[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

why did Disney ruin the hyperdrive?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 4

File: received_10156150329519768.png (282KB, 669x741px) Image search: [Google]
received_10156150329519768.png
282KB, 669x741px
why did Disney ruin the hyperdrive?
>>
>>81691315
What the hell are you taking about
>>
>>81691315
There's only so many ways you can make a theoretical tear through space/time. How many other shows and movies have used a cloudy blue tunnel to represent FTL or teleportation? Probably more than 20.
>>
>>81691315
They didn't ruin it, it looks consistent with what it always looked like. If anything it looks more like the one from the game X-Wing Alliance now, and that game had a lot of Hyperdrive going on so I think that's good.
>>
>>81693150
In FTL travel, there wouldn't even be any light from the view of the observer. Especially in a wormhole, where energy transfer doesn't exist. That really pissed me off about Interstellar (which should have been called Intergalactic)
>>
At anyone worrying about the faster than light travel physics, I think that in Star Wars they actually go into another dimension for the hyperdrive so the physics are not supposed to be the same as in the "real world". But even so, even in the "real world" within the Star Wars Universe, physics aren't the same as on our actual real universe, for example there's sound in space.
Applying phyiscs to Star Wars doesn't make sense if you consider that part of the suspension of disbelief of watching Star Wars is accepting that it takes place in a universe where the laws of physics are different.
>>
>>81693198
But anon, wormholes aren't FTL in relative space, it's just bringing distant space closer to local space. Light would still travel at lightspeed in a wormhole.

Interstellar wormhole was the most accurate depiction yet.
>>
>>81693308
yeah, star wars is pretty useless once you try to apply physics to it. It's 'supposed' to be hyperspace that they travel through. Hyperspace is the idea that there are more than 4 dimensions of space time in our universe and thus if you travel through a 5th you can cover more distance than relativity would allow you.

Babylon 5 is an example of where this actually works. They punch a hole in space-time and travel through to the other end of the hole. It's similar to using a wormhole but a wormhole is still in normal space, the hyperspace is outside of regular spacetime.
>>
You don't really have many options for space travel. You have FTL warps, wormholes, and portals to other dimensions.
>>
>>81693949
Why not just "going really really fast and finding out that Einstein was wrong" ?
>>
>>81694030
then you throw out causality and things will happen before you do them. Relativity was invented to preserve causality, without it cause and effect aren't connected
>>
>>81693949
And Infinite Improbability Drives...
>>
File: TepidForthrightEeve-poster.jpg (54KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
TepidForthrightEeve-poster.jpg
54KB, 1920x1080px
>>81691315
Star Trek Beyond had the most "realistic" portayal
>>
File: received_10156150329554768.png (597KB, 654x799px) Image search: [Google]
received_10156150329554768.png
597KB, 654x799px
>>81693065
>>
File: 8o0YV.jpg (280KB, 1472x816px) Image search: [Google]
8o0YV.jpg
280KB, 1472x816px
>>81695580
bottom of your pic is what it looks like when you enter hyperspace

this is what it looks like inside the 'tunnel'

try actually watching the movies
Thread posts: 15
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.