[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Fate of the Furious

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 71
Thread images: 11

File: fate-of-the-furious-logo-216895.jpg (36KB, 655x360px) Image search: [Google]
fate-of-the-furious-logo-216895.jpg
36KB, 655x360px
So I've seen it twice now (long time fan) and I'm ready to solidify my opinion.

1 = 5 > 6 = 7 > 3 > 2 > 8 > 4

Most entertaining drag race in the franchise as well as the best non-car oriented action sequences. The car action is still alright, but it's overshadowed by the other stuff (there's an entire jailbreak fight park our scene set to speakerbox and an entire airplane shootemup up scene set to Alvin and the Chipmunks). The film would rank higher if it wasn't for, well, the main plot. It's way too fucking dark for a F&F movie. And even if we manage to overlook the unfitting tone, there's still the problem of Theron's character. Every time this bitch is on screen, she sucks all the fun out of the film. Literally acts like a sonic adventure 2 deviantart fan character. Oh, and Scott Eastwood is in this and also brings nothing to the table, which wouldn't be a problem if he wasn't apparently just part of the club now.

It's definitely the most inconsistant of the films. It has much higher highs than 2Fast, Tokyo Drift, or F&F (4) but also some really low lows that keep it from being able to be enjoyed to its fullest.

I didn't dislike the movie, but let's put it this way: coming out of the theater for the last three, I was instantly excited for the next one. Coming out of the theater for this one, I can't help but feel like they really should of ended it with 7.
>>
>>81713272
They will never get another chance to end it as well as they did with 7. That was literally a perfect send off.
>>
>>81713272
This series is like the Call of Duty of cinema.

Its the same shit rehashed every time, which could be ok if it didn't take itself so seriously.
>>
File: 1770638.jpg (34KB, 1180x664px) Image search: [Google]
1770638.jpg
34KB, 1180x664px
>when he wins the race in reverse
Worth the price of admission alone
>>
>>81713396
10 minutes in it was literally the BEST fast film. But as the movie progressed it dropped a lot.
>>
Literally if you just cropped out all the scenes with Charlize Theron the movie would be a top 3 F&F film.
Yeah it would make a bit less sense but I mean it's not like we watch these for the lore or anything.
>>
I've seen nothing or nobody talking about this, but Lucas Black was casted as IN this movie for most of its production then right before the film premiered was no longer credited as being in it. What happened?
>>
>>81713272
Not reading in case of spoilers, but are there still a decent amount of race scenes? That arnt just them going around with military shit and explosions? I get that the earlier days are gone but it just seems (based on the previews) that it's on a massive unbalanced scale filled with almost nothing but explosion shit compared to showing any type of cool car races.
>>
>>81713721
>Not reading in case of spoilers, but are there still a decent amount of race scenes?
There's one notable race scene in the beginning and it's entertaining as hell. There's a few more scenes where you could interpret it as a race, but for the most part...
>That arnt just them going around with military shit and explosions?
...its stuff like this.
>I get that the earlier days are gone but it just seems (based on the previews) that it's on a massive unbalanced scale filled with almost nothing but explosion shit compared to showing any type of cool car races.
They cater more to the race vibe in this that they did in the last 2, but it's still a far cry from the original trilogy feeling of being street race movies.
>>
>>81713721
There's no spoilers in the OP
>>
>>81713272
Can I just say that their desire to intentionally have all the movie titles have no consistancy is something I really respect and hope they stick with it.
>>
>>81713717
Yeah where the fuck is this dude. For all the family talk where is the one guy who kept this shit afloat
>>
>>81713853
Internationally the movies have similar names. It's boring.

