[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What is your favorite canon Star Wars book?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 60
Thread images: 11

File: Heir_to_the_Jedi.jpg (99KB, 630x960px) Image search: [Google]
Heir_to_the_Jedi.jpg
99KB, 630x960px
What is your favorite canon Star Wars book?
>>
>>81706828
I was always partial to The Crystal Star.

...Just kidding. My favorite is LotF: Traitor.
>>
File: Catalyst_A_Rogue_One_Novel.png (897KB, 790x1200px) Image search: [Google]
Catalyst_A_Rogue_One_Novel.png
897KB, 790x1200px
There really aren't that many to choose from. Catalyst and Thrawn are bretty gud.
>>
File: Grand_Admiral_Thrawn_canon.png (953KB, 687x826px) Image search: [Google]
Grand_Admiral_Thrawn_canon.png
953KB, 687x826px
Thrawn and Catalyst are my two favorites
>>
File: Dark_Disciple_Cover.png (1MB, 987x1500px) Image search: [Google]
Dark_Disciple_Cover.png
1MB, 987x1500px
>>81706828
I guess probably pic related. It was a good story that went into how the Jedi and Sith are for all intents and purposes no different and plays into the whole "if the Jedi and Sith are the same I might as well choose the side that can save my wife" angle from ROTS. Also Ventress is a great character and reading the book really pissed me off about Disney cancelling TCW.

I've also read Ahsoka and Lords of the Sith. I picked up the former hoping to learn more about The Siege of Mandalore but was severely disappointed and the latter kind of sucked.
>>
File: 1484400819616.jpg (7KB, 224x200px) Image search: [Google]
1484400819616.jpg
7KB, 224x200px
>>81706828
My copy of Thrawn arrived today but i'm not going to read it until tomorrow.

I've been looking forward to it since the short story depicting Parck finding Thrawn in Outbound Flight.

>>81707268
>>81707325
Will it appeal to me if i've been a Star Wars EU fan since the 90s?
>>
>>81707359
>Star Wars EU fan since the 90s
>Even considering liking the new """"canon""""
Please hand in your badge.
>>
Lords of the Sith because of Sheev/Vader focus
>>
>>81707359
I haven't read most of the Legends EU but thrawn comes off as super intimidating and I can see why people loved him in the old books
>>
>>81707406
Literally what's the difference? It's the same author and everything, just a new continuity
>>
>>81707406
>Please hand in your badge.

Fuck off Reddit. You're not going to fit in by automatically dismissing anything new. Thrawn's depiction in Rebels was somewhat reasonable and Timothy Zahn has written this. Books like Tarkin have already made a determined effort to incorporate much of what made old canon good.

>>81707432
>I haven't read most of the Legends EU

At the very least I recommend you check out the Thrawn trilogy, Hand of Thrawn duology, Survivor's Quest and Outbound Flight. And that's only what focuses to some extent on Thrawn, the X-wing series by Stackpole is genuinely fantastic.
>>
>>81707325
>>81707268
Does Catalyst focus exclusively on the Ersos and Krennic or are there lots of other things going on? I know Luceno was one of the best authors in the old EU but I have literally zero interest in learning more about the characters from Rogue One.

I do have to pick up Thrawn.
>>
>>81707715
There is a very light B plot about some smuggler, but his scenes are very few and far between and only exist to introduce Saw to the rest of the cast.

Honestly it's not worth reading if you didn't like Rogue One, but as someone who read it BEFORE the movie came out, I think it fleshes the characters out and makes them much more interesting than the movie does. I'd reccomend most people to at least try it.
>>
>>81706828

Either Thrawn or Lost Stars
>>
File: dblg.jpg (47KB, 500x500px) Image search: [Google]
dblg.jpg
47KB, 500x500px
Best trilogy coming through
>>
>>81707870
Is there a big guy in that one?
>>
>>81707908
The biggest. For you.
>>
File: star_wars_a_new_dawn.jpg (341KB, 1047x1572px) Image search: [Google]
star_wars_a_new_dawn.jpg
341KB, 1047x1572px
>>81706828
Was pretty fun. Love the insight into his character and the way they handled him being a Jedi during that time.
>>
>>81707715
>not reading catalyst before rogue one
>>
>>81708057
Is Kanan unironically the best original character in Star Wars since the Disney purchase?
>>
>>81708169
He is up there for sure.
>>
>>81707788
It was the last on my list because "YA" but it actually surprised me. Probably the best book in the canon
>>
>>81708169
>>81708210
I didn't like A New Dawn because of that ginger character and sullustian, but I enjoyed the Kanan pov stuff. Wish he had more focus on him in the cartoon
>>
>>81708250
You should try the authors other book, Bloodline. It's not quite as charming as Lost Stars but its pretty solid for a Leia story
>>
>>81708297
The cartoon should have been about Kanan and Herra from the start. I don't know a single person who cares about Zeb or Sabine
>>
>>81708297
I havent read the book but its on the list
>>
>>81708080
I absolutely hated TFA and it almost killed all interest I have in Star Wars. It took a buddy of mine seeing it and then telling me about it to get me to see it. I thought it was genuinely decent and infinitely better than TFA but only found out about Catalyst's existence after I saw the movie.
>>
>>81708057
>Tfw we got this garbage over the glorious Brazilian cover art
>>
>>81708355
You're right, though I liked Sabine's two parter this season and at least Ezra led us to the Maul storyline
Fuck Zeb's episodes though

>>81708422
Fair enough
Everyone I know didn't care about Krennic, but he's great in Catalyst
>>
>>81708558
I have a soft spot for Ezra because even though I don't like his specific character, he has really good dynamic with the other characters. Like you said, maul is a great example. I can't imagine Kanan having anywhere near as satisfying of a character arc if not for Ezra.

