[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Thor barely wins

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 116
Thread images: 3

File: Screenshot_20170415-160923.png (435KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot_20170415-160923.png
435KB, 1280x720px
Thor barely wins
>>
How does he even have power without Mjolnir?
>>
>>81667155
He's the god of thunder. He can still control lighting and weather on earth. Super strength and durability on Hulks level. Thor aint no push over, even without mjolnir.
>>
>>81667291

>Whosoever holds this hammer, if he be worthy, shall possess the power of Thor

His power is LITERALLY bound to the fucking hammer. Marvel doesnt even understand its own fucking heroes.
>>
>>81667291
I really don't understand how he can do shit without the hammer.
>>
>>81667291
>>81667579
He doesn't have lightning powers without the hammer. He's still superstrong without it, though.
>>
>>81667579
Well Thor is Thor so he has the power of Thor, even without the hammer.
>>
>>81667155
Asgaardians are 1000x stronger than Captain America
>>
>>81667579
In the first movie that whole incantation thing is just a device to temporarily remove Thor's powers until he becomes worthy. The hammer in the MCU appears to be symbolic rather than actually containing his power. He was winning battles and fighting monsters and shit before they gave the hammer to him.
>>
>>81667579
>>81667622
Thor has always been able to control lightning without his hammer, always. Mjolnir allows better control of the lightning and makes it stronger, he can't fly without it tho. His hits aren't as strong either. I've been reading Thor since the 90s, trust me on him not needing Mjolnir for certain powers.
>>
>>81667107
Thor didnt have any agency or any fightback during the trailer, he seems more of a castrated big dumb source of humor in it.

He's probably saved by the bell.
>>
>>81667291
>>81667641
>>81667664
>>81667772
These guys know what's up
>>
>>81667879
Ive read the script, if anything he gonna be too op.
>>
>>81667996
that's a shame, the appeal in the trailer at first was the ben hur/ gladiator type of "enslaved and out of his land, uprooted" etc
>>
>>81668054
What they do makes a lot of sense, it'll be very interesting to see what they do with him in Infinity war.
>>
>>81668233
good to hear, i liked the trailer so far, the kitschy aliens and thor as a flash gordon viking
>>
>>81667291
> this /co/ tier post
>>
He doesn't get Mjolnir back until Avergers part2, if ever. He gets Odin force in last Battle also.[/spoilers]
>>
>>81668291
It's a lot of fun without his hammer Tbh. This is def the defining Thor movie. Hype is unreal.
>>
>>81667879
Predicting right now they'll turn him into a Drax clone at all the film's key plot/dramatic moments
>>
>people doubing Thor

He's strong than The Hulk

Yes you heard me
>>
>>81668441
Last Battle is avengers 1 worthy, you won't be disappointed.
>>
>>81668495
I meant in the sense that they'll have those classic tension-shattering Marvel jokes, but this time they'll do the Drax thing of "LOUD RETARD SAYS OBVIOUS THING THAT IS ALSO A ZANY SOCIAL MISUNDERSTANDING"
>>
File: hulk-loki.webm (578KB, 640x360px) Image search: [Google]
hulk-loki.webm
578KB, 640x360px
>>81667155
Asgardian.

What I'm pointing out is that Loki was the skinny magic using tricky one. Probably the physically weakest Asgardian they've shown and he still survives. Thor is a warrior and has been in battles and wars for a really long time. With or without the hammer he's still has strength and skill.
>>81667291
This guy is wrong about the lightning and weather.
>>
>>81668493
Physically stronger than the hulk? No.
More powerful? Yes.
It evens out basically. I'm a Thor fanboy tho, so I'd still say he's better. Hulk will always be an EARTH BOUND character to me.
>>
File: 1492190483088.png (583KB, 1021x575px) Image search: [Google]
1492190483088.png
583KB, 1021x575px
>>81668493
>He's strong than The Hulk
You're retarded.

>>81668556
Loki isn't Asgardian. He's an ice giant.
>>
>>81668600

No he is, he's not jus the the god of thunder. He's also the god of strength

He has unlimited stregnth
>>
>>81667107
As long as the movie isn't DC-levels of awful I'll go see it, simply because the guy playing Thor is just so likeable.

