[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Mark Hamill disgrees with everything that Disney has done to

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 321
Thread images: 49

File: 15-3.jpg (24KB, 648x360px) Image search: [Google]
15-3.jpg
24KB, 648x360px
DISNEY FUCKING BTFO!!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vXD0X1_Puyw
>>
They're so good at generating controversy,
>>
This has always been true. Hamill wanted Luke to go sith, atleast NOW he kinda gets his wish going grey.
>>
>>81728025
Pretty sure Harrison Ford had the same thing with RoTJ.
>>
>>81728096
the crazy coke addict is dead so now the media shitposting is up to him.
>>
>>81728113
>Hamill wanted Luke to go sith, atleast NOW he kinda gets his wish going grey.
But he said he doesn't like how they are handling his character in episode 8...

I hope he does go Gray and not return to the light side
>>
>>81728025
This is the worse thing Mark Hamill has experienced ever. At least when his friend for decades died he was able to bring hating Trump into the conversation
>>
>>81728025
He wanted Luke to turn to the dark side in RotJ, though.
>>
>>81728173
I know. Would have been so much better
>>
>>81728202
But temporarily or joining Vader against Sheev ??
>>
>>81728229
To me Vader would still kill Sheev and Luke would mourn Vader but he would return to Leia as a Sith and not a Jedi
>>
File: Occultists.jpg (60KB, 204x374px) Image search: [Google]
Occultists.jpg
60KB, 204x374px
>>81728113

Luke Skywalker is basically Lucifer, who is totally not Satan. The Star Wars movies are one big Hegelian Dialect.
>>
File: image.jpg (79KB, 628x628px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
79KB, 628x628px
Let's face it, it's Luke's movie. No one can change that. He'll be Vader on acid.
>>
>>81728025
>Mark Hamill disgrees with everything that Disney has done to Luke Skywalker
Why is this a bad thing?
>>
>>81728142
This

Cokehead is dead and they killed off Solo. Who else are the media going to talk about?

>The monkey?
>The boy with no tits?
>The guy who does the voice of C3PO?
>The ugly indiefilm fag from Girls?
>The guy in the Wookiee outfit who's just happy to have a paying gig?
>The guy who sold the franchise and has nothing to do with it anymore
>>
>>81729033
I wouldn't call Mr. Driver ugly, he has an 'interesting face'.
>>
File: 1324997127667.jpg (131KB, 623x399px) Image search: [Google]
1324997127667.jpg
131KB, 623x399px
In one of the SW books, Palpatine reincarnates and Luke Skywalker has a crisis point where he joins the Dark Empire in a scheme against Palpatine.
Perhaps the whole event rubbed off on him, he had a character growth that moved beyond the black/white moral simplicity and he saw a road towards stability and order with this experience as a Dark Side underdog, leading him on a grey path and potentially the dark side as well.

I think Hamill wanted this road precisely.
>>
File: rey.jpg (425KB, 1566x652px) Image search: [Google]
rey.jpg
425KB, 1566x652px
>>
>>81728025
At least one guy isn't part of this Disney circlejerk of actors and nerds.
>>
I mean, I obviously always like Luke and the OT, but Mark Hammil is one of the most based actors out there.
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2qLXcl5uCK0

Hamill is absolutely right.

I also hate the arrogance of these new directors. Hamill's been in the mind of Luke for 40 YEARS. Actors whov'e been so invested in their parts deserve serious attention.
>>
>>81729317
WILSONED
>>
>>81729699
Mark Hamill is a treasure
>>
Lukes going to die, saving Rey from his autistic nephew
>>
>>81729699
Luke probably won't even have reunion with Leia before he's killed. Fuck nu-SW.
>>
>>81729699
>Luke and Leia might have witnessed Han's death
That's a good storytelling idea, but it might have shrunk the Galaxy even more.
>>
>>81728550
That's kinda the whole point of SW in general. Luke and Anakin were the morning stars, the bringers of light. Both rebelled against the system to change the mandate of the galaxy, much like Lucifer fought heaven for control.
>>
>>81730282
I thought that the point of the OT was that Luke was restoring the system after Anakin threw it out of whack in the Prequels and that the point of the whole saga was that there is an objectively good way to live embodied by the light side of the force.

This grey shit just seems to me like a bunch of edgelords tipping their fedoras because they were smart enough to once skim-read a paragraph summary of Hegel, or more likely they just played KOTOR 2, which was written by somebody who did that.
>>
>>81730580
Kotor2 is unironically great though.
>>
>>81730839
Probably not even in the top 5 Star Wars vidyakinos.
>>
>>81729699
Damn he's so right.

It's like they're writing the scripts for the fans rather than the characters. They're going to fuck this up.
>>
>>81730963
I dont man it's probably the most kino star wars vidya in my opinion.
>>
>>81730580
The black and white morality of the OT is childish as fuck and the fact that contrarians like you are now pretending it's a GOOD thing to have no 3 dimensional, morally grey characters but everyone is a cartoon cardboard cutout is fucking ridiculous.
>>
>>81728025

It's a shitty clickbait title and people on here actually fall for it.

Retards.
>>
>>81728150
Trump, Trump? Did someone say Trump? Did you hear what Trump recently said/did/didn'tdo?
>>
File: 12 Year olds.jpg (101KB, 650x366px) Image search: [Google]
12 Year olds.jpg
101KB, 650x366px
>>81728025
Daily Reminder that these films are for 12 YEAR OLDS! 12.
>>
>>81729699
Man he seems like he really love the series and his character a lot
>>
>>81731298
They WERE for 12 year olds. Now they are for the adults who watched those movies back when they were 12.
>>
>>81731147
Because changing the Force into another Yin/Yang clone is so much more original. What's wrong with having the bad guys be bad?
>>
>>81731147
>The black and white morality of the OT
You're confusing the individual characters' viewpoints with the larger story they're part of. OT wasn't black and white at all.
>>
>>81729200
That arch was fucking terrible though.
>>
>>81731348
The manchildren who are still mentally 12 you mean
>>
>>81731348
Adults who want to pretend that they are still 12
>>
File: GET A LOAD OF THIS GUY.jpg (39KB, 636x358px) Image search: [Google]
GET A LOAD OF THIS GUY.jpg
39KB, 636x358px
>>81731348
>>
>>81728025
>DISNEY FUCKING BTFO!!
Everything Disney does is calculated, including this. You're probably a shill, and not even aware of it.
>>
>>81731348
They were for 13 year olds, not 12, 13. Possibly 11, but not 12. You are retarded.
>>
File: I leld.gif (437KB, 245x118px) Image search: [Google]
I leld.gif
437KB, 245x118px
>>81728025
>Luke in ROTJ: I am a jedi, like my father before me

>Luke in TLJ: Lol jk, I am a neutral now, fuck both dark and light side lmaoo
>>
>>81731590
>Why are there complex characters with moral subtlety in my movies, I can only understand 100% evil or 100% good saturday morning cartoon characters REEEEE
>>
>>81731668

>complex characters with moral subtlety
>Star Wars
>>
File: A Star Wars Fan.jpg (787KB, 1280x2176px) Image search: [Google]
A Star Wars Fan.jpg
787KB, 1280x2176px
>>81728025
Hey, where are all my friends? I'm 12. Honest. I want to play with you all.
>>
>>81728025
>actor disagrees with the writers
this has never happened before in the history of cinema. what a stunning and unexpected turn of events.
>>
>>81731759
Well I guess Disney has higher standards than Lucas did.
>>
File: 1490744730445.jpg (245KB, 1280x960px) Image search: [Google]
1490744730445.jpg
245KB, 1280x960px
>>
>>81728025
He has been bitching about Star Wars since the OT.
>>
>>81730991
The Jedi Knight series, TIE Fighter, the old Battlefronts and Pod Racer are all better off the top of my head.

>>81731147
>pshhh... in the real world there ARE no good guys. Try watching some Rick & Morty, christfags.

