[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

really makes you think

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 135
Thread images: 16

File: IMG_1963.jpg (273KB, 1180x1180px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_1963.jpg
273KB, 1180x1180px
>>
how can they pretend to be using the JC model when there has been no panty in TFA or Rogue One?
>>
based OP
>>
>>81745069
Why is everyone so focused on making 'strong' female characters when they should be making good female characters.

Like sure, Rey is the most powerful person in the universe and can beat pretty much anybody with no effort. But she's bland and boring as fuck. Theres nothing at all below the surface.

Same shit in things like GoT, they replace any character building with 'girl power' and it's applauded for being pro-woman.

I guess they don't see any irony in making all these feminist icons as forgettable cardboard cutouts with no personality.
>>
>>81745309
"Strong" doesn't mean strongly written it means power level.
>>
>“I’m basically a pretty hardcore feminist, so I have no problem writing a script in which the males become subservient to the females, which is what happens in Aliens … It’s up to Ripley to win the day. There aren’t too many male writers and directors who feel comfortable doing that. I guess it’s deeply hard-wired.”
>>
>>81745568
>he says this 30 years after the film is made just because PC culture is now cool
>>
EWWWWW GIRLS ARE ICKY XD
>>
>>81745069
Could have sworn this was a dick from the thumbnail.
>>
Did you already get bored of spamming capeshit and rick/morty threads, /vg/?
>>
File: IMG_1966.jpg (847KB, 3444x3444px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_1966.jpg
847KB, 3444x3444px
who wins in a fight to the death?
>>
>>81746220

Heh, Smith is all-day crying pussy. Mike would easily take that fatass out.
>>
>>81745842
You mad that Gender Studies degree only got you a job at Starbucks?
>>
>>81746363
Kek
>>
>>81745568

Vasquez still got BTFO
>>
>>81746220
The general public
>>
>>81745309
>Why is everyone so focused on making 'strong' female characters when they should be making good female characters.

I personally feel like it's a lack of understanding or appreciation for the role. It works better when there is a "natural" appreciation for what you're doing instead of making an attempt at meeting a quota or marketing towards a demographic etc.

Even here >>81745568 James Cameron, I believe, has an appreciation for movies with heroic archetypes and that translated to the way he presented heroes in his films male or female.

Women by in large don't seem to have an interest in those types of movies or stories. Very possibly because the lack of female leads but also for other reasons. So those childhood years whether consciously or subconsciously breaking down and observing what makes a hero or "strong" lead never happens. But when they grow up and they are in a position to make suggestions for female characters or direct movies with that heroic archetype they fall short because what they see is just a "strong" character doing, cool things.

In much the same way that if I watch soccer (football) I think it's a bunch of people (pussies) kicking a ball back and forth and falling on the ground from every little hit. Someone had to come along and explain to me the advantage penalty kicks gave to their team which leads to the strategy of overreacting to collisions with other players. But so help me if some EVER suggested to a female producer, director or movie exec that need to sit down and be taught about what makes a good hero, you'd never here the end of it.
>>
>>81745842
Shut up and pump my gas, loser.
>>
>>81745309
Because they aren't writing a female character to begin with. Perhaps they aren't even conscious about it.
Because what they do is write a male hero type of character and then genders-swap it, and wonder why it always ends up crap. Because it was never a female to begin with.
>>
>>81745069
Why is Josh Gad there?
>>
File: resident_wu.gif (431KB, 218x288px) Image search: [Google]
resident_wu.gif
431KB, 218x288px
>>81747217
Men appreciate woman characters that are just strong naturally.

Women only appreciate woman characters if they're "GO GO GURLPOWER XD" campy, tacky, on-the-sleeve bullshit with heavy-handed delivery.
>>
>>81747290
>It's a New Jersey anon
>>
Women, being mildly bisexual by default, think they know what men want by assuming men are lesbians with dicks.

