[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

About Time (2013)

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 51
Thread images: 5

File: About Timed.jpg (254KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
About Timed.jpg
254KB, 1920x1080px
What would you do if you were in his position?
>>
Go back in time to rewatch this fantastic movie.
>>
>>81675929
But you can rewatch this fantastic movie now!
>>
>>81675998
oh shit
>>
>>81675894
Who gives a shit about my mongrel kids?
>>
>>81675894

It always creeped me out that he waifu'd the first chick he was seriously interested in. Who knows who he would've met instead. Maybe he time-traveled his way out of his actual purest waifu.

Anyway, the bit with his dad got me because that shit always does.
>>
>>81676711
If he really wants to, he could be decades into his marriage and just go back to being a kid.

Honestly if I knew my dad had this power I'd be freaked out that he could undo my existence at any time. Especially when death is at the door for him. All he has to do is not want to die, to go back and change his bad habits, and that means you stop existing.
>>
>>81677652
Fuck I wish my dad could do that.
>>
>>81679209
The only logical solution is that you murder every guy in your family with the power.
>>
>>81677652
I thought once conception occurs you can't go back or am I remembering it wrong.
>>
laser off Rachel's moles
>>
>>81679330
You definitely can and they do, you just don't want to as the slightest change will change your sperm and thus who your children are. Cum a second later, eat a different meal, etc. could influence what little sperm makes it.
>>
>>81679330
You can but the consequence is that your child is no longer the same. Thankfully, this movie wasn't written by the kind of edgelords that make up most of /tv/ so instead of being a source of familial conflict it's a hard line in the timeline.
>>
- Go back to 1997 and change my life around so that I'm prepared for today's economic climate.
- Relive my undergrad years over again. Especially freshman year because it was fun as fuck.
- Relive a day in multiple variances because I do some completely different, interact with other people, etc.
>>
That family probably has dark secrets.

You fucking know some members have been serial killers, rapists, in some erased timelines.

And lived dozens of lives, loving different women and erasing their kids time and time again.
>>
File: Groundhog Day.jpg (338KB, 627x500px) Image search: [Google]
Groundhog Day.jpg
338KB, 627x500px
>>81680586
>- Relive a day in multiple variances because
>>
>>81680723
Well yeah. It's basically having multiple save points. Who wouldn't want this?

Be honest /tv/. This has nothing to do with being an edgelord, but if you knew that whatever you did had absolutely no consequences besides your own guilt and recollection of what happened, would you do it? If you truly feel guilty about something, you can always rewind.

These are the rules:
- Only male members of the family can travel in time.
- Only travel to the past is possible and only within the time you were born and onwards.
- Traveling back to a time before your child is born may cause a different child to be born and the original child to be lost. This is the rule that was heartbreaking because he lost his daughter to help his sister.

/tv/ memes Groundhog's Day and The Purge a lot, well About Time allows you to do both AND actually embark on a Choose-Your-Own-Adventure style RPG.

>And lived dozens of lives, loving different women and erasing their kids time and time again.
Honestly, this is something I would be guilty of. I dated 4 girls in my life whom I've pondered over what would've happened if I had taken the next step with our relationship. I know have oneitis is something that we all have to accept, but exploring different wives and/or girlfriends is tempting as fuck.
>>
>>81679398
He never seemed to care that he was erasing other people's kids though.
>>
>>81680785
Yeah, but like Phil said in the movie,"I was in the Virgin Islands once. I met a girl. We ate lobster, drank piƱa coladas. At sunset, we made love like sea otters. That was a pretty good day. Why couldn't I get that day over, and over, and over?"

I want to experience a day that I truly enjoyed and see what else I could do with it.
>>
>>81675894
fap fap fap
>>
File: 3610158662707_600.jpg (42KB, 600x600px) Image search: [Google]
3610158662707_600.jpg
42KB, 600x600px
I'd redo literally everything
>>
>>81680934
I'd explore the different wives and girlfriends thing, but for anything dark I'd have to be very careful that I don't die or put myself into something way too dangerous.

Probably wrap it up though so I don't have to worry about the kid thing. And maybe "keep" an earlier save where say I met this chick that winded up being my wife and we had a great life together, I might only travel some point after I'd met her, where I can freely break up with her to go for other chicks or stay with her without making it so we never met or met in a bad way that changes things too much.
>>
>>81676711

She's Rachel McAdams, it doesn't get better than that.
>>
>>81681110
Same here.