>>81731851
Is this a Yu Yu Hakusho reference?
>>
>>81731147
I find the idea that a character needs to stay good (harder than it looks) or fall to the dark side more interesting desu

With great power comes great responsability and absolute power corrupts absolutely and all that shit.
>>
>>81731348
They are for eternal manchildren.
>>
>>81731837
Disney shill detected.
Doing a completely 180 degree turns doesn't implicate complex nor moral subtlety
>>
>>81731892
Wait, are you seriously arguing that a 100% evil vs 100% good black and white morality is more realistic than moral grey areas? Just how autistic are you?
>>
wHY DOES HE GIVE SHIT, HE SHOULD BE LUCKY HE IS PLAYING LUKE, WITHOUT HIM HIS CAREER WOULD BE DEAD. I just realise that i forgot to turn off CAPS, too lazy to delete it.
>>
>>81731950
People have a harder time being grey, good or bad than being Good AND Bad alternatively irl
>>
>>81731906
It's not a complete 180 turn, it's just them acknowledging the superior writing of the EU, which has done the whole grey jedi thing since forever. The OT is literally the only Star Wars story that does the whole children cartoon morality. Even the prequels involuntarily introduced a moral complexity to the whole sith vs jedi thing that went right above Lucas' own head.
>>
File: [Laughing_Internally].jpg (18KB, 600x450px) Image search: [Google]
[Laughing_Internally].jpg
18KB, 600x450px
>>81731950
SW has no business expanding to grey areas because those movies are meant for children.
Luke being a grey Jedi is probably Rian Johnson's idea for fan service. This doesn't implicate good writing or any depth.
Grow the fuck up
>>
He still took the money and did the job, so fuck him.
>>
>>81731892
>"It's time for the Spirit Detectives to end"

>Skywalker has been recruiting his allies by showing them a video tape. A chronicle of man's inhumanity to man. It's called The Star Wars Holiday Special
>>
>>81728025

Now that we know the whole Force Tree rumors are true I'm really curious to see how the public is going to react.

The idea of saying that the light side of the force is feminine and the dark side is masculine seems very risky. You're basically saying that one gender is inherently evil.

I'm sure feminists will eat this up and praise it to high heaven, but I can't imagine that even the most cucked, feminist numale will be happy with this idea.

I honestly believe it will end Star Wars.
>>
>>81732047
Yes it is. It's just an edgy idea that the director wants to adapt for his movies.
Star Wars has been trying to be way too edgy since Empire Strikes Back got enormous attention for being dark
>>
>prequels shit all over jedi.
>fuckheads pretend there is no grey area.
from my point of view you are faggots.
>>
>>81732158
>prequels shit all over jedi
How?
>>
>>81732087
SW has already expanded to grey areas for decades you fucking retard. Also, Disney are the one who decide who these movies are meant for, not you. If they think the childish morality of the OT isn't what they want to go for, then you are the one who has to grow up and stop bitching about it like a little kid.
>>
>>81731772
Now this is brave.
>>
Can't they let the franchise die already? They have to ruin it by forcing diversity down my throat.

Jews man.
>>
>>81731950
>realistic
kys yourself. And Star Wars isn't a story about evil and good people fighting. It's about internal good and evil. Luke isn't an inherently good person and Sheev isn't inherently evil. The 6 movies were about the Skywalkers, beginning with Anakin. Anakin was a good kid who let the worst parts of his personality get the better of him and drive him to do awful things. Then his son Luke comes along and has all of this same stuff inside him but he realizes that it's not what he wants and because of this is able to restore balance to himself, his family and the entire galaxy, and so is Anakin right before he dies. The victory in Return of the Jedi isn't when Anakin throws Sheev into the Death Star's core, it's when he decides to. There was still good in Anakin and he chose to resist the evil inside himself and do the right thing. That's where the conflict is Star Wars was. It was about resisting the worst parts of yourself.

This can kind of work with where they're taking it but I doubt they'll be smart about it. The Jedi taught self-denial and isolation in order to avoid dangerous emotions by simply not feeling passionate about anything at all. That's the allure of the Sith. They aren't just edgelords who want to lord it over cucks who can't shoot lighting out of their fingers, they feel, they can throw their weight behind a cause, they can do stuff other than sit in their holo-chairs and discuss the droid attack on the wookies.

This movie though I'm afraid is just going to go
>duuuuuuddde, they're BOTH bad no good guize in the real world we're mature entertainment now still buy our new action figures though
>>
>>81732154
I love how faggots are now actually complaining that SW is TOO DARK. I swear you fucking contrarian mongoloids are soon going to argue that the new SW movies need a new Jar Jar to lighten up the mood or something.
>>
>>81728025
I have to say he aged quite well. I thought he would be some coke filled old man.
>>
>>81732208
SW has been doing it to be edgy, they want to create another ESB. Disney tries way too hard to adapt this shitty grey moral bullshit to please manchildren like you.

SW ended with OT and Prequels years ago, grow the fuck up. The movies you pay to watch now are try hard edgy movies to please both neckbeards and feminists
>>
>>81732257
You know, for a movie aimed at 12 year old children, you are awfully invested in it and put an awful lot of thought into it.
>>
>>81732318
You are the one that doesn't see that they are trying way too hard to be dark and edgy. Not for the sake of good writing, you fucking mong

Fucking Disney shill need to get the fuck out of here
>>
>>81732372
He is a Disney shill, paid to defend his employer
>>
>>81732189
Jedi are a bunch of cultists indoctrinating little kids, telling them they can never love anyone (big part of why Anakin ends up becoming Vader), and all the way to the top (Yoda, Windu) they are so fucking blind they can't tell Palpatine is a powerful Sith even though they interact with him personally on a daily basis. Then they all get slaughtered by the clone troopers because they can't even detect when someone intends to kill them, even though the rest of the movies any Jedi can do this with ease.

There are other reasons that I can't think of off the top of my head. I haven't watched the prequels in at least 5 years.
>>
>>81732337
> Disney tries way too hard to adapt this shitty grey moral bullshit to please manchildren like you.

But anon, I thought SW is aimed at manchildren. Manchildren who loved the OT, which did exactly what you want to see here, the morally immature black vs white stuff.

It's really pointless to argue with people like you because you have no real opinions, everything about you is based on being a contrarian.
>>
>>81732372
I'm not that poster who kept pushing the 12 year olds thing, but I like putting thought into crap. Makes me feel like I'm Armond White or Zizek. Would you like to hear why I sincerely enjoyed Fate of the Furious?

>>81732411
Walt Disney would declare a second Holocaust if he could see what's become of his company.
>>
>>81732337
There is only 2 SW movies: SW and TESB
There was a script called Revenge of the Jedi, but it never became a movie. Instead Lucas went for the toys for kids angle and changed Wookies for fucking Ewoks.

The saga ended on a great cliffhanger that wa snever ruined by a lackluster 3rd movie.
>>
>>81732379
>trying way too hard to be dark and edgy
>literally one line from the teaser trailer

Are you genuinely mentally challenged?
>>
>>81731955

He was lucky to be casted as Luke in the OG, but his career is based around fantastic VA work since then. He did not need to be in this new trilogy at all nor would anyone be able to fill his shoes as Luke.
>>
>>81732257
The real tragedy is that Vader had clearly thought shit through and had a proper vision, he was willing to take down the emperor but Luke rejected his offer. So Luke instead surrenders to the emperor and almost dies, and Vader has to get himself killed to save a guy who doesn't know what to do. It's not the worst possible outcome, but it's pretty bad. Vader is dead and with him whatever wisdom and ambitions he had. Luke is trapped in the old republic/jedi ideology fed to him by Ben and Yoda and with the rebels only looking to restore the republic as it was nothing has been achieved.
>>
>>81728633
>it's lukes movie

