[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Enterprise

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 174
Thread images: 24

What went wrong?

You can't even blame reviews since net review culture was still in its infancy at the time.
>>
>>81729495
Archer was a cuck.
>>
It was shit.
>>
It opened with Rod Stewart
>>
>>81729495
Graphics worse than TNG, DS9 and voyager
>>
It's a comfy show and the premise is interesting, but it's not really Star Trek. Star Trek nerds hated it because of that and people who weren't Star Trek fans weren't going to watch it in the first place.
>>
>>81729495

not a single likeable character in the crew, literally all dicks.
>>
ENT took the criticisms of Voyager onboard and decided to return Trek to its roots by giving us another exploratory show with a new Enterprise. The first season lost a lot of die-hard Trek fans because of small, annoying decisions like ripping off Spock and making the only vulcan onboard the first officer AND science officer, giving the opening theme lyrics instead of being an orchestral piece like all the others, retconning appearances and events for short-term excitement but no regard for the integrity of the series as a whole, etc.
Basically, it didn't feel at all like Star Trek except for the moments where it would unoriginally recycle Star Trek. Nothing was new or fresh until season 3 with the Xindi arc (and most people will tell you that season 3 and 4 were the better two seasons), and by then it was too late to save the show.
>>
>>81729495

the most horrific theme tune of all time, nobody got past it to see the show itself.
>>
>>81729620
Kinda depends on what kind of fan you were.

My dad was a big fan of the original series when he was growing up and casually enjoyed TNG, and loved Enterprise.

But if you're talking about people who go to conventions and shit, then yeah, you're probably correct.
>>
>>81729626
I'll clarify though that I really do like ENT, just answering OP's question.
My favourite season was 3, and I think it easily ranks among the top half of seasons across Star Trek.
>>
>>81729495
I loved that show. It introduced me to Star Trek(I am 21 years old)
>>
>>81729574
>>81729644

That intro killed it, its not really that bad a show and it had good ratings compared to tv shows now
>>
>>81729495

Braga and Berman of course.
>>
>>81729574
>>81729644
>>81729696
i...i really liked the intro. I actually got emotional seeing mankinds journey, it's discoveries and voyager spirit...
i thought the music really complemented it
>>
>>81729495
Not enough bullshit fixes for bullshit problems. In the words of Voltaire, "Bounce a graviton particle beam off the main deflector dish. That's the way we do things lads, we're making shit up as we wish."

Star Trek nerds love their last-minute problem resolutions, and this show didn't have that. Characters had to work through out solutions and they couldn't rely on plotonium to fix something.

Basically, if you're a fan of DS9, then you hated this show. If you're a fan of Voyager, then you're retarded. If you're a fan of TNG, then there's about a 50% chance that you liked this show.
>>
>>81729919
The visuals were excellent, the song is not. Nor is it at all Star Trek.
>>
>>81729941
The original intro was pretty good, and the song fit.

The remixed version was garbage.
>>
>>81729939
>"Bounce a graviton particle beam off the main deflector dish. That's the way we do things lads, we're making shit up as we wish."
m'nigga.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xwhAq3F8NCE
>>
>>81729941
>Nor is it at all Star Trek.

yeah, i think that was the biggest problem. I think it was offputting to most old time star trek fans. It didn't bother me that much though
>>
>>81729939
>If you're a fan of Voyager, then you're retarded
wanna fight irl, cunt?
>>
File: 1488206691545.png (1018KB, 1433x750px) Image search: [Google]
1488206691545.png
1018KB, 1433x750px
>>81729939
>mad
>at voyager
>>
>>81729495
>>81729620
>>81729941
>>81730022
When the first season came out it wasn't even called 'Star Trek: Enterprise', just 'Enterprise'.

They added 'Star Trek:' in the second season.
>>
File: 1492336969739.jpg (25KB, 600x421px) Image search: [Google]
1492336969739.jpg
25KB, 600x421px
>>81729939 #
I'll kick your ASS bro!
>>
>>81729623
Trip was very likeable you idiot.
>>
>>81729574
This.
>>
>>81729495
Archer was wrong. How the fuck did he ever make Captain (oh yeh because of daddy).

Seriously, he berates his own crew at every given oppertunity with sarcastic comments if they do anything he doesn't like and expects everyone to follow his Jesus level morals (even new alien species he's met for 5 seconds.

