[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

dont like it

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 82
Thread images: 6

dont like it
>>
No one does. At most people find it acceptable
>>
File: 1cbupOb.jpg (2MB, 3023x3590px) Image search: [Google]
1cbupOb.jpg
2MB, 3023x3590px
>>81724438
i think its the first episode after that it gets better
>>
>>81724669
agreed, i first episode had no rhythm to it.
later episodes have started to make me laugh.
>>
I couldn't even finish one episode
It was bad
>>
>>81724251
1.The celebrities stroking their own egos are ruining it. Felica Day as herself, Patton Oswald as himself. They don't even try to don a mad scientist persona at all.
2. Nu-Tom Servo isn't funny or doesn't speak enough.
3.Jonah isn't funny and speaks way to much.
4. The jokes are making fun of the visuals without commenting on the story ever, as if they hadn't watched the film.
5.Pacing of jokes are just straight awful and even the miniatures and props are artsy low effort shit.
6.Its also clear no one on the new crew loves schlock or bad movies as they constantly reference old mst3k jokes for cult material. They just don't love what they do.

It feels so forced, soulless and machined.
>>
>>81725002
Also fuck Nu-Gypsy!
>>
>>81724251
mst3k cant come back, theres too many things that ripped off of them
>>
Since the reboot is crap
What are some must watch classic episodes?
Joel or Mike, I don't mind either
>>
>>81725116
Boggy Creek 2
>>
>>81725116
in no particular order: final sacrifice, mitchell, pumaman, hobgoblins, final justice, space mutiny, pod people, werewolf, soultaker, and of course manos the hands of fate, are all considered some of the best episodes overall
>>
>>81725315
That's one of the few that I have seen many times
It's literally the only one that comes to mind when I think of mst3k
>>
>>81725002
>2. Nu-Tom Servo isn't funny or doesn't speak enough.
>3.Jonah isn't funny and speaks way to much.

Tom and Jonah sound too much alike.
>>
>>81725116
My favorite has to be Pod People, also robot holocaust, alien from L.A and lovers lane are pretty good too.
>>
>>81725385
I stand by my statement, but I do agree.

It isnt helped by the fact that Jonah tries to be just like the bots and not the grounded human.
>>
>>81725116

Overdrawn at the Memory Bank is my favorite. Relatively modern movie, cheap made-for-TV effects and sets, a completely nonsensical plot, lots of stock footage, and Raul Julia as the fucking star. Must see.

The Leech Woman is also perfect MST3K. Shitty movie that's actually engaging enough to be watched on its own (also lots of stock footage), with the gang at their best. Servo's Granny impression always gets me.
>>
>>81725775
>>81725354
>>81725484
Thx
>>
Why wasn't Mike involved in this one?
>>
it was pretty alright until the camel started trying to act. Also the actual watching the movie part was pure cringe
>>
It was fine. I think people are blinded by nostalgia and thus over eager to shit on the new season.
>>
I watched one episode. I like the host. Great choice there.

The rest... meh.
>>
>>81726632
Mike has his own thing.
>>
Cry Wilderness is the best one I've seen so far.
>>
I like it a lot, other than the first episode which was weak.

Granted, only 5 episodes in so far.
>>
>>81727391
>creepily stares at little kid
>>
Only seen ep 1. I feel it's more "high energy" than "chill". Like they talk way too much or tried to force in too many jokes. Some jokes did land for me but they were in between jokes that just filled air. I still watch the whole season though and I'll probably end up enjoying it.
>>
Aren't the original guys still doing this stuff independently without the MST3K name?
>>
>>81727730

It's called Rifftrax
>>
>>81727688
Yeah, the way they record the lines and put it in is different, so it doesn't feel as "natural" and you don't get the slight giggles over what the others' say.

That said, first episode seems to be the worst one.
>>
>>81727730
Yeah rifftrax
>>
>>81727730
Yeah Mike, Kevin, Bill do Rifftrax which is ranges on quality I hate when they do new movies.

I wish Mike had been the one to nab the rights to MST3K. Jonah is ok but seriously Mike is THE host of MST3K.

Fuck Joel and his dopey inventions and for letting Joe Camel be the new Mad.
>>
So, netflix the only way I can see them?
>>
>>81727825
Weird. Must be a timing thing of when we got into it, because Joel is the face of MST3K for me, and it always felt weird when Mike took over as host.
>>
>>81725002
Patton loves bad movies before some of you were even born, listen to older material and podcast. Sadly since everyone here hates him, it won't matter.
>>
>>81725775
>a completely nonsensical plot
I bet you aren't even interfaced, you syntho-flavo-pleb.
>>
>>81726632
Joel didn't ask any of the old crew if they wanted to be involved. Once it was funded he offered them a chance to cameo in one episode though.