Think about it. He's a massive chad-lookung guy but he's really charismatic. Like the guy who plays Captain America too.

Both /our/ guys.
>>
How come Thor is (jacked) human level strength in the first movie? What technology lets you remove the superstrength and weather control powers from a man?
>>
>>81668703
Too forced Marvel drone
>>
>>81668495
>>81668233
are your employers hiring?
>>
>>81668703
How do you not know the names Chris Hemsworth and Chris Evans by now?
>>
could Hulk lift Mjollinir?
>>
>>81668748
>What technology lets you remove the superstrength and weather control powers from a man?
Odinbreath
>>
>>81668795
Does Loki have this technology now?
>>
>>81668660
What are you fucking stupid? He isn't really a god. Just a powerful humanoid alien.

Hulk is still by far the strongest thing in the MCU
>>
>>81668913

No he isnt
>>
>>81668765
Lifting it is less about physical strength and more about whatever moral compass test the hammer does on the person or thing trying to hold it.
>>
>>81668928
Please tell me about something physically stronger than the hulk in the MCU who's one power is to have unlimited strength depending on his anger?
>>
>>81668621
>Loki isn't Asgardian. He's an ice giant.

Well you got me there. My bad. But he's still shown to be physically weaker than most Asgardians. Even true form ice giants seemed to be on equal ground against Thor and his group for the most part. So I still think I have a point.
>>
>>81668913
no, the vision is
>>
>>81668556
I'm not. I've read plenty where he's used lightning with out the hammer. Most Thor fans know this. He was called the god of Thunder before he recieved Mjolnir.
>>81668660
Hulk has unlimited strength. Thor does not. While Thor is stronger physically starting out, eventually Hulk surpasses him because of his rage.
>>81668765
Writers have tried stupid shit like having Hulk grab Thor's hand while he's hold Mjolnir and hitting him with it. Hulk fanboys try and use that to say he did. But Hulk picking up Mjolnir on his own? No, it's never happened. Technically.
>>
Looks good tbqh, where Thor's proper waifu tho? He needs an Asgardian, not a Jewess from Earth

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t8Qq_06zHX4
>>
>>81668985

If you'd ever read a comic in you life you'd know that Thro held and enraged Hulk in stale mate for 24 hours

Because he could
>>
>>81668985
>who's one power is to have unlimited strength depending on his anger
Not formally established as canon, he just turns into the Hulk when mad.

Thanos is stronger currently.
>>
>>81667579
he's a little weaker but he's not at all, hopeless. With the hammer he could put his powers into overdrive. Thor will literally become Odin tier, the older he gets. If you were to accelerate his aging, his powers would be easily on par with Odin's.
>>
>>81668996
The vision gets close but vibranium can still be fucked up by the Hulk if he really wants that destroy it. The fight between the two would be interesting but the hulk is still the strongest.
>>
>>81668815
Odin force is literally tied to Odin. Loki has his own powers and he's constantly using other objects and forces that isn't his.
>>
>>81669054
MCU. I keep saying MCU for a reason. In the comics a lot can beat the hulk and is stronger but in the movies hulk is the strongest thing shown to us yet.
>>
>>81669101
the vision has the soul gem on his forehead. all gems have some base powers even if you arent aware of their true nature and one of these is essentially unlimited power.

in a fight with the hulk he would end up drawing on this.
>>
>>81669059
Not yet established in the movies but that's where he'll be facing cosmic threats in the Infinity war movies.

And Thanos is weaker than Hulk for sure in the movies. He is definitely stronger than thor and everyone else though.
>>
>>81668752
That's right. I'm such a drone I even knew yhe guy's names.

Did you realise it's ok to like different things? Or are you still emotionally insecure?
>>
>>81669136
What's the technology behind the Odin force and Loki forces?
>>
>>81669190
sorry, in the MCU it's the mind gem
>>
>>81669190
It's the mind gem, not the soul gem. Soul gem is the last one and has yet to be revealed.

