[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Space and time horror

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 2

File: 1475512655955.jpg (338KB, 1080x1600px) Image search: [Google]
1475512655955.jpg
338KB, 1080x1600px
Realistically, you'll have to try very hard to argue that this is a great movie. It's good at some points but mediocre at most others.

All in all a pretty forgettable found-footage flick of demons and ghosts with mouths opening in weird angles and a cast slowly losing their minds.

The true villain and the reason I made this thread, is because the location they are visiting is the true ominous force.

Within the asylum halls shift, doors that should lead places they've just been don't. Exits and hallways are blocked off without rime or reason. Time seems to drag on, and what should have been a 6-hour event is dragged into days of endless walking around a building that should be pretty straightforward.

And this is a concept I don't see used in many other horror movies, and wondered if /tv/ has any such recommendations that do this concept as good or better?
>>
>>81685985
Might as well check out the sequel. Silent Hill sort of had that.
>>
>>81686022

Oh I did! Grave Encounters 2 however failed to appeal to me because it thought the reason I like the first one was for the scary monsters. Which isn't the case. There are tons of movies out there that do "muh scary ghostdemons xD" much better than Grave Encounters or its sequel did.

Silent Hill (the first one at least) was a movie I enjoyed, but I the emphasis again falls on the spooky monsters and the shit that goes on with them.

What Grave Encounters 1 and the Silent Hill games (which I actually played on the recommendation that they felt like this movie) always felt like the TRUE threat was the location and not the monsters within.

The sense of despair and paranoia when two such fundamental rules as time and space twisting against logic is, to me, much creepier than jump-scares of asylum demons.
>>
the tunnel
blair witch (original as well as the recent movie)
the objective
mr jones
resolution

not all great films, but neither was grave encounters, and most fit the bill with the setting being a malevolent force with time and space also fucking around
>>
>>81686266

Thanks man, a few of these I have no seen and will try to track down ASAP.

>the tunnel
I vaguely recall this one. A woman losing her husband to a local tunnel, or something along those lines, right?

>blair witch
I liked both the first one and the second one as well, although I will admit

The other's I haven't seen but will do so promptly. Any one of the last three you'd recommend above the others?
>>
>>81686378
I really liked the objective and resolution
>>
As Above So Below, pretty shit but has some cool bits.
YellowBrickRoad, don't remember anything about it but it had this element in the outdoors which is neat.
>>
>>81686378
>I liked both the first one and the second one as well, although I will admit

My head must have shut down a little there. What I was trying to say was:

I liked both the first one and the second one as well, although I will admit that the concept of reality distortion was a more central plot element in the second movie, and for a guy who likes that sort of thing, it almost topped the first one
>>
>>81686487
>YellowBrickRoad
I've seen this one and recall it being quite entertaining! If I remember right, it was about some people on a hike through some woods, where they (of course) get lost.

I remember what intrigued me about this movie was the music they heard and how it lead to a surreal ending.

Great movie that captured what I was looking for.

>As Above So Below
Like you said, not the best movie in the world but it had a very "adventurous" feel, and adventure-horror is a rare genre. Like National Treasure with satan.
>>
>>81686378
>I vaguely recall this one. A woman losing her husband to a local tunnel, or something along those lines, right?

whoops, didn't notice this; no, it's about a news crew exploring tunnels to investigate disappearances/ murders. Kinda similar to grave encounters in basic setup. There is more focus on the monster, but (thankfully) it is kept in the background and the maze-like setting feels most responsible for them losing their shit
>>
>>81686485
>the objective
I managed to find a nice 720p version of this one, not the ideal 1080p I'd like, but you know how it is. You take what you can get.

>resolution
I'll dig up a nice version of this too in time.

Thanks for the recommendation.
>>
>>81686563

Oh neat! That got me intrigued! I'll look into obtaining a copy as I've clearly not seen this one before either.

That being said there is a movie like the one I describe with a very similar name. Anyway, thanks mate.
>>
>>81685985
I love how the nigger didn't get a position on the cover.
>>
File: 1479111663292.jpg (40KB, 1280x800px) Image search: [Google]
1479111663292.jpg
40KB, 1280x800px
>>81688183

I think he might have been a spic though. Probably illegal.

>#WheresTheWall
Thread posts: 14
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.