[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>ruined Star Wars >ruined Marvel >ruined animated films

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 328
Thread images: 41

File: cancer.jpg (14KB, 433x178px) Image search: [Google]
cancer.jpg
14KB, 433x178px
>ruined Star Wars
>ruined Marvel
>ruined animated films
What the fuck is going on at Disney? Are they purposely trying to be as shit as possible?
>>
>>81723796

>saved Star Wars from George Lucas
>took Marvel characters nobody gave a shit about and made people give a shit about them
>is making 90s Renaissance style musicals again

I don't see the problem.
>>
In 10 years Disney will be the only studio left
Watch how shit things become then
>>
>>81723850
fpbp. OP btfo.
>>
>>81723850
They've killed Star Wars. It was much better off in Lucas' hands. Disney has turned it into yet another assembly-line IP of theirs now that Marvel has reached peak profitability. They treat their IPs like coal mines to be exploited.
>>
>>81723850
They can style the musicals after the best from the 90s but they're still doing a monster suck ass job of it. Beauty and the Beast may as well have been Fox's Rocky Horror.
>>
>>81723850
>>81723917
Lucas killed Star Wars, then Disney took a shit on its grave.
>>
>>81723850
They must pay handsomely for people like you to continuously shill on here.
>>
File: lucas conned by the mouse.jpg (348KB, 1258x681px) Image search: [Google]
lucas conned by the mouse.jpg
348KB, 1258x681px
>>
>9:05 AM in swedistan
Started your shift early today?
>>
>>81723963
Not quite. Disney dug up it's corpse, tied strings to it, and dressed it up in one of it's old outfits.
>>
File: dollar-sign-vector[1].jpg (17KB, 700x490px) Image search: [Google]
dollar-sign-vector[1].jpg
17KB, 700x490px
>What the fuck is going on at Disney?
They're making shitloads of money despite the butthurt shrieking of neckbeards.
>>
>>81724004
>they're making shitloads of money

They'd better be. That's their top priority.
>>
>>81723796
They are never getting another cent of my money. Lately, they barely even make movies that have any discernible themes or messages, just empty, soulless entertainment. On the rare occasions where a theme does creep in, it tends to carry a message that I don't even agree with.
>>
>>81724004
Doubt they have recovered the costs of buying Star Wars and Marvel. Bought each for 4 billion. That's a lot of money in to rake in sheer profits.
>>
File: feige-kennedy.jpg (79KB, 598x524px) Image search: [Google]
feige-kennedy.jpg
79KB, 598x524px
This is what unfiltered cancer looks like.
>>
>>81723796
Batb was legit amazing and the only disney film thats captured the classic feel. Only good disney film I've seen in a long time.
>>
>>81723991
accurate
>>
>>81724053
TFA, Avengers 1 and 2, Frozen, Iron Man 3, and Civil War made 8.4 billion total.
>>
>>81723937
Go back to r/movies with your shit taste faggot and or roastie.
>>
File: jj abrams.jpg (313KB, 1028x613px) Image search: [Google]
jj abrams.jpg
313KB, 1028x613px
>>81723796
It's a ship full of rats (kikes) and the rats are steering the ship. And all they care about is making films with the largest mass appeal because the effect is twofold: the most money possible while spreading the seeds of their political agenda to as many receptive minds as possible. Infantilized, jello-brained masses which flock to these flicks and every other kind of geek bullshit under the sun are certainly receptive. Many of them already hold the seeds of these agendas in their minds already and thus find it all highly agreeable...
>>
>>81724090
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t5TGJquhP1s

>"the main thing is to protect these characters, make sure they continue to live in the way you created them, and the Star Wars universe continues to grow"

>proceeds the render the entire OT useless and completely ruin the closure of the characters by forcing them into TFA for fanservice

Thanks Kennedy!
>>
File: Based-Anny.jpg (51KB, 800x500px) Image search: [Google]
Based-Anny.jpg
51KB, 800x500px
>>81723963
From my point of view the prequels are kino
>>
>>81724140
You are talking about revenue. There is difference between revenue and profit. Those films weren't made and marketed for free. For every billion Disney makes they also spend half a billion.
>>
>>81723796
Most likely women to blame.
>>
File: star wars is anti-white.jpg (76KB, 770x366px) Image search: [Google]
star wars is anti-white.jpg
76KB, 770x366px
>>81724168
>fanbase is predominantly white males
>DUDE FUCK WHITE MEN FEMINISM AND DIVERSITY GO GO FUCK WHITEY
>>
>>81724200
True, but I only listed 6 movies. Add Zootopia, Finding Dory, Beauty and the Beast, Rogue One, and Toy Story 3 and it comes to 13,4, and that's just movies they have on the top box office list. Add on toy sales and other merchandise and if they haven't made that back yet, they're close.
>>
>>81724145
>Josh Gad tries to fit in on 4chan
>>
>>81724168
Hard to believe JJ actually fucking said this.
>>
>>81724316
He's not speaking about Episode 7 specifically but about another show he was in charge of. He did say it.
>>
>>81724168
I see calling people "colored" is okay again.
>>
>>81724053
>Doubt they have recovered the costs of buying Star Wars and Marvel
Not even close, in tickets and blurays at least.
>>
>>81724345
I believe he said it. I'm just saying it's fucked up. He can speak that way about white people but if he made a statement about specifically wanting a character to be white he would get crucified.
>>
>>81724316
Supposedly Finn was supposed to be Han-like character that Rey would potentially fall for.

It was going to be shit either way but you can easily tell that Finn's parts in TFA are very rushed and not thought out at all.

>I am a janitor
>is actually a stormtrooper in the intro, possibly a front line stormtrooper
>is recognized by other Stormtrooper fighters so he's obviously had ton of exposure in the battlefield
>Has PTSD from all the killing then is cheering in joy five minutes later when he flees the base and kills his former comrades in cold blood
Nothing about this guy makes sense. His character was just for the sake of having a black dude acting.
>>
>>81724429
see>>81724140 >>81724286

Take all of that and add home video sales, plus the movies that aren't on the top box office list from the past 7 years. Cap 1 and 2, Ant Man, Dr. Strange, GotG, Thor 1 and 2, Iron Man 1 and 2, and any others I'm missing.
>>
>>81724458

Nigga didn't they say the big lady gave him an opportunity to go down there but that he was a janitor before?
>>
>>81724515
So the intro was his first battlefield exposure? Alright then why was he fine with killing people after that? Supposedly his former friends too. If he was a rookie stormtrooper, why did he defeat seasoned stormtroopers and held his ground against a fucking Sith disciple? See how inconsistent this character is? It's like he goes from goofy and clumsy to expert stormtrooper between scenes.
>>
>>81724577

Wasn't the first issue with killing the fact that they were executing women and children?

Seems pretty fair to me tho.
>>
>>81724004
Manchild neckbeards are one of their core audiences. Don't be stupid.
>>
File: y_didnt_you_stopit.jpg (326KB, 2244x681px) Image search: [Google]
y_didnt_you_stopit.jpg
326KB, 2244x681px
>>81723796
Eat shit faggot, Disney is based.

Furries will become a recognized political group in a few decades and the first furry world president will be here by 2050
>>
>>81723796
They're giving us giantesskino eventually so all is forgiven.
>>
>>81724513
Frozen is not from a bought out franchise, and some of the movies you mention were made before Disney. The average of the rest is like $150 millions in profit, all things considered. They need to climb up to 8 billions like that just to recover what they paid for the franchises.

The only reason Disney made those deals is because they are a toy and theme park company, not a real studio. If they don't profit from those other markets, they won't do it at all
>>
>>81724140
Now break that down by division. Frozen was the only one that was in-house out of the ones you mentioned.

They paid 4 billion for Star Wars. They're still in the red on that investment.

They paid 4 billion for the MCU - still in the red there, too.

