[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Ghost in the Shell casting controversy

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 37
Thread images: 9

File: NE1vabn3RQEy45_2_b.jpg (70KB, 600x316px) Image search: [Google]
NE1vabn3RQEy45_2_b.jpg
70KB, 600x316px
Now that the dust has settled, will Hollywood finally realize what a mistake this casting was? Or will they continue to cast Ashkenazi Jewish actors in canonically Aryan roles?
>>
Casting wasn't the issue. No one cares about weab shit
>>
>>81760684
Why set it in Tokyo if they wanted a white cast? Why not set it in Houston or LA?
>>
The casting really wasn't an issue here. The script was just shit.

It screwed up nearly everything it possibly could which is kinda amazing considering it could have done a shot for shot remake of the original and been pretty great.
>>
>>81760684
Japan loved the fuck out of it, as did the creator.
>>
>>81761017

agreed. the script was just fucking terrible.
>>
>>81761016
>Houston
wtf are you smoking
Houston has a massive asian population.
>>
>>81760684
>yfw scarjo will never renounce her allegiance to zog and become an honorary white
>>
>>81761016
You seriously are saying people can not work in another country. how old are you? are you retarded ?
>>
File: enlightened.jpg (61KB, 680x490px) Image search: [Google]
enlightened.jpg
61KB, 680x490px
It will never stop being hilarious to me how many obese weeaboo wastes of life are neo-nazis. I love reading youtube comments that /pol/ is shilling and looking for all the meme/anime girl avatars. God damn you "people" are fucking revolting blobs. At least try to not be walking stereotypes.
>>
>>81761041
So does LA, that's not the point.
You could set in a city where there are more people than Tokyo.
>>
>>81760684
you win "tyryhard OP of the Day"

The movie flopped. nobody cares.
>>
>>81760684
The problem is that they made the ironic decision to get a completely soulless actress to play Major.
>>
Seriously, fuck the Jews
>>
>>81761087
*more white people
>>
>>81761061
I'm saying it would've made a little bit more sense. I guess a south korean movie studio could make a film about a korean cop in Portland and all of his associates spoke korean.
>>
File: 1492082616439.jpg (63KB, 720x540px) Image search: [Google]
1492082616439.jpg
63KB, 720x540px
>>81760982
They'll keep doing the latter.
>>81761017
Did it go the Blade Runner route and keep significant plot points while not copying the original source material from page to page.
>>
>>81761016
Don't worry anon you got your wish with another series.
>>
>>81761087
>You could set in a city where there are more people than Tokyo.
is it even set in Tokyo?
>>
>>81761258
>Did it go the Blade Runner route and keep significant plot points

Nope.

I was expecting them to do the Blade Runner route in which case it would have been a forgettable, but decent movie. Instead what it did was try having the Puppet Master type character as some love interest and treat the introduction of full cyborg bodies as being something brought on by some corporate guy who wanted to do 'things' because of it.

So Motoko and Puppet Master are rewritten as being some people that were just hanging out in some slums when they get killed by corporate dude's people so they can be used in some experiments to make full cybernetic bodies, and much of the movie ends up being about this coverup of that even though there's barely anything to coverup as the audience already knows everything and they keep trying to spell everything out to an absurd degree.

So Puppet Master is really introduced to be like the red herring for the start with corporate guy being the real baddy later on.
>>
>but seriously, let's complain about another thing white pe-
>its the kikes

Every single time.
>>
>>81761433
sounds very robocop
>>
>>81761478
I imagine they were trying for something like that, but with even the Robocop remake they still fleshed out the villain a bit.

They did no such thing in this American remake of GiTS so you just end up wondering why the shit he'd do half the things he did. Like why did they try taking people from some slums for experiments rather than those that were dying seeing as they basically only needed brains?
>>
>>81760684

Could work with Rose, and the problem was not the whitewashing, was the bad script and lack of boldness from the producers
>>
>>81761061
It was set after WW4, where Japan, for good reason, is even more closed off and xenophobic than it is today. Respect the core material or don't use the license at all.
>>
File: 1457473351639.png (133KB, 827x289px) Image search: [Google]
1457473351639.png
133KB, 827x289px
lmao, pic related never wrong

you /pol/ weeb neckbeards are so fucking pathetic
>>
File: Never Relaxies.jpg (160KB, 618x643px) Image search: [Google]
Never Relaxies.jpg
160KB, 618x643px
>>81761147
SERIOUSLY
>>
File: Big Horseshoe.png (98KB, 600x867px) Image search: [Google]
Big Horseshoe.png
98KB, 600x867px
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2DhoBuU1Dtc

>b...b...it's the Jews!
>>
>>81761372
might be cool

>>81761384
yes

>>81761765
?
>>
>>81760684
>casting

fuck off shes a brain in a robot body she could be black and it wouldnt matter

its cyberpunk people are turning themselves into mutants or cyborgs who fucking cares about this identity politics shit
>>
>>81760684

It wasn't so much whitecasting as it was casting ScarJo and making her look like a meek girl, rather than a badass soldier, and horribly script that turned GiTS into a clichéd trainwreck that copy pasted iconic shit from the anime in attempt to pander fans.
>>
>>81760684
>>81761840
>>81761810
>>81761765
>>81761063
Stop falseflagging you fuck, 99% of the people bitching about whitewashing for GITS were white SJWs offended on behalf of Japs

>start thread with over-the-top /pol/-as-fuck post
>spend the rest of the thread posting anti-/pol/ shit to "drive /pol/ off /tv/" or whatever dumb internet quest you have

Get a life anon, honestly
>>
>>81761566
>Like why did they try taking people from some slums for experiments rather than those that were dying seeing as they basically only needed brains?

Because it was intended as a big-tent blockbuster for all audiences, therefore they had to dumb it down to the lowest common denominator - so instead of ethical ambiguity (i.e. the Major 's backstory as a child injured in an aircraft accident that is fully cyberised to save her from a permanent coma) they needed to go the RoboCop route of "Well, actually an evil corporation was behind it and cyberised her against her will - and now she's getting payback for what they did to her!"
>>
It wasnt a mistake because shes white it was a mistake cause shes shite
>>
>>81760684
ScarJo was a mistake
>>
>>81760684
She was fine for the role. Only weebs, muh fags and posers got mad
>>
>>81765075
>jews
>white
k
Thread posts: 37
Thread images: 9

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.