He retreats to his cabin all the time to sulk like a little kid and plays with a ball. He values his fucking dog over his crew. I could go on and on.
>>
>>81730272
Voyager had plenty of shows that could have been brilliant but just dropped the ball at some point. Like the episode where they find a holonovel about Chakotay and the other Maquis taking over the ship.
>>
File: 1489840210185.png (21KB, 200x194px) Image search: [Google]
1489840210185.png
21KB, 200x194px
Enterprise was my favourite Trek
>>
>>81730251
Yes, but it's still Star Trek.
That's like saying that The Empire Strikes Back isn't Star Wars because it wasn't in the original title.

Star Trek series begin with a gorgeous orchestral piece. Deliberately subverting that creates an immediate dissonance. The opening credits don't feel like Trek, at all.
>>
>>81730457
Same desu Enterprise is top tier comfykino
>>
>>81729495
I miss my beagle. They're lovable little shits.
>>
OFFICIAL /tv/ STAR TREK FANBASE POWER RANKINGS

1. ENT
2. VOY

POWER GAP

50. TNG

POWER GAP

100. TOS

POWER GAP

10001. DS9

ENT fans are the coolest and will always discuss their show in friendliest way, there are hardly any VOY fans and they tend to keep to themselves, TNG fans are very pretentious at times, TOS fans are all trying too hard and DS9 fans are niggers who constantly spew shit at every other fanbase and will never offer any real discussion about the show
>>
>>81730475
I hate the theme song too but the show itself is great.
>>
That dog is probably dead by now.
>>
>>81730501
>DS9 fans are niggers who constantly spew shit at every other fanbase and will never offer any real discussion about the show
He posts again, without irony.
>>
>>81729495
They put it on a network no one watched. I couldn't even see it till the second season. While I think fan criticism is a tad overblown they could have done more. Also, some of the characters are boring.
>>
>>81730436
And Picard was a dick in the first season(I don't know about the later seasons, he was so annoying I stopped watching it)
>>
Reminder that Sisko is worst captain:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7qdAoqe5JyE
>>
>>81729623
>Trip Tucker
>the second most likeable guy in all of Star Trek after Kirk
>not likeable
>>
Was better than Voyager at least.
>>81729626
audibly keked

>>81730048
>>81730272
>>81730179
Not him but Voyager's problem was they were on the other side of the universe where you'd think resources would be scarce but the show didn't have a beat-up look to it. Everything looked well-stocked and fresh every week and they'd constantly lose crewmen and they'd magically keep being replaced despite being on a relatively small ship.
>>
>>
>>81730475
I was agreeing with you and adding that the producers in the first season tried to do something new, but went back on it in subsequent seasons.

Every Star Trek show and movie has had Star Trek in the title. You can't compare it to Star Wars.
>>
>>81730534
No, he's off on a farm of a friend far away, where he can run around and play in large fields.
>>
>>81729495
Fucking hell, I was so happy when they casted Scott Bakula and they fucked it all.

Also couch casting Jolene Titfakes, not giving us any original content up until season 3-4.
The Temporal cold war thing was mismanaged and Rick Berman was so full of himself that he alone wrote that abysmal last episode instead of letting other, more talented people, work on it.

This, mixed with the poor results and direction of Nemesis (hiring guy who never directed a movie before and generally disrespected the whole cast and the franchise) caused the Franchise to explode.

The Trek Management of the time fucking killed Star trek.
>>
>>81730601
... I... I didn't say that?

>>81730515
Agreed. I prefer it to VOY and TOS.
>>
>>81730601
It's not like there's no resources in the Delta Quadrant. There's whole episodes addressing the issue. They get the airponics bay up and running at the start so they can reduce replicator use (everyone has limited replicator rations to conserve energy) and they have to hunt for power sources occasionally as they deplete their supply. They also have episodes where they upgrade Voyager's systems with alien tech and shit to improve power efficiency etc. I agree the ship could have maybe looked a bit more beat up but I just assume every so often they'd land on a planet and do major maintenance like they showed in that one episode.

Regarding the crew, Janeway and Chakotay estimated they could probably keep Voyager running with about 100 people, they started with 150 and only lost around 20. The only thing I don't think they ever addressed was the fact that at the start of the show they talk about how they don't have photon torpedoes to spare, yet later on they regularly fire full spreads without hesitation. They also lose a lot of shuttles, but I guess they have the ability to make new ones as they created the Delta Flyer.
>>
>>81729495

Dude, it was terrible.

The last straw which made Trek go away from TV.

Why are people so much in denial about the show lately.

Don't give me any Voyager Bullshit.

Enterprise, on its own, forget all the better shit before, was unwatchable.

