[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

let's settle this once and for all. which one is better?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 2

File: aw.jpg (173KB, 740x546px) Image search: [Google]
aw.jpg
173KB, 740x546px
let's settle this once and for all. which one is better?
>>
>>81715582

The one with the necro egyptian cat
>>
They are both shit, but marvel tripe is much worse.
>>
>>81715582
I will take marvlel over watchtards any day of the week.
>>
>>81715582
neither
>>
>>81715582
One is an overly serious romp with too many characters and a deus ex machina plot ending, and the other is watchmen
>>
>>81715582
Watchmen, at least it tries to actually have depth.

Avengers was literally just oh hey we're friends, let's go fight some cgi.
>>
>>81715582

Watchmen, V for Vendetta and Sin City are the only recent movies based on comics that are actually good movies and not generic forgettable summer blockbusters.

There is actually good dramatic value there with good acting, narrative and overall art direction as opposed to generic serialized visual effects.

One could argue that Nolan's Batman it's also on a league of it's own separated of both Marvel and DC factories of generic trash.
That is true, as independent movies the first and second Nolan movies are alright but both pale in comparison of the source material and fail to faithfully adapt both setting and characters.

Yes, Ledger take on the Joker was well acted and it's probably better than Nicholson but is not even close from Hamill's.
The movies also fail to capture Gotham and the noir general tone that shape Batman and all the other characters thus, making the movies proficient but not very good adaptations.

Watchmen and V, while changed both retain enough of the source to call them good adaptations and at the same time they deliver good performances with good scripts.
Finally, Sin City actually captures the narrative and visuals of the graphic novel making it the best comic adaptation.
>>
File: alan moore.jpg (166KB, 800x1025px) Image search: [Google]
alan moore.jpg
166KB, 800x1025px
>>81715582

I'll have to choose the movie that didn't rape one of the greatest artistic achievements of the comic book medium.
>>
>>81716343
This.
Jack Kirby must be rolling in his grave.
>>
I'd rather re-read watchmen, Alan Moore tells a story better then Snyder, and Dave Gibbons illustrates it better then Snyder.

The Avengers is a better movie, not some cheap knockoff.
>>
>>81715582
Both are shit.
>>
>>81716286
Shitty review, kys
Thread posts: 13
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.