And fighting the hulk would probably be a 50/50 with the gem if he ends up using it to control hulk or something. In truth Hulk would still probably fuck vision up given enough time and anger.
>>
>>81668765
No, but it's not a strength issue.
>>
>>81669210
I haven't read Thor in twenty years, But if memory serves, The technology only ever amplified their technology. It was the same kind of technology Thanos uses to enhance his natural abilities. it's Eternal techno magic, or something. If memory serves, Asgard Tech, and Eternal Tech, was paired with a few other races I can't remember, but it was these older elder dudes, Odin included, who had power enough to rival an infinity stone, or something. Thanos is an eternal, the race of humanoids that gets to live for a very long time. Thanos is what, 100 thousand, or something, Can't recall, it's been a while.
>>
>>81669336
Could Hulk lift Mjolnir in zero gravity?
>>
>>81669210
It isn't necessarily technology, MCU is different tho. It's just magic in the comics, but Odin force is basically Odin's father's and grandfathers powers put into Odin allowing him to have powers such as, reviving the dead, creating black holes and teleporting objects and people, rebuilding Asgard from the ground up, somewhat warping reality. Tons of shit. Thor gets Odin's force eventually too and it's called Thor's force. Not only that but Thor's is stronger because Odin's power got added with the other twos.
>>
>>81669336
yeah the hammer is sort of has its own law of physics attached with it. I think it bonds with a surface? like within reason until someone of worth picks it up.
>>
>>81669360
I don't think it would respond to any living stimuli in zero gravity. Like it would just ignore the force?
>>
>>81669423
How is that possible with the laws of physics? Does Mjolnir not obey Newton?
>>
>>81667107
And yet iron man kicked his ass in the first avengers film, even with mjolnir
>>
>>81669439
>being cucked by some old science guy

no
>>
>>81669439
Not really hahaha Like in the first thor movie it is used to hold Loki down on the ground by being placed on his chest. It doesn't kill him or hurt him, it just sort of applies enough force for him not to get up or slip out. It simulates weight and force but doesnt really have weight? Like it is hung on a fucking coat rack in the second thor movie haha
>>
>>81669360
Anyone could, iron man used it in space one time but it flew towards the ground when he entered orbit.
>>
>>81669534
That fight never went on long enough. Thor would have torn tony out of that suit if cap didnt intervene. Thor was stronger than the suit or the materials it was made out of.
>>
>>81669564
haha dang the hammer must be a troll
>>
>>81669439
You could grab it and pull it around but you wouldn't get anything from it. It would basically be a normal hammer. Even trying to hit shit with it wouldn't do anything. If it was ultimate universe Mjolnir, it would just kill you if you're not worthy lol
>>
>>81669365
Last I read Thor, no one said exactly what the Odin Force was, only that Thor was the only one who could inherit it. They never said it was his ancestors powers compiled. I'm trying to remember who wrote Thor back then, But John Romita Jr was the artist, or was it senior. I kinda bailed on Comics after the fake spiderman bullshit. And The Age of Apokalypse was the last time I spent a tonne of money buying every mag for every series. Sort of Got out when Comics started becoming more and more Liberal.
Joe Quesada really screwed the pooch, Or he had no choice in the matter., whatever.

Whatever happened to Jim Aparo and Jim Starlin level of writing. When did it all go to shit?
>>
>>81668997
hulk can't get angrier than WWH or that time whoever turned bruce banner off. silver surfer or anyone similar beat him easily
>>
Will this be the only good Thor movie ?
>>
Are you sure this isn't the new Quake game?
>>
>>81669674
That wasn't even planet breaker Hulk. silver surfer can't punch a fucking planet in half. A really angry hulk can
>>
>>81668993

>Even true form ice giants seemed to be on equal ground against Thor and his group...