I want to believe
>>
>>81732127
You must be really naive.
>>
>>81732439
>but I like putting thought into crap
Today I learned that it's unusual to think about things.
>>
>>81732501
To be fair Luke and Vader post-Sheev mightn't have been that great. Vader wasn't mad but was probably twisted beyond ever really having sound judgement ever again. Episode 4 onwards he seemed to generally be a huge pushy asshole on a never-ending power-trip. At best he'd be like one of those lesser-fascists like Franco or maybe Salazar.
>>
>>81730042
If Luke wanted a reunion, he wouldn't be hiding.
>>
>>81731991
Nigger this isn't mass effect where every option is either altruistic or selfish.
>>
Would it be cool if Star Wars flipped the morally grey issue on its head and made it so that the light side began moving further and further light to the point where it was no longer distingushably good, while the same kind of thing happens to the dark side moving further and further dark until it seemed not strictly just bad and evil? Like what if the morally dark side and the morally light side ironically ended up becoming more morally complex than simply the intermediate grey?
>>
>>81732433
>telling them they can never love anyone
They're were guardians of peace and justice, basically soldiers. You can't be a defender of the entire galaxy if you're going to let personal attachments get in the way. Not once did it say in the OT that they should be allowed to get married.
>they are so fucking blind they can't tell Palpatine is a powerful Sith
That's the difference between Jedi and Sith, you autist. Vader didn't go on about how the darkside was more powerful than Jedi for no reason.
>they can't even detect when someone intends to kill them
That's because it happened in an instant. Most of them detected it but couldn't respond in time.
>even though the rest of the movies any Jedi can do this with ease
Since fucking when? I don't remember Luke knowing that he was walking into a trap or even preventing his hand getting chopped off. Hell, his first plan to get Han back failed.
>>
>>81730991
Eh.
>helping others is bad
>manipulate them instead
Not a good message to send to the viewers.
>>
>>81732604
Vader was pretty egalitarian for an imperialist henchman. When the high ranking imperial officers proved to be useless, Vader punished them and hired aliens and robots. He didn't seem to care much for the empire as an organisation in general, I don't remember how clear the movies were on this but I don't think he was even part of the official hierarchy, he was the emperor's direct representative after all. I wouldn't say that Vader really 'enjoyed' power the way Palpatine did.
>>
>>81732695
But... real life IS like that. We usually choose the selfihg potion as an individual and as a species though.
>>
File: Z66De01.jpg (141KB, 570x857px) Image search: [Google]
Z66De01.jpg
141KB, 570x857px
>>81732332
I guess he has Star Wars to thank for un-JUSTing him
>>
>>81732843
what ducking world do you live in where everything is black and white? Is invading a country for oil to secure resources for its people bad or good if the foreign occupants are harmed?
>>
>>81732825
He might not get off on abusing power for its own sake but he still seems to be a self-centered and unstable person. More than anything else the Jedi seem to be about stability.
>>
>Star Wars is all about trees and divine women now

It actually makes sense. It explains why Rey is so perfect in TFA. She's literally the reincarnation of the chosen one, the embodiment of the light side of the force which is e rudely feminine
>>
>>81731392
Better than anything Disney has come up with so far.
>>
>>81732878
>self-centered
Anakin was. Vader is impersonal. Would a self centered man even ask Luke to rule with him as his equal?
>>
>>81732915
>anakin is the chosen one
>he will bring balance to the force
>lol nope just kidding it's his son and daughter
>lolnope they failed so the force literally had to recreate another being via magic and shit
This'll repeat in 20 years
>>
>>81732915
She was only perfect as far as being able to physically overcome obstacles. Personality and all the rest didn't really scream 'divine.' She just seemed like a normal adventure movie heroine who never happened to lose a fight. Her turning out to be space lady Jesus would feel awfully contrived at this point.

>>81732953
If he saw some kind of practical benefit to it yes. And even selfish people care about their progeny. He'd want his successor to be of his own line rather than some faggot who was good at getting promotions.
>>
>>81732332
He let himself go, they mandated him to stop looking like a frog man as part of his contract. Once this wraps up he'll go back to being a shlub.
>>
>>81731147
There is literally nothing wrong with good vs evil.
>>
>>81731348
manchild
>>
>>81732730
>They're were guardians of peace and justice, basically soldiers. You can't be a defender of the entire galaxy if you're going to let personal attachments get in the way.

So that's why soldiers IRL can't get married. Got it.

>That's the difference between Jedi and Sith, you autist.

Jedi can sense everything else, especially when it has to do with the force, except Sith, Sith are invisible on their radar? I could let it slide if it was ever established, but it wasn't and it seems stupid. Force sensitives should universally recognize / sense each other.

>Most of them detected it but couldn't respond in time.

Bullshit. The message came in, the Jedi should have detected something was wrong right then, before the clone troopers even draw their guns. So what if 2-3 clone troopers open fire with their blasters? A regular, average Joe Jedi should be able to deflect that shit and get to some cover. The scenario was poorly thought out and poorly filmed. They would have needed something more elaborate, like steering the Jedi into enclosed spaces rigged with explosives. The way it went down in Episode 3 the more powerful Jedi should have all survived and rekt the clone army, and rekt the Emperor. When the Jedi are up against entire armies and there's blaster fire everywhere very few of them ever get hit. You can't deny this. Order 66 is simply not plausible in the same universe the rest of the movies take place in. And it's basically the one thing prequel apologists cling to as

>wasn't that really cool?

No, it wasn't, it made the Jedi look retarded.

>I don't remember Luke knowing that he was walking into a trap

Luke is no reference point for the prequels. The prequels multiplied what Jedi can do (plausible since we're looking at properly trained ones). Find me a moment in the prequels where a Jedi fails to react to a gun being pulled on him.
>>
>>81728025
>go on record saying TFA sucked (especially regarding his character) and that he disagreed with decisions they made
>state that last jedi is the same and he disagrees with everything they've done
>in order to not get disney mad at him says it's good thing because it worked with TFA... right?

mfw last jedi is just as bad as tfa
>>
>>81733023
What would you say Vader desires? Also, I don't think Luke being his son was the critical factor, it was more that Luke was a strong individual who hadn't hadn't fully committed to any side of the conflict (he left the rebels to follow Ben's advice, and came to Bespin solely to save his personal friends)
>>
>>81732674
BRAVO ABRAMS
>>
>>81733014
Anakin was never the chosen one, Qui-Gon and Obi Wan were the only characters who even believed he was, and it's revealed by the end of the prequels that they were mistaken.

Luke was canonically the chosen one pre-Disney, but Lucas only made that decision in retrospect. Originally there was no chosen one, the prophecy was created for the prequels.
>>
>>81732877
I'm a student in his early 20s. There is only black and white for me. Nothing else.
>>
>>81732561
overthinking childrens films is for idiots
>>
>>81733185
>Jedi can sense everything else, especially when it has to do with the force, except Sith, Sith are invisible on their radar? I could let it slide if it was ever established
It's established many times that Jedi can become clouded by the dark side.

"“The dark side clouds everything. Impossible to see the future is.” - Yoda
>>
>>81733222
After fucking up and losing Hershlag he only really seems committed to making sure his new Empire thing doesn't go to shit, so he's got that going for him. But 'I fucked up everything else in my life so let's see where this goes' isn't the best motivation a leader can have.
>>
>>81732332
He lost weight and grew a beard. He looked way worse before VII.
>>
>>81728025

I bet this is your fucking video, you tedious fucking charisma-free pleb. No wonder you had to trick people to watch your shite fucking blog.

FUCK OFF AND NEVER POST ON THIS BOARD AGAIN
>>
>>81733275
Overthinking for children flicks are for nu-males and neckbeards like Linkara and Nostalgia critic
>>
>>81733185
>So that's why soldiers IRL can't get married. Got it.
>comparing fictional peace keepers with real life soldiers
Idiot.
>Jedi can sense everything else
No they can't. I don't know where you get your delusions from. They already stated that thr darkside was able to cloud their senses so they couldn't detect Palpatine.
>the Jedi should have detected something was wrong right then
While fighting a war, with hundreds of droids blasting at you? All the jedi you seen get shot down were in the middle of a battle. Other times in other media, you see some Jedi manage to escape because they weren't fighting. Yoda was really the only wise one and sensed that something was wrong which is why he escaped.
>wasn't that really cool?
Who are you quoting?
>Luke is no reference point for the prequels.
Then what about Ben or Yoda?
>Find me a moment in the prequels where a Jedi fails to react to a gun being pulled on him.
Jango Fett pulled a blaster out and killed a jedi and Order 66 showed many jedi get shot down by their own troops.
>>
>>81733617
I preferred Order 67, where the Ewoks pretended to celebrate, only to cook Luke and his friends after the celebration.
>>
>>81732127
Ironically, within the concept of Yin and Yang, it's femininity that is dark/evil.
>>
>>81728025
fuck DIsney
>>
>>81733275
Adults create the media that children consume. We can safely assume that adults are smarter than children and put more thought into the things they create.