Of course it was bolder in the end when they knew it didn't matter anymore. They tried to get back all those people that had bailed. And I think it was a huge troll because of the very last episode.

But it was really shit. The characters, most everything, and I really wanted to like, back then I was primed on Quantum Leap reruns that were constantly airing on USA.

Even as a young sci fi geek with no life, I and many others just couldn't find a reason to keep watching.
>>
>>81730988
>this post formatting
>>
>>81729495

I loved ENT
>>
>>81730962
>I just assume
Well good for you, but they never indicated any of this in the show. They were never shown to take damage, never mind repair it. They said in the pilot there's "no way to create more" photon torpedoes once they use up the 38 on board but they appear out of the ether. Sure, they can create a delta flyer, but why would you assume they are capable or would be motivated to exactly recreate their missing shuttles with exact replica materials?

The easy answer is they were just hacks who didn't care about continuity.
>>
>>81731033

I'm just so sure people won't read anything that seems too long.
>>
>>81730988
I thought the boldness was a down season, outside Shran who was always the top of every season. Season 1 was pretty okay, fuckin around TOS style except with even less clues as to what was going on around them. Just discovering shit for earth. If they had let the fucking tone of the show stay still for more than one season maybe they could have nailed it. Instead they just producer'd the fuck out of it. Focus group'd to shit, I imagine.
>>
>>81731136
>they never indicated any of this in the show
It's a logical assumption because they showed in the show that they would land on planets and do major engineering maintenance/repairs (They had a whole episode dedicated to it, 'Nightingale' I think). It makes sense that they would do it regularly but not necessarily make an episode out of it every time.

Also the ship wouldn't necessarily take a whole lot of physical damage to the hull in the first place, most damage is absorbed by shields.
>>
>>81730830
My bad. Meant for >>81729939

>>81730962
Yeah but what about the birdhead?
>>
>>81730501
>show with nigger captain has nigger fanbase
Really makes you think.
>>
>>81730962
>They also have episodes where they upgrade Voyager's systems with alien tech and shit to improve power efficiency etc. I agree the ship could have maybe looked a bit more beat up
The Xindi arc does voyager better than voyager. The enterprise gets beat to shit and by the end of the season its barely hanging together.
I get that they didn't want to mess with much continuity and keep it more episodic, but you know show some progression.
I would have liked at least a little bit shown between seasons. Missed opportunity to not havr voyager look like the enterprise from the E^2 that had been lost in the expanse for a century and its been retrofitted with all kinds of additional tech.
You know, have a big chunk of the ship replaced with borg tech with the exposed superstructure and green lights. Maybe one of the nacels is replaced with some salvaged federation ship that they found in the delta quadrant.
Whatever, voyager is missed opportunities: the series.
>>
File: 1465824387124.png (441KB, 736x552px) Image search: [Google]
1465824387124.png
441KB, 736x552px
>>81731465
>You know, have a big chunk of the ship replaced with borg tech with the exposed superstructure and green lights.
They had that for a few episodes then they got rid of it, made up some shit about how it was interfering with Voyager's systems so they had to remove it. I guess people didn't like the way it looked.
>>
>>81731569
>oh no fans don't like how it looks
>better compromise the story to please these autists
Cucks
>>
>>81730501
TNG > DS9 > ENT > VOY > TOS

>inb4 pleb
For every astoundingly good episode there were 15 hours of utter shit. TOS has the best episodes of any series but the series as a whole is the weakest.
>>
>>81731569
Voyager should've gone pretty much like A Year of Hell
>Stranded
>Limited resources
>The ships gets more and more damaged as the years pass
>Borg Space
>No hope
>Janeway makes an alliance
>The Borg pretty much rebuild and reinforce Voyager
>It's a fucking battleship now
>They also have universal assemblers
>Voyager cut ties with the Borg
>Seven manages to detach the whole ship from the Collective although the Borg are still chasing Voyager from across the Quadrant although they're not that serious about it
>Unimatrix Zero happens
>Voyager is a fucking menage now
>They chase it even more
>Admiral Janeway comes back in time to avert the assimilation of the Alpha Quadrant.
>They manage to destroy the Transwarp hub
>The Borg collective is fucked up as a result
>They have the time to prep for the invasion now thanks to the tech installed and studied on Voyager.
>Voyager ends
>this is actually a prequel for Star Trek Nemesis, which doesn't feature an evil clone, but a full fledge invasion from the Borg.
>Picard has to deal with everything
>He probably dies in the end by saving or destroying the borg or survives saved by Q, who brings all over the universe(s) to witness creation.
>TNG ends.
>Star trek is free to go where ever it wants.
>>
>>81730575
>Kirk
>likeable
(you)
>>
>>81729919
That probably went over most viewers heads though.