>>81728536
Don't trust Deadwife's lies.
>>
>>81727849
theres a 41gb torrent

first episode is on streaming sites, im sure the others will follow at some point
>>
Mike > Joel
>>
shlocky horror picture show is better

nigel honeybone pwns all
>>
>>81728536
Is this why he shilled for the shitty Ghostbusters reebot and attacked James Rolfe?
>>
>>81729396
Underage b&
>>
Felicia Day, Patton Oswatlt, Nu-male host

yeah no thanks
>>
>>81728536
it's not just that though, it's just he isn't that funny and is super forced.
and killed his wife.
>>
>>81729120
>Joel abandons the show
>Mike takes over, and the crew goes on to make a ton of all time fan-favorite episodes
>Show ends on a satisfying note

>After decades of trying (and failing) to get anything else off the ground, Joel gets Shout Factory to buy the MST3K rights off Jim Mallon
>Shuns the original crew, in favor of "nerd" celebrities, and throws the original Midwestern appeal out of the window to Hollywood-ify it

Joel really does seem like a bit if a cunt. I get the feeling that MST3K was one of those situations like The Simpsons or Star Wars, where one guy had the initial creative idea, but it was a crew of other talented people who actually made it into something great.
>>
File: images-8.jpg (7KB, 264x191px) Image search: [Google]
images-8.jpg
7KB, 264x191px
>Patton Oswald
>The literally constant forced banter talking over every second of the movie
>>
>>81729550
im sorry im not a 40 year old dweeb trying to recapture the """good""" old days of watching mst3k for the first time in 1899 before it got cancelled

keep with the times old man, you need to move on from the past
>>
>>81729709
It's called not making a bad show, not that hard duder. I'm 24 and love the original show, the new show is absolutely below par and unnecessary.

Think before you speak idiot.
>>
>>81729816
how about you stop being gay before YOU speak. Oh wait, you cant

check and mate fagtron ive won
>>
File: 9u7958483uu329o2o2p.jpg (5KB, 196x250px) Image search: [Google]
9u7958483uu329o2o2p.jpg
5KB, 196x250px
>>81730164
>being this pathetic
>>hurr durr I win u gay
It's time to stop posting.
>>
It was pretty decent, and I think if they listen to feedback and have a longer production time Season 12 could be truly amazing.

Don't see why it wouldnt get renewed, first season cost less than a single episode of Sense8.
>>
>>81725354
>no time chasers
>>
Anyone notice that it doesn't sound like their on a ship all of the background hum is not there.
>>
>>81730164
>Winning on a Cambodian backgammon excel spreadsheet
>>
>>81729120
>>81729621
Wrong, Dr. Forrester, Pearl and TV's Frank were all going to return and have Felicia be a "Mads-in-training", but before they were getting ready to do the Kickstarter video backed out.
Apparently Joels offer wasn't good enough for them. Trace and Frank proceeded to whine like little bitches on Twitter during the entire production. Really soured their image for me.
>>
>>81731449
>Believing this shit
You know they were all already working together on Cinematic Titanic before this right?
>>
Watched first episode.

They need to replace Tom and Gypsy, they're not funny and their more normal voices distract from the outlandishness of the setting.

Crow is alright but has either lost his edge or Jonah's lack of chill makes him seem less edgey.

Jonah needs to take some Nyquil before heading into the set.

Will give it a shot and watch more. I don't understand why Patton Oswalt isn't Tom or Crow, since he's already Tv's Son of Tv's Frank.
>>
>>81731534
If that shit wasn't true you'd best believe Trace and Frank would be debunking Joel's interview on their Twitter. Anything for more publicity.
>>
File: 1298690259550.jpg (45KB, 347x346px) Image search: [Google]
1298690259550.jpg
45KB, 347x346px
>>81727391

>BANG
>>
>>81731595
Or they've not heard his absurd whining or realise it's so obviously not true they don't even need to address it. I find it truly unbelievable that there's anyone who would believe Joel didn't just do it on his own like every single other person involved with the original MST3k has been saying since day 1. He even admitted that he hadn't asked anyone and planned to do it after the Kickstarter was funded. He probably hoped you wouldn't remember that though.
>>
>>81729120
Joel asked every single member of the crew to come back, you lying little shit. Trace, Frank, and Mike refused for some reason that the rest of us can't know for sure.
>>
>>81724251
Me neither, I was around the middle of episode 2 when I decided to watch old episodes on youtube instead.
>>
>>81731882
>Joel asked every single member of the crew to come back
After it was funded, as guest stars. Not before starting the kickstarter on his own to see what they thought about it, nor to be involved in any way with the production, which is what I said originally >>81729120
>>
File: patton-oswalt-mst3k.jpg (44KB, 620x420px) Image search: [Google]
patton-oswalt-mst3k.jpg
44KB, 620x420px
IN THE NOT TOO DISTANT PAST

IN 2016

THERE WAS A GUY NAMED PATTON

NOT TOO DIFFERENT FROM YOU OR ME

THEN ONE DAY...
>>
>>81725354
overdrawn at the memory bank
>>
>>81726632
Mike, Kevin and Bill do rifftrax instead.
>>
>>81731970
Why do you keep posting lies?
>>
>>81731544
Oh to expand on that, a lot of jokes are too wordy and there are easy ways to cut them down.