Plus I'm still banking on him going full evil by the end of the show
>>
File: 1485962995283.png (263KB, 435x435px) Image search: [Google]
1485962995283.png
263KB, 435x435px
>>81708057
>>81708506
>never used his lightsaber in the book
>>
>>81708685
Good.
>>
>>81708169
His comic was pretty good
>>
File: IMG_0879.png (86KB, 640x1136px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0879.png
86KB, 640x1136px
>>81706828

>Twins, one male, one female
>Just like Luke and Leia
>The female "discovers" the Force at a place that becomes known as the "Force Tree"
>The female twin founds the Jedi Order
>The male twin is evil and kills the female.
>Before she dies she makes a prophecy that she will return as The One
>Meanwhile Darth Sidious creates Anakin Skywalker to be a false prophet / golem type creation
>The Jedi are fooled into thinking he's The One
>The Jedi only realize their mistake too late.
>Anakin destroys almost all the Jedi
>Luke tries to redeem his evil father who literally slaughtered children.
>Rey is born and she is the perfect reincarnation of The One. Flawless in every way.
>She finds Luke Skywalker, who now just like his evil father, wants to destroy the Jedi Order

Rey will stop Luke's plans, restore order to the galaxy, and will destroy the dark side. She will also bring about the rise of the new Jedi order as predicted by Supreme Leader Snoke in TFA.

The entire Star Wars saga is about how women are good and men are evil.
>>
>>81709229
Fuck off with your pasta, we're not talking about the movies
>>
>>81709286
Then you shouldn't be on /tv/.
>>
>>81709338
There are five Star Wars threads in the catalog, post in those
I didn't make this thread but I was enjoying it
>>
If i want to read all the old comics, where do I start? Is there a master continuity list? Is there a megadownload of all of them?
>>
>>81709338
Who the fuck do you think you are, some kind of /tv/ gatekeeper? Fuck off to your frog-trope or "muh force tree" thread
>>
>>81709598
I'm pretty sure the SW Generals on /co/ always have some links
>>
>>81709598
Check here for links to everything and maybe some knowledgable advice.
>>>/co/91601175
>>
>>81709665
>>81709716
Thanks, friends.
>>
>>81707354

>Relatavism and Whataboutism truly are cancer
>>
>>81709229
This would kill the entire saga for me. I will never touch this stuff again if this happens.
>>
>>81709857
I can't tell if you're being ironic or not
>>
Tarkin was solid
>>
>>81706828
My favourite books as a kid were Medstar and Galaxy of Fear.
>>
>>81711145
Oh ya and I Jedi was good
>>
>>81711145
Not canon, chode
>>
>>81711593
To me they are
>>
Ahsoka, Thrawn and a New Dawn are my favourites.
But I reckon Thrawn is the most well written of the three.

I absolutely hated the Aftermath books though.
>>
>>81709338
I didn't realise this is a no fun allowed board.
>>
>>81706828
My favourite is Dark Empire. Seeing Luke in that Vader suit was awesome
>>
Lords of The Sith sucked ass

The start was good mind you, but it just went downhill from there
>>
>>81713501
The first half was pretty good but the second half was terrible. Felt like 75% of it was focused on the lesbian moff and the incompetent officer. Then there's no payoff to Cham hunting down Vader and Sheev, just 10 repetitive pages of them killing the giant praying mantis things.

I would read a full length book focusing entirely on Vader and Sheev just talking about shit though, those were by far the best parts.
>>
I loved Zahn's Thrawn trilogy, how is the new one?
>>
>>81713783
Pretty much exactly what you would want.
>>
The original Zahn trilogy is just about the only cool part of the now-not-canon old EU shit. Some of the dark horse comics were good (Dark Empire, some of the infinities line stuff, etc) as well but most have aged really terribly.
I couldn't stand most of the books, another exception would be much of the rogue squadron stuff was great fun.

I haven't read any of the nu-canon stuff yet but I'm hopeful for Thrawn. I actually like the new system of picking and choosing the better parts of the old EU to make up the new canon. The EU was bloated as shit and the books after RotJ, minus the heir to the empire series, was complete dogshit.
>>
>>81707715
It gives insight into the Death Star's development in general and we get some fun stuff with Poggle the Lesser in it.
>>
>>81713731
You see what I did was imagine Mors as Pam stuffed into an Imperial uniform.
Thread posts: 60
Thread images: 11

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.