[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I'm writing an analysis on the final shootout scene of TGTBTG.

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 2

File: maxresdefault (3).jpg (108KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault (3).jpg
108KB, 1280x720px
I'm writing an analysis on the final shootout scene of TGTBTG. Main focus is set on the shot sizes, I understand what they are trying to convey but apparently I'm digging too shallowly into it.

Is here anyone who could give me some perspective on this? To put all the sizes used in the scene in context with each other, to understand what they are really trying to convey?

I feel like there's much depth to just the cinematography of this scene, but after days of work I fell blind with it.
>>
pls help
>>
Sorry no one on /TV/ actually knows anything about film.
>>
http://nofilmschool.com/2013/10/the-mathematical-editing-of-sergio-leonis-the-good-the-bad-and-the-ugly
>>
>>81752360
>TGTBTG
> The Good The Bad The Good
>>
>>81753304
kek
>>81752360
What do you want to know? Perhaps you are thinking too deeply into it.
>>
It starts out from afar, but the camera cuts closer and closer showing the sweaty faces of the duelers.

This scene is so amazing because Leone is testing himself to see how long he can hold the suspense. Who will shoot who? Will Tuco finally be rid of Blondie and risk teaming up with Angel Eyes? Will someone take out two quick enough to be the last standing?
>>
>>81752360
what is "editing"?
>>
>>81752360
Just talk about different lenses and how all that shit is lost in the digital age.
>>
>>81752360
>The Art of Editing in The Good, the Bad, and the Ugly from Max Tohline
your analysis has already been done, your welcome
>>
>>81752360
You're definitely on the wrong board for that sort of discussion my friend
>>
This board is basically just an anti Reddit meme circle jerk and Reddit doesn't even know shit about movies either. If you actually want to have deep discussions about movies you are going to have to make real friends
>>
File: 1455220689626.jpg (37KB, 272x245px) Image search: [Google]
1455220689626.jpg
37KB, 272x245px
>>81754103
>This board is basically just an anti Reddit meme circle jerk
>>
>>81753333
Well, I was tasked to explain how shot sizes work in movies and I picked this film to demonstrate it on.
>>
The key is the eye movement in the scene. they tell the story through where their eyes are looking
>>
>>81753938
>>81754103
Lol go back fgts
>>
>>81754279
Watch this video essay, it'll give you all you could possibly need >>81753703
>>
>>81754279
So talk about that. In the Op image The character in the distance is mysterious. Those at the front are known and simple
>>
>>81754407
the subtleties in the scene can be seen especially near the end where clint looks in tuco's direction and nods ever so slightly. That movement causes angel eyes to draw because he believes Tuco and Blondie are in cahoots
>>
>>81754279
I don't think you can separate that from the narrative. Context matters.
>>
>>81754533
One thing I just noticed rewatching this bit, angel eyes, eyes are qucikly darting between tuco and blondie, Tuco is mostly focused on angel eyes with quick nervous glances at blondie, Blondie on the otherhand stays focused almost exclusivly on angel eyes, until the last couple seconds when he fucoses entirely on tuco as if suggesting he's going to draw on tuco first, but then he shoots off to the side, of course bloondie knows the twist which is why he's acting like that, but I never really noticed how if your paying attention even if its the first time watching it you might be able to guess the twist before it happens, just based on the way their eyes are moving, its fucking awesome
>>
>>81755796
my interpretation is when Blondie nods its suppose to signify that Tuco is gonna draw on angel eyes thus angel eyes believes that Tuco is the real threat. Angel eyes feels blondie is the bigger threat and tries to get him before he looks back because he feels he can hit Tuco before he draws. This scene is honestly my favorite scene in film and it hurts that modern film doesn't even come close
>>
>>81752360

Only seen it once a while ago, but the editing/cinematography struck me as in the interest of characterization.

In a good essay for example, its arguments should be concisely summed up/put together in the conclusion. The editing in this scene seemed to serve much the same purpose. It clearly and succinctly establishes what the characters are thinking/feeling after the events of the film. Specifically, the the wide, barren shots that emphasise the space between them juxtaposed with their closeups symbolize to me that the empty space between them isn't empty at all, but filled with all of the motivations and actions that led to this scene. They have no room to back out or negotiate anymore, which is why they have to settle things with killing each other.
>>
>>81757353
yeah OP what this guy said.
Thread posts: 24
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.