Although Star Trek can be intellectual, most of it's fans are normie tier manchildren.
>>
>>81729623

Trip is probably one of the most normal characters to ever be in Star Trek and most relatable/likable.
>>
>>81731859
>Voyager should've gone pretty much like A Year of Hell
Or Battlestar Galactica.
>>
File: 1458445493877.png (7KB, 191x234px) Image search: [Google]
1458445493877.png
7KB, 191x234px
>>81729495
>its a porthos episode
:3c
>>
I tried to eatch ENT a few years ago. Couldn't get past S1E03.
Hated the intro
Hated Hoshi
Couldn't tell first officer and security chief apart, or remember their names.
Vulcan love slave/sex object inferior to jadzia and tits of 9.
Phlox was kind of interesting, but couldn't make up for the rest.
>>
>>81732285
>Hated Hoshi
you take that back
>>
>>81732285
I can understand why you didn't make it past the 3rd episode that one was particularly bad. There were quite a few terrible episodes in the first season unfortunately.
>>
>>81732285
You just have to sit through a bunch of eps til Shran shows up then that's motivation enough to finish.
>>
File: 1463176425432.png (488KB, 600x484px) Image search: [Google]
1463176425432.png
488KB, 600x484px
it had the comfiest uniforms
>>
>>81733230

Pockets, revolutionary.
>>
>>81729495
currently rewatching it

actually liked Season 1. It has very few terrible episodes. All in all it's okay. It also has a lot of fan service in it. it feels like a modern approach of Enterprise.

What went wrong? I think by the time people really demanded continuity, while Rick Berman wanted to keep doing it the old way with "resets" every episode.

Also people got so assmad over the intro. Like really really autistic mad because it didn't have classical music. (hint: it's actually the best Enterprise intro)

Enterprise gets too much hate in here. It's actually levels ahead of Voyager.
>>
File: laughing.jpg (35KB, 546x453px) Image search: [Google]
laughing.jpg
35KB, 546x453px
>>81729939
>if you're a fan of DS9,

I thought he died.
>>
>>81733401
The imagery of the ENT intro is by far the best of any Star Trek, but the music is a big turnoff. A classical orchestral piece probably wouldn't have fit with it that well either, but they could have found something in between. Definitely shouldn't have had vocals, at least.
>>
>>81731859
This is the only Voyager idea I think I've ever liked.
>>
>>81732425
>>81732285

You should have kept watching. She died in the last season in a hilarious way: fell off a cliff on the Xindi planet in slooooow motion.
>>
>>81733230
ENT uniforms were designed a bit like military BDUs minus the camo, instead of on TNG which had the "ugliest leisure suits ever" or in Abramsverse Trek with the football jerseys.

Yes, ENT uniforms were the best.
>>
>>81733990
What, Hoshi doesn't die
>>
>>81731859
>>He probably dies in the end by saving or destroying the borg or survives saved by Q, who brings all over the universe(s) to witness creation.
>>TNG ends.

>Picard gets a monumental funeral, the whole federation is grateful for his sacrifice
>Riker gets command of the Enterprise, finally decides to marry Deanna
>As the Enterprise, now fully repaired, exits space dick, we hear the voice of Picard
>Space, the final frontier, these are the voyages of the starship Enterprise, its continuing mission, to explore strange new worlds. To seek out new lives and civilisations. To boldly go where no one, has gone before.
>The Enterprise goes to warp, the star trek tune is about to kick in but, we hear Q.
>Come on Jean Luc, it's going to be FUN.
>TNG tune starts, credits roll.
>>
File: SmugBoy.jpg (9KB, 350x232px) Image search: [Google]
SmugBoy.jpg
9KB, 350x232px
I was once a die hard card carrying Enterprise hater. But I've said it once and I'll say it again. If you haven't got into Enterprise yet because it looks like shit then you have to do what I did and watch it a certain way.

Start with the very first and last episodes of Season 2 only. Because they are pretty essential to a later, larger plot line.

Then watch all of Season 3 which is the best season of all. Then follow it up with Season 4.

After that you will be fully invested in the characters and you can go back and watch the weaker early episodes at your leisure and actually enjoy them instead of just hunkering down and suffering through them to get to the good stuff.

