[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What did /tv/ think of ameriburger: the movie?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 2

File: The Founder Poster Square.jpg (66KB, 514x514px) Image search: [Google]
The Founder Poster Square.jpg
66KB, 514x514px
What did /tv/ think of ameriburger: the movie?
>>
File: hali2.gif (652KB, 245x160px) Image search: [Google]
hali2.gif
652KB, 245x160px
>>81679459
it was shit
/thread
>>
Only watched it for Keaton, which was a good choice because he was fantastic and carried the film (obviously) is give it a 6.5/10 simply because the source material can only be so entertaining
>>
>>81679459
Too many calories.
>>
>>81679459
Pretty good. I wish McD's looked like that still.
>>
>>81679970
Yeah the McDonalds' from the movies looked like a pleasant place to eat, not a grimy germ pit staffed by mexicans who always fuck up your order
>>
>>81679459

/tv/ hated it. I thought it was okay.
>>
I liked it, but it wasn't something I loved.

There were some sequences which were questionable early on, specifically the brothers recounting how McDonalds was initially founded. The scene within it where they're prototyping the restaurant is interesting. I don't know what they intended to do with the larger sequence though, it ended up being distracting somehow.

The editing is what repeatedly took me out of the film. I felt that there were too many scenes where the pacing was far too fast to let the production design have the impression it deserved. It's a period piece, and they paid a lot of attention to detail both generally and specifically - with the McDonalds restaurants themselves - so it's a shame when it's difficult to take it in due to the editing. See any scene with characters getting out of a car, or the scene of Keaton walking into a bank later in the film. Ridiculous amounts of cuts sometimes.

The little coda thing felt cheap, but I liked it.
>>
most "yeah it was alright" movie of all time. no one will remember it
>>
10/10 was okay
>>
They went way too soft on Ray Kroc
Thread posts: 11
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.