This is how accounting works. Their products as a whole only apply to the bottom line, not when measuring the profitability of individual investments.
>>
>>81724729
Well either way, in the next 7 years they may very well make even more money than they have in the last 7 years (since they bought Marvel), and they've made assloads of money in the last 7 years. I think from a money making perspective, buying those 2 franchises will pay off.
>>
2017 DISNEY FILMS IN THEATRES
>Rogue One
>Beauty and the Beast
>Born in China
>Guardians of the Galaxy 2
>Pirates of Caribbean 6
>Cars 3
>Spiderman 6
>Coco
>Thor 3
>Star Wars 8
There will always be a disney film in the theatres every week in 2017. No matter what, the shills can always tell you to not watch one film and go watch 'this one' instead.
Reminder they've already won and theyre killing the market
>>
>>81724792
see>>81724830

Whatever the case, they aren't hurting financially. They will make the money back. TLJ will probably make 2 billion and the Han Solo movie will probably make a billion.
>>
>>81724863
At the box office, yes. That's not what comes home to them. When there's article after article meticulously analyzing WB's profits, you don't get to gloss over the realities for Disney.
>>
File: distress.gif (2MB, 265x257px) Image search: [Google]
distress.gif
2MB, 265x257px
>>81724857
>that list of cancer
There is no saving us is there?
>>
>>81724857
Damn i hate going to cinema for anything outside of star wars but damn have to see thor 3, pirates, gog2 at least.

Happy to support white genocide, the white sissy tears are tasty
>>
>>81724857
>all those sequels and remakes
DEATH TO THE MOUSE
>>
>>81724863
>TLJ will probably make 2 billion
Will it now? Rogue One was a massive step down from TFA and I don't see Disney ever reaching that level of BO again now that the nostalgia hype is over and they have to carry themselves without 40 years of Lucas world building. Everyone wanted to see TFA because they wanted to see a new Star Wars movie after a decade of nothing. But what's the appeal of TLJ for those people?
>>
>>81724947
Disney is not hurting financially.
>>
>>81724973
its such a pathetic case of events to see someone like yourself is the average cinema-goer
>>
>>81724990
>Rogue One was a massive step down

Rogue One doesn't push the main story of Star Wars forward. Different type of movie. Not as many people care about it.
>>
File: CzVxJ1rUoAAaFV7.jpg large.jpg (67KB, 1460x510px) Image search: [Google]
CzVxJ1rUoAAaFV7.jpg large.jpg
67KB, 1460x510px
>>81725000
No most people go because they are enjoying the movies.

I also enjoy them but the tears of white bigots when they see people supporting them are delicious so i am enjoying those as well.

I lmao'ed when i got out of the rogue one premier to see white bigots cry about muh white males, it was fucking hilarious

>>81724990
Rogue one was an excellent film, it didnt use jedi vs sith autism and it ended up looking like a great adventure with a really sad ending, was beautiful
>>
Now that we know the whole Force Tree rumors are true I'm really curious to see how the public is going to react.

The idea of saying that the light side of the force is feminine and the dark side is masculine seems very risky. You're basically saying that one gender is inherently evil.

I'm sure feminists will eat this up and praise it to high heaven, but I can't imagine that even the most cucked, feminist numale will be happy with this idea.

I honestly believe it will end Star Wars.
>>
>>81724994
Robbing Peter to pay Paul is not the same thing as what you're spinning. They've yet to see profit on the investments they've made, and they won't for some years to come.
>>
>>81724307
Im flattered
>>
>>81725071
>make anti-white film as explicitly stated by the writers (women leading a multiculti group against white organization)
>whites point out how racist it is
>HAHA BIGOT WHITEY HAHA YOU WERE RACIST ALL ALONG
Keep up that narrative faggot and see how many more years of Republican presidency you'll get.
>>
>>81724994
Not going broke if that's what you mean. I'd say they only studios at risk right now are Sony and Paramount, and if the chinese movie market keeps growing at 10% every year I'd say even them will make it through.

But they aren't shitting gold either, not as a studio at least
>>
>>81724857
Beauty and the beast is the only one that is kino
>>
>>81725154
But they will make the money back. 100% guarantee. I don't know what this "box office is not what comes home to them" rubbish is about though.
>>
>>81725208
Believe it or not I'm a lifelong Democrat and I actually agree with you. These people are hypocrites who are doing more harm to my party than the republicans could ever do
>>
>>81725245
How much did they make off TFA? Let's see if you break it down.
>>
>>81725310
A lot
>>
>>81724857
wait there's another star wars flick coming out already?
>>
>>81725427
What rock have you been living under? There was one 2 years ago, one last year, one this year, one next year, and one the year after that.
>>
>>81725427
Are you ready for Star Wars Cinematic Universe? Every year will have Star Wars movies and you'll be know they'll be just as bland and inoffensive as Marvel films. Get your ass seated, you're in for a moderately wild ride of focus-tested Star Wars. And when all is over, you'll be on your knees cursing Lucas for selling out.
>>
>>81725426
Roughly 780 million. There's your answer.
>>
>>81725604
So add the money they made off Rogue One. Probably brings it over a billion. That's over a quarter of the money they've made back with 2 movies.
>>
>>81723850
Hi, Mike.
>>
>>81723796
i think they are just trying to make movies that appeal to everyon, ie the lowest common denominator. so instead of having a niche fan base that hails a movie as a classic they are incorporating bits and pieces of everything into a movie making it something bland. its kind of like the wal mart of movies. you go there cuz u know there will probably be something you want, but if you are really looking for something specific you need to go to a shop designated for that specific thing
>>
>>81723796
They killed Carrie Fisher for Rogue One to break 1bil. Those guys are ivil.
>>
>>81725659
Just barely over a billion. And they've already started to alienate their core. I'm not the only one who's tired of watching them focus-test the heart right out of their characters.
>>
>>81725208
Nobody gives a shit that you retards voted for a retard like you, disney is still going to be a powerhouse and doesnt give a shit about your right wing autism
>>
>>81725829
Unfortunately people like you are in a minority though.
>>
>>81725902
QED
>>
>>81723796
Disney is owned by Jews

A company that thrives on creativity.

Jews do not have creative ability
>>
>>81723796
>ruined Star Wars

Lucas already did that 18 years ago.

>ruined Marvel

How? By making the general public care about B/C-List superheroes? The MCU did far more for Captain America and Iron Man than ever thought possible. Those two alone out-gross X-Men and Spider-Man post-Avengers.

>ruined animated films

No argument there.
>>
>>81723796
By "ruined" you mean turn them into the biggest franchizes in all of Hollywood? If I had to take a wild guess, they are purposely trying to make as much money as possible, which they seem to be doing a great job at.
>>
>>81726130
The prequels are better than Disney SW and Iron Man (the one made without Disney) is still the best film in the MCU. Everything else is so bad compared to it. Seriously go back and watch Iron Man and you'll cry over how much everything has regressed since then. Iron Man is a masterpiece compared to CW and Dr Strange. This is because pre-Disney Marvel allowed actual artists to direct their movies.
>>
>>81726130
Guess what faggot, i prefer the prequels more than your shitty original shit.

Not only the story was boring black and white autism, the characters were simplistic and just edgy
>>
>>81724653
>furries
>good that they become anything other than mulch
Back to >>>/k/
>>
>>81726179
This is what the money obsessed mind looks like.
>>
>>81726187
Well, that makes you a very tiny minority, so it's a really good thing Disney is not trying to pander to people like you but rather focuses on the people that actually matter, the ones who are in the majority and fucking hated the prequels.
>>
>>81726252
>Le you are a small minority
lol no, most people were raised with the prequels, not your shitty originals who literally were movies from another age that are mainly liked by simplistic southern grannies
>>
>>81725902
Ha
>shut up you filthy right winger leave this massive conglomerate that infests the world with unimaginative soulless pop culture alone

Remind yourself of this "lefty"
>>
>>81726252
You do realize that millions saw and enjoyed the prequels too right? You do realize this whole meme of prequels being iredeemable garbage didn't start until RLM's prequel reviews of half lies and manchild butthurt?