At the end of Season 4 you will wish there were more episodes and luckily for you there will be because you saved the early seasons for later.
>>
>>81734856

That's actually kind of smart, huh.
>>
I liked it a lot actually might be because it was my first trek but still.
Also archer,trip and t'pol were all nice characters.
Have to say rest of the bridge officers were a bit boring but still all in all 7-8/10 for me.
>>
>>81734892

Don't listen to the Anons that will tell you to simply watch it chronologicaly. They think you have to suffer through the early seasons when it's completely unnecessary to do that.
>>
>>81735043
>>>81734892
Don't listen to the Anons that will tell you to watch it in some stupid arbitrary order. They'regiant pussies, and can't handle investment into a show.
>>
>>81734534
Check again dudebro

they even had an empty torpedo tube funeral
>>
File: Screenshot_20170417-101956.png (226KB, 1152x1087px) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot_20170417-101956.png
226KB, 1152x1087px
>>81735191
Why do people make shit up?
>>
File: pepe-the-frog.jpg (33KB, 600x600px) Image search: [Google]
pepe-the-frog.jpg
33KB, 600x600px
>>81735178

>Thinking watching Star Trek makes you tough.
>>
>>81735270

How close do you think she was to simply giving in and having eternal intespecies sex with that super ugly alien dude?
>>
-Shit casting.
-A neat premise, but the writing was as vacuous as the cast. "Oh no, we're in trouble! Wait - thank goodness the Vulcans are here to save us." :P
-As others have said here, horrible, horrible intro theme.
>>
>>81735449
Are you a shitpost nigger?
>>
>>81729495
He never leaped.
>>
>>81734855
>>
>>81734052
>ENT uniforms were the best.
The TOS movie uniforms were objectively the best. But ENT is a close second for actually being functional.
I mean I get what they were going for with the TNG pajamas but jesus, I wonder how many people didn't join starfleet because the uniforms are aesthetically offensive.
>>
>>81735507

Huh? Does the thought of your waifu being defiled in a hundred different ways by an ugly, likely enlarged and deformed alien penis for the next hundred years trigger you?

I mean you can't see she didn't at least think about it.
>>
File: 1487054335192.jpg (40KB, 864x864px) Image search: [Google]
1487054335192.jpg
40KB, 864x864px
>>81730631
oh the middle school memories... i watched this scene over and over desperate for a nip slip that would never exist
>>
>>81733551

After watching the intro a hundred times I can't be the only one here who has grown to like the song ironically.
>>
>I didn't watch this series because "the intro wasn't how it should be"

how autistic are trek tards?
>>
File: 1483563267077.jpg (26KB, 500x593px) Image search: [Google]
1483563267077.jpg
26KB, 500x593px
>>81735912

>tfw crackhead t'pol in the later episodes.
>>
>>81735960

I had a weird reaction to it, when I originally watched it live, I didn't mind, then I grew to hate it, now I don't mind it again.
>>
>>81735960
>not liking faith of the heart post ironically
ITS BEEN A LONG ROAD!
It was executive meddling that did it to be honest. The original theme was supposed to be another version of "Archer's Theme" that plays over the end credits.
>>
>>81729597
The CG was superior to Voyager or at least comparable.

As far as I remember, Foundation Images was the company who did the visuals for Enterprise.
>>
File: 1489402529520.jpg (15KB, 319x233px) Image search: [Google]
1489402529520.jpg
15KB, 319x233px
>>81729623
T'Pol was an interesting character, Archer was a goober but likable and eventually a determined madman by season 3. By season 4, he had literally held on to Sarek's cotra and was ascending to elder god tier status.

Unlike pic related, who was striking alliances with the Borg and genociding ayys for their version of coffee grounds.
>>
>>81736232
where does this picture come from
>>
>>81736144
ENT was definitely #1 in executive meddling.
>>
>>81736172

I eventually grew to realy like Enterprise but to this day I still find the production design in Voyager to be superior in every way.
>>
The intro was fucking awful.
It fell back on sexualizing it's female characters way too often.
T'Pol's nips were really distracting.
It felt way too 90's, like the Highlnder and Crow shows.