>in the US
1. The Fast and the Furious
2. 2Fast 2Furious
3. The Fast and the Furious: Tokyo Drift
4. Fast & Furious
5. Fast Five
6. Fast & Furious 6
7. Furious 7
8. The Fate of the Furious

>Internationally
1. The Fast and the Furious
2. 2Fast 2 Furious
3. The Fast and the Furious: Tokyo Drift
4. Fast & Furious 4
5. Fast & Furious 5: Rio Heist
6. Fast & Furious 6
7. Fast & Furious 7
8. Fast & Furious 8
>>
>>81714020
9. World War Furious
10. FasTEN your Seatbelts
>>
>>81714020
Wait, so they're doing it on purpose?
>>
>>81714128
Yes
>>
>>81713395
it doesn't take itself seriously at all you just have autism
>>
>>81713782
Damn, that sucks..but yeah I'll end up seeing it soon anyways out of just being a fan and still watching/seeing them all. It just sucks that they pander so hard to that because imo even the last one was pretty alright with the car to action ratio I feel. Oh well. Atleast we still have the older ones to go back to.
>>
>>81716309
Some of the non car action sequences in this are top tier
>>
So what ends up being the fate of the furious?
>>
File: 0pZvONf.jpg (182KB, 640x535px) Image search: [Google]
0pZvONf.jpg
182KB, 640x535px
>>81714020
>>81714055
>The Fast and the AsiNINE
>>
File: fd_f8gwp_620x350_mlp_v2_lg.jpg (40KB, 620x350px) Image search: [Google]
fd_f8gwp_620x350_mlp_v2_lg.jpg
40KB, 620x350px
I'm not a big fan of this series, but didn't Shaw kill Han, Toretto's oldest friend? Shouldn't everyone still hate him? No one even mentions Han.
>>
>>81719673
It's implied that his family was being controlled by Cipher. Given that Dom just had the same thing happen to him, I think they gave him a pass.
>>
File: 1460921408776.png (1MB, 4084x3912px) Image search: [Google]
1460921408776.png
1MB, 4084x3912px
>>81719673
>inb4 he's still alive
>>
are they continuing it?
>>
>>81713272
My problem with Scott Eastwood's character is that exact character was in 2, and was immediately dismissed because he knows nothing about cars. Now they're all completely willing to ride with someone who could get them all killed.
>>
>>81719374
Cipher kept saying it was his fate to work for her. He broke out of that.
>>
>>81719934
>Now they're all completely willing to ride with someone who could get them all killed.

They've been riding with Roman for many movies now.

Clearly they don't give a fuck about liabilities.
>>
>>81719967
Roman is who Brian picked over the know nothing in 2, so he must be doing something right.
>>
So long as they get Stathom back for some more kino fights, these movies will be great.
>>
File: 1422253821860.jpg (139KB, 752x581px) Image search: [Google]
1422253821860.jpg
139KB, 752x581px
>>81719999

So far the only thing I've seen him do that isn't needing to be rescued or yelling really loudly is kill those motherfuckers on the sleds.

But how often are they shooting people? Not often.
>>
>>81720072
He was very good at driving cars as well as a good confidence man, before they decided to make him nothing but comic relief.
>>
File: totally in the same place.webm (2MB, 1280x544px) Image search: [Google]
totally in the same place.webm
2MB, 1280x544px
>post YFW the ninth film is about literal Race Wars
>>
File: 1472920425341.png (41KB, 105x140px) Image search: [Google]
1472920425341.png
41KB, 105x140px
>>81714020
>Fast & Furious 5: Rio Heist
This is fucking retarded.
>>
5 > 3 > 7 > 6 > 8 > 1 > 2 > 4

8 needed a solid script rewrite and a much better director, but it was still fun. I miss Justin Lin.
>>
>>81720555
It's kind of shocking that this movie is more muddled than the one they had to write around an actors death mid production.
>>
>>81720635
well it's super awkward/inconvenient that they didn't actually kill off Brian and just pretend he is off screen with Mia and the kids totally uninvolved now
>>
>>81720743
I also found it weird that they decided to name the kid Brian. It would have made more sense if he had died in the last movie...but he didn't. It be like me naming my kid after my best friend who moved away.

Honestly they should have named the kid Paul. It would have been an actual tribute to Paul Walker and wouldn't have been so weird in the F&F universe.
>>
>YO GUYS THIS SHIT COULD START WWIII

>should we call brian?