>>81733357
Vader's not an obedient servant if he has thoughts about overthrowing the emperor. You're putting too much emphasis on Vader's ruthless efficiency. That's his method but not his goal. He wouldn't extend his robo-hand to Luke if their ideas didn't align to some degree. The movies repeatedly suggest that Luke and Vader are alike, and the point never was that they share the same genes or whatever. Vader in ESB was essentially telling Luke that they are above the rebel-empire conflict, there's no reason for them to fight and that Luke could make a real difference by embracing the Vader-like qualities in him. Considering that Anakin had to go through some rough shit in order to arrive where he was, Luke simply wasn't ready for this.
>>
>>81733772
This is pretty common and not just a chinese thing.
>>
>>81732439
>I'm not that poster who kept pushing the 12 year olds thing

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X478wxxbkic

Just repeating what George gas recently said.
>>
>>81728025
What a fucking pointless video
>>
>>81734053
Does that mean we shouldn't look closely at it?
>>
>>81731772
literally stunning
>>
>debating about a movie for kids
What the hell happened with /tv/?
>>
>>81734053
wow star wars is definitely for intellectual adults like me judging by this video
>>
>>81728113
>Hamill wanted Luke to go sith,
Source? I'm not huge on SW but these Hamill videos have been great, he's really charismatic
>>
>>81731392
There was a lot of stupid shit in Dark Empire but the core theme behind it was actually done very well. It's only the surface level that was stupid.
>>
>>81733617
>comparing fictional peace keepers with real life soldiers

You did that, I just followed through. I have never heard of a real life military unit that forbids its members sex or love. The inspiration for that is obviously monks, not soldiers. It has nothing to do with defending the galaxy.

>While fighting a war, with hundreds of droids blasting at you? All the jedi you seen get shot down were in the middle of a battle.

That's not what happens in most of the order 66 scenes at all. Not even close.

>Who are you quoting?

Prequel apologists. Don't pretend like holding up order 66 as a good thing about the prequels isn't very common among them / you.

>Then what about Ben or Yoda?

Both sensed it and survived. That's my damn point.

>Jango Fett pulled a blaster out and killed a jedi

Here's that scene for reference. The Jedi is in the process of attacking COUNT DOOKU. One can see how that would occupy his attention:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lzdMyqZsJ2k
>>
P.S. And even then the Jedi attacking Count Dooku still noticed and deflected multiple shots.
>>
>>81731955
He's been sitting on a massive pile of cash since forever and he has a well paying, stable voice acting career. He literally didn't need to do shit and doesn't need to be grateful to (((Kikesney)))
>>
>>81734483
see the youtube roundtable videos he's in with Kevin Smith. It's like a dinner theme but I can't remember the name.
>>
>>81732127
>The idea of saying that the light side of the force is feminine and the dark side is masculine seems very risky. You're basically saying that one gender is inherently evil.
Source on this shit?
>>
>>81732501
>Luke as a sort-of Jedi, and Vader as a sort-of Sith, ruling the galaxy together
>their family bond is the only reason it works
I could dig it desu, neither of them are 100% for their specific path (Luke ditched training and has a lot of emotional investments, Vader is more tormented and beaten down than actually evil) and I can imagine that dynamic being pretty interesting and generally a positive influence on the universe
>>
>>81732439
>Would you like to hear why I sincerely enjoyed Fate of the Furious?
because you have shit taste. it's not a mystery
>>
>>81728025
>linking me to some kike's YouTube

Fuck off, shill.
>>
>>81729699
EVEN ACTORS CAN BE AUTISTIC ABOUT POINTLESS STUFF HUH?
>>
>>81729699
>actor disagrees with writer
holy shit, this is fucking groundbreaking. based Hamill for doing something NO ACTOR HAS EVER DONE BEFORE IN THE HISTORY OF CINEMA.
>>
>>81732711
Play KotOR 2, speak to Kreia as much as possible. That's exactly her shtick.

>>81734734
Ah yeah nice, he didn't mean permanently, just at the end of the trilogy Luke would be turned for a bit but his friendships would bring him back to the light.
>>
>originals started as self contained movie where the day is saved and the superweapon is blown up
>is expanded because of its success to a longer, darker story and expands on the themes and ideas introduced in the original

>years later sequel trilogy is created
>despite knowingly having a trilogy regardless of the film's success, they decide to have them blow up the superweapon again
>and it's even fucking bigger so it's a complete slap in the face that it takes one movie to destroy one that is clearly superior to the old one
>everything is just a rehash of the first despite being able to set up and gradually introduce characters across 3 films
>most of the film is mindless action scenes rather than trying to expand the ideas of the film's universe

These films are shit. Only Ep 4 can get away with a one film superweapon destruction because it was originally going to be just a single film had it not been so successful
>>
>>81735802
Kreia is poorly written. She wants you to react to situations as light and dark the whole game, then at the end LOL I'M A SITH TIME TO DIE FUCK THE LIGHT SIDE LMAO
>>
>>81729699
>Hamill's been in the mind of Luke for 40 YEARS

What a fucking loser
>>
File: zeroladen.png (50KB, 308x260px) Image search: [Google]
zeroladen.png
50KB, 308x260px
>>81728025
>"BTFO!!!!!1111!!!!!!!1!!!!!!1!!!"

This entire post and thread stinks to high heaven of foreign psyops.
>>
>>81728025
Dark Side Luke could have been cool
>>
>>81736515
Blame obsidian for rushing the ending
>>
Would've loved to have Ian back to play a Palpatine reincarnation. The most powerful man in the galaxy, why wouldn't he clone himself? Anything other than fucking Snoke.
>>
>>81733428
What do you want /tv/ to talk about then?

I swear some of you people are fucking retarded.
>>
>>81736800
Blame that greasy mocap kike who forces his bland shit on Hollywood. You will never get interesting looking designs when it has to be a humanoid head because mocap
>>
>>81732090

He got $5 Million for just a quick appearance in TFA. Its nothing but a cash grab for him.
>>
>>81736932
>implying he wasn't stacked with cash before
>>
File: tcw.jpg (66KB, 1080x1080px) Image search: [Google]
tcw.jpg
66KB, 1080x1080px
Im so fucking tired of this 'grey morality' shit. its fucking lazy as hell yet comes off as pretentiously 'deep'.
DA JEDI WERENT GOOD GUYS ALL ALONG, CAN YOU BELIEVE IT?
the sith were interesting because they were evil, and the jedi because they were good. and the complexities come with those lifestyles in a intergalactic setting.
when everything goes edgy grey and theres no good or bad guys everyones motivations become absolutely meaningless.
and i swear to god if rey goes phoenix force ripoff with light and dark side powers like an anime im gonna lose my shit.
>>
>>81732257
>kys yourself
>>
>>81729033
CHRIST you're mean.
>>
>>81728025
I fucking knew it. Fuck Disney.
>>
>>81728633
Old man revenge movie? That would be the best outcome.

>Rey speaks to Luke for 5 minutes in the movie, scenes with other characters from the trailer deleted in the final screen
>Focus switches completely to him
>Luke studied the ancient way and gained new potential forces
>channelling his strength he goes nuclear on Star Destroyer

90 minute massacre kino upon us, mark my words.
>>
>>81737613
what if he went nuclear upon Star killer showing up?
>>
>>81736540
Can you blame him? It's the biggest and possibly best thing he's been in and many of contemporaries have been in over those 40 years. Frankly, I'm relieved to see an actor that is still compassionate about the work itself.
>>
>have one chance to do a Star Wars sequel with all three of them still alive
>don't do any scenes with them
>kill off Han
>now Leia is IRL dead

damn they really fucked up
>>
>>81728025
>4 minute video
>literally says nothing
Thanks for shill your dumb video, OP.
>>
>>81729317
She bypassed the flight plan.
>>
>>81738794
They're going to CGI her into the movies
>>
>>81738794

also
>Han scene's are even worse than anything from ROTJ
>his death is too silly to be sad

That freighter scene where Han shows up and his death scene were the two far and away worst of the whole movie
>>
File: 1474290456842.jpg (22KB, 540x425px) Image search: [Google]
1474290456842.jpg
22KB, 540x425px
>>81737280
>>
>>81728025

Kino: ANH, ESB, ROTJ
Film: TPM, RO
Movie: TCW, ROTS,
Flick: TFA
>>
>>81730977
they already fucked it up.
>>
>>81731147
>>81732318
>>81732437
>"contrarian"
>"contrarian"
>"contrarian"
every time I see that word used for people criticising the new movies I know there is a fucking Disney shill behind it.
>muh if you don't like the movies you are contrarian
>>
>>81731147
>The black and white morality of the OT is childish as fuck
Wow, it's almost as if they're films for children
>>
>>81737280
You fucking monkey. You think cartoonishly simple narratives are more entertaining or exciting than realistic problems that use human emotions to force characters to make difficult decisions? Just read the Bible if you want 2D morality.
>>
File: IMG_8907.jpg (93KB, 662x662px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_8907.jpg
93KB, 662x662px
>>81729129
Adam isn't ugly. He's unique looking.