I guess RLM got what they wanted. Artistic influence was removed from the series and it was turned into nothing but safe nostalgiawank with some leftist propaganda thrown in to appease to journalists. TFA has suffered a backlash aswell.
>>
>>81726237
Not at all, I'm just explaining to you what Disney is trying to do. When OP asks "are they purposely trying to be as shit as possible" then the answer is a clear "no". They are trying to make as much money as possible and to achieve that, they have to make movies that appeal to lots of people. Their commercial success is prove that these movies are enjoyed by millions of people.

Disney isn't trying to make "shit" movies to spite a handful of autistic nerds, they are trying to make the most amount of money by making enjoyable movies for everyone else.
>>
>>81726059
Jews do have creative ability, otherwise they wouldn't be able to create such elaborate schemes
>>
>>81726312
No, not really. Most people who saw them were very disappointed. You realize that the first time anyone has ever said anything positive about the prequels on /tv/ was after TFA was announced, right? Pretending to like the prequels is 100% a contrarian reaction to Disney SW.
>>
>>81726329
You implied making tons of money alone was a good thing and that they weren't ruining it at all. You read "ruining" and thought "What? But they're making so much money!"
>>
>>81726312
>You do realize this whole meme of prequels being iredeemable garbage didn't start until RLM's prequel reviews of half lies and manchild butthurt?

Yeah anon. Everything revolves around RLM. There wasn't a billion nerds complaining about JarJar and midichlorians when The Phantom Menace came out.
stop posting anytime
>>
>>81726384
Well, what exactly is your definition of "ruining something"? To me, reviving a dead IP and turning it into a billion $ franchize that is both a success with hardcore fans, casuals and critics kinda is the opposite of ruining something. Is your definition by any chance "things I don't like"?
>>
>>81726388
Complaining about Jar Jar =/= Saying the prequels were irredeemable garbage ala RLM

Fact is that those Plinkett reviews got seen by millions and the lies it spread about Lucas reached millions of people who were now intent on painting Lucas as the man who retroactively ruined their childhoods.

RLM is cancer and no wonder they started sucking Disney cock soon after when they were instrumental in Lucas wanting to be rid off the pressure and hatred.
>>
>>81726460
>Star Wars
>dead
It was alive and well. If George had made another one, it would've made billions just like his prequel trilogy did. Disney didn't achieve anything special with TFA.
>>
>>81726312
Pretty much everyone made fun of the prequels for how bad they were, from shit as mainstream as fucking Simpsons and Family Guy to the most obscure and irrelevant internet movie critic.
>>
>>81726466
You don't understand RLM, which sarcastically and subtly mocks Disney, and almost no one liked the Prequels.

Pleaze
stop
posting
>>
>>81726460
They ruined it by turning it into just another money making machine. They don't care about anything else nearly as much. I've said it before and I'll say it again: the prequels were crap made by someone who cared. TFA and Rogue One are crap made by people who don't care.
>>
>>81726520
kek. TFA made over 2 billion. The only prequel movie that even made 1 billion was phantom menace. The other ones made 800 and 600 million each. So no, Disney did something very special with TFA as far as box office goes. Something Lucas never came even close to.
>>
>>81723796
Marvel still has some control and vision of their own, so some of the movies are not a COMPLETE garbage. Star Wars is doomed though.
>>
File: 1445358560864.jpg (23KB, 478x206px) Image search: [Google]
1445358560864.jpg
23KB, 478x206px
There is more WORLDBUILDING in this scene alone than in EP7 and RO combined. Dexter Jesster is a better rounded character than fucking Rey
>>
>>81726607
>1 billion

in 1999, 1.46 billion when adjusted for inflation.
>>
>>81726521
You're an RLM shill. Nobody likes those hacks anymore. They sold out when they praised TFA.
>>
>>81726607
>comparing today's box office with box office from 18 years ago

I dont care about what you guys are arguing about, but you are retarded.
>>
File: 1463341251762.jpg (2MB, 1333x2000px) Image search: [Google]
1463341251762.jpg
2MB, 1333x2000px
Well anon, have you anything you'd like to say to me?
>>
>>81726706
I watched the prequels and I have no clue who the fuck that even is. That's how forgettable that character must've been.
>>
>>81726740
Still more memorable than Rey.
>>
>>81726740
>average american memory span
>>
File: star wars.jpg (364KB, 1232x697px) Image search: [Google]
star wars.jpg
364KB, 1232x697px
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3ME5jhsgmB4

Prequels = Geniune Star Wars

New Trilogy = Jew fanfic
>>
>>81723796
>people who were little kids in the 90's/early 2000's, or weren't born yet

Disney is fine, currently. They were cancerous in the 90's, when they were chugging out direct-to-home video "sequels" to their classic animated films.

It's actually amazing that they turned themselves around so well.
>>
File: IMG_1075.jpg (36KB, 274x184px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_1075.jpg
36KB, 274x184px
>Took Muppets
>Made some shit decisions and has now killed them twice

It's not fair.
>>
>>81726736
Dont get fat, George from the past, you would look awful.
>>
>>81726745
I remember Rey, so nope.
>>
File: 1445739918708.jpg (100KB, 1024x768px) Image search: [Google]
1445739918708.jpg
100KB, 1024x768px
>>81726736
SORRY
O
R
R
Y
>>
>>81726771
The image you posted is the exact reason why you pretend to like the prequels though. It makes you feel special and part of a contrarian little club that is different from everyone else. I am 100% certain before Disney aquired SW you never once even thought twice about the prequels and just casually agreed with the fact that they were shit whenever someone brought them up.
>>
>>81723850
They ruined Spiderman. I prefer Sony's Spiderman than what we have now

So happy Sony are making a Venom movie that has nothing to do with the MCU
>>
File: IMG_1001.jpg (38KB, 600x600px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_1001.jpg
38KB, 600x600px
>>81726778

>this

Fuck it up with muppets from space and a few TV movies. Get it right with Muppets 2011 but fuck it up with most wanted by barely having the muppets in it. Not even going to talk about the travesty of a tv show they did last year.

Disney need to bring back The Muppet Show and turn it into a sketch show and talk show. It would BTFO jimmy fallon despite not being late night.
>>
File: Ep7 Another New Hope.jpg (294KB, 745x1210px) Image search: [Google]
Ep7 Another New Hope.jpg
294KB, 745x1210px
What reason is there to ever rewatch Episode VII?
At least the prequels told their own stories...
>>
>>81725829
You are not the "core" just because you love the OT. SW isn't some secret cult classic with an easily definable audience. Everyone and their grandmothers will go see SW movies because its possibly the most recognizable movie brand ever.
>>
>>81723796
>ruined Marvel

odd way of saying saved the franchise
>>
>>81726819
Still, George Lucas looks like a guy with a vision in his head. JJ just looks like a fucking dork. That picture couldn't illustrate that any more clearly.
>>
>>81726872
Everyone except the Chinese. Disney just can't seem to figure out how the fuck to get them to give a shit about Star Wars.

Probably need giant robots and explosions, since they seem to love Michael Bay's shit for some reason.
>>
>>81726873
How did they save it?
>>
File: 1480429181135.jpg (373KB, 1920x1602px) Image search: [Google]
1480429181135.jpg
373KB, 1920x1602px
>>81726873
Iron Man was done without Disney and is still the best Marvel movie ever made.
>>
>>81726895
George Lucas has a vision, but he needs to be surrounded by people that aren't fucking yes-men. Also, he probably shouldn't direct his own shit, unless his ex-wife is editing.
>>
>>81726819
>prequels loved by millions
>liking them is contrarian
Keep dreaming Reddit. I know you have your safe echo chamber of Redditors constantly sucking Disney's circumsized dick but in real life, ton of people like the prequels. All of my friends do.
>>
>>81726913
Fair point. Appealing to the Chinese market is probably the biggest obstacle to making a good movie right now.
>>
> be now disney buys up popular franchises and remakes them
> 20 years from now
> you want to produce a movie with humans that have superhuman abilities or go to space? Well, we got the copyright so ...
>>
>>81726937
Even some of the greatest minds need help refining their ideas. George was always a great visionary, but that doesn't necessarily mean he can run the whole show. I understand this.

