[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Why did you stop watching Archer?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 73
Thread images: 6

File: mallory.jpg (131KB, 750x768px) Image search: [Google]
mallory.jpg
131KB, 750x768px
Why did you stop watching Archer?
>>
>>81754839
Got bored.
Also, moved to fxx.
>>
>>81754839
Never started watching it.

It's a cartoon and I'm not 12 anymore.
>>
I never grew to like the characters enough to watch more. I guess the point is that they're all shitheads, but it gets old after awhile.
>>
>>81754839
Overused running gags.
>>
i just forgot about it
>>
>>81754909
This. It reached a point that I could just predict the next joke like five minutes in advance.
Frisky Dingo was so much more clever about its running gags.
>>
>>81754839
New season isn't too bad so far.

I think it haemorrhaged viewers after Archer Vice, which was terrible for the most part. They have another two eight-episode seasons after this, if they've got any sense they'll write a definitive ending for it there.
>>
I really liked the initial setting, and didn't like the new ones. Ironically, in an attempt to keep the show fresh through changing atmospheres and settings, they exposed how tired the running jokes were getting.

There was too much focus on form over content, and the quality suffered for it.
>>
>>81754839
Ex tried to get me to watch it. She's literally autistic, no thanks.
>>
He clearly used all his good jokes/ideas up in the first two-three seasons, and has been running out auto-pilot ever since.

I like that he sort of tried something different with Dreamland but the focus on drama over jokes is BORING. I don't understand why Archer isn't aware that he's in a dream so he could be sarcastic and riff on the events happening to him, instead of being this neutered dumbass who creates his own problems.
>>
>>81754909
agree, that shit was reddit tier
>>
>>81754839
I a fear of sickness and stopped when Archer got cancer
>>
>>81754839
>Why did you stop watching Archer?
Everyone started talking with the same snarky lines and the same snarky timing. Boring as fuck.
>>
>>81754901
I want to be as mature and normie as you when I grow up
>>
>>81755210

I think that started to grate on me the most over time. Every character has the same rhythm in their delivery and style of speaking, making the show incredibly repetitive. The stories in the early episodes also seemed to support it better somehow.
>>
>>81754974
CODY TWO!!!
>>
>>81754974
>Frisky Dingo was so much more clever about its running gags.

It also didn't last more than like 2 seasons. Not enough time for shit to wear thin.
>>
I still watch it. Glory days were season 3/4 and it's nowhere near as good now but it's nice to have constants in your life you know? Archer's been my shit since day 1 and it's nice to come back to it every season.
>>
>>81755473
That's a good point, and the best shows are the ones that quit while they are ahead. I'd still kill for another season though.
>>
>>81755536
kys fggt
>>
I stopped watching after the first six episodes because the animation is plain annoying and his voice sucks.
>>
>>81754839
Season 5 wasn't funny.
>>
>>81754839
After Vice
>>
>>81754974
And at least things changed on FD. They killed like half the cast in season 2. What has Archer done? Added a fucking baby. I'm still holding out hope they resurrect FD somehow.
>>
I still watch it and didn't even hate archer vice all that much. but I'm basically a retarded half shell of a person so whatever
>>
>>81755847
also I'm illegitimate
>>
>>81754839
5 was the nail in the coffin, but you could see the writing on the wall 3/4 of the way through season 3.
>>
>>81755888
>They killed like half the cast in season 2

Pretty sure that was because they knew it was the last season. I'm surprised they didn't kill everyone.
>>
I watched it up till the last season. Dreamland pissed me off because it seemed just "It was all a dream" as a whole season.
>>
>>81754839
My dad loves this show. I think it's bad. The characters are loud and obnoxious. No but really, the volume of their voices is unlike any other show I've seen. Every line spoken is like somebody yelling at you from 5 feet away, and it's fucking annoying.
>>
>>81754839
I finished a season and by the time the next season was on Netflix I had forgotten everything about the show. I have no clue where I stopped.
>>
On season 2 and its pretty good so far. When does it go to shit?
>>
>>81754839
When it stop being a James Bond parody.
>>
reddit. No, really.

Same with rick and morty and any other super popular thing. They just run it into the ground until It's just annoying. Repeating the same joke over and over and over and over is obnoxious. Then I try to watch the show and I realize other faggots are watching right now and tomorrow I'll see this archer joke on the front page.
>>
File: e96.png (488KB, 500x562px) Image search: [Google]
e96.png
488KB, 500x562px
>>81755820
But if i kms then I won't be alive. Think your shit through before you speak your dumbass thoughts.
>>
>>81754839

Just finished season 7 it's weird how they keep pushing all the catchprases and all the characters talk about them non stop instead of just letting them come naturally (phrasing)
>>
>>81755953
The studio that made it closed. Adam had no idea, which is why season 2 has that cliffhanger. He was working on season 3 character designs, like the secretary you hear but never see.
>>
File: 1485898810331.jpg (22KB, 332x500px) Image search: [Google]
1485898810331.jpg
22KB, 332x500px
>>81754839

His Russian fiancée leaving him hit way too close to home, made me depressed whenever Katya showed back up
>>
>>81756002

If you like the whole spy angle/office angle then probably season 5 (Vice), though the finale episode Arc is pretty good but you can pretty much skip the rest.
>>
>>81754902
idk Cheers does its well, all the characters are completely shitty people with no redeeming qualities but the show is godtier

Archer just has shitty characters and shitty writing
>>
Binged all the episodes on Netflix.