Have you never noticed how repellent women's dating profiles are (muh career, muh uncompromising position on everything), they are trying to be the man they want to meet.

Then get angry at the injustice of those men preferring QT waitresses instead.

They honestly think you want this.
>>
>>81745805
It just goes to show you that when you're smart and multifaceted, you can be touched by plebeian bullshit of the day.
>>
>The Light Side of the Force is feminine
>The Dark Side of the Force is masculine
>In Star Wars women are good and men are evil

What did they mean by this?
>>
>>81746220
Mike is from Wisconsin and is a high-functioning alcoholic who drinks beer like it was water.

Kevin is a whiny fag who cries about not being able to fit onto one of Southwest airlines budget seats, is from New Jersey and drinks cum like it was beer.
>>
File: IMG_2900.gif (738KB, 284x288px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_2900.gif
738KB, 284x288px
>>81746220
Kevin Smith is a fat lazy pothead cuck who dresses like a douche with a hardcore feminist for a wife.

Mike Stoklasa will win hands down.

He already has experience getting into fights and laying niggas down.
>>
>>81747466
>66

EXECUTE ORDER 66!
>>
>>81747466

>Sheev, Anakin, Snoke, Kylo

>Padme, Leia, Mon Mothma, Rey

It all makes sense now.
>>
the damage is done and with disney not taking the holocron and nuking the EU its worse than the prequel damage overall
>>
>>81747466
Men are literally Hitler and can only do right by letting women control every facet of their lives.
>>
>>81747466
That it will take a tranny to bring balance
>>
>>81747545
Holy fuck when was this
>>
>>81747545
Is this real??
>>
>>81747761
last spring

mike put an ad for free fried chicken in the papers and knocked all the niggers coming down one by one
>>
>>81747801
Theyve already raised that generation.
>>
File: Val.jpg (56KB, 426x403px) Image search: [Google]
Val.jpg
56KB, 426x403px
>>81745069
>flipping off a monitor

Is this peak autism?
>>
>>81747949
i just flipped off your post
what now?
>>
>>81745069
>virtue signaling

I see /pol/ spamming this constantly and still have no clue what it means.

It's like you're all aliens with your own alien language, not unlike SJWs.
>>
>>81747990
Proof. I don't believe you.
>>
>>81748019
god how stupid are you?
>>
>>81748068
now ive touched myself while reading your post
>>
>>81748123

Not nearly as retarded as you apparently
>>
>>81748157
the next gen aka gen z (fitting name) will be the last generation

completely raised under normalized degeneracy and "alternative" lifestyles these are girls waiting for third worlders to arrive at the trainstations while reporting their men for manspreading
>>
>>81747466
God I really feel sorry for little boys who are going to be subjected to this insanity. No wonder we have a plague of mentally ill trannies everywhere. When did it become a crime to be male? Why is the insane liberal agenda always attacking men?

I hate to say this but I think this is why Islam is spreading like wildfire throughout the world. Nature must protect the family and the role of men in the world. I truly believe that Islam is nature's back up plan.
>>
>>81748198
says the person who cant google phrase he doesnt understand ;)
>>
>>81748019
When you signal virtues that are right and just and perfect, but in fact you do not believe in any of them, and is just pretending to appear holier than everyone else.
For example, /pol/ and their recent influx of Catholics. None of them actually give a shit about the Bible and will constantly whine about their pope, while preaching that the way to a perfect society is by converting. They are (((virtue signalling))).
>>
>>81745309
>I guess they don't see any irony
that's because they're useful idiots who essentially just like what they're told to like
>>
>>81747384

Exactly. Ripley in the first Alien movie is a great example of this.

She was a strong character but the fact she was female never really played a significant part in her interactions.

To be fair, Jyn in Rouge One was also a fairly good strong female character who didn't constantly off the "strong wimmins" vibe.