I would've been pissed if they cast some super handsome chad for the role anyways, at least Adam is a good actor.
>>
File: 1471574086880.png (60KB, 772x198px) Image search: [Google]
1471574086880.png
60KB, 772x198px
Reminder that everyone who doesn't like TFA and Rogue One is a /pol/edditor
>>
>>81741198
He looks like a white Eric Andre
>>
>>81737280
People don't understand this about Star Wars. It's a universe with a defined good and evil. One of the poorly-done plot points of the prequels was that as things turned grey it was hard to tell who was good and bad. As Anakin said - "from my point of view the Jedi are evil". Obi-Wan, strong in the light side of the force, knew this was bullshit.

So in a universe of defined good and evil, where is the interest since it's so "two dimensional"? It can come from mystery. In the Prequels - who was Sidious? What was his plan?

It can also come from suspense / action. In the OT - how will the Rebels win against impossible odds? Will Luke turn to the dark side like Anakin?

The "grey morality" can have it's place in Star Wars. After all even with a defined good and evil it doesn't mean that everyone is a perfect practitioner of their side. But implying that "both sides are wrong" or that there is a third better path goes against 6 movies worth world building. The light side is good.
>>
>>81741572
This is true. The only reason to hate those movies is if you're a alt-right / gamergater / misogynist.
>>
File: Darth-Goofy.jpg (117KB, 616x305px) Image search: [Google]
Darth-Goofy.jpg
117KB, 616x305px
>>81729129
>>
>>81733251
Except Anakin is infact the chosen one as stated by Lucas himself
>>
>>81742425
Except Lucas, infact [sic], sold his right to make any kind of statement of authority, past, present or future, to Disney for 4 Billion Dollars.
His Statements are now as invalid as any fanboy's headcanon.
>>
>>81729699
how does Disney not have him on a leash like everyone else
>>
>>81742303
Okay, this post has to be a parody or bait. The "/pol/edditor" posters are genuine SJWs. But unironically associating gamergate with "misogyny" HAS to be bait. Nobody can be this retarded!
>>
>>81742909
um, wikipedia much??? https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gamergate_controversy
>>
>>81731348
Faggots these are kids movies, and you are a ungrateful manchild for not love Based George Lucas.
>>
>>81728025
Why would I care what an actor thinks? They are just dancing monkeys for the writers vision. Or in the case of disneywars, the corporate lawyers focus tested vision.
>>
>>81736725
Blame BioWare for only giving them 8 months to make the fucking game and rush it out for Christmas
>>
>>81731772
THICC
>>
>>81731147
Even Lucas agrees.

Back in 1983:
"The third [trilogy will] deal with moral and philosophical problems. In Star Wars, there is a very clear line drawn between good and evil. Eventually you have to face the fact that good and evil aren't that clear-cut and the real issue is trying to understand the difference. The sequel is about Jedi knighthood, justice, confrontation, and passing on what you have learned."

Also, this whole "grey jedi" shit, I think it this is what they're going for. http://www.practicalphilosophy.net/?page_id=952
>>
this whole thing about luke going evil is standard trailer misdirection
>>
>>81743538
Okay, thanks for confirming.
>>
>let's put some dumbass music on top of them speaking
>>
File: 3936883-1970405761-36708.jpg (132KB, 731x900px) Image search: [Google]
3936883-1970405761-36708.jpg
132KB, 731x900px
>>81736725
Typical Revan Sue fag
>>
>>81744788
>luke going evil
Where are you getting that from?
>>
What if Luke is Snoke?
>>
>>81731178
Underrated post.
>>
>>81728149
he really wanted Rey's training to be sexual like kama sutra, get all spiritual and shit during orgasm
>>
>>81729317
rey-ped
>>
>>81743538
(((wikipedia)))
>>
>>81741671
First thought that came up in my head too, what the fuck man?
>>
>>81729033
You are a sad, angry, strange little man
>>
>>81739574
How is Han's death silly or a horrible scene? It's only realy downfall was that you could see it coming from a mile away. That and the fact that there was no real connection between Han and Kylo. We just had to convince ourselves it was tragic because we know that it is his son.

Either way, the fucking starkiller base blowing up an entire system of planets was worse than Han's death scene.
>>
>>81739604
Wtf is this meme? Being a centrist means you share "convictions" and "beliefs" that fall on both sides of the political spectrum. It has nothing to do with how serious your convictions or beliefs are.
>>
>>81728025
shill
>>
File: jew jew abraham.jpg (217KB, 1057x600px) Image search: [Google]
jew jew abraham.jpg
217KB, 1057x600px
>>81729033
Oh they'll get you to talk about that goddamn monkey.
>>
joker is his best work
>>
>>81742777

How could they? He's literally the only one of the original cast left.
>>
>The Light side is feminine
>But the Dark side is the one all about letting emotions rule

Now I'm no math magician, but this doesn't add up.
>>
>>81729699
I always thought Hamill hated star wars and the fanboys, he seems to actually give a shit.
>>
>>81749328
All is focused on these two literal who's suddenly being devastated over the death of an old man they met 5 minutes ago.
>>
>>81729699
>>81728025

Well, it's mainly due to the marketing concerns and not the artistic merits of movies I'd say. It would make more sense to go with Hamill's conception of the scene but that wouldn't sell the genre to the young audience like Disney is aiming to do.
>>
>>81749397
Being a 'centrist' between Good and Evil might be a problem, anon....and remember: we're not talking about left and right, or light and dark, but Good and Evil. The Big Question.
Jedi are Good. Jedi kill. This is not a discrepancy. Killing in and of itself is not inherently evil. Bunny rabbits kill bugs, yet bunny rabbits are not evil creatures. Birds kill bunny rabbits, but birds are not evil creatures.
Sith are Evil. They deceive and serve their own interests exclusively. They also are good at organizing large groups to do their will, and can nurture and grow those groups into galaxy-spanning enterprises. This is not a discrepancy: organizing people into growing, supportive groups is not necessarily an exclusively 'good' act. Evil is organized, too.
So, when discussing Good and Evil, is it really 'good' to be somewhere in the middle? Or is that in fact pretty 'bad'? How do you justify using evil means to achieve your desires? How do you justify using others (against their conscious will and possibly against their natural interests) to gain something for yourself?
>>
>>81728025
No shit. They have a scene where Luke is literally cuckolded with Finn and the brat.
>>
>>81731147
Hey, I love Kreya too
>>
File: rey.webm (3MB, 900x506px) Image search: [Google]
rey.webm
3MB, 900x506px
>>81729317
>>
TFA is objectively the best Star Wars movie ever made. Its one failing point however it that it didn't fulfill the expectation of a subgroup of the core fanbase, a group that can in laymans terms be described as dickless permavirgin aspies. These individuals got a certain expectation from the film marketing which created for them an excitement and hope to live through the Kylo Ren character as a surrogate for their fantasy world of being a badass. This expectation however was shattered in a humiliating reversal wherein a character that is best summarized as a wittle gurl, bitch slapped the shit out of this Kylo Ren character who also turned out to himself be a unflattering reminder of the personality traits of said aspies in his childish unhinged emotional outbursts.
>>
File: 1479704720155.gif (1MB, 245x280px) Image search: [Google]
1479704720155.gif
1MB, 245x280px
>>81751039
>dickless permavirgin aspies
That deserves to be repeated.
>>
luke going evil makes the entire first trilogy pointless and tries to shoehorn in some lucas level poetry bullshit for the sake of conceptual symetry
>>
File: noorey.png (64KB, 223x274px) Image search: [Google]
noorey.png
64KB, 223x274px
>>81751039
>>
>>81751039
its decent made but still a rehash of New Hope
>>
>>81744705
>The sequel is about Jedi knighthood, justice, confrontation, and passing on what you have learned."
Sounds very well considered.
>>
>>81751039
Is this pasta from a feminist article or something?
>>
File: smilin' kurt.webm (2MB, 1920x816px) Image search: [Google]
smilin' kurt.webm
2MB, 1920x816px
>>81751039
>These individuals got a certain expectation from the film marketing which created for them an excitement and hope to live through the Kylo Ren character as a surrogate for their fantasy world of being a badass. This expectation however was shattered in a humiliating reversal wherein a character that is best summarized as a wittle gurl, bitch slapped the shit out of this Kylo Ren character who also turned out to himself be a unflattering reminder of the personality traits of said aspies in his childish unhinged emotional outbursts.
Fuck it, imma just quote the whole god-damned glorious thing. Glorious, anon - glorious.
>>
>>81741572
cant judge Rogue One but Force Awakens was a lazy cash grab
>>
File: 1492434420123.jpg (326KB, 1180x1180px) Image search: [Google]
1492434420123.jpg
326KB, 1180x1180px
>>81751039
it sucks for this reason alone
>>
>>81733251
Yeah, I still don't understand the need for a Chosen One within the series at all.