Next question.
>>
>>81756086
>Adam had no idea

I'm sure he had some idea, hence leaving an opening for a possible renewal but otherwise trying to go out with a bang.
>>
Started disliking it towards the end of season 4 where instead of funny jokes, we were getting the same jokes referenced by every character.

I completely stopped watching 3 episodes into vice. The plot became trash and the characters were flanderized to all hell.

The noir setting looks interesting, but i just don't care anymore.

First 3 seasons were funny as fuck
>>
>>81754839
I still watch it but i miss the KGB spy agency thing plus the fact that every season ending so far has been a 2 parter with most not being that good is a killer
>>
>>81756236
At which point to transition from R3ddit?
>>
>>81754839
I didn't but the first episode of the current season was pretty boring, seems like they are out of ideas and should just end it
>>
>>81756176
Good point with Cheers. But even at their worst, they were still characters you could relate to to some degree. I would even apply this to Curb Your Enthusiasm too. Larry is an asshole, but I still root for him. When I watch Archer, I'm actively rooting against the cast.
>>
>>81756042
Haha. Baaaaaane!!!!
>>
>>81755682
They didn't quit while ahead. Adult Swim canceled them after they asked for too much money. FX was willing to pay the amount asked for because they were hurting for shows at the time.
>>
>>81754975
I definitely dropped it on Archer Vice, but I blew through the last season on Netflix in a couple days which was really fucking good, except now they're apparently doing another spinoffy Archer Vice 2.0, which totally killed my interest again.
>>
I was never much of a fan. H Jon Benjamin is the most overused and undertalented voice actor in the industry. He literally only ever plays the same voice doing the same inflections in everything he appears in. Somehow though he captured the heart of Reddit so he has a huge following of faggot fans who love to see him shit up his craft.
>>
>>81754839
I'm not a huge fan of Archer/Lana. I get that people want character development in their shows, but desu I like The Simpsons approach. It was getting kind of boring as well after Archer Vice
>>
>>81754901
THIS LOW WAGE DAY LABOURER
is much too much a man
TO WATCH AN ADULT ANIMATION SHOW
and basically
EVERYONE ELSE GETS MORE RESPECT THAN HIM
>>
>>81756318
>The noir setting looks interesting, but i just don't care anymore.
It's honestly the best season in years
>>
>>81755536
>it's nice to have constants in your life
speak the tooth, anon
>>
>>81756015
this
>>
Out of new episodes. Man I hate when shows end a season on a cliff hanger.
>>
>>81754839
Went to shit during the Vice Season, and I wasn't interested anymore
>>
>My friend liked Archer Vice the most
Should I kill him?
>>
>>81754839
The fifth season was the last for me. It was recycling the good ol' banter for 5 seasons. It was great, but everything gets old.
>>
File: 1492396673814.jpg (494KB, 1413x2119px) Image search: [Google]
1492396673814.jpg
494KB, 1413x2119px
It felt like another version of Bob's Burgers. In other words, it was constantly trying too hard to be funny and clever in every single line of dialogue. I also hate the whole "haha we're adults but we act and talk so quirky xD" humour that both Bob's Burgers and Archer has.

Also the fanbases are garbage and Reddit as fuck.
>>
File: trash.png (270KB, 373x503px) Image search: [Google]
trash.png
270KB, 373x503px
>>81754839
I started losing interest before Vice was announced, then I got pretty hype because an Archer-Miami Vice spoof sounded fucking awesome.
instead I got >le ebin cokefiend pam xDDD
>>
File: 1384759481161.png (2KB, 170x143px) Image search: [Google]
1384759481161.png
2KB, 170x143px
Honestly? The audio mixing.

The show is fucking shrill and unpleasant to listen to.
>>
>>81754839
Watch the first few episodes of the first season, then watch anything after the third season.

I don't know what the fuck happened, like they gutted all the things that made it funny and just used tired celebrity cameos and forced jokes as a crutch, plus getting entangled in the one thing that consistently fucks the show, relationship drama.
>>
>>81754839
Dialog got stale and relied on catch phrases.
Characters got flanderized, especially Pam, rich Cheryl, Kreger.
The show had run its course.
>>
I liked Archer back when it was called Sealab 2021. I'm not sure they've written a new joke since then.
>>
>>81754839
Cartoons go on /co/
and give that is on tv bullshit
>>
>>81754933
For me, this
>>
>>81754839
I was almost out after season 6 but then Moonbeam City got cancelled
>>
>>81754995
i thought they changed it up because of them sharing the title of that Islamic group
>>
>>81754975
I liked Archer Vice myself, but it took a couple episodes to get going so I think most people would have gotten bored and given it up before it reached its conclusion.
>>
>>81756103
Did your friend sign for your mail order bride or something?
Thread posts: 73
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.