>>81726922
>Iron Man is the best Marvel movie ever made

Let's not get crazy, unless you mean MCU specifically.
>>
File: lucas.jpg (3MB, 3987x2362px) Image search: [Google]
lucas.jpg
3MB, 3987x2362px
>>81726937
These fucking RLM lies spewed again. Literally kill yourself. Lucas was doing kino before your father's balls had even dropped. He deserves better than have his hard work reduced like that.
>>
>>81726970
Not how copyrights work.
>>
>>81723796
>ruined Star Wars
>ruined Marvel
>ruined animated films

>implying normies think these have been ruined and don't love more of everything
>>
>>81726977
The MCU was Disney's work. Iron Man wasn't. Iron Man is much better than anything in the MCU. Hell the sad thing is that things like CGI and action choreography are so much better in IM than in new MCU movies despite a decade of technical progress.
>>
File: Hulk.jpg (215KB, 990x1400px) Image search: [Google]
Hulk.jpg
215KB, 990x1400px
Compare pre-Disney Marvel (Hulk in particular) to nu-Marvel.

Hulk tried something new and was an experimental bioscoop experience that explored what it is to be human; the new movies are boring by the book schlock cooked up by guys in suits and computer programs.
All nu-Hulk does is quip.
>>
>>81724053
MCU movies have grossed 10 billion
>>
>>81726995
>these opinions never existed before RLM was a thing
Maybe for your generation, but some of us were actually alive when the Star Wars movies came out originally.
>>
>>81727003
No, it isn't but they did a pretty good job with cornering folklore, using questionable tactics, wouldn't be surprised if they're hoping for the same effect here.
>>
File: hulk.webm (2MB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
hulk.webm
2MB, 1280x720px
>>81727043
This is really the perfect example. Lee's Hulk was a true expression of a director who wanted to share his vision of Hulk with the audience. And it was lovely. Now Hulk is an inconsistent quipbot. Far cry from the Freudian influences of Banner's inner rage expressing itself through his childhood memories.
>>
>>81727038
But the first Iron Man movie is still part of the MCU, even if it was made before Disney bought Marvel. That's all I meant.
>>
>>81727058
The opinions that Lucas is a bad director who got carried entirely by his ex wife were first shitty rumors without much ground and then turned into facts when Mike and the rest of the RLM retards spewed that shit as if it was considered facts, while also ignoring so many of Lucas' great directorial works.
>>
>>81726995
Mark Hamill himself has pointed out before that a lot of what the original Star Wars turned out the way it did due to his ex-wife (who won an award for editing).

Lucas wanted to cut out things because he misunderstood test audience reactions, and his wife basically had to explain basic fucking human emotions to him, and why a scene should stay.

Lucas is fantastic on "big picture" ideas and world-building, but is not that great on actual drama and some of the nitty-gritty details. Note how, despite how much more interesting the worlds and overall idea behind the stories were in the prequels, how lifeless the characters felt.
>>
>>81727163
Mark Hamill is a retard who failed to do a single thing of note after SW while Lucas went on to make many more great films. Who gives a shit what he thinks?
>>
>>81727192
>this is bait
>>
>>81727218
>this is RLM droning
>>
>>81727218
HE VOICE ACTED DA JOKAH BABY WHAT A CAREER!!!!!
>>
>>81727218
And you gave him a (You). Congratulations, shithead.
>>
>>81727236
>>81727242
>>81727283
>this is also bait
>>
>>81727300
Besides mocking le Drumpf on twitter, he has literally achieved less than any other actor in the saga
>>
>>81727300
Because replying to bait will make it go away, right? Fuck you. You like the bait, fucking liar.
>>
File: Salieri.jpg (9KB, 274x233px) Image search: [Google]
Salieri.jpg
9KB, 274x233px
>>81726460
Disney ruins things by aiming straight at the middle. Nothing truly shit to speak of, but no masterpieces either. They are champions of mediocrity. They are its patron saints.

They kiss all the right asses, pander to the crowd, make sure to check all the boxes, cross all the t's, dot all the i's, and produce bland, ultimately forgettable schlock that no one will even remember half a century from now.

It didn't used to be this way, but this is what happens when it's accountants calling all the shots.
>>
It's all filthy cash grabs to make as many toys as they can and create nostalgia bait. TFA is basically a new hope again, I felt fucking abused by the end of it, so uninspired. JJ is a fucking hack.
>>
>>81727336
>>81727337
>this is more bait
>>
>>81727579
>getting baited by "this is bait" bait

/tv/, folks
>>
>>81727192
yeah its not like he was one of the most iconic Jokers, the defining animated Joker. Or any number of other voice acting gigs. Or a villain in Jay and Silent Bob Strike Back, or a villain on the Flash.
>>
>>81727610
Who? What? Face it, Hamill became irrelevant after Star Wars and it's no surprise considering how autistic and awkward he is as a person. He should be kissing Lucas' feet for making him rich. Not talk shit about him behind his back.
>>
File: BDH2.jpg (45KB, 480x480px) Image search: [Google]
BDH2.jpg
45KB, 480x480px
>>81727603
Thanks for the (You)
>>
>>81727692
>posting smiling image to hide embarrassment over bait
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6xN6IdhTQ7A

Lucas was always an enemy of Hollywood and the jews. Eventually they got him though.
>>
>>81726736
come back I love you
>>
File: BDH45.jpg (80KB, 742x629px) Image search: [Google]
BDH45.jpg
80KB, 742x629px
>>81727713
rude
>>
>>81723796
Is it too late to invest in Disney?
>>
>>81727788
Meh. You broke it. First time that's happened.
>>
I've got bad news for you /tv/.

Whether you're right or you're wrong about this topic, it doesn't matter.

Why?

Because absolutely no one fucking cares what you think about anything.

You're a community of less than 300 daily users. You share 98% of your user base with Reddit.

Absolutely no one in the outside world gives a fuck about what you think about anything. And while you try to act smug and pretend you're superior by calling idiots normies, those same idiots will always look down on you, and they wouldn't give you the time of day. Their only reaction to you would be revulsion. Their dollars make the world go round and your opinions don't mean shit.

Have a nice day.
>>
File: IMG_2444.png (33KB, 1020x426px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_2444.png
33KB, 1020x426px
>>81727890
(You)
>>
File: Star-Wars-George-Lucas.jpg (348KB, 1562x941px) Image search: [Google]
Star-Wars-George-Lucas.jpg
348KB, 1562x941px
>>81727890
>implying my normie friends don't love the prequels and hate Disney
Joke's on you Disney cocksucker.
>>
>>81727890
>reddit spacing
>>
>>81727890
Yet you care enough to come here and comment. This is how I know you'll come back and read this too, but it was cute of you to pretend to leave after posting that, and you won't reply so we'll think you really left.
>>
>>81727925
>implying you have friends
>>
>>81727737
That account is great for redpilling nu-SW apologists.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GahikRvi-80
>>
>>81727890
We are relevant enough to have booty pained shills like you here
>>
>>81728013
>paid shills on a board with less than 300 users, also filled with out of work pedos who download everything

Delusional narcisim is hilarious
>>
File: bane.jpg (82KB, 673x1020px) Image search: [Google]
bane.jpg
82KB, 673x1020px
>>81728056
If /tv/ is irrelevant then why are you people here?
>>
>>81728056
>less than 300 users
>50 IPs just in this thread
Nah
>>
>>81724619
And they make money off of them too
>>
>>81728012
>we made a condition of the license that they hire women in technical postions

>hire women, not people who are qualified and skilled
>>
>>81728286
The whole thing is so fucking absurd. It's like those weird /pol/ conspiracy theories you would assume were all bullshit only to see it confirmed right in front of your eyes. Let this forever be known that Kennedy is a fraud who got in a position she doesn't deserve to be in because of her vagina and is now using that position to put more vaginas as protagonists. Can't believe Lucas fell for her lies and deception.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=olLujO7LvQI

>How do you get the job as a writer?
>I can't tell you that *teehee*
We all know why bitch.
>>
>>81723850
>Turning movie series and classic characters into cookie-cutter action movies that release every 2-3 years is good.
>>
File: (You).png (1MB, 1180x1000px) Image search: [Google]
(You).png
1MB, 1180x1000px
>>81723850
>saved Star Wars from George Lucas
>>
>>81728838

God she's cute. I wanna make xenomorph babies with her.
>>
>>81726842
>We're gonna bring back The Muppet Show but turn it into The Office. Because that's what people want, right?