>nah let's just let him enjoy his life

>even tho the world might end
>>
Why did they bring in Charlize Theron, hot off one of the greatest car movies ever made, to not even have her drive? I hope 9 has a drag race between her and Helen Mirren.
>>
>>81721026
cuz she is a feared worldwide haxor u knob

who also happens to be like 6ft model beauty
>>
>>81713395
These movies stopped taking themselves seriously when The Rock joined the cast.
>>
>>81721065
Ramsey and Cipher are both way too hot to be computer hackers.
>>
So they basically made the Rock into Luke Cage in these fucking movies.

He throws people around like rag dolls and shrugs off rubber shotgun rounds like they're Nerf darts.

I love it.

>>81721130
POST RAMSEY

Seriously, I've never had a thing for the blacks, but she really revs my engine, so to speak.
>>
>>81714020
You forgot about what they are called in Japan. In order:

Wild Speed
Wild Speed X2
Wild Speed X3 TOKYO DRIFT
Wild Speed MAX
Wild Speed MEGA MAX
Wild Speed EURO MISSION
Wild Speed SKY MISSION
Wild Speed ICE BREAK
>>
>>81713601

This. Charlize Theron ruins everything she touches.
>>
>>81713272
I wish the sequence where Dom stole the nuclear football was better. Cypher controlling all of those cars was so cool but none of the main cast was involved with it at all.
>>
File: images.jpg (25KB, 197x226px) Image search: [Google]
images.jpg
25KB, 197x226px
>>81721230
what the flying fuck?
>>
>>81720555

5>3>1>2>7>8>6>4
>>
>>81721344
Why do people rate 1 so highly? It's just a low rent version of Point Break. Diesel is great, but Rob Cohen is just such an incredibly terrible director.
>>
>>81721163
Ramsey looked so good in this movie.

Jason Statham is probably my favorite character now. I wish Owen Shaw got more screen time, but I guess that'll be reserved for the last movies to get Cipher.
>>
>>81721386
it tapped into a novelty subculture that wasnt really looked at before - ricers with eurotrash cars

was for all those kids buying cavaliers and sunfires souping them up with cold air intakes
>>
>>81721437
>Jason Statham is probably my favorite character now

We need an entire feature length film about Statham protecting a baby.
>>
>you slaughtered our best friend in Tokyo
>murdered a hospital full of people
>it's cool now tho
>>
>>81713272
childhood is thinking the first movie is the best. growing up is realizing it was tokyo drift all along.
>>
>>81721594
It's true though.

It has the best racing scenes in the entire franchise, and the opening scene is flawless.

Great song and aesthetic shots, followed by a race through a construction site to the tune of Kid Rock, all for the chance to fuck a hot chick.

That's what cars are all about anyways.
>>
>>81721594
Tokyo Drift is full on "so bad it's good" territory

it's not as self-aware of its own stupidity like a lot of the other ones with cheesy james bond lines . they play it pretty straight and it's still so earnestly bad
>>
>>81721698
This is all true, but ignores the fact that the main character is played by Lucas Black, the least charismatic human being ever put to celluloid.
>>
>>81721770
100% thought his accent was a joke when i stumbled across that movie on cable for the first time
>>
>>81721698
ending is great too and best song of the entire franchise imo

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eQcQpabe9Fo
>>
>>81721483
Wasn't that basically Transporter 2?
>>
>>81721948
I wonder who won that race.
>>
>>81722028
its the exact plot of shoot em up but with great value statham
>>
>>81721948
the funny thing is how in the sequels this was re-written as Dom coming to Tokyo with no time to spare hell bent on revenge ... but here he has shipped his car over and is casually killing time on the local drifting scene
>>
>>81714020
Why did they stop being fast and just ended up being furious?
>>
>throws baseball through back windshield as you drive away
>next shot baseball bouncing on the ground behind the car

tokyo drift is kino
>>
>>81722082
>This time it ain't just about being fast.

There is a line in 7 when Dom is talking about getting revenge.
>>
Letty cucked
>>
>>81720413
What do you mean?
>>
Is there at least one modified cool car in this?
>>
>>81721281
Hopefully she ruins my dick then
Thread posts: 71
Thread images: 11

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.