to grasp. They're just garbage in different ways.

>>81772050
>>81772143

I think the first movie tried to cover all of it in the first half. Lil' Clark being sensitive and having talks with pa, the oil rig, the grandstanding with general whatsit-and whatever you think of it, pa Kent's sacrifice.

All culminating in Man of Murder. With all the shit about Martha, Lewis and Dream!Flash, the second movie was really less about Supes finding a reason to be Superman, and more finding a reason to not embrace Man of Murderdom.

Basically they're playing Supes as this confused, hurting but vaguely idealistic guy with issues who presumably is intended to grow into a true hero via subsequent films. I'd say the overall execution has had its' ups and downs, but at the very least it's novel for big screen supes.
>>
>>81772100
Which was a great moment for him, it's a shame he never dedicated his life to saving people until some other father figure told him to.

Clark is such a pussy with a father complex in MoS. Like, the your dad is dead, and you're more than capable of figuring out what you want to be and what you want to show people.
>>
>>81772200
What an ignorant awful post purposely ignoring half the thread.
>>
>>81772233
to be fair, snyder's pa kent was a really, really, really shitty dad. Like the shittiest dad possible. Like had his kid been Einstein or mozart, kent costner would've told young-einstein to not bother with that whole relativity nonsense as that might lead to big scary weapons or young-mozart to not make any music because 400 years later they'd make amadeus and contrarian hipsters would start listening to saliari.
>>
>>81772260
people notice how DCEU-bros never actually address any negative criticism of the DCEU.
>>
>its another /tv/ fails to understand characters from "capeshit" they deride as intellectually inferior thread
>>
>>81772341
>its a pleb who conflates "understand" with "like"
>>
>>81771966
>Not him but to be fair-

>>wonderstick

>Pic related

Yeah, you could say samething about regular men for being too skinny by showing pics of men drawn by Cho or Jim Lee, or whoever it is.

>>mopey moron

>Lex's little blackmail-him-by-forcing-him-to-choose-between-two-women-to-save plan was predicated on Supes forgetting about his super hearing at a convenient moment.
How he supposed to super-hear someone who isn't like crying aloud like Lois.

> Neither was tied up in a super-soundproof room or anything.
Why do you need some if you can keep her mouth shut

>Also, jar of piss. Just saying, that shit's the domain of the Joker or Deadpool-not Lex.
Bring me example of either one of them doing this.
I like when everyone was okay with Tony Stark with typical manlet inferiority complex, or Cross-Bones or Zemo not being ideological guys hence being Nazis. Or okay with all previous portrayals of Lex in movies that unlike Zuckerberg's which took Birthright and crazy businessman as basis, has literally nothing in common with comic book Lex of any portrayal.

>Eh, as objectively flawed as they are I actually find 'em unintentionally hilarious because of the blunders, and at least after the longass buildups, the actions sequences more or less deliver. It's like someone gave a B-movie script a blockboster's budget.
This part doesn't make sense at all.
>>
>>81772337
You ever heard the phrase "not even wrong?"

It's what the post you're talking about is. If one of us started right now detailing how many misconceptions and outright obtuse misrepresentations it contains, we'd still be typing six hours from now.

And all for naught, because it will just be disregarded anyway.
>>
>>81772385
ma kent is the first voice clark learns to use as a focus to block out the super hearing and x-ray vision

she screams when shes being abducted
>>
>>81772337
At least the people how like the MCU can actually acknowledge weak points with the franchise, but it might be easier to accept shortcomings in some areas when Marvell Studios is actually capable of delivering in other areas.
>>
>>81772418
These Marvel drone shitposters have a bad case of amnesia. It doesn't matter what you say, they'll return the day after spouting exactly the same shit again.
>>
>>81772260
What an awful ignorant post purposely ignoring all of the thread.

>>81772233
I imagine the idea was he was too preoccupied with the idea of Lewis and Martha being endangered to think about the bigger picture, or the fact he's basically winging it as he goes along. Then Batfuck and Lex start throwing shade, and he starts feeling paralysed.