What a laughable misfire that was.
>>
>>81727163
the editing in sw movies is terrible though, but I can see why someone other than lucas had to pick and choose drama scenes to keep in since he's an antisocial autist
>>
>>81728838
>>81728914
Daisy-fags were a mistake
>>
File: padme-dress.jpg (47KB, 736x552px) Image search: [Google]
padme-dress.jpg
47KB, 736x552px
>>81729477
It's very hard to find her attractive. Especially in a Universe once starring Hershlag in lewd costumes.
>>
>>81729832

That's how she dressed when she decided to tell Anakin he couldn't fuck her. Woman, right?
>>
File: Padmearena.jpg (116KB, 1920x816px) Image search: [Google]
Padmearena.jpg
116KB, 1920x816px
>>81729937
>Anakin, why do you look at me like that? You know I'm your superior and also much older than you, you must look away
>>
>>81723796
I found one of the big DCucks that post here, came across some poo in the loo called Flim Gob
https://youtu.be/4XTizSDe3Vg
>>
>>81726272

>Can't argue and just insults

kek.
>>
>>81726836

Its not even out yet.
>>
>>81727890
/tv/ BTFO
>>
>>81726248
>>81723917
>>81728838
>people have such a hardon hate for Disney that they're now defending the prequels
>>
>>81730121
That's how shit the Disney movies are.
>>
>>81730133
Good luck convincing anyone that TFA and Rogue One are worse than ep1-3. Ahahahaha.
>>
>>81730167
Most of /tv/ seems convinced. It's only a matter of time before the rest follow suit.
>>
>>81723850
Fucking faglord
>>
>>81730167
I'd rather watch any of the prequels than TFA or Rogue One. At least I can laugh at how bad the prequels are.
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VMYCh8MOY5I

>Kennedy gets roasted by her own kind
This is the new Star Wars fanbase. Enjoy the ashes, apologists.
>>
>>81726726
>>81726466
>>81726312
Holy hell the level of delusion you people tell yourselves, now you're blaming it on RLM even though if the prequels were liked, they wouldn't have agreed with them who at the time weren't nearly as popular as they are today.
>>
>>81723796
They didn't ruin Marvel. Russo Brothers are x10 better than that faggot Whedon.

Star Wars was shit to begin with, at least the acting is a little better in the newer ones. Only Lucas could take Portman, Neeson and McGreggor and pull the worst acting of their careers out of them and be OK with it.

Animated Films? Live Action Jungle Book kicked the shit out of the animated one.
>>
>>81730121
To be fair, hate/love for the prequels is very generational. People who grew up on the prequels mostly love it (don't quite recall that one young actress that said she had a childhood crush on Jake as Anakin in Phantom Menace).

Just like those who grew up with Return of the Jedi can overlook the Ewoks and how, outside of the Luke/Vader/Palpatine thing, bad the overall story and development was in that particular movie, people who grew up on the prequels can overlook what more cynical, older fans see.

There are some old movies I loved as a child that, by all accounts are actually shitty, that I still love anyway. It doesn't matter if others hate it, it means something to me.

Same here. Different parts of Star Wars hit people in different ways. Hell, there are some people who are more impacted by Darth Vader fighting his apprentice from the Clone Wars cartoon than anything in the movies. The IP is bigger than just the original trilogy now.
>>
>>81726947
>All of my friends do.
woah cool anecdotal evidence.
>>
>>81724200
True, but then you have all the other shit that's added in, the toys, the rides, the merchandise, etc. They've EASILY made back their money off both purchases, and then made a huge profit to boot.
>>
>people actually defending the prequels
>fucking defending phantom menace, clone wars & revenge of the sith

jesus christ, how can anyone defende that awful trilogy? I don't even understand what's the good in revenge of the sith, IMO that was incredibly bad and terrible acting. TFA was miles better, I don't give a shit if the story shared similarities to original Star Wars, I'd rather watch a remake of the original trilogy than something new Lucas makes.
>>
>>81727043
But the 2003 Hulk movie was a tremendous piece of dogshit with some syfy tier cgi whoring out the screen most of the movie, even 2008 Hulk was better.
>>
>>81730264
The prequels were always mixed, they contained good things and bad things. We can all agree to that. But what RLM did and what is so dangerous to the entire medium really is that they narrowed Star Wars down to strictly what the OT is and then proceeded to butcher the prequels for not being that. It basically painted the prequels as inherently broken, inherently wrong and inherently bad. This is simply false when considering the fanbase reception as there were clearly a ton of things that went right with the prequels and made a rightful place in the SW universe.

When RLM complains that TPM doesn't have a clear protagonist, he does so on the basis that ANH had one. But why must TPM have one protagonist? Why must we narrow down Star Wars to the ANH template? Funny enough Disney ended up following this route of the OT template and ended up failing miserably. Whereas Lucas took Star Wars, purposely went out of his way to create something new and original.

See, this is the issue with saying the RLM reviews. It in many ways reflect the most disgusting part of modern Internet culture, where what is different and new is treated with distaste and what is in line with expectations is praised to high heavens, even if all those praises will mean nothing as everyone will have forgotten the film the week after.
>>
>>81730199
>Most of /tv/ seems convinced.
The hell are you talking about? TFA and RO were praised as hell here when they came out and only when the DC vs MC faggotry exploded to the levels they are now did the usual people, like the one in this thread, start pretending like ep1-3 were better simply because the new ones have Disney attached to them.

Fuck right off.
>>
>>81730407
>>81730358
>>81730344
The Disney shills right on time. Oh boy.
>>
>>81730344
When the originals are shittier, it is pretty easy ;^)

Oh wait, did i trigger you because i dont suck the dick of all old shitty movies?

The originals were shit, they were targeting a different era, simplistic story, mediocore everything.

I literally only watched them once and never watched them again while i have watched the prequels at least 5 times
>>
>>81730310
RoJ has always been mocked as the worst of the originals though.
>>
File: IMG_2533.jpg (40KB, 609x609px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_2533.jpg
40KB, 609x609px
>>81730344
You're one of them "special" people, aren't you?
>>
>>81730407
RO was never praised here. And once the honey moon with TFA ended, the board consensus completely changed and it's now rare to see one person on this board geniunely defend TFA as anything but lazy fan fiction.
>>
>>81730423
"Mocked", but still very much loved

Loving the prequels doesn't stop people from using the worst quotes from the prequels as a joke.
>>
>>81730394
> But what RLM did and what is so dangerous to the entire medium really is that they narrowed Star Wars down to strictly what the OT is and then proceeded to butcher the prequels for not being that
Did you not read the post you're replying to? How the fuck were the prequels liked if people agreed with RLM right off the bat back when they were nobodies? In fact the prequel reviews are what made them popular, how can this be if you say that people liked the prequels?