Rey on the other hand... It felt like every two seconds they had to remind us "girls can do boy stuff too!"
>>
>>81748263
>I truly believe that Islam is nature's back up plan.
there is a strange irony in islam being the only large-scale movement that's defending /pol/'s agenda. shame about all the other shit though
>>
>>81748275
>googling
>being this bluepilled

;)
>>
>>81748649
>She was a strong character but the fact she was female never really played a significant part in her interactions.
but her being female was pretty key to the themes of the film

unlike star wars which is "we made this character a woman because that's what we think people want to see"
>>
anti-'virtue signaling' signaling is a form of virtue signaling
>>
File: 2353476357.jpg (263KB, 701x756px) Image search: [Google]
2353476357.jpg
263KB, 701x756px
>>81745069
what is wrong with your hands it looks like your skin is too big for your hand
>>
>>81748649
>Jyn in Rouge One was also a fairly good strong female character

nigger, she was "literally who?": the character. Rey was terrible too, but Jyn was a special kind of worthless as a protagonist. that whole cast of action-figures was abysmal.

>>81748019
get the fuck out. virtue signaling / moral grandstanding whatever you may call it is very real and is a product of cooperate pandering and PC bullshit keeping movies having any kind of natural feeling to them any more.
>>
>>81745309
Fucking this.

I've even seen them attacking Leia in the OT because she wasn't "empowered enough".
>>
>>81749459
Christ seriously?
>>
File: are you quite done.jpg (55KB, 521x433px) Image search: [Google]
are you quite done.jpg
55KB, 521x433px
>>81749459
the thing about Leia in the OT is that she has a ton of great lines, and they're delivered with a lot of charm.

There is not a single bit of fucking wit or charisma in any other female character in starwars...outside of vidya. even a game where you don't actually even see the characters.
>>
>>81748977
what a weird and incessant observation
>>
>>81750007
Sorry about your hand mr. elephant man
>>
>>81746220
Man, any one else find it extremely creepy Kevin Smith named his daughter Harley Quinn?? The same Harley Quinn that is abused, manipulated, and used like a sex toy by the Joker?
>>
>>81750161
You're a sick fuck. I'd never even imagine the thought of Kevin Spacey abusing his young supple daughter sexually and/or physically.
>>
>>81748263
religion and other ideologies seem to be the balance to the progress (but eventual decline and corruption of) more liberal philosophies. it swings back and forth with the collapse of civilizations.
>>
>>81745309
>Like sure, Rey is the most powerful person in the universe and can beat pretty much anybody with no effort.

citation needed
>>
>>81747801
I think you're on to something
>>
>>81750332
Star Wars Episode 9 tbqh
>>
>>81750332
do you know any other force user that was able to mind trick and force pull an object 10 meters away within a day of learning the force even exists
>>
>>81750385
>he doesn't say "uses the force" which is basically the same thing because Luke did it mere hours after he knew

Dude nice.
>>
>>81750385
There's a big difference between being good at the force and "can beat pretty much anybody with no effort"
>>
>>81749271

In all honesty, I don't think it mattered that Jyn was a literal who. Rogue One wasn't a traditional Star Wars movie, centred around the character development of the protagonist and their journey. I feel like the main aim of the film was to tell the story of the initial roots of the rebellion and the Empire. And although Jyn's background and growth contributed significantly to the storyline it didn't need the same focus that Luke's and Rey's demanded.

People need to remember this film literally originated from a single sentence in the opening crawl of ANH. You can hardly expect the characters introduced to be anything more than "filler".
>>
>>81747804
Yes. It happened tomorrow.
>>
>/tv/ is still surprised by marketing tactics
You wouldn't be so mad if you stopped watching films for children
>>
>>81750385
>>81750435
>>81750445
Rey had no business using the force for anything without having been taught to do so by a Jedi user. Luke was only ever able to use Prescience, and that was only because Obi-wan urged him to do so, and that was after several days before when Obi-wan taught him how to access the force to use Prescience to time when to swing the saber and block the training droids stinger bolts. Rey, with no training whatsoever, is literally surpassing anything Obi-wan did in six movies. It's retarded.
>>
>>81750712
You disney shills continually reciprocate with, film for children, as if that some how absolves you of anything.
>>
>>81750834
>stop watching movies for manchildren
>disney shill
Are you retarded?
>>
>>81750498
the credit I will give the film is that it had good Star Wars "optics" so to speak. I really liked the big ending battle for what it was, the city getting nuked, some decent sets / costumes, the black storm troopers..