Sort of, the ending with Doomsday was supposed to come off as him overcoming his fear and reconciling protecting the world with protecting Lewis. But at that point, it just comes off as a Shinji Ikari-style meltdown from all the bad shit in his life.

>>81772385
Cho-what? I don't even get what you mean, I'm saying Wondy's drawn with big curvy superhero proportions

>super-hear

He super-hears her perfectly fine during the Doomsday ending fight

>mouth shut

No see, he's superman. His senses are already ridiculous

No examples, admittedly. More that it's a childish, petulent gesture I could never imagine any version of Lex doing.

>doesn't make sense at all

Let me rephrase: I enjoy silly action movies, even when they're unintentionally silly.
>>
>>81772467
>>81772418
>cites "not even wrong"
>proceeds to post "not even wrong" statements

>>
>>81772491
Pick any statement from that post. I'll answer it.
>>
>>81772179
What could he do anyway. In movie he didn't fly before putting suit on him,

>>81772233
>dedicate his life
Typical libtard.

>until his other father said otherwise
t. watched movie through an ass
I am not surprised though.
>>
>>81772467
Fuck off, you don't have to like Marvel to find flaws with DC. I could go on endlessly about jumpcuts, bypassed character development, the surplus of immersion breaking quips they've been cramming in ever since Guardians to emulate its' success (seriously, Kaecillius was a dead serious cultist fucker-why would he suddenly start joshing), the lull in some of the sequels caused by too much shilling the successive Avengers/Infinity Wars installment.

But people asked about flaws in DC, so I'm talking about those instead. By all means, throw some shade at Marvel and I'll be here all day.
>>
>>81772519
>what could superman have done

Literally anything?

also I like the attempt to go /pol/ to dissuade response.
>>
>>81772536
>But people asked about flaws in DC,
Who did? And why is it always that question you're answering?
>>
>>81772569
>I can't read the first 10 or so posts after OP
>I can't follow the general trend of conversations

Since you're fucking blind, I'll remind you nobody was even talking about Marvel until you started accusing them of being drones
>>
>>81772565
You remember the scene of Lois working his back trail, discovering who he is based on anecdotal accounts, then showing up at Perry's desk with a handful of copy?

All instances if him doing extraordinary things. How do we know this? By what Perry says about it.
>>
>>81772608
Didn't answer the questions, Mouseshill. Why are you getting flustered all of sudden?
>>
>>81772519
>Typical libtard.
how?
>>
>>81772569
it's honestly more entertaining to go into the flaws of the DCEU, because there's more of them and the DCEU is more pretentious than just about anything that's come out recently.

The MCU is just too mediocre and bland to really derive any enjoyment out of dissecting.
>>
>>81772633
she tracks through a decade or two of his life and has a small stack of papers to show for it.

One could generate more paper on your life than she generated on superman's.
>>
>>81772667
So nobody asked the question and you're just shitposting erratically. Gotcha.
>>
>>81765532
It's a black suit with pointy ears, fuck do you mean its not true to the comic?
>>
>>81772711
>stop talking about movies

... uh
>>
>>81772474
>What an awful ignorant post purposely ignoring all of the thread.

>I imagine the idea was he was too preoccupied with the idea of Lewis and Martha being endangered to think about the bigger picture, or the fact he's basically winging it as he goes along. Then Batfuck and Lex start throwing shade, and he starts feeling paralysed.

>Sort of, the ending with Doomsday was supposed to come off as him overcoming his fear and reconciling protecting the world with protecting Lewis. But at that point, it just comes off as a Shinji Ikari-style meltdown from all the bad shit in his life.

>Cho-what? I don't even get what you mean, I'm saying Wondy's drawn with big curvy superhero proportions

>>super-hear

>He super-hears her perfectly fine during the Doomsday ending fight
It's not like she was in a hundreds of meters while mother in thousands.

>>mouth shut

>No see, he's superman. His senses are already ridiculous
Because you said that?
What else Snyder Supe's fault? That he couldn't create tiny clone to find his mother while himself battling with Batfleck?