Plus, it's like saying that the Bayformers movies are good because they make billions.
>>
>>81730407
TFA reception here was mixed to say the least. Rogue One was rightfully shat on
>>
>>81730167
At least the prequels were original and creative and tried new things. I'd rather read a shitty essay then a plagiarized essay of a decent one I've read already, just with a couple words changed.

The creative one gets a 60, the plagiarized one gets a 0 and academic misconduct.
>>
>>81730466
Yeah, cause they're bad, just like people use lines from The Room.

It's Star wars, it HAS to be popular, no matter how shitty it is.
>>
>>81730508
RO>3>7>2>1>originals
>>
>>81730530
This is the most autistic list I've seen on /tv/ thus far. Bravo
>>
>>81730449
>And once the honey moon with TFA ended, the board consensus completely changed
That doesn't make any sense, it means that different people came out of the woodworks to say they're worse than EP1-3 for no reason simply because they're done by Disney and make shit up like ''Lucas did it with love!''.
>>
File: current year.jpg (323KB, 784x1209px) Image search: [Google]
current year.jpg
323KB, 784x1209px
>>81730496
The prequel reception was always mixed so of course people were willing to listen to someone paint solely the negative parts. The RLM reviews were very effective because they were funny to watch. If it was the same without the humor, nobody would've bothered. But just watching the reviews meant a few laughs so it had an entertainment value of its own. And obviously that changed people's perception on the films as those opinions in the reviews ended up being taken for facts despite being filled with misinformation and half lies to paint Lucas as a big baddie guy.

Coat something in humor, and you can get away with anything.
>>
File: 1491620033440.gif (862KB, 500x405px) Image search: [Google]
1491620033440.gif
862KB, 500x405px
>>81727388
Can't buy your way out of the next Holocaust with a bad stock portfolio.
>>
>>81723796
Do you guys think Disney hires shills to post on /tv/?
>>
>>81730530
Good bait, this is the correct order:
5>4>6>RO>3>7>1>2
Don't even try to argue this, I say this as a friend
>>
>>81730552
It means shills had the board by the balls for a month and half before they fucked off and people could talk about the movies without the same asspained shills screaming down your throat for being "a prequel apologist". They weren't regulars as noted by their current absense.
>>
>>81730496
>How the fuck were the prequels liked if people agreed with RLM right off the bat back when they were nobodies?
That was in 2009. Not to get all Jon Oliver here, but it's 2017. A lot of people who loved the prequels are grown up now, and there were murmurs of disagreement with the Plinkett videos from some folk.

Most of us who loved the Plinkett stuff were older fans, and were a bit more active on the stuff that would be talking about it.
>>
>>81723850
First post best post

OP got fucking wrecked
>>
File: disney shill.jpg (259KB, 1077x759px) Image search: [Google]
disney shill.jpg
259KB, 1077x759px
>>81730563
According to Disney yes.
>>
>>81730563
Mods had to stop them from flooding the board twice in the last week, what do you think
>>
>>81730496
>Plus, it's like saying that the Bayformers movies are good because they make billions.
I'm not going to argue with this but Go to /toy/ and find the transformer general, Look at the crap they buy from hasbro. Transformers will make money no matter what.
>>
>>81730547
Rogue One was great, great effects, great characters, especially since we didnt know them, great story and a great ending

3 was great because it was the fall of anakin and rise of the sith, many great duels

7 was mostly about hype, after all it is just building up to 8/9, interesting compelling characters, we dont know how they ll grow

2 Was pretty good thanks to count dooku and his plans, a great sith

1 was introducing anakins, had nice effects but not much stuff going outside maul

4-5-6 were terrible, terrible graphics, terrible special effects, shallow simplistic characters instead of a big backstory for the fucking sith, some retarded family drama, simplistic black v white story

People who prefer the originals are just stupid brainwashed retards who just follow what they have heard and believe that old=good.

>>81730583
Found the retarded original cuck
Go suck your grandpa's dick too since you like old shitty stuff
>>
>>81724605
No. His friend got shot and he freaked the fuck out about it and was essentially useless from that point on. Even if he wanted to leave the first order, he shouldn't have been so willing to kill people he grew up with since childhood, especially when he was a coward not 10 minutes earlier in the film.
>>
>>81730634
>>81730637
I thought it was just a meme wtf
>>
>>81730556
>The prequel reception was always mixed so of course people were willing to listen to someone paint solely the negative parts.
Mixed doesn't mean ''everyone had the same so-so opinion'', it means both people that loved them and hated them. So where are these so called fans that loved the prequels and wouldn't agree with RLM? Oh wait, they're a minority.

Also humour doesn't convince people, remember that RLM had to make a whole video about their RO review's REACTION?
>>81730595
So you're saying people defending them here today are just blinded by nostalgia?
>>
File: george-lucas_0.jpg (2MB, 3000x2000px) Image search: [Google]
george-lucas_0.jpg
2MB, 3000x2000px
>>81723796
>ruined Star Wars
Prequel apologists are like cockroaches.
>>
>>81730671
>great characters
You can argue all the other stuff for Rogue One and probably have a point, but not this one. The characters were completely forgettable, unfortunately, and the movie hinged a lot on how it ties into A New Hope more than the strength of its own characters. I had similar feelings with early Rebels, though I haven't watched since early season 2 (I've heard it gets better, but I wouldn't know personally)
>>
>>81724830
7 years from now, people will have massive star wars and marvel fatigue. While they will have made their money back, those franchises will be worthless husks compared to their value before the buyout.
>>
>>81730584
Oh yeah because the prequels were hailed as good movies on this board before TFA, right? And good job, thinking this shill boogeyman is to blame.

You're as bad as /pol/ calling anyone that disagrees with them a shill.
>>
>>81730722
>Oh wait, they're a minority.
No they're not. The prequels made billions. They were seen by millions for three installments straight. They're not any more minority than the TFA defenders are.

>humour doesn't convince people
Oh yes it does. Do you really think anyone would've listened to Jon Oliver if he didn't make them laugh? Or Colbert? It's all very sly way to sell propaganda, sugar coat it in humor, get those dopamine receptors active.
>>
>>81730763
>b-b-but /pol/
You're also right. The love for the prequels increased after the release of TFA. What does that say about TFA?
>>
>>81725071
Only stupid people see movies at this point. Everything is an adaptation of a comic book and anime, or a sequel/reboot to an 80s movie like Terminator and aliens. Its because of spics and niggers like you that film for people right side of the IQ bell curve is dead.
>>
>>81730722
>blinded by nostalgia?
I wouldn't say blinded by nostalgia. They mean something very different for those people.

Hell, a good number of people my age who didn't watch Star Wars (OT) as a kid when they came out don't really understand what's the big deal, and while understanding its impact on pop culture, think they're actually pretty bad.

Bill Burr, while older, points out how he didn't watch it when others did in his school, so he has a huge disconnect with people who love it. He doesn't care for them at all.
>>
>>81730763
CTR and ShareBlue are real look up David Brock
>>
>>81730774
>No they're not. The prequels made billions
So did Bayformers, where is the praise for them?
>Oh yes it does.
It helps attract attention but it doesn't mean people will agree with it, hence the very example I just posted about RLM themseslves.
>>
>>81730671
5. Terrible.5. Terrible...

I lurk on 4chan, spend a lot of time on /b/. I can handle the worst things you can throw at me. But this is just too much. The thought that there is someone out there retarded enough to believe 5 is a terrible movie is depressing. You have done what /b/, /r9k/, and /pol/ have failed to do. You have made me feel suicidal due to your post. I might even test positive for cancer.

I think we need to give this guy an award for the most moronic post ever to grace 4chan.
>>
>>81725902
Right wing autism from white men built civilization and everything you see. You don't want to make autism mad.
>>
Daily reminder the current generation grew up with the prequels and show them first.