The opening song's line "just another face in a yellllllow jumpsuit" really shows how bad they are at making words fit. If they called it a gold jumpsuit they wouldn't need another note in the song.

Plus what the fuck is with that opening jacking off Jonah's character as some great meteor hauler while playing drums?

They should have just done

>Someone left their comms on, the whole fleet can hear this guy practice his drums
>There should be a special level of hell for people who force others to listen to their terrible drum solos.
>Well we were going to reopen the SOL project...
>Perfect, bop him on the noggin and shot him up there

Four lines, check please Joel
>>
>>81727730
>the original guys
Come on, now. Bill was there for like two seasons.
>>
>>81732048
You're the one who's lying, friend-o.

>>81732015
Kevin and Bill both did cameos though. Pearl also occasionally does RiffTrax, Mike was the only one from that crew who wasn't involved.

>>81732062
Bill was there as a writer for a few years before he took over as Crow.
>>
>>81728072
It is a timing thing. You can always tell when someone started watching the series. If they're a Mike guy, they probably started watching after he took over hosting. If they're a Joel guy, like me, they probably started watching in the early days.

That being said, I like Mike, but I prefer Joel overall. I hated the mads in the later seasons (Pearl et al).
>>
>>81731970
Before, after, why should I give a shit? I read all Joel's emails to backers and he said he wanted them all to come back for cameos and guest writing. I've yet to see any evidence that this is untrue. So what is it with all this implying and insinuating drama?
>>
>>81732239
>Joel says he wants them to come back
>Everyone says they haven't been asked
What more is there to say? It's a he says/they say and you've chosen to believe him over Trace, Mike, Kevin, Bill, Elvis and Frank. Sounds like it may be a symptom of post-purchase rationalisation after you backed this travesty.
>>
>>81732340
Except Kevin and Bill are in the new show.

>Everyone says they haven't been asked
Sources on anyone actually saying this? And don't point me to tweets from when the Kickstarter first went up. We've established that the offers would've gone out after it was funded.
>>
>>81732340
Trace said he had an offer, it was generous, but he had to decline it. Fuck off you fucking idiot.
>>
>>81732340
http://io9. gizmodo.com/creator-joel-hodgson-on-the-return-of-mystery-science-t-1793682355

>I always felt like the experiment was going to be Kinga Forrester, who’s Dr. Clayton Forrester’s daughter and Pearl Forrester’s granddaughter. But when we were starting, right before the Kickstarter, I was planning on [original villains] Trace Beaulieu and Frank Conniff being part of it. We were planning on doing the Kickstarter video and we were actually planning their travel and I had written them into the script for the Kickstarter and so, it was going to be Forrester and Frank and Kinga—and also Mary Jo Pehl, who played Pearl. They were more like an ensemble and Kinga was more of a reluctant super villain-in-training.
>>
I didn't hate it that much.

Some issues I have:

>Flying Servo
>Gypsy's voice
>The three main guys' voices are too similar to really differentiate

I enjoyed the first one and plan on watching the rest.
>>
>>81732505
So my argument's gone from being "Wrong" to "established", and you don't care that I'm right? Sounds like we're done here.
>>
>>81732728
>>The three main guys' voices are too similar to really differentiate
they do sound pretty similar. I watch everything with subtitles on anyway though, so at least I get the visual cues on who's talking

I don't get the hate. The content is good to decent. Not every episode of the original was a hit either, some people liked and disliked episodes that others loved.

Are you guys really that mad over Felicia and Patton? They have like 1% screen time, who cares if you don't like them?
>>
>>81729273
Jesus. I mean, I actually think the new season is pretty good, but it's sure as shit not worth a 41gb download.
>>
>>81732759
The only arguments I've called out is the one that the old cast wasn't invited back. If you're done claiming that with no evidence, then sure we're done.
>>
>>81732728
>flying servo
Yeah it triggers my autism that they don't carry servo into the theater. There's a bunch of other little stuff, but at the end of the day the jokes good and the overall show is fine.
>>
>>81725002
I used to love patton and david cross. They both are to full of themselves, to "professional', arent really quilified to be "elder statesmen". I dont want to watch just patton/david being themselves they have podcast/standup for that. They beed to go back to character acting. Although patton is now vetter than david when it comes to bring something to the character.
Thread posts: 82
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.