[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Land of the Lost Remake

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 2

File: 1.jpg (70KB, 358x500px) Image search: [Google]
1.jpg
70KB, 358x500px
What went so wrong with this movie?
>>
>>81722532
Land of the Lost was an exceptionally creative show, full of interesting ideas (dimensional portals, time travel, dinosaurs) and the truly scary Sleestak.
The show was basically created by David Gerrold (who wasn't credited) who would later have a profound effect on creating Star Trek: TNG.

It was such a fucking shame they threw away all that creativity on doing a sub-par will ferrel "comedy"
>>
>>81722532
>inb4 dad works at Nintendo
My dad went to highschool and is pretty good friends with Chris Henchy who wrote this one. Never met the guy though
>>
>>81722532
No one saw it and people are still pretending that Will Farwell is funny
>>
>>81722720

How did gerrald have an effect on tng?
>>
>>81722985
He did a book called the "World of Star Trek" in the 80s that basically laid out the template for the show. Away teams, captain staying onboard, children on board. Those were all his.
He worked on the show early on but left when they started bringing old series stuff in (Worf and Klingons, specifically). He also basically created Data.
>>
>>81722532
Will Ferrel fell flat and wasn't funny. He was out of his element.

Too bad because I loved the shit out of that show when I was a lad.
>>
>laugh out loud funny

but Land of the Lost wasn't a comedy
>>
>>81723082

>He did a book called the "World of Star Trek" in the 80s that basically laid out the template for the show. Away teams, captain staying onboard, children on board. Those were all his.
He worked on the show early on but left when they started bringing old series stuff in (Worf and Klingons, specifically). He also basically created Data.

Did he create the Borg?

>>81723235

The theme song was funny because of how cheerful it is.
>>
>>81723361
>Did he create the Borg?
no, he left long before that
>>
>>81722720

What makes the Sleestak scary?

David has made more interesting antagonists than the Sleestak

Like bees!
>>
>>81723863
the hissing sound

also they were played by freakishly tall thin lanklets
>>
File: 16-Episode 16 - Hurricane.jpg (17KB, 702x525px) Image search: [Google]
16-Episode 16 - Hurricane.jpg
17KB, 702x525px
this moment probably cemented for me the greatness of Land of the Lost. They're on a mountain and look out with a pair of binoculars.

and see themselves.

show was basically Lost done right
>>
Are they any other shows like Land of the Lost?
>>
>>81724867
not really. it's the only halfway bearable Sid and Marty Croft production.

Only thing else I can think of (children's show that had some above average creativity) is maybe the Gerry Anderson stuff: Thunderbirds etc. But the stories for those were awful. They only had nice miniatures.
>>
>>81722532
It's worth it just for this scene

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ooRai2fr1CA
>>
>>81725011
only laugh in the whole fucking movie

i saw it in the theater so i know
>>
>>81724969

Adventure Time was inspired by mr pufnstuf
>>
>>81725121
and they're both pieces of shit

also
> mr pufnstuf
>>
>>81725073
the giant crab scene was pretty funny too.
>>
>>81722532
They fucking killed Big Alice and make Chaca a pervert.
>>
the movie is cringekino. you guys clearly didnt watch it
>>
>>81725258
David Gerrold? No. I did read 'The World of Star Trek" and saw him speak at a convention once.

but his pushing the gay agenda kind of puts me off
Thread posts: 23
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.