[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Holy shit this was bad

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 32
Thread images: 2

File: waroftheworlds.jpg (99KB, 500x688px) Image search: [Google]
waroftheworlds.jpg
99KB, 500x688px
Pretty much like any Spielberg movie.
>>
Great movie. The first 20 minutes are perfect.

10/10 musical score
10/10 sound design
>>
I enjoyed it. The opening sequence and the part with the car made me genuinely uncomfortable.
>>
>>81700087
I guess you watched in on BBC yesterday?
>>
>>81700087
First act is flawless.

I saw it for the first time when I was home alone and it was one of those summer thunderstorms that turn day in to night and all of the sudden fucking storm winds show up.
It was so atmospheric, 10/10.
>>
Duel and Jaws are unironically the only great Spielberg movies. There are few more good ones, the rest is absolute pandering-to-masses trash, Marvel before Marvel (i.e. Jurassic Park).
>>
>>81700327
this
>>
>>81700327
this
>>
>>81700087

A masterpiece. It's one of his best movies and one of his movies that separates the plebs from the patricians. The main one that does this is A.I. though. It's hilarious watching plebs wah about it when it's literally his masterpiece and one of the greatest movies around really.
>>
>Seeing this movie in theater
>That first tripod roar
shit was HYPE as fuck

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jzY099ihULs
>>
>>81700954
Of course it is. Spielberg just cannot keep the tone of the first act throughout the movie, he simply HAS to put in those stupid ideas that break the movie. Just look at A.I. the ending would've been perfect if it wasn't for that extended "aliens" shit ending. Should've ended at him waiting underwater.
But I have to agree, the last good moment in the movie(for me) was the boat scene, when the tripod appears on the hill. That was actually terrifying.
>>
>>81700880
Nah, just remembered Mass Effect, thought that the Tripod was the inspiration for the Reaper sound, and decided to watch it.
>>
>>81701217
>Duel

Absolute patrician. A movie that defines the ethos of perfect, as there is nothing to add or take away.

> Jaws
> great

Kind of agree. It's hard with this one because if you say it's great people will just go BUT I WASN'T SCARED, HOKEY SHARK, B HORROR. And that's missing the real strength which is the three main characters. The shark is meaningless.

You could Lars Von Trier up this shit and make it a stage play with a hand puppet shark and it would still be kino if the performances were equal. Cut out the stupid from the ending as well.

Captain Ahab in a modern setting.
>>
>>81701217
wtf dude, what about ET? it's a such a timeless movie.
>>
>>81700087
watched it on cinema when it came out, had a pretty good time, you are a retard OP
>>
>>81700087
fucking halfwit.
>>
File: gfkek.jpg (191KB, 1000x666px) Image search: [Google]
gfkek.jpg
191KB, 1000x666px
>>81701613
>ET
>>
>>81700327
this
>>
>liking anything made by the King of the Hollywood Jews who sent the entirety of film spiraling into the abyss of capeshit and mindless garbage
>>
I liked it up until the dad went full Rambo
>>
>>81701416
something about that sound is fucking creepy
>>
>>81701217
fpbp
>>
I'm not sure I'd enjoy it as much as I did without the Cruise. Like stick just about any other actor and I'd probably just be too pissed off at the annoying kids to care.
>>
>>81701438
>he simply HAS to put
maybe he was trying to stay faithful to the ideas in the original 19th Century novel?
Also, OP is an idiot baiting for guaranteed replies.
>>
bruh when the pods emerged from the ground and everyone was just staring at them
and without warning or cause the pods start melting face

i was the only one that laughed in the theatre
>>
>>81700327
>>81701258
>>81701309
>>81701828
this
>>
>>81702350
It's like a metal, and little deeper SKREEEONK
>>
>>81701498
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qd3sD17Ovyk

You're not wrong.
>>
dakota fanning brought new meaning to the title "scream queen"
>>
>>81701416
>>81702350
>>81703314
It's just a fog horn you nerds
>>
>>81703666
Fuck off, satan
>>
>>81703666
>he talks shit about the tripod roars
could you be anymore of a pleb?
Thread posts: 32
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.