but everything else was a fucking mess. I feel more and more that starwars is something that should be contained to animated shows and vidya.
>>
>>81750923
because when Disney sat on their collective asses and decided to buy this from George, they did so solely for less than 20% of their audience. You're an idiotic simpleton.
>>
>>81750721
Anakin was using the force in episode 1
>>
File: steel-magnolias-image.jpg (447KB, 1498x1078px) Image search: [Google]
steel-magnolias-image.jpg
447KB, 1498x1078px
>>81745069
>>
>>81748977
That's normal when you are not a fatass.
>>
>>81751060
Yes, Prescience, as in, the ability to tell him when to move a lever to avoid calamity. He, a child of the force, only ever managed to use Prescience, an ability, Younglings can use. And Luke used when Obi Wan trained him with the training droid. And even then, as said by his mother and his boss, he had wrecked, EVERY pod he raced in up to the events of TPM. So even with Prescience, Anakin still had to practice repeatedly, and even then, he had never finished a race. At the film's climax, he was taken to the battle VIA Remote, hence him saying to the droid, Get us off of autopilot or we'll both be killed. Once off of auto pilot, he lamented of how the controls were near IDENTICAL, to the controls of his pod racer. And then, while using PRESCIENCE to avoid danger like he always did, he happened onto a battle cruiser. His controls overheated and everything began to shut down. R2 worked on rebooting the computer and the helpless youth, was elated when the blaster controls activated. Firing at oncoming droids, he inadvertently hits a fuel tank and then once his fighter restarts, he guns the engines and escapes as the tank he accidentally hit, explodes. Unlike your house of Rats and Decay and your equally as terrible, jar jar Abrams, George Lucas, even in a fist draft situation, writes a more believable protagonist.
>>
File: download.jpg (8KB, 325x325px) Image search: [Google]
download.jpg
8KB, 325x325px
>Be Disney
>Have market cornered on girls with Princess franchise
>Buy Star Wars for 4 Gorillion
>Make movies constantly starring white women
>>
>>81751897
>neckbeards will watch it anyway
>free advertising because le gurl power
It's a win-win situation.
>>
>>81748649
>Exactly. Ripley in the first Alien movie is a great example of this.
>She was a strong character but the fact she was female never really played a significant part in her interactions.

False. She was the Mother Bear archetype.

This in fact makes her better because this archetype has only ever been explored a few times in film.
>>
>>81751897
girls don't give a shit about star wars though. If all the guys stopped watching star wars, 60% of their revenue would evaporate. Leaving only families with kids. Women don't give a shit about this type of thing. And post Trump's victory, they're slowly starting to see that.

>>81751962
Yeah, let them keep saying, Gurl power and it's fer gurls and gurls can be cooler than boys. Let's see how long that last.
>>
>>81752020
>Let's see how long that last.
See you in December.
>>
>>81751997
Aliens not Alien.
>>
>>81745069
Too many SJW writers these days thinking you should focus on writing a gender instead of focusing on writing an actual person.
>>
>>81748977
Looks like a normal hand, sausage fingers.
>>
>>81751997
he literally said: in the first movie...
>>
>>81752061
Will it make 300 million US? Of course. Let's see it make 1.2 billion worldwide. This movie may see, 1.1 billion worldwide, and that's may.