The Jedi were guardians of peace and justice throughout the galaxy, and the galaxy was at peace for, what, a thousand years? They didn't even have a galaxy-wide militia, just minor planetary troops and the Jedi. The Sith were believed to be destroyed.

So what the hell did they need a prophecy to "restore balance to the Force" for? It's ridiculous.

The story should have been purely a matter of religious dispute, and political corruption and militarization of the Republic. Anakin was an ambitious and gifted student turned traitor to the Jedi Order, not a "Fallen Savior."

In any case, I don't think Luke was "canonically the chosen one pre-Disney," though post-Disney, we can see in the Rebels episode "Twin Suns" that Old Ben may have reconsidered the prophecy to be about Luke. Though I think whether that's the case, or whether it was still Anakin, is a matter of interpretation.

Prophecy's still pointless though.
>>
>>81751039
[reblogged]
>>
>>81751039
Not objectively the best, and it's one 'failing point', as you describe it, is actually the only thing the movie successfully accomplished: to turn power-mad brainlet children into buttflustered crybabies.
>>
>>81751264
Honestly though, how do you fuck this up?
>>
>>81729033
>the boy with no tits
?
>>
>>81751349
Rey
>>
>>81751334
thats a good question. wasted too much time on MUH DIVERSITY and MUH STRONG FEMALES
>>
NEWSFLASH: The whole point is that Luke is completely fucking wrong. They whole Gray Jedi bullshit makes no sense in established lore. It's obvious that Rey will slap some sense into him.
>>
>>81751526
>in established lore
Oh, anon - don't you know that all got thrown into the trash? Ain't no established lore no more....
>>
>>81732337
The best part of this is that there was no morally gray areas of ESB. The good guys made the good choices and the bad guys made the evil decisions.
The closest was Lando but even he just went bad guy to good guy like flipping a switch.
>>
>implying the whole grey jedi meme isn't autistic

The grey jedi concept is fucking stupid and betrays everything that the previous six movies established. Its nothing but a way for edgelords to have their fan fic characters use dark side powers without any consequence.

The point is that you can't be a grey jedi the same way that you can't be a grey christian or a grey jew. You either are or you aren't.

Do I think the Jedi Order will fundamentally change? Yes, it will shift from a bureaucratic sect of elites that have a hand in galactic politics to its true core of being a religion.

The point is balance not edgelord fucking force users who use force lightning cause le autistic grey jedi code.
>>
Nothing except 4, 5, 6 and the Christmas Special is canon anyways.

What does it matter what Ryan Joe Schmoe Johnson writes? I agree, the actor himself has more say on canon if we're this deep into death of the author.
>>
>>81751741
incorrect all magic is playing god and evil.
also i think yoda stole a candy bar or some shit.
>>
>>81732337
i think the EU did the whole gray thing already
>>
File: 1284796632528.gif (176KB, 480x360px) Image search: [Google]
1284796632528.gif
176KB, 480x360px
>>81751788
>>
>>81728025
Why didn't he just refuse to work if he didn't like the script?
>>
File: 1479419563412.gif (602KB, 268x200px) Image search: [Google]
1479419563412.gif
602KB, 268x200px
>>81751759
>You either are or you aren't.
Do or do not, there is no try.
>>
>>81728025
>Disney Star Wars copying based Legends EU
>casuals will eat it up while still shitting on Legends
more news at 11
>>
>>81729699
he's wrong, it would have come across as forced and too convenient

it gives his character more depth to be isolated and unaware of the goings on anyway, it demonstrates a radical development from the Luke you see in RotJ

I'm actually kind of excited about the notion of a disillusioned Luke who has seen past the broken ideologies of the Jedi and Sith. New Luke sounds W O K E
>>
>>81728113
>Hamill wanted Luke to go sith

Now that's befitting the opera part of space opera.

Destroyed his father and the emperor, his father redeemed somewhat, but unable to escape the legacy.

But fuck the grand Wagner-finale that could have been, how about we remake the same movie only we make it blander. Quite literally phase out the good and bad to replace it with "eh balance is more important, don't be an extremist".
>>
File: Very Cool.jpg (103KB, 1277x671px) Image search: [Google]
Very Cool.jpg
103KB, 1277x671px
>>81728025
>>
>>81736725
Their dev time got cut nearly in half a few months into it
>>
File: Batfleck.png (814KB, 666x895px) Image search: [Google]
Batfleck.png
814KB, 666x895px
>>81729129
>I wouldn't call Mr. Driver ugly
>>81737368
>CHRIST you're mean.
>>81747927
>You are a sad, angry, strange little man

I can't tell if this is:

a) tumblr invasion
b) actually marketing shills
c) post-ironic shitposting

The sad fact is that it's probably a and b.
>>
>>81736889
>muh pirates mocap mfw
>>
>>81752120
Tumblr posters write huge posts in one paragraph, redditors use double spacing.
>>
It's kinda sad when Bioware anno 2017 of all people are handling Star Wars better than Disney
>>
>>81729317
Rey?
>>
File: I just.png (169KB, 300x298px) Image search: [Google]
I just.png
169KB, 300x298px
>>81731772
>mfw Chris Pratt falls off the wagon
>>
File: feeeel.jpg (61KB, 802x960px) Image search: [Google]
feeeel.jpg
61KB, 802x960px
>>81728025
>not even the real interview
>just some faggot talking about the interview
>>
>>81750017
>math magician
>>
File: nerdist-jessica.jpg (193KB, 970x545px) Image search: [Google]
nerdist-jessica.jpg
193KB, 970x545px
Hotness agrees with Gray theories. Time to grow up and get past the bed time story cookie cutter, black and white Star Wars my lil manbabies. A girl is the lead character, the bad guys aren't as badass you wanted them to be, the concept of the force is more complicated than pure good vs pure evil, and you'll die a friendless virgin forever living in the past despite what you tell yourself.

http://nerdist.com/what-does-lukes-end-really-mean-for-the-last-jedi/
>>
>>81752060
>seen past the broken ideologies of the Jedi and Sith
See, that's where you make your mistake, time and again: Jedi are the non-idealogues (or are supposed to be: remember that the order fell because they idealistically supported the corrupt Republic). Jedi are supposed to exist beyond ideology: they seek pure experience, enlightenment, a natural balance in all things. The sith represent ideology, and are possessed of a rigid belief system of dominance and selfishness.
Being a jedi means being, in your words, WOKE. It is the ultimate non-ideology. It is balance and clear perception. Being a sith means being evil (selfish, domineering, brutal). A gray path between these two would, in fact, be dark/evil.
tl;dr - the Force isn't a balance between Light and Dark: Light IS the balance, and Dark IS the unbalance/evil/cancer.
>>
>>81729317
BANED
>>
>>81731772
i bet he identifies as a libertarian
>>
>>81751993
$$$$$$$

also he was going to say no if Ford and Fisher said no, but he didn't want to disappoint.
>>
File: IMG_8924.jpg (122KB, 640x754px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_8924.jpg
122KB, 640x754px
>tumblr hates kateen kennedy
>without her every single lead would be a non-white female

wtf i love her now
>>
>>81750204
This is a mediocre argument. Is Obi-Wan's death shit in the original film as well then? That's a minor issue with the scene. Forcing Luke into that scenario would have been idiotic.
>>
File: 1480318721904.gif (1MB, 200x190px) Image search: [Google]
1480318721904.gif
1MB, 200x190px
>>81752268
read this>>81752291
Its a shame kids can't learn from the experience of others....
>>
>>81752359
Only reason Kathleen opposes more non white women is because she knows there is a certain limit to how many colored people you can have before it turns off a large part of the audience, so if they're going to stuff the movie with minorities it better be the men because then you'll get both women and the colored interested while keeping the conservative audience too

Also you can't have non white women starting relationships with white characters either
>>
>>81752291
>Jedi are the non-idealogues

gonna need a source for that. They had an entire Jedi Order to codify, proselytize, and enforce through violence and other means their particular understanding of the universe. They were akin to a church, using morality as the main justification for the distribution of their worldview across the entire galaxy.