The originals look like shit in comparison.

The only reason people HERE are defending the originals is because they are being contrarian and autistically follow what the board majority tells them and because they are told "hate new shit, worship old shit"
>>
>>81730519
>At least the prequels were original and creative and tried new things
New doesn't mean good.
>>
>>81730797
That more than loving [current popular] movie, people on 4chan absolutely love hating on shit (and retroactively loving stuff before it)?

That's not even a /tv/ specific thing, you can pretty much go on any board here and get similar shit.
>>
>>81730671
>3 was great
>7 had interesting compelling characters
>R1 had great characters
>2 was pretty good
>4-5-6 were terrible
10/10 bait /tv/ will fall for this
>>
>>81730821
Yes, hating Transformers is a "minority" (retarded word to use in an argument but I'll entertain you) opinion as evident by their massive box office success. The world doesn't revolve around social media. Normal people like those movies.
>>
>>81730725
I for one consider both to be pointless drivel compared to the compelling characters we got in Ewoks: Caravan for Courage. With such compelling lines as "Starcruiser...crash crash." I learned the true meaning of great story telling.
>>
>>81730167
Best and the most interesting parts of Rogue one were made by Gareth Edwards. Then disney producers shit on it to make it """safe bet""" and hired Gilroy. RO was not bad, bad it was huge missed opportunity.
and yeah, revenge >>>>>> tfa = other prequels
>>
>>81730815
I'm not saying shills don't exist, but to blame every differing opinion on shills is retarded. This thread makes it seem like people genuinely can't believe that nobody but a shill would think the prequels are bad and inferior to the new ones.

I bet if TFA and RO were exactly the same but didn't have the Disney name attached to them none of you would be posting this.
>>
>>81730891
>Ewok movies
Speaking of terrible fucking movies that we have a misguided love for due to being a kid when we watched it...
>>
>>81730933
What about them? They are better than the Ewoks cartoon. We went from epic battles, mass revelations, and amazing vistas to a cartoon set on a single planet involving some side characters fighting over a bar of soap.
>>
>>81730889
>Yes, hating Transformers is a "minority" (retarded word to use in an argument but I'll entertain you) opinion as evident by their massive box office success
You're saying none of the people that liked a billion-dollar-making-movie use social media? Honey, Transformers is something like the Saw films, shit you'd watch on the occassion they came out for the sake of going out with your buds even though it's schlock.

Kind of like exploitation movies of the 70s and 80s that people watched but never said they were good.
>>
>>81730989
Why would that not apply to TFA?
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eCTmlGr5aQg

HAHAHA this youtube channel is fucking gold.
>>
>>81730892
Love for Revenge is directly related to how well you're able to tolerate cringe. If horribly terrible "dramatic" dialogue (and some stupid fight moments) doesn't bother you much, then you're able to enjoy that Revenge actually tries to do something different than normal for Star Wars.

I just can't deal with some of Lucas's shitty, shitty writing, and some of the retarded decisions in the Obi-Wan vs Grievous/Obi-Wan vs Anakin/Palpatine vs 3 Jedi who stand around and lets him stab them fights. I can still recognize that it's not a rehash, like TFA, but I enjoy the characters in TFA (and hope it can go in more interesting directions in upcoming movies).
>>
>>81730914
I'm in the group that hates Star Wars because he sold it to Disney so those movies suck no matter what.
>>
>>81730984
I'm saying that I loved it, while recognizing that it's likely entirely due to when I saw it
>>
>>81727192
You do realize he was in a car accident and had reconstructive surgery on his face right. While not hideous, he went from a handsome young actor to a a normal looking guy. He lost his looks, which is 2/3s the reason people get roles in hollywood.
>>
>>81731029
Are you ironically shilling your YouTube channel while in the midst of a conversation about shilling?
>>
>>81731000
I never said otherwise, I'm just attacking your point of ''makes loads of cash = beloved''. I don't even like TFA, but sure as hell consider it better than the prequels.
>>
File: Untitled.jpg (3MB, 2105x4153px) Image search: [Google]
Untitled.jpg
3MB, 2105x4153px
>>81723796
>>
>>81731095
Are you ironically complaining about shilling while defending Disney's horrible feminist propaganda released on us?
>>
>>81731100
So if we go back to the start, where you said liking the prequels is a minority opinion but TFA isn't, what is it exactly that differentiates the two in reception? Because a few dozen left-leaning journalists gave it a good score?
>>
>>81731152
>but TFA isn't,
No I didn't, all my posts in this reply chain have been about the prequels. I started off here: >>81730264
>>
>>81725071
>that image

Get killed
>>
>>81726287
Seriously. When did these fags become the pro-government, pro-media party? Weren't punks and shit supposed to be left wing anarchists or what the fuck ever. Liberalism at this point is just sucking on corporate cock and swallowing the semen with gusto.
>>
>>81731123
>feminist propaganda
They're trying to grow their future customers, which is why they're giving the "disney princess treatment" to the female Star Wars characters (with some new cartoon thing coming up).

Money is more important to them than some agenda, and if you haven't noticed, Disney is in the business of taking existing properties, and trying to turn them into money-making brands across every demographic they can (including adding Chinese characters in Rogue One, which didn't turn out like they wanted; China still doesn't care about Star Wars)
>>
Star Wars was always shit desu
>>
>>81731274
Disney is delusional. Girls won't care just because it's a girl. They sure as fuck don't care about the STRONK MASCULINE female characters either as the average girl is turned off by such designs. All it does is make it worse for their existing audience. Can promise you Padmé resonated more with girls than any Disney female ever will.
>>
>>81731290
fucking this
>>
>>81730519
But even rehashes can be good, see: nearly every beloved sequel of any media ever, especially videogames.
>>
>>81731340
I can almost guarantee you that Rey happened because Hunger Games was so incredibly popular.

I disagree with it making it worse for their existing audience, though. I like Rey. I just think TFA had a weak fucking story, and the final X-Wings on Starkiller Base thing was stupid as hell.

Despite me not liking Rogue One overall, at least their space battles were fucking good.
>>
>>81731340
>Girls only like worthless slutty half dressed blonde whores, they want to become that
Found the right wing mentally ill retard
>>
>>81731531
>Padmé is slutty half dressed blonde whore
>being a half dressed blonde whore is wrong
Ayyy, the liberal shows his true regressive colors. Stick with your masculine female characters. Nothing screams femininity as much as a dyke acting like a man.
>>
>>81731531
Since when is Padmé a slutty half dressed blonde whore?
>>
>>81731460
Get ready for more mental retardation then, cause the next movie has a barren planet where unconventional hover vehicles fight walkers with cables. Fuck disney.
>>
File: God.jpg (802KB, 2048x2048px) Image search: [Google]
God.jpg
802KB, 2048x2048px
>>81723796
Deal with it.
>>
>>81731571
It is comments like these that make it glad I base my opinion of new Star Wars from 4chan and refuse to watch a Disney film.
>>
>>81723884
Obvious samefag is obvious
>>
>>81731340
Eh. My niece wanted to build a lightsaber at Disney World along with her brother and male cousins, because of Rey.

Maybe not across the board, but it affects some people.
>>
>>81731531
Women like movies with attractive, feminine women. It's why they like beauty and the beast ,hunger games, and 50 shades of gray. Women don't like movies like Terminator and Alien(s) that have strong, not that attractive women.
>>
I like the pretense that any of those franchises were anything more than fastfood entertainment for children both big and small.
>>
>>81731598
I can't wait for the heroes to get betrayed by a white man (can't be black, that would be racist).
>>
>>81723796
>Are they purposely trying to be as shit as possible?
Clearly they aren't trying to make good films or bad films. They're just cynically making the films people clearly want. The answer is to stop watching them and you should have done that a long time ago.