Will it warrant the 200 million in advertising Disney's going to shell out? Time will tell.
I'm willing to bet, that /tv/ is going to meme this movie into disaster.
>>
>>81752172
>okay, THIS time it's really gonna flop
>>
File: 839.jpg (87KB, 970x728px) Image search: [Google]
839.jpg
87KB, 970x728px
>>81745568
But she still needed a dirty filthy sub-human male to teach her how to use a gun.
>>
>>81750721
I thought her being a sleeper agent from Kylo and Snoke would have been a good way to explain this. Like her entire purpose was to be there on that planet and insert herself into the rebellion at her earliest opportunity or to ferret out Skywalker after he'd gone into exile. And that her "natural talent" in the force was a hint at prior training. And then during episode 8 you have the "I'm your father moment" with Rey being a Sith spy. I even thought maybe they would just start 8 with Rey full on attacking Luke after they met and he would barely escape after being injured somehow and eventually train Finn for a final confrontation in episode 9.

But none of that really seems like it's happening. Probably a dumb idea anyway. But I think it fills in some of the gaps plot wise really well.
>>
>>81752201
and yet transformers, 5 is but a few fridays away. Meme films never ever flops, they just get dumber. Unlike fast ten, Tranformers is not at all entertaining. But of course you're welcomed to defend mediocrity. let's see if if does the shit awakens numbers.
>>
>>81752286
>that incoherent rambling
See you in December.
>>
>>81751997
>Mother Bear archetype

Hmm... I'm not too sure her role was any kind of gendered trope. If she was male, viewers would simply see Ripley's character as the voice of reason.

Main reasons being that she didn't really display any heavily protective behavioural traits and she basically followed official procedure almost to a fault (saving the cat notwithstanding). There was nothing "motherly" about her character in the slightest.
>>
File: powerloader.png (620KB, 960x517px) Image search: [Google]
powerloader.png
620KB, 960x517px
>>81752213
But not a power loader, which is what she ultimately uses to defeat the Alien Queen.
>>
>>81752319
>Hmm... I'm not too sure her role was any kind of gendered trope.

Contrarians are hilarious.
>>
>>81752254
They could have said she was the force feminzed and i would have bought that. At least explain why she's so OP, and do so believably, and I'm there. NOT, a character who can do everything for no reason at all.

I found it humerous that the Jahns guy, the guy from Jew tube, went as far as to make fun of Loki in Kong Skull Island for using a sword even though they said he was former SAS and did some wet work, and if you'd remember, back in the day SAS was into all forms of martial arts and Judo and Kenpo and shit. But the stinking shill literally cums when rey's on screen literally saying she's the most kick ass person to have ever used a saber. I wanted to smack the shit out the guy, but reminded i am that he's a stinking shill.
>>
File: 838.jpg (26KB, 610x401px) Image search: [Google]
838.jpg
26KB, 610x401px
>>81752327
She wouldn't of even gotten to that point without guns, though.
>>
>>81752319
That guy is talking about Newt and the second movie.
>>
File: 837.jpg (25KB, 400x260px) Image search: [Google]
837.jpg
25KB, 400x260px
>>81752389
Also, a face hugger almost got her but a stupid useless man saved her from it.
>>
>>81752327
>that onset story about how they faked the guy in the power loader prop behind her (the MAN doing all the WORK) having a boner, and her being a good sport about it

H O T
O
T
>>
>>81752318
incoherent you say? Sorry, drinking some red wine doused in Vodka with a splash of Napoleon, VSOP. trying to continue to write, a hundred and fifty pages to go and i'd much rather look at bbw pooping or ssbbws being railed by negros. but that's life, yeah?

You're going to eat those words, miss lady, mark my words. /tv/ will meme the shit awakens redeux into an early grave.
>>
>>81752397

Ah, fair enough. Well, in that case I wouldn't know as I've only seen the first and the "prequel".

