[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Are they still doing these long, boring shots because they're

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 2

File: better-call-saul-netflix[1].jpg (31KB, 480x336px) Image search: [Google]
better-call-saul-netflix[1].jpg
31KB, 480x336px
Are they still doing these long, boring shots because they're genuinely convinced it adds an air of tension to the proceedings

or

do they only do them because the obnoxious hipster target audience by default thinks boring things are "contemplative"?
>>
>>81708111

It's called padding, basically filler shots of nothing because they have no story, but still need to extend the episode to a certain length of time. They did it a ton in Breaking Awful, too.
>>
>>81708111
>adds an air of tension
But there's not story. Why would there be tension if we're not worried about anything in the story?
>>
Are you too stupid to stop watching a show that isn't made for you, or are you so insecure that instead of not watching it you need to complain about it to reassure yourself that you aren't just a retard with shit taste?
>>
>>81708586

My point exactly.

To make things worse, you know how it all ends in Breaking Bad so any remaining vestige of tension and excitement is vaporized.
>>
If you find Mike's scenes boring then find a new show

I love BCS, I love the pacing, I love the long scenes without dialogue.
>>
File: IMG_1993.png (56KB, 192x154px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_1993.png
56KB, 192x154px
>it's a "watch mike eat peanuts for an hour and 15 minutes" episode

How do they keep getting away with this?
>>
>>81708627
>Are you too stupid to stop watching a show that isn't made for you

Pretty much. Also there's nothing else to watch and I like watching shit with gf

>or are you so insecure that instead of not watching it you need to complain about it to reassure yourself that you aren't just a retard with shit taste?

The concept of taste shouldn't even be a part of discussion about how shit is made. Either a complaint is valid or it's not. Sure, you could be into boring shit, your prerogative bro. But we're not talking about you and what you like.
>>
Are people still yapping on about 'moral ambiguity' just because characters aren't murdering children to honor Khorne?
>>
>>81708547
>Breaking Awful

clever!
>>
tune in tomorrow to see kim's punctuation mistake come back to bite her in the ass!

bravo vince, truly kino
>>
>>81709037

The characters are complex and have many conflicting emotions. I know this because they film them making worried faces and doing nothing for prolonged periods of time.
>>
It's so god damn slow. I'll keep watching it but I'm losing my mind at how little plot there is
>>
>>81709215
But it wasn't a mistake, the point of the scene was that it was correct either way
>>
>>81708627
Why the fuck do Gilligan autists get so mad and defensive whenever anyone criticizes BCS or BrBa? I like both shows but they're not perfect. Gilligan's style of storytelling is entertaining but it has undeniable flaws, the major one being pacing. No one thinks you're patrician by sperging out on anyone who dares to take issue with these shows.
>>
>>81708111
Yeah......... Each episode could be like 20 min, of which 10 min are interesting (Mike's plot). It could just be a two hour movie about Mike.
>>
>>81709507

One hour movie about Mike, if you're being desu honest.
Thread posts: 17
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.