[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>new MST3K season cost $5.76 million Why did it cost so much?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 38
Thread images: 5

File: IMG_6969.jpg (189KB, 700x525px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_6969.jpg
189KB, 700x525px
>new MST3K season cost $5.76 million

Why did it cost so much? I'm enjoying it but I still don't get why it costs so much.
>>
Nigga it's kikestarter
>>
Greenscreen doesn't pay for itself.
>>
>>81753884
At least half of that money went to set construction and marketing
Divide what's left by 14 and it's only 200K per episode
and you have to divide that 200K between everyone to pay all their salaries and pay for any other props
>>
Buffet aint cheap
>>
>>81753884
I'm sure licensing the movies, also paying the actors and crew
>>
movie rights
>>
>>81754042
>>81754046
Isn't the whole point of MST3K to use public domain movies?
>>
>>81754046
>movie rights
>the movies are movies nobody knew existed before last week
>>
>>81754094

i don't think most of the new season is public domain movies.

even before they didn't always use public domain movies.
>>
>>81753989
software licenses
>>
>>81753884
That fuck Patton Oswald cobblepot
>>
>>81754135
Those movies still are owned by companies and still have actors who get residuals when shown (err maybe) ... Either way those movies are owned and the owners get to dictate the price
>>
>>81753884

>episode unlocked!
>>
>>81754184

yeah i just double checked. none of the movies they used this season were in the public domain.

i think i read somewhere that the licensing fees had gone up since they stopped doing the show and that it cost low six figures for most of the movies they used.
>>
They;re paying that fat fuck patton oswalt and that cunt jew felicia day too much money
>>
File: WaverlyPresser.jpg (217KB, 900x506px) Image search: [Google]
WaverlyPresser.jpg
217KB, 900x506px
Building new, cuter robots, like Waverly here.
>>
>>81754135

Avalanche has been known about for years tho
>>
>>81754388

i found the quote. i was wrong it was five figures not low six figures. still a lot for movies no one would have ever seen if not for the show though.

Hodgson estimated each episode would take $250,000 to make, in addition to five-figure movie licensing rights, in contrast to $100,000 needed for the original series
>>
>>81754465
They should've not brought Crow and Tom back they should've made two new robots that Jonah built.
>>
>>81753884
Patton needed hitman money
>>
>always give anything a try
>stomach the dyke hair SJW manlet, the typical numale, and le reddit girl
>movie finally begins
>its the most scripted reading from the lines delivery possible
>nothing like original mst3k
>>
File: 516d41b74e5d6bc322fc9d0fd851cece.jpg (440KB, 1200x1521px) Image search: [Google]
516d41b74e5d6bc322fc9d0fd851cece.jpg
440KB, 1200x1521px
>>81753884
Joe Camel is doing MST3K
why?
>>
Camel food is fucking expensive.
>>
>>81754506
did they permanently acquire the rights this time or are they not gonna be able to show it again 10 years later
>>
>>81754866
Is it, though? Can't they survive in the desert for months without food or water?

Also, I don't really see Felicia's resemblance to a camel, unless you mean you'd like to give her a hump. ...I'll get my coat.
>>
>>81754506
Rifftrax can be hit or miss but I always thought that distributed MP3's was the natural evolution of MST3K in the Web 2.0 days. Bypass the copyright nonsense and you could riff movies far outside your price range. That's the part about nu-MST3K that dissapointed me the most, just more unesasary nonsense
>>
>>81754094

The whole point of MST3k is to be funny, but they didn't care about that aspect either
>>
Why do people like MST3K? The quips are scripted as fuck and barely land, it's not the same as if it were just some friends hanging out and laughing at a shitty movie
>>
>tfw there will never be a similar concept with running commentary from Chris Morris, Jemaine Clement and Arnold Schwarzenegger just freestyle commenting on a random movie
>>
>>81755433
Has Chris Morris ever done commentary on his own work? I know some of his DVD's have "fake commentary" tracks but having never owned one myself I don't know what that means.
>>
Bump for Crooooooow
>>
the robot roll call is lame as fuck in the new intro
>>
File: mwVPnEI.gif (2MB, 360x202px) Image search: [Google]
mwVPnEI.gif
2MB, 360x202px
>>81755323
Did you know that the so called "friends" on Friends did not even know each other before getting cast on the show?!?!!

How deep do these conspiracies go?
>>
>>81754094
For the most part they used movies from a catalog that their network had access to. Movie rights are expensive as fuck and that's why the series being collected has been such a bitch.
>>
The whole new intro is wack. Along with the lil breaks.
I let my son watch it and he switched to fucking soninlaw halfway through. I couldnt blame him, the standard was too high.
>>
>>81753989
This. And probably the recording tech too.
>>81754094
Nah, they had a lot of varieties in the old series. That's even been a problem with releasing episodes, licensing issues with some of the holders.
>>
>>81757658
This is the only new guy that's not embarassingly terrible

So... congratulations I guess?
Thread posts: 38
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.