[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Sherlock Holmes

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 3

File: Sherlock_holmes_ritchie.jpg (349KB, 1028x1500px) Image search: [Google]
Sherlock_holmes_ritchie.jpg
349KB, 1028x1500px
How were these movies? Are they any good?
>>
Try watching them?

fucking idiot.
>>
I liked them, although I wished Ritchie would've cast someone else, rather than Downey jr
>>
>>81701454
theyre shit
>>
>>81701454
yup. both of them are surprisingly good and fun. watch them
>>
dey aight
>>
File: soldier.jpg (176KB, 900x900px) Image search: [Google]
soldier.jpg
176KB, 900x900px
>>81701454
they're kinda corny but fun to watch
>>
>>81701454
I guess it depends on how you like Sherlock, they're quite a bit more action packed than his literary adventures, but if you can get past that and the manlet lead they're solid flicks. Guy Ritchie has never disappointed.
>>
i knew tv had shitty taste, but damn
>>
>>81701454
Jude Law is the most faithful adaptation of Watson.
>>
File: jaredharris.jpg (496KB, 1200x800px) Image search: [Google]
jaredharris.jpg
496KB, 1200x800px
>tfw people are praising the overly flamboyant Moriarty from the tv show over literally perfect Moriarty Jared Harris
>>
>>81701632
Say what you want about the plot but the casting was perfect.
>>
>>81701496

>Downey Jr
You should understand this. By the time Basil Rathbone movies were done (1940s), Holmes was depicted as the cool, controling alpha, and Dr Watson a befuddled beta.
Now read the first few stories as originally published in the old Victorian magazines (some of them are on line for free). When Conan Doyle started, Dr Watson was the alpha and Sherlock Holmes was this brilliant but bizarre creature he took around on a leash, complete with questionable sexuality and a drug habit.

When I heard Downey was going to do it, I thought at last they were going to depict the real characterizations of the original stories, Downey Jr was just as impulsive and occasionally reckless as the original Sherlock
There was a hint of this in the movies, but even this production did not want to completely crack the image of the noble heroic Sherlock.

To be sure, by the beginning of the 1900s, A C-D had transformed Sherlock into a more commercially viable and middle class friendly product.
The movies are good.
>>
>>81701454
don't think of them as sherlock holmes movies and they're alright
>>
>>81701632
His Moriarty is brilliant - I hated the contemporary-gay-culture-pandering character of the TV show
>>
>>81701454
not good sherlock holmes series but fun movies
Thread posts: 16
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.