>No examples, admittedly. More that it's a childish, petulent gesture I could never imagine any version of Lex doing.
How it's childish? He caught senator on her own words, that's exactly what Lex WOULD do.

>>doesn't make sense at all

>Let me rephrase: I enjoy silly action movies, even when they're unintentionally silly.
Good for you.
>>
>>81772720
>implying man-bat isn't the canon appearance of batman
>>
>>81772474
And all men drawing with small head-to-big shoulders proportions.
>>
>>81772655
Could ask you the same question b8tard, but sure: In case you haven't noticed, almost everyone talking about Supes.

Stay mad your 10/10 kinomatography has actual flaws fagit

>>81772667
Also, this.

There's only so many ways you can mock Memelord before there's just no variety to it. Loki's a fangirl fanservice faggot deluxe, nothing to work with here.

It's another unintentionally entertaining thing I like about the DCEU: Highs and lows, it's just so goshdarned earnest in a way the typecasting and quips aren't.

>>81772752
It's been a while but I could've sworn in the first movie he already heard things from way further, and in the MvS opponing he snipes some ISIS with pinpoint precision. Could be wrong on that though, and to be fair all the stress isn't condusive for that kind of precision so-fair enough.

Also calm down man, you don't gotta greentext everything to make a point

>>81772759
>implying the real OG batsuit shouldn't have nipples
>>
>>81772491
>>81772503

Still waiting.
>>
>>81772711
Its more about how when someone tries to act like an objective pile of garbage is secretly brilliant, response is prompted.

No one tries to claim the MCU is genius.
>>
>>81772801
... I thought you were joshin but it seems you really don't even know what "not even wrong" means.
>>
>>81772806
Sometimes I think that /tv/ knows, deep down, the MCU and DCU are both shit. But even deeper down, that the factional shtposting is the closest they'll get to functional human communication
>>
>>81772851
There are too many people on this site of too many different intellectual levels to really make a blanket claim on what they know deep down.

But yea, the defense of the DCEU kinda borders on fanaticism, and fanatics are always hiding their secret doubts.
>>
>>81772832
Prove you do. Pick a statement. I'll tear it apart. Pick another, I'll reference the first one. And you'll disregard it all because you'll not even consider that the first was flawed in the first place.
>>
>>81772903
>hes still displaying profound ignorance of the very concept of "not even wrong"

it doesn't mean "right," yo. Google it.
>>
>>81772928
I know what it means. Now stop being a pussy.
>>
>>81772887
More like swarm of bots https://mobile.twitter.com/search?f=tweets&vertical=default&q=batman%20v%20superman%20rain&src=typd and pea-brain people.
>>
>>81772928
Still dodging. Afraid of DCBro tearing you a new asshole.
>>
>>81772946
if you knew what it means then you'd know statements that are "not even wrong" are fundamentally flawed in such a way as they can't be debated on the level on which they hold pretenses to being. They're wrong in ways that betray total misunderstanding of all relevant subjects on their most basic level and correcting such misunderstandings would require completely reeducating person on all the subjects of which they have faulty understanding.

The statements, when made intentionally, are designed to befuddle opposition into silence and then use that silence as validation of the uttered claim.

A good example of "not even wrong" I've seen recently is "how can the sun burn if there is no oxygen in space? nuclear doesn't need oxygen? well that doesn't answer how rockets burn in space!"
>>
>>81773004
twitter is a collection of morons, yes.
>>
>>81773127
Are there any twitter bots dedicated to smearing Marvel?
>>
>>81765147
>but I prefer that to the flat look that this has.
Immeasurably agree.
>>81765196
>Superman doesn't need to have an over designed suit
Yes he does when the style of the universe they are going for is authentic feeling immersive epic sci-fi.
>>81765290
>the mos costume isn't amazing
Yes actually it is, it just needs a starker blue.
>>
>>81773185
I don't know and I don't care. Twitter is exclusively the realm of morons.
>>
>>81773075
Exactly. Now pick a statement from >>81772200 and we'll explore some of the misconceptions.
>>
>>81765922
>their motivation to fight was pretty much non-existent
Bruce being a brutal unchained sadist is a pretty good reason.
>>81765922
>and the middle east/CIA dogshit
That was fucking great in the UC, they actually explored the geo political ramifications of Superman's existence which has never been done before.
>>
>>81772200
>All culminating in Man of Murder
Killing in self defense & defense of others factually is not murder.
Your pathetic demonizing irrational argument has zero basis in reality you fucking child.
>>
>>81772150
I fail to see how you can be acquainted with the trolley dilemma and then feign ignorance about Superman's role in the world. He can't save everyone. Great insight, chief. He shouldn't need to.