I'd go back to when I was 5 and when my grandfather was still alive. I'd make damned sure I'd be even better than I originally was and make his final years comfortable and happy.

And I wouldn't pass up the opportunity to ask out Cara MacGregor in my 5th grade Fall Dance.

Or make sure I didn't fuck up my knee in sophomore year and blowing my chances of a wrestling scholarship.
>>
best Richard Curtis movie, next to The Boat That Rocked.

and the Van Gogh episode of doctor who.
>>
>>81675894
>tfw don't have this power
>tfw can't relive some of my best days and relive moments with people I've lost
>>
>>81681160
Yeah, if playing MMORPGs have taught me anything, it's make sure I have a good save-point.

As for dark shit, I honestly wouldn't know if I could restrain myself from fucking over certain people. Especially ones that I have a grudge against. Like you said, so long as you're careful and don't put yourself in harm's way, you could feasibly get away with it.

>>81681163
I like the fact that she was involved in 2 romantic time-travel movies.

Seriously, I wouldn't pass up the chance to have her as my wife. Especially in her prime from The Hot Chick to Wedding Crashers.
>>
>>81675894
Rachel McAdams has a fetish for guys traveling through time to fuck her.

Is this one of the fabled female power fantasies?
>>
>>81681434
Male attention is one of the most common female fetishes
>>
>>81681596
And the fact that said guy would be willing to undergo countless times to court her and have his love traverse throughout years would make any woman be flattered as fuck.
>>
>>81681675
unless that guy is below that woman's percieved standards. Then he's just a creep.
>>
>>81681736
Obviously, but she would still like how this guy is bending over backwards to win her heart. Women like to see a guy struggle for her affections, it vindicates her self-worth. Having a time-traveler try countless times is intoxicating as fuck. It's the ultimate beta orbiter.
>>
>>81680934
Guilt is involuntary though. You still know you did it. You don't feel bad about murder because the person feels bad - they literally can't, they're dead! You'd even feel guilty if you murdered some traveling hobo with no friends and family. You feel bad because murder is wrong. Just because there's an undo button doesn't mean the feelings won't go away.

Now I'm not saying it could never happen, but it'd probably take me many lifetimes of deteriorating sanity before I do edgelord stuff like murder or rape. Being able to manipulate and predict people so easily would probably make you lose respect for them as human beings.
>>
>>81680934
I think winning lottery numbers is the obvious choice

also go back and make myself start working out earlier

also being more social in hs/college

also not relying so much on booze and drugs to be liked in hs/college
>>
>>81681936
Being social and working out still takes effort though. The undo button would make you so mentally lazy. Like if you had a test you'd probably not study, just learn what the test is and then beat that. Not like you'll ever need the knowledge. If anything ever comes up you just use your redo button again.
>>
>>81682018
>Being social and working out still takes effort though.
yeah, but shit was kinda complicated for me in HS...i'm assuming we go back and keep the knowledge we have right now, yeah? if I could go back to HS with the knowledge I have now I could get so much fucking pussy. there's one girl in particular I'd avoid like the damn plague. also I work out now so that sort of habit is already established if I go back right?
>>
>>81681848
Oh I agree. Unless you were a sociopathic monster, the guilt would weigh down on you like a bag of bricks. You can ignore it, but it'll keep creeping up on you.

>Being able to manipulate and predict people so easily would probably make you lose respect for them as human beings.
That's technically what a lot of 1% bastards do. Especially the ones born with a silver spoon and think that just because their bank account is bigger, everyone else is a peon. I've worked under these rich snobs and their kids; it's made me despise them with a few exceptions.

I wouldn't do anything dark or evil, but it would be fun to give people like that a taste of their own medicine. Or do a prank on someone that'll teach them some humility.

>>81681936
>I think winning lottery numbers is the obvious choice
>also go back and make myself start working out earlier
>also being more social in hs/college
>also not relying so much on booze and drugs to be liked in hs/college
Are you me? Barring the lottery, everything you've listed is something I wish I could redo.

The only thing about the lottery is that I'd make sure it's one where I know the original winner's life got fucked over and they were better off without it. My conscience would rest easier and there wouldn't be as many butterfly effects in my opinion.