But it was pretty decent overall. I really liked that arc where they went after those aliens that attacked Earth and I think Archer and Trip were good characters. You can't beat genuine Backula.
>>
>>81729495
No part of any Star Trek should involve long story arcs dragging through a whole season.
Too many time travel plots.
Prequels are always a bad idea.
>>
>>81736293
Nemesis
>>
>>81736321
They were both done by the same production company (unless you were referring to the ship and uniform designs).
Enterprise was being rendered on the same budget and software for the most part, I rarely saw much of a difference except for in the way they shot the moving parts together.
>>
>>81736232
Archer didn't have the benefit of the legacy of starfleet that the rest of the captains had, or the might of the federation behind him.
He made mistakes because he was in uncharted territory. He did the best he could and highlighted why things like the prime directive were so important.
Also its a humanity thats transitioning from modern humans and the advanced ethically evolved humans of the later franchises.
>>
>>81736293
Star Trek: Voyager
>>
>>81736387

To me Voyager never looked cheap but in Enterprise things on screen looked cheap a lot of the time. Conspiracy theory, it could have been done on purpose to try and recreate some of that retro OT feel.
>>
>>81736348
You're going to love Discovery
>>
>>81736529

>OT

Woops got my franchises mixed up. I meant TOS
>>
>>81736348

>No longer story arcs in Star Trek

I guess you didn't like DS9 then.
>>
File: GenocideFULLSPREAD.png (201KB, 576x432px) Image search: [Google]
GenocideFULLSPREAD.png
201KB, 576x432px
>Hating on ENT for this dumb *censored*
fucking wew lads
>>
>>81731859
>movie is called Star Trek Nemesis, features Picard
>doesn't feature his Nemesis, the Borg
Never understood this either, what the fuck were they thinking?
>>
>>81736755
The movie was full of bad decisions from a Director who didn't even want to direct the damn film.
>>
>>81736805
really could've been greast but as they say: "all good things.."
>>
>>81736805
>The movie was full of bad decisions from a Director who didn't even want to direct the damn film.
story?
>>
>>81729919
> seeing mankinds journey

White people did everything
But it's "mankinds journey"
huh
Gotta fill the Enterprise up with affirmative action crew
>>
>>81736653
The war is when the series went to complete shit.
>>
>>81730988
The best way to watch the series finale is to cut all the Riker bullshit. They actually showed Chef walking on the Catwalk episode and I knew it was him just from his goofball gait. I didn't think they would actually do what they did though, I thought it was just a little Trek nod, like having Odo or Tuvok actors play other roles in other treks.

But no, they chose to ruin 4 seasons of investment that easily.
>>
File: ENT_Cast1.jpg (157KB, 904x584px) Image search: [Google]
ENT_Cast1.jpg
157KB, 904x584px
>>81736883
>Gotta fill the Enterprise up with affirmative action crew
i have no clue what you're talking about
>>
>>81737107
*posts the one picture he finds without the black guy in it*
>>
>>81737107
>conveniently leave out the helmsman
I mean he was the most boring character ever put to screen but he was still a main cast member.
>Archer was a Wasp, Tucker was a Texan, Malcolm was a brit, Hoshi was asian (of some sort) and their doctor was a fucking alien
But no diversity at all amirite? They all had separate thought patterns that stemmed from their place of birth. THAT is character, not just having different colors.
>>
>>81736833
>Braid was brought in by Berman to give "A new sense of direction and fresh ideas to the movie"
>Braid only directed two movies before nemesis and only worked as an Editor prior to those
>He never watched an episode of Star Trek, had no esperience with the Franchise whatsoever
>Had a massive Ego and wanted to make the movie "His own"
>Braid was generally disliked by the whole cast
>He constantly called Levar Burton "Laverne"
>He then constantly ignored advices by both Frakes, Burton and David Carson who worked directing roles in previous Star Trek movies and episodes.

Although, for all the hate we give to him, the story was written by John Logan with the supervision of Rick Berman, some other guy and fucking Brent Spiner.
>>
File: 1487064163855.gif (1008KB, 320x240px) Image search: [Google]
1487064163855.gif
1008KB, 320x240px
>>81729495
the entire cast should have refused to shoot the series finale
>>
>>81737403
what the fuck

whenever I read stuff I like this I have to wonder, is everyone in Hollywood just constantly on drugs?
>>
I'm watching Enterprise for the first time and it's pretty good. I'm up to an episode about telepathic Andorians. Much better than Voyager.
>>
Nothing. It was great. DS9 is absolute shit with its forced 90s morality memes. Voyager is silly as fuck but has its moments. TNG is great but it's completely carried by Stewart and would have been awful without him.
>>
>>81737567
DS9 had a lot of grey morality stuff, that's basically all it had. Cynicism and everyone was a bad guy.
>>
>>81737457
I don't know. Frankly, I'm glad Berman is out.
Braid never worked again apart from Editor stuff four years ago.
>>
>>81737567
In what sense does DS9 have morality meme episodes but TNG not? They actually had a drug PSA episode in case you missed it. Or is it just (You) again?
>>
>>81737621
>Cynicism and everyone was a bad guy.
molly was never bad
>>
>>81737621
It had le angry Blackman captain complaining about racism that happened hundreds of years before he was born and at the same time being the biggest racist on the show. Also, hopping over to the mirror universe to have lunch with your dead mom. Quark was the best character.
>>
>>81730665
>Fucking hell, I was so happy when they casted Scott Bakula and they fucked it all.