"You will give them an ideal to strive towards."

He ain't talking about flying.
>>
>>81772233
>it's a shame he never dedicated his life to saving people until some other father figure told him to.
Except he was enthuestasitc to do so right before Pa's death, the issue is he was a decent human being and considered the god damn potential horrific consequences of going public.
Genocides have happened over smaller things then godly powerful aliens existing.
It's very fucking arguably staying hidden IS saving people fucker.

>>81772307
No a dad that teaches his son to ignore the consequences of his actions because of idealistic bullshit is a shitty negligent fucking father, the dceu's Pa Kent is a fucking hero.
>>
>>81773503
Our "opponents" can't grasp that his approach is failing to inspire others by his example but instead see him more as an object of worship. They think the fact that no one looks directly into the camera and says any of this is bad storytelling, when it's present in almost every scene he has, and even quite a few he's not even in.
>>
>>81773499
the point is hes not trying, so hes not saving everyone he can.
>>
>>81773503
pa kent doesn't go any to any sort of consequences for heroism until clark imagines talking to him on mount everest, or wherever. At which point clark is talking to himself.

pa kent was all about how using powers is risky so don't do it ever.

Problem being, superman. It is not possible, as far as he should know, for any sort of personal consequences to him as a result of being a hero
>>
>>81773306
... uh, have at it bro. Don't let me stop you.
>>
>>81773871
all of which is undermined by the fact its "failing" because of lex luthor's media conspiracy.
>>
>>81773990
That's a matter of degree, isn't it? Who's he saving while he's flying a desk at the Daily Planet?

Super man is first and foremost *the* big picture hero. He's our safety net, our shepherd even, but having him be everywhere fixing everything just turns him into super-nanny. Worse, it turns humanity into super-brats who sit around whining about who Superman did and didn't save today.
>>
dear guy who's constantly refreshing page 10 to see when this post is the last post on page 10, just go ahead and post what you've got loaded.
>>
>>81774048
>pa kent doesn't go any to any sort of consequences for heroism
After the "mabye" line he said "there is more at stake then our lives and the lives of those (directly) around us", he mentions how it will change science, religion and everything who hold dear.
>>
>>81774275
plugging into the daily planet, originally, was a means of finding more people to save, more wrongs to right, etc.

In a modern day setting its ridiculous, as journalism is dead, useless, only reports on what the internet is reporting, and the only reason he did it was to get closer to lois.

But again, you're still just building on the fact hes actively not doing anything for the vast majority of his screen time. Thus letting more peolpe die/suffer than he could were he more active.
>>
>>81774362
>it'll change science
well that's a perfect "not even wrong" statement

>it'll change religion
So?
>>
>>81774362
ultimately it just seems the DCEU was written by morons for morons. As worrying about what superman might change for the better is utterly moronic.
>>
>>81774217
That's not why he's failing. Let me give you an example.

Superman pulls a kitten out of a tree and hands it to a kid, then flies off without a word, because someone somewhere else might need saving.

Superman sees a kid calling to a kitten up a tree and has a chat with himefore lifting him up and helping him get the kitten himself.

First example: the guilt-ridden overachiever we're looking st through most of BvS. Second example: the guy who's made peace with his guilt and ready to move forward.
>>
>>81774536
>saving as many lives as he can is pulling kittens out of trees

the problem is hes sitting on ass most of BvS and MoS.
>>
>>81774385
He's doing that literally every waking moment. So are the rest of us, and that's the point. If the rest of us were stepping up half as often as he is, we'd live in a very different world.
Thread posts: 356
Thread images: 28

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.