Because, guess what, making 2000 threads a day about how much you hate Disney and watching all of their movies just so you have extra ammunition just serves to keep them at the forefront of all discussions about film.
>>
File: SQCI8565.jpg (53KB, 500x558px) Image search: [Google]
SQCI8565.jpg
53KB, 500x558px
>>81731660
>I know what women want, happens to be the same because im a sad straight virgin
>>
>>81731660
Little girls like 50 shades of grey? At least someone can appreciate the writing.
>>
>>81731710
Go away dyke
>>
>>81731646
Yes. But where as she'll move on from SW at age Ten, at least one of those boys will be a nerd for life buying that shit up forever. My male nephews don't give a shit about star wars because they can't relate to the protagonists, and the old ones "look old" in their words. They only like I-III because they are flashy AND have cool characters for young boys.
>>
>>81731661
>George Lucas straight out says that Star Wars was for kids
Guy has balls, I'll give him that. He gives no fucks.
>>
>>81731661
Big people have someone to identify with. Jabba the Hutt. A crime lord who tortures and enslaves everyone. That is fat shaming. We need a good hutt now. Screenshot this, Episode IX will feature a good hutt.
>>
>>81731732
>wah wah
>y arent they promoting worthless slutty ultra feminine whores
>I want women to be like that.
Funny how that is how most popular mentally ill, i mean right wing female personalities look like ;^)
>>
>>81731742
>My male nephews don't give a shit about star wars because they can't relate to the protagonists
The fuck? Since when do kids need to "relate to the protagonists"?
>>
>>81731773
I for one relate to IG-88. I am trapped inside a meaty body, but am truly a giant mechanical dildo.
>>
>>81731742
Your nephews sound like little faggots. Most kids don't give a shit whether the protagonist is a guy or girl, they just like or dislike Star Wars because it had flashy laser swords and cool aliens.
>>
>>81731773
Power fantasy. Little kids want to project themselves into the character, and to do that, the character has to somewhat reflect them. My nephews relate much more to Iron Man, Captain America, Thor, Spiderman, etc than they do to Rey and Finn.
>>
>>81723917

>They treat their IPs like coal mines to be exploited.

As opposed to Lucas, who allowed anyone to create anything Star Wars related, as long as he got his royalties?
>>
>>81731808
Boys won't give a shit about your movie if it features a girl. Sorry tumblr.
>>
>>81731839
I'm obviously not as invested in this as you are. I was only pointed out that your nephews sounded like little faggots and are not normal little boys.
>>
Well maybe dumb fucking 'murricans and chinks should stop paying money to watch this soulless shit.
>>
>>81731833
I don't think it's particularly surprising that kids relate more to superheroes than Star Wars. Kids were super into that even before there were really good super hero movies, it's just that Star Wars had the luxury of being on the big screen with cool special effects.

Super Hero movies have finally caught up, and Star Wars feels old in comparison.
>>
>>81731808
Are you fucking retarded? Action shows that do well with young boys are predominantly male oriented, and always have a male main character. Shows for boys that star a female protagonist always do poorly relative to the male one. This goes away when the boys become teens, but for little kids, they want males of their race on screen so they can project into that character.
>>
>>81731839
>Boys won't give a shit about your movie if it features a girl without sex appeal.
Fixed that for you. I for one support more lead females that are strong enough to get their midriffs exposed and wear tight pants. Anyone who says the prequels were a mistake is an idiot, Padmé porn was worth the terrible acting.
>>
>>81731917
People bitch about what Lucas did with force powers in the prequels, but they have to remember that super hero movies were breathing down his neck. X-Men and Spider-man were doing some crazy things on screen, so the ridiculous choreography became more necessary.
>>
>>81725036
Most people also thought Rogue One was episode 8
>>
>>81732006
You can directly see where "oh, the Genndy Tartakovsky Clone Wars cartoons are really well liked? We need to up how we do our fights to be more like that."

I personally like TFA much more than the prequels (despite having issues with it being a rehash), but I can't imagine that in the midst of Disney's own super hero movies, that it's going to stand out the way it did when the OT and prequels were released, when they're trying to scale back how over-the-top it was in the prequels.

It's very tame, and they're about to release a movie where Thor is going to fight the Hulk in a gladiator match. Which one do you think kids will be more excited to see? If the OT was released in this environment, kids wouldn't care too much about it.
>>
>>81731940
Lot of boys liked Frozen, but that was largely due to their marketing focusing on Olaf, so you're partly right. It's not that female protagonists make them not want to watch it, it's that it's hard to draw them in in the first place if there isn't a strong secondary character to draw them in. I liked Finn, but he wasn't a "cool" character to latch onto. Poe would've been, but they made him take a backseat so his personality type wouldn't overlap with Han Solo (I'm guessing)
>>
>>81732219
I like Frozen. Never seen the film, but I support it heavily due to all the porn we got from it. We need a Frozen II where Disney embraces some of these stories, plus adds some more hot women.
>>
>>81732331
You're thinking of 90's era Disney, where they pumped out scores of shitty Direct-to-VCR sequels to their classic movies.
>>
File: EchoChamberlarge.jpg (129KB, 960x715px) Image search: [Google]
EchoChamberlarge.jpg
129KB, 960x715px
>>
>>81732422
Those VCR sequels didn't give us anything else fap worthy. Maybe new Disney could. I for one would support a Frozen where they embraced lesbianism by showing a sex scene between the two girls. In fact, make the entire movie a coming out of shell story where the girls get more and more sexual stuff going on. I am not a fan of SJWs, but I for one would heavily support that decision.
>>
>>81732219
My nephews saw all the different disney movies from the 60s to now, and the ones they like the most are Lion King, Hercules, and Aladdin. The ones they like the least are little mermaid, Cinderella and snow white. It's almost entirely tied to how male oriented the movie is.
>>
>>81732532
I'm not sure incest is something that Disney wants to portray in a positive light, anon...
>>
>>81727125

Get over yourself. Its clear that lucas is a shit director. Stop blaming your RLM boogieman.

If your only come back is "R-RLM made you think he's bad" then rethink your arguement.

He went to shit but more so than most.
>>
>>81732551
>Chooses multi-cultural furry movie involving lions over movies creating fap content.
You are what is wrong with society.
>>
>>81732551
They sound like little faggots. Everyone loved Beauty and the Beast (Gaston was fun as hell), though Little Mermaid had this weird uncomfortable thing of being a number of little boy's sexual awakenings (wasn't due to liking the movie itself).

Issue with having no good secondary characters to like.
>>
>>81732606
They are sisters? I don't recall that being mentioned.

Well, it could be a bit radical now. We just need to wait until SJWs push for incest to be legalized. I would support this for Frozen II to happen.
>>
>>81730637
bullshit

paid shills on this shitty dead board?

got some sort of evidence of this?
>>
>>81723850
Kevin Feige took Marvel characters nobody gave a shit about and made people give a shit about them.
The Mouse is sheltering an ex-Mossad businessman because he owns a good chunk of their stock and letting him run wild with the other part of Marvel they don't care about.
>>
>>81731838
Strangely, yes, since Lucas's route allowed the imaginations of the fans to run wild as opposed to putting the lore in the hands of a few people whose main interest is in maximizing profits.

I imagine that's why we get the occasional thread mocking fan sites like wookiepedia. Yes, there's a lot of ridiculous shit out there, but it's also a way to alienate and disassociate themselves from that core fan base, make *them* seem like the weird ones for creating out of love for the concepts.

"Ha ha, look at those weirdos and laugh, consumer. You're nothing like them, and that's why we make our movies for people like you."
>>
BUMPED
YOU MAD MICKEYFAGS?
>>
>>81733829
>DCshill doesn't know what a bump limit is
>>
>>81726995
someone please photoshop Howard the Duck in the centre
>>
>>81733899
desu lad I didn't even notice the number of replies
please dont call me new
>>
>>81733927
new
Thread posts: 328
Thread images: 41

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.