I'm so glad that Bakula got NCIS:New Orleans. He's a bro tier actor and deserves a hit show.
>>
>>81730370
>>81730575
>>81732220

Trip was an annoying faggot
>>
>>81737567
>morality memes
You mean, those things that Star Trek does when it's at its best? If you want to watch some light-hearted sci-fi romp, there are better shows out there for you.

I bet you think the Star Wars prequels are great too. Fucking 90s faggots.
>>
>>81737651
TNG does but they make it connect to the story. DS9 had an episide where the whole show is hinted at being in the imagination of a pissed off black nerd writer in the 50s crying about muh racism.
>>
>>81737708
Commander Blackman complained about racism like once, when he was from the past. He's definitely one of the most racist guys on the show but it works out as he has to confront all those racisms.
>FERENGI IN STARFLEET?
>>
>>81737726

He's been on quite a few shows over the years so he's done pretty well for himself.
>>
>>81737684
Even Molly knew that Bashir was something special to her daddy. She says things all the time alluding to her knowing it is some freaky extra-marital thing that isn't quite homogay but might as well be. She was like 7.

>>81737708
>Quark was the best character
Only because everyone else was so retarded. All the Ferengi were great compared to all the other shitty characters.

>>81737757
In what way? he was a normal guy who got his hometown obliterated and was bitter about it, but still saw the awesomeness of space. He was justified telling idiots to fuck off with their autism.
>>
>>81729969
I never got over the intro change.
>>
>>81737708
>It had le angry Blackman captain complaining about racism
In one scene of one episode, and he went back on it a few minutes later anyway because his wife convinced him he was being stupid

>happened hundreds of years before he was born
He lived through it in Far Beyond the Stars

>>81737773
>TNG does but they make it connect to the story
So does DS9, it wouldn't make any sense if they weren't.
>>
>>81730501
except for the fact that DS9 won the /trek/ strawpoll about favorite series
>>
>>81737805

Well trip was instrumental in fucking over space nationalists. I mean whatever Terra Prime was.

Space fascists?
>>
Enterprise should have been about the adventures about Captain Christopher Pike
>>
>>81737779
His entire character was built upon not trusting others except his own family. His family starts as an idiot son and Admiral Cartwright, then he expands that definition to his crew. But everyone else is to be hated to him. They have the same mortal failings as him and his "family" but ITS REAL! because they aren't his family.

Dude was a fucking waste, and as the series goes on and he embraces his role as emissary and less as cpt. Sisko you see him indulging in the thoughts, becoming comfortable being seen as above others.

>>81737843
>Space fascists?
Space realists. Terra Prime did nothing wrong.

>>81737859
It was, in the mirror universe. Trip's facial disfigurement was identical to Pike's when he was all beep booped.
>>
>>81729574
it wasn't even rod stewart, it was a cover.
>>
>>81737567
I liked the music they played when people were overcoming prejudice lol
Turn up the Injustice melody a lil
>>
File: raw.cf.gif (517KB, 300x230px) Image search: [Google]
raw.cf.gif
517KB, 300x230px
>>81737958
At least he betrayed his uniform for Petty reasons tho
>>
rod stewart, meh ratings and trigger happy execs that kill everything very quickly. enterprise was decent and the 4th season was showing major pickup compared to the others, but they killed it. you need to commit to a trek show, its never ever going to be a smash hit with shit tons of viewers. instead they get people hooked in the long term as fans.
>>
>>81738077
And he dies like a bitch, leaving his son lost without him (already shown to be a character trait of Jake), and a traitorous woman with his unborn child (that may or may not be a reincarnation of his ideals).

The one black captain abandons his family in the end, after succumbing to a messiah complex so strong he began to believe it in real life.