If that isn't ideology, I don't know what is. I think your getting confusing the question of whether the Jedi were ideological with what their ideology was.
>>
>>81752359
>>81752492
Deep down every movie producer knows tokenism pisses people off and it won't drive ticket sales.
>>
>>81751039
lmao that scene
>>
File: IMG_2906.png (289KB, 600x536px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_2906.png
289KB, 600x536px
>>81752492
you should see how nasty and abusive SJWs are towards her on tumblr. they fucking despise her and think she's a fat white devil.

>mfw kathleen gets sick of them and makes reylo happen out of spite
>>
>>81752076
How would that not be the exact same story if Rey has to defeat sith lord Luke? What would be next, the protagonist who fights look also grows old and turns to the sith?
>>
>>81752570
When she closes her eyes is when the little bitch should have stuffed his knee up her cootch, instead he just stands there while she magically gets better in the force for no reason
>>
>>81752076
>>81752597
young skywalkers idolise the jedi
adult skywalkers realise the sith makes more sense
it's like poetry
it rhymes
>>
>>81752548
>codify, proselytize, and enforce through violence and other means their particular understanding of the universe
I need a source for your bullshit supposition first, moron. NONE of that is even slightly true. Fuck off with your strawman bullshit, faget.
>>
>>81752694
It may rhyme but its not a satisfying narrative arc to have that just keep happening.
>>
>>81752468
>Jedi are supposed to exist beyond ideology
It's a shame you can't see your own bias when you're so close. Jedi are SUPPOSED to be.... But they're not, they haven't been for thousands of years since the Sith broke off. This is what gray theory supporters are saying but apparently guys like you can't wrap your head around it. The "gray" is actually a return to original Jedi philosophy that is actually real balance, whereas Jedi as they are now, as Luke says should end, is the corrupt, ideological form, a counter to the Sith, just the flip side of the same coin. You basically have a correct argument, but can't see the Jedi aren't actually living up to what they are supposed to be and thats why they should end.
>>
>>81728025
What is this shit? Is he some kind of black nazi anti-white?
Fuck niggers.
>>
>>81752359
These people are very racist. They base everyone on the color of their skin and not merit.
>>
>>81741097
>Hmm should I become an evil genocidal wizard and absolutely perfect upholder of justice ahhh I'm somehow turning back and forth between the too instead of being absolutely corrupt or not
>>
File: Dindu Star Wuz.png (253KB, 263x481px) Image search: [Google]
Dindu Star Wuz.png
253KB, 263x481px
>>81752788
Forget pic.
>>
>>81752727
If Luke had turned into a Sith as well it would pretty much be the final nail in the coffin for the jedi

Why would anyone in the galaxy tolerate a bunch of freaky super humans that are always just one bad day away from becoming a psychopath?

The galaxy at large would have exterminated them ages ago, especially the Skywalker family that seems especially doomed

Star Wars needs a non force using villain who starts a faction dedicated to exterminating the ticking time bombs
>>
File: obama-sad.jpg (40KB, 291x288px) Image search: [Google]
obama-sad.jpg
40KB, 291x288px
Luke hasn't turned evil

He clearly tried to ressurect the Jedi Order with the knights of ren, but that failed when they all turned evil including his nephew so now he considers himself a huge failure. Luke has exiled himself because his destiny to become a jedi exploded in his face and now he's not sure if its even worth it anymore.

The only way for the jedi order to be saved would be having Kylo Ren come back from the Darkside (which he isn't completely in, deep down he knows what he's doing is wrong because he's not his grand father.)
>>
>>81737280
THIS. Fuck.
>>
>>81752727
>but its not a satisfying narrative arc to have that just keep happening.

But it's not a "keep happening" issue.

The fall to the dark side was never shown in the prequels. It's the biggest fucking mistake George made, because it's really the entire point of the prequels. Anakin's motivation and turn is handled in the space of a few sentences and loosely strung together coincidences.

They had an opportunity to create a classic narrative, a "sins of the father" theme, actually talk about and explain the dark side and what the attraction to it is.

People forget that the third original movie was actually supposed to be a tragedy. Disney clearly doesn't care about killing off characters for shock value, why couldn't they do it in a meaningful way?
>>
File: Thrawn.png (935KB, 718x975px) Image search: [Google]
Thrawn.png
935KB, 718x975px
>>81752859
There was such a villain in the books, in fact there was a lot of really creative villains that posed new challenges instead of another guy with a lightsaber. They're just playing it more safe, books dont have much of a budget to make back after all.
>>
>>81752734
>Jedi aren't actually living up to what they are supposed to be and thats why they should end.
A-are you fucking retarded? The jedi order is dead. Luke is it. There is no order to 'destroy', so saying the jedi must die is gay edgelord bullshit designed to sucker morons into paying for a ticket.
And this 'gray is the new light' bullshit is tryhard nonsense. The jedi order failed because it placed its faith in the old republic instead of remaining neutral, because it felt that an established civilization was better and more life-affirming than galactic anarchy. Palpy preyed upon that feeling, and broke them.
>>
>>81736515

That isn't what she was saying at all

She said the conflict between the light side and dark was going to be endless

So she was going to purge the force from the galaxy completly so there would no longer be any force users
>>
File: 1297207367-the_more_you_know2.jpg (39KB, 500x330px) Image search: [Google]
1297207367-the_more_you_know2.jpg
39KB, 500x330px
>>81752721
woah buddy, didn't mean to upset you. Here are some sources for you, hope these help:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Star_Wars:_Episode_I_%E2%80%93_The_Phantom_Menace

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Star_Wars:_Episode_II_%E2%80%93_Attack_of_the_Clones

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Star_Wars:_Episode_III_%E2%80%93_Revenge_of_the_Sith

These films provide more detail and context to institutions such as the Jedi Council and Order, and how they were interwoven into society and served the Galactic Republic in varying military and political capacities. In these systems and institutions you see a clear ideology coalesce.

Their pretty interesting watches, I'd recommend them. You really seem passionate about Star Wars, so this might be a good place to learn more about the series.
>>
>>81752347
They already had a script set before the big 3 signing on. Changed it after all 3 signed the contract. They had a completely different story 2 years before release. But they wanted to bring in "muh Kasdan, he loves Han Solo!" Then, Kasdan brought in Abrams.
>>
File: zw28ievmlucvtrcmxly1.jpg (55KB, 830x450px) Image search: [Google]
zw28ievmlucvtrcmxly1.jpg
55KB, 830x450px
>Lucasfilm tries to make an engaging mystery that spans three films and 6 years

>WTF WHY DOES SHE KNOW THE JEDI TRICK???? WHY DID THE JEDI GET KILLED?? WHO IS SNOKE TELL ME NOW NOW NOW NOW NOW
>>
>Trailer:
Screenshot on Book that is supposed to be The Journal of the Whills, the original philosophy of the original Jedi...

"I see light...and darkness....and balance"
"It's so much bigger".

Bigger as in a bit more complicated than black and white.

"First comes the day
Then comes the night.
After the darkness
Shines through the light.
The difference, they say,
Is only made right
By the resolving of gray
Through refined Jedi sight."
―Journal of the Whills
>>
I understand Han's death with his son but what a fucking dumb way for that character to go out. He should've went out with the Falcon in a space battle then Kylo witnesses it instead of a fucking cliche bridge death.
>>
>>81752359
lol you can't satisfy those sjw cunts
>>
>>81753056
>engaging

Nah they just ended up making the bad guys like incredibly dumb. Like really bad. Their best guy was beat in his first real fight like damn who wrote this?
>>
>>81751279
The prophecy of "restoring balance to the force" came true in that finally there was equal presence of the dark and light. Two Jedi and two Sith. The Jedi were foolish in assuming that they would "win" and that the Sith would be eliminated.
>>
>>81753059
>Bigger as in a bit more complicated than black and white.