If I won a nice 8 figure payout, I'd invest the shit out of that thanks to all the info from the past 10 years.
>>
>>81682187
>The only thing about the lottery is that I'd make sure it's one where I know the original winner's life got fucked over and they were better off without it. My conscience would rest easier and there wouldn't be as many butterfly effects in my opinion.
>If I won a nice 8 figure payout, I'd invest the shit out of that thanks to all the info from the past 10 years.

oh hell yeah. with the magic redo button though, it'd be pretty hard to fuck up even with instant, monumental wealth.

and with investing, as you said, you could easily turn a couple million into a couple hundred million.
>>
>>81682109
Yeah it'd be an established habit. IDK if I'd care for high school girls myself. You're still mentally an adult, so I wouldn't like that. Also most of them will have zero experience in bed. Have fun being their first chomping.

However my parents are extremely chill so reliving high school over again would be super unironically comfy.
>>81682187
Eh you don't have to steal the lotto from someone, you could just mine a crapton of bitcoins. Being able to know what those things would end up being worth would be one of the most stupendous investments in human history in terms of both size and time on return.
>>
Immediately murder all male relatives in my family so that it's not possible for them to time travel to before my birth and undo my existence. This would require planning though, as any unexpected death would make the others try to prevent it.
>>
>>81682018
Not the anon you're responding to, but I got myself in shape a little over 3 years ago because my buddies dragged my ass to the gym and I loved it. With my current drive, knowledge of nutrition, and having the ease of a younger body, I'd be insanely fit by now.

As for tests, I usually did well in school because I was a diligent student, but even if I felt lazy, I'd still make an effort to learn how to do the problems when reverse-engineer the questions. If you still force yourself to learn while having advance knowledge of what's on the test, it actually accentuates the learning process and makes it stick harder. At least it did for me when I cheated on a midterm once.

The professor apparently rotated the same 5 tests every 5 years (so that none of the 4-year undergrads would be the wiser). All she did was change the numbers around a big and that was it. I was fortunate to have found a copy of the corresponding exam for my year in a library book I was using. I recognized the professor's name and saw the course and the date. I had no idea that she'd reuse the exam, but I had it as a template to help me study and strengthen concepts that I was weak in. I got a 98, one of the few A's in the class while understanding the course material in-depth.
>>
I'd time my dubs posts for maximum effect.
>>
>live with my waifu for 50 years
>the cancer is coming, but I've had a life well lived
>many descendants I've made
>my wife comes
>she has something to confess
>I... I cheated on you a year into our relationship

Into the trash those 50 years go
>>
>>81682294
>You're still mentally an adult, so I wouldn't like that. Also most of them will have zero experience in bed. Have fun being their first chomping.
Yeah but you're physically and legally a teenager if you were back in HS. I miss what high school girls were like. Their cheeriness and the utter lack of backbiting they get once they hit their late 20's/early 30's. And being an experienced guy in bed would be all the more awesome for her.

As for Bitcoins, well yeah, but you still need to have some starting capital. If not the lottery, I'd like to take the few thousand I'll have saved up and invest in stocks, ETFs, etc. to build up a nice nest egg for later bonanzas like Bitcoin, real estate, and anything else.

>>81682244
Just be sure to do it "realistically" like obtain it slowly and diversify your portfolio. Don't draw attention from the government or the business community if somehow there's this random guy making billions in a tanked market.
>>
>>81682532
You know what mining is right? In the very early stages you'd be able to use your own computer, the only cost being electricity. If you have even a few hundred bucks at that point in time you could upgrade your computer easily to do extra mining. Only thing is you don't have instant turnaround like a lottery. Plus most lottos require the winner to be revealed publicly, that's part of why most of their lives end up shit. I don't want that attention.
>>
File: IMG_9397.png (498KB, 1136x640px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_9397.png
498KB, 1136x640px
>>81675894
I'll give you ten minutes for an hour
me on the left
>>
nut in her butt like a million times nigga
>>
File: margot-robbie-facts3.jpg (37KB, 700x556px) Image search: [Google]
margot-robbie-facts3.jpg
37KB, 700x556px
Accept margot seduce
>>
>>81683118
That gave me an idea. I'd go back in time and find actresses before they made it big. I'd either derail their life path or shack up with them. Just see how their life turns out if they never made it big in Hollywood.
>>
>>81683164
Makes you wonder if Lindsay Lohan or Shannon Doherty could've been saved?
>>
>>81683306
You could see alternate versions of movies as well. Daisy Ridley was basically a literally who before TFA. Just sabotage her ability to audition somehow and see a whole new Star Wars play out.

As a cinephile this intrigues me greatly. Not that I'd particularly care for Star Wars but you could do this for any production made when you were an adult and had the ability to travel.
Thread posts: 51
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.