Avery Brooks would have been a better Cardassian, but no one replaces Dukat or Damar so he would have to be a new character. He should have played that Cardassian at the end that was played by the black guy from total recall.
>>
File: TPol.jpg (17KB, 247x499px) Image search: [Google]
TPol.jpg
17KB, 247x499px
>>81729620
This was pretty much my take on it as well. It was decent sci-fi, bad Star Trek.

>>81729969
The change to that more upbeat 90s sitcom version was so jarring, especially since things were getting darker in the series at that point.
>>
>>81737708
Sisko commented on being black in 2 episodes out of 173.

How many times have you complained about that? Was it more than 2 times? You're more obsessed than he is.
>>
>>81737726

I never ever liked Scott Bakula and always thought he was a cornball but them turning him into a massive sociopath on Ent made me really like him there.
>>
>>81739051

>When he goes full pirate in season 3
>>
>>81739051
I like Count Chocula but I'm a latent homosexual who finds his daddy angle appealing.
>>
File: Rick_Berman.jpg (242KB, 602x820px) Image search: [Google]
Rick_Berman.jpg
242KB, 602x820px
>>81739326
>homosexual
How does it feel knowing that this Executive Producer of Star Trek wants you to die horribly and then suffer forever in eternal hellfire?
>>
>>81739430
He ruined a marriage that ended up with 8 years of King Nigger. His opinion has 0 weight with me and I love Star Trek.
>>
File: Brannon_Braga.jpg (431KB, 711x1009px) Image search: [Google]
Brannon_Braga.jpg
431KB, 711x1009px
>>81739471
It was actually Brannon Braga who castingcouched Jeri Ryan.
>>
>>81729495
It was canceled just as it was getting really good, xindi wars were kind of dumb but the last season was top tier and the next season would probably have been about the formation of the federation
Also the intro was total trash
>>
>>81729495
The opening theme
>>
>>81739523
I couldn't even be bothered to know which one it was, thats how much I care about them.
>>
>>81733230
They look more like a mechanics outfit or a NASA suit. But at the time, pockets and cargo pants were cool. I wish it had more color. T'pols outfit reminds me of Seven.

With T'Pol I did get that feeling of a spock-type character before Spock is in the timeline, and she has to be like Seven. It wasn't until the I love Lucy Episode did I like her.

I can't exactly say why I wasn't into ENT. I was so hyped for it. I ended up watching one season and part of the second and then I forgot it was on. I know the Xindi arc is supposed to be good, but I just end up falling asleep during fight scenes.
>>
>ENT babies are now old enough to defend this "show"
>>
>>81739523
He also couchcasted Jolene Blocktits.
>>
>>81739326
they must've known, they have him take off his shirt more than kirk did
>>
Voyager is what happens when the gays run wild with Star Trek
Even the hologram doctor was gay
>>
>>81742612
If Gene Roddenberry wasn't dead when Voyager came out, it'd have killed him
>>
Watched TOS as a small kid in reruns. was cool. got me into scifi.
watched STTNG as a teen. loved that show.
DS9 was cool as a spin off. a different slant on things
VOY wasn't half bad. certainly not as bad as people claimed. Ent was horrific. second episode was about a worm and i watched a couple more of the first season and left and never went back.
For tng, ds9, and voy it took 3 seasons for the series to kick into gear. i wasnt going to waste time with ent to do the same.

It had Scott Bakula from quantum leap which i loved but he was written so badly it was just terrible. the fault lies with braga and berman. A classic case of people who just didn't know when to leave. they did good work ( the ending of STTNG is perfect) but they ran the show into the ground. The epsiodes of ENT i did watch i could pinpoint where they stole scenes or plots from previous shows.

WIth STNNG i grew up in a very black and white world. lving and ito for 40+ years i relaise that is bullshit. my idealist star utopina ideals are no fuckign more. It's why i feel i'm going to hate the new trek series. I just dont buy into that liberal bullshit anymore.
>>
The opening credits/theme being popular music style instead of a sweeping orchestral piece really really REALLY fucked with my head. This is Star Trek, it takes nearly unquantifiable levels of Autism to like it in the first place. You can't take the formula and just start fucking with the very first steps. Pot created such a bad taste I turned it off and didn't watch the show u til years and years and years later on Netflix. It was an ok series and I don't mind the other stylistic departures. It is Star Trek. Bit boy does it take some acclimation especially of you grew up on that continuity of timeline and style and feel that transitioned gradually and interestingly from TNG to DS9 to Voy. To be thrown back in time with that intro was a black dick slap to the face.

My ranking Voy>TNG>Ent>TOS>D$9
Thread posts: 174
Thread images: 24

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.