Jedi started off evil/kangs n shiet before turning into peaceful monks

easy
>>
>>81753008
>how they were interwoven into society and served the Galactic Republic in varying military and political capacities
Go on.
>>
A fucking tree
>>
>>81729033
this
>>
>>81753128
>Their best guy was beat in his first real fight like damn who wrote this?

took literally three (four if you count han) people to put him on his ass
>>
>>81746823
/ourguy/
>>
File: image.jpg (91KB, 748x365px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
91KB, 748x365px
>>81752076

https://youtu.be/Y7yCi7L_CGs
>>
>>81753129
fuck off with bullshit balance nonsense. If this was the case, how did this unbalance persist for 1000 years? How could it? For 1000 years there were but 2 sith and 10,000 jedi - unbalance for 1000 years....how?
light and dark are not balanced - light IS balance. Dark unbalances.
>>
>>81753244
How? Because Anakin wasn't born (or created) yet. Obviously.

The light and dark sides are separate, but equal. They do balance each other out. Hence the fact that they are in an eternal struggle.
>>
>>81753244
>>81753387
Also. The Seth's plan required careful planning and perfect timing. The result of 1000 years of evolution. Weeding out all those that were too weak until there were two Sith capable of bringing down the Jedi order.
>>
ITT: Disney ignores the original movies.
>>
File: 1484121904543.png (400KB, 500x500px) Image search: [Google]
1484121904543.png
400KB, 500x500px
>>81753244

>Originally fans believe that 'balance' to the force was equal Jedi and Sith, since this is what Anakin originally brought about

>Later George corrects them, that the light side being dominant is balance... althought it then doesn't make sense that Mace Windu and Yoda were stating there currently wasn't balance to the force when they were in charge

>Now Disney are going down the path that Anakin didn't affect this at all, he wasn't the chosen one, Rey is and that she will bring balance to the force by finally ending the Jedi and the Sith by killing her evil brother that killed her in a previous life

I can see it now, Rey brings balance to the force when she kills her brother and all Force powers disappear from the Galaxy. Then '50,000 years later' comes up on screen to the planet Tatooine where the climate has changed now renamed 'Earth' and humans have forgotton all force powers, but then a black girl in Africa puts her hands on the ground and some pebbles start to levitate into the air....
>>
Edgy kids believe that every authority needs to be resisted - some rules are good rules, tho; and this they do not understand. Gotta rebel against all roolz!! Ya!
The Jedi were the good rules, the rules you need to thrive and survive in the universe. The Sith were the cheaters who did anything to get ahead, consequences be damned. And it's these consequences that create the unbalance.
The jedi learn to walk a balanced path with few/no unforseen consequences.
It's really simple, but easy to miss with all the pop psychology, miseducation, and edginess we have these days.
>>
File: SheevSpin.webm (810KB, 1920x816px) Image search: [Google]
SheevSpin.webm
810KB, 1920x816px
Balance is the destruction of the Sith AND Jedi. It is the end of force users, individuals capable of wielding the force and using it to their will. The very nature of anyone "using" the force, for good or evil is what causes the imbalance. Balance is the force being the will itself, like it does with Rey, almost using her as a force meat puppet. She was not using the force, it was using her. The Jedi try to be this but they fail. They use the force, impose their will on it as much as the Sith despite their best intentions.
>>
>>81753135
Well the films probably do a better job providing context than I can, but I can point to a few examples off the top of my head

In The Film Episode I: The Phantom Menace, we see the current head of state directing a member of the Jedi, Qui Gon Jin, to negotiate with the Trade Federation an end to a trade embargo on the planet of Naboo. This establishes the Jedi as a function of the Republic that is relied upon for diplomatic tasks. They appear to be deemed especially suited for this task, as their predominant ideology favors the pursuit of peace and harmonious relationships, valuable principles for someone serving in an official capacity as a truce maker.

Their belief system informs a number of critical decisions, to the point where they may not appear rational. This is true when Qui Gon Jin elects to take Anakin Skywalker as his ward, despite having no tangible benefit in doing so. Qui Gon only does this because the act fits the altruistic tenets of the Jedi's particular ideology, and he believes Anakin to have desirable value as defined by the Jedi's ideology (he's "strong with the force")

Actions that collectively reflect the ideology of the Jedi are seen throughout the films, and their ability to construct and act upon this ideology is also demonstrated with the context of the Jedi's role in the Galactic Republic.
>>
>>81753731
Such is the nature of the Gray, the nature of force itself, it does not seek the Light or Dark, its very nature is Balance.
>>
>>81752815
I agree. I think Tatiana Maslany is a better actress than Felicity Jones and should've gotten the role, but they're both white brunettes anyways.
>>
>>81753731
You need to watch Star Wars and Empire Strikes Back again.
It is only during the Clone Wars that the Jedi are forced to impose their will (to preserve the republic), and thus become unbalanced. As set up by Palpy.
This new notion that the Jedi were always flawed is ludicrous.
>>
>>81751264
Oh, come on. They had to have a set of new, non-geriatric characters. Key word is CHARACTER.
>>
>>81751264
I dont even think a new star wars should be connected to them. If they really wanted a longlasting and expansive franchise they should of just started fresh with new characters and villains in a different part of the galaxy. If everyone is related somehow and they have to keep reusing the same imagery/designs it limits the storytelling
>>
>>81753754
There's so much wrong here, it's hard to know where to begin....
Let's look at your third paragraph: complete bullshit. You begin with the premise that the jedi are irrational, then explicate this by saying there's no reason for them to have taken Anakin (and you give a couple bullshit reasons why they did it). Wrong. There's only one reason they took Anakin: he had enough Force potential to be dangerous. The jedi take ALL children with Force potential and train them ALL to be Jedi so that they ARE NOT DANGEROUS. And this has apparently worked for 1000 generations (about 25,000 years). Only 20 individual jedi have left the order in that time, and none of them went 'evil'. (except for the last one, Dooku...but he was corrupted by the Sith who took over the galaxy, so he's a special case)
Your last paragraph is completely borked. You're just being vague and throwing non sequiturs at us.
>>
>>81753923
Light is Balance, Aashla is Balance.
Dark is unbalance, Bogan is unbalance.
>>
File: Chewie.jpg (530KB, 890x704px) Image search: [Google]
Chewie.jpg
530KB, 890x704px
>>81754007
>This new notion that the Jedi were always flawed is ludicrous.
Why? Because you don't like the idea or that it wasn't fleshed out before in original movies? These are movies bro, made up as they went along by Lucas, the concepts evolving, changing. It's fiction, not a documentary and it changes as it progresses. becomes more complex or sometimes just flips shit around because, ya know, they serve as allegoric story telling mediums, not real life logic or your personal comfy role playing fantasy. Lucas himself showed plenty of flaws among the Jedi in the second trilogies, lest we forget the very nature of the Sith, their emergence was from Jedi who broke off. The existence of the Sith itself shows the Jedi had flaws, millenia ago. But you romanticize the Jedi and don't want them to be flawed since you want the concepts of be on lock down so you don't get nostalgia heart broken. Come on.
>>
File: 1475001972754.gif (494KB, 200x201px) Image search: [Google]
1475001972754.gif
494KB, 200x201px
>>81754290
"It's so much bigger than that"
>>
>>81751759

>grey jedi

Honestly if Jolee Bindo doesn't show up in this movie I'm going to be said senpai. Only grey jedi worth talking about.
>>
>>81752155
>redditors use double spacing.
Do you browse /tv/ all day? I was called a redditor the other day because of newfaggots like you. Linespacing is always erratic on 4chan.

Hell, capitals were even rarely used before fucking 2008, everyone was
typing like this
lol
fuck capitals lulz

yes that was being ironic god i hate to spoonfeed newfaggots who came here in the past few years what this place used to be a decade ago
>>
>>81728633
>tfw Luke kills Rey in the closing scene of TLJ
Thread posts: 321
Thread images: 49

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.