[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Psycho remake

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 3

File: IMG_5546.jpg (81KB, 1200x881px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_5546.jpg
81KB, 1200x881px
>Psycho remake won't show cross-dressing scene due to transphobia

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-4415278/Psycho-remake-won-t-cross-dressing-scene.html?ito=social-twitter_mailonline#ixzz4eOl8Ents

Is this the next step, literally taking pivotal plot points out of remakes, what a FUCKING joke
>>
>>81748115

Well of course. In the current year we can't have people thinking transgender people are mentally ill
>>
>>81748115
Oh my god, the daily mail
>>
Counterpoint: If the audience is already aware that the murders are being committed by Norman and not his mother, the cross-dressing isn't really necessary.
>>
>>81748398
Better yet

Hence is the remake really necessary?
>>
Full body dresses are more practical in this situation.

Discuss.
>>
File: Jewing_66e872_5416060.gif (378KB, 208x200px) Image search: [Google]
Jewing_66e872_5416060.gif
378KB, 208x200px
>>81748115
>>
>you know how we did one unnecessary remake?
>well we figured you'd like another one of those
>>
>>81748315
Kek
>>
>>81748115
better not offend 1% of the population
>>
>>81748427
This. Especially considering its already been remade once.
>>
File: mrs nesbitt.png (215KB, 500x281px) Image search: [Google]
mrs nesbitt.png
215KB, 500x281px
>perfectly fine to put into a children's movie
>too extreme and offensive to put into an adult's horror film

Is the LGTBQIAP6 crowd more sensitive and fragile than literal children?
>>
>>81748585
they ARE children
>>
>>81748115
Wasn't there already a Van Sant remake?
>>
>>81748427
It's clickbait though, they aren't talking about an actual remake, they're talking about the Bates Motel TV show.
>>
>>81748514
>.01%
>>
>>81748115
>remake of Psycho
>the twist is that Norman is white male
fuck what a shocker!
>>
>>81748427
It's about the tv show.
>>
>Psycho remake

NO, I REJECT THIS AND DENY IT'S EXISTENCE.
>>
>>81749159
Read the thread or the article you hysterical autist.
>>
>leaving out perhaps the most important plot point of the entire film

it's not even a sound argument. bates isn't supposed to be understood as a cross dresser, he's a fetishist in the psychoanalytic sense. taking this bit out totally deprives the movie of its message
>>
>>81748676
This. That article was total shit. It's just talking about Norman not being dressed as his mother while carrying out the shower murder in the show. And there's actually a pretty good reason for that narratively, since it's the first murder he chooses to commit as himself. Aside from that scene, Norman has been in drag plenty. There's even a scene where you find out he's been going to a skanky bar and hooking up with dudes dressed as Mother.
>>
>>81748115
They've already had him dress up as a woman, though.
Thread posts: 23
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.