[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

The Wailing

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 1

Anyone saw this movie?
What do you think of it? Just watched it for the 2nd time and wow, it's a really good movie.

But I have still question about the story, it's seems open ending, but I'm probably sure there's someone that knows what really happens.

So simply discussion about the movie and also maybe more movie like this one.

For the ones that didn't watch it, it's on Netflix and it's really worth at watch, try to go into the movie without knowing anything!
>>
>>81717603

Memories of Murder was better desu.

Anyway the Jap was the devil and the girl throwing rocks was Jesus / angel
>>
>>81717603
The exorcist is in on it with the Demon, he takes the pictures of the murder scene aftermath that the demon collects. The female demon is a red herring that was really trying to protect the cop and his daughter.

Good movie. Should have cut the 'zombie' scene, though. Felt really out of place with the rest of the movie and was unintentionally funny when it was supposed to be intense and scary.
>>
>>81717653

I know the Jap was the Devil, wasn't too sure though for the girl (though she seemed like to good one) and the other shaman, also the whole reason for the possession (I guess for the sin of the father?)

And thanks for the suggestion, it looks interesting also!
>>
>>81717814

I agree, the zombie wasn't really good and watch actually funny instead of scary or terrifying, I thought it would have bring something more important, but didn't bring anything at the end.
>>
>>81717603
The only reasonable explanation I've gotten for this movie is that there is no explanation. The director intentionally made it confusing and misleading in regards to which entity was which, who was bad and who was good, all in order to mimic the confusion that the protagonist went through as the story evolved, becoming increasingly unsure who to believe as it went on.
>>
>>81719245
Yeah, the director did a good job making events as confusing as fuck yet keeping it interesting.

Best scene was the final confrontation. I genuinely had no idea who to believe. Best experience ever 10/10 would get manipulated again.
>>
What happened to the priest? why the demon are taking pictures of him while he cries?

And what happened with protagonist cop an his daughter?
>>
it got a lot of memories of murder vibes and it has a very straight forward story up to a certain point, then it becomes a complete clusterfuck and the ending sucks
>>
>>81717603

I saw it.

It wasn't very scary but I believe theres something else behind the story. I think theres some sort of code or message that it leaves on the viewer once its done.

To me this movie had a very sinister vibe to it, everything about the ending and the supposed ''good'' characters like the girl that was supposed to help.
>>
>>81719596
Taking someone's picture is believed to steal their soul
>>
I watched an hour of it, loved what I saw, then went "WOAH! 90 minutes remaining?" and had to do something else.

Plan to see more of it.
>>
really liked the movie but some things I have questions on:

The girl who tried to stop him from going back to save his daughter was an angel?

The demon and Shaman are working together? I suppose the shaman for money and the demon just because he wants to fuck people up?

Why did the priest go to confront the demon if he knew he'd be outmatched?
>>
>>81719847

First time I watched the movie I was expecting a horror movie, but soon realised it's not really a horror movie but it still gives bad vibes.

I really like the tone at the beginning, it is even funny sometimes and I like how everything is not taking seriously. "What happened?" "Somebody Died", I don't know, it sounded so casual and it was repeated many times like it was something normal.

>>81720342

You definitely should, but after the first hour things are not the same.
>>
>>81717814
>>81717958
It was not unintentionally funny, Korean films tend to have a good share of black humor which is part of their style. His other movies were like that, the chaser and yellow sea.
Think of the scene with the two cops and the crazy lady at night, that kinda thing.
Thread posts: 15
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.