It's unfortunate if Ridley did end up changing Ripley's character in the sequels because her role in the Alien was a perfect representation of a "strong female character" judging by this >>81751284
>>
But he's right. Ripley went from being a scared woman to being a kick ass bitch when pushed enough, dare I say presenting her with a Character arc
>>
>>81752254
>her being a sleeper agent from Kylo and Snoke
>Rey was one of the knights of Ren
>her name is only one letter away from Ren
>Kylo got mad when he heard about the girl from Jakku because she left before she was supposed to
>her real backstory will be nowhere near as good
>>
>>81752254
>and eventually train Finn

If you thought this after seeing TFA then your judgment is clouded by something. Finn clearly has zero force powers. He's not going to be a Jedi, he's the Han Solo replacement. This was obvious almost right away.
>>
>>81745140
What are you talking about?
>>
>>81752549
Meh. If Ripley had been a man all that would change would be her saving the cat at the end. That would feel out of place. The rest of the movie works just fine with a man in her place. I really like Alien btw, great movie and better than the sequel. Not that I dislike the sequel.
>>
File: 140269852886.jpg (237KB, 1024x768px) Image search: [Google]
140269852886.jpg
237KB, 1024x768px
>>81746220
Mike cracks nigger skulls on the weekend. No match.
>>
File: 1489859267873.png (876KB, 1080x1072px) Image search: [Google]
1489859267873.png
876KB, 1080x1072px
>>81745309
>star wars
>fleshed out characters
>>
>>81745309
>Why is everyone so focused on making 'strong' female characters
because they make money
>>
>>81746220
Mike would beat him to death with a whiskey bottle. Then finish the whiskey.
>>
>>81754414
Name 5 movies?
>>
>>81754904
bridesmaids and...um...i'll get back to you
>>
>>81754414
They don't though.
>>
Christ Star Wars is really dead isn't it
>>
File: 1381699780399.png (116KB, 800x388px) Image search: [Google]
1381699780399.png
116KB, 800x388px
>>81745309
>mfw LotR's three women characters with a combined half hour of screen time were better female characters than anyone released in the last decade
>>
>>81758099
I said it under my breathe when I watched TFA. It's fucking done.
>>
>>81745069
It's actually true though. These games/movies/shows that go "hey look we have strong female/black/muslim/etc. characters" are the equivalent of a white mom at a party who keeps screaming about how her daughter "has a black boyfriend isn't that great everyone? I can't wait till your black boyfriend gets here! Did I mention her boyfriend's black?!?!?! Also my son is gay and is now muslim!"
>>
>>81745309
because it appeals to masses and gets them brownie points
tumblrinas and SJWs are a lot louder then any 4chan shitposter or even the average joe. Though theyre in smaller number compared to everyone else, they literally run most of the "news" and social media websites online and its better to feed the animals at the zoo what they want
>>
>>81747370
He was the panel moderator or whatever it's calles, surprising they didn't have that chris Hardwick doing it
>>
>>81745069

it's like all the dipshit writers who had to be in a starbucks to write their screenplays in public so people see they are writers are finally getting them made.
>>
>>81747370
Disney pretty much owns him
>>
>>81752772
She was a little girl when she was a Knight of ren?
>>
>>81745069
Can she go 1 interview of Star Wars without talking about how strong the woman will be in it?

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=uhE3Ox9pdLw
>>
>>81752473
It's incoherent because your grammar and spelling are all over the place, not because the points you were trying to make were invalid.
>>
>>81745069
>that dude on the right
>>
>>81753947

James Cameron movies have fan service
>>
>>81760813
When the fat guy asked the question, Rian looks like he's thinking "oh not this shit again".
>>
>>81761242
Kek Chris Pine does the same thing in an interview with Gal Gadot about Wonder Woman when Gadot says about the movie showing the strong beautiful side of woman and u can see Chris Pine look away.

How long until the men AND woman rise up against feminism in Hollywood?
>>
>>81745069
>ask james cameron
what the FUCK did they mean by this
>>
>>81761398
He means that Cameron never made Ripley to be a feminist character.

Take an interest in the post
Thread posts: 135
Thread images: 16

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.