Weren't thor and the other four literally destroying hordes of them?
>>
>>81669736
yes
>>
>>81669788
Yeah ice giants seem like earth super soldier serum tier in comparison to asgardians
>>
>>81668985
>unlimited strength
>depending on his anger
Pick one. You can't be "unlimited angry"
>>
what happens if Thor takes the super soldier serum
>>
>>81669870
I mean it is a fucking comic book character. That's just how he is written. He gets so angry he fucking destroys a planet in the comics. It's not like the unrealistic thing here is that he can only get so angry haha
>>
>>81669641
Thats just me explaining in basic form. I'm not too familiar with the writers Tbh, most of the shit is pretty liberal but there are still good stories here and there. I'd recommend reading the new Thor comics tho, they're actually pretty good. Unworthy Thor is pretty badass right now. His hammer is like cocaine to him after he became unworthy and Jane Foster takes Mjolnir lol. He fights the collector for Ultimate Thor's hammer and when he's about to pick it up he's like "this is not my hammer"
The god killer is another good one.
>>
>>81669874

Pretty sure it only enhances human biology. Probably wouldn't do anything for Thor.
>>
>>81669926
this
>>
>>81669926
What about when Thor was human in the first movie?
>>
>>81667622
>He doesn't have lightning powers without the hammer. He's still superstrong without it, though.
why was he weak then in the first thor movie?
>>
>>81669963
Was he human? I just saw it as lacking powers. But does he have powers? I thought he was just a super strong alien so how can his powers be taken away?
>>
>>81669983
odin used magic on him
>>
>>81669674
Yes they can but I'm talking about Thor vs Hulk.
>>81669870
That's what Hulk fans say. I'm not a big Hulk fan so I don't know much about him, I find him pretty boring.
>>
>>81670013

see>>81669909
>>
>>81669963

Well are we talking about human Thor, or Thor Thor? Because if we're talking about human Thor than obviously it would make him Captain America Tier, which is still miles lower than Thor Tier.
>>
>>81669983
Because Odin took his powers away to teach him a lesson.
>>
It's canon that as Hulk gets more injured he gets angrier making him more powerful. He's the only thing in the MCU that not only survives on pure rage but becomes increasingly stronger the angrier he gets, which fuels his anger further
>>
>>81670043
Yeah but what if he got his powers back after becoming Captain America tier. Also keep in mind he wouldn't be a lanklet before getting the serum.
>>
>>81670117
>It's canon that as Hulk gets more injured he gets angrier making him more powerful. He's the only thing in the MCU that not only survives on pure rage but becomes increasingly stronger the angrier he gets, which fuels his anger further
Maybe in comics - infinite rage fueling infinite strength isn't established in the movies though.
>>
>>81670160

This shit is retarded. Can we just stop?
>>
I'm sick of Hulk jobbing to everyone, like come the fuck on.
>>
>>81669909
What I mean is that because 'anger' is unquantifiable, his power in an ygiven incarnation is only limited to whatever the relevant writer pulls out of his ass at any given moment. However, it's not true to say that his strength is unlimited, because there must logically be a limit to how angry a person can actually be.
>>
>>81670184
reread the thread you're in
>>
>>81670160
It wouldn't really make a difference lol Normal Thor is so beyond Captain America
>>
>>81670216
an amygdala can only become so activated, there is a limit to anger
>>
>>81667107
Nobody cares. Reply or your mom dies in her sleep tonight
>>
>81670243
why don't mods perma ban these morons
>>
>>81669746
When did Hulk do this? Planet Hulk?
>>
>>81670117

>Thor will smirk and talk Hulk down into becoming Banner again
>>
I'm glad to see people debunking the whole unlimited anger thing. Always thought that was stupid myself. Then again, it's a comic so it doesn't have to make sense.
>>
>>81667155

Mjolnir is just his weapon, Thor has mega power no matter what due to being Asgardian
>>
>>81667155
>>81667579
>>81667617
I ain't this much into their lore, but did you honestly think Thor is some regular dude without the hammer? I mean seriously...His dad and his asgardian squad also kicked ass in his first movie, how is this even up for debate
>>
>>81667155
Mythology:
Hammer only allows him to fly and control storms
His strength came from a belt

Comics:
He's an Asgardian, he's super powerful from the get to go, the Hammer gives him more power on top of that but mostly teleporting, flight, and lilghtning, from his mother he has earth control for example
>>
>>81669919
I'll get on the Unworthy train. I remember reading what I thought was a meme about Jane Foster. Turns out it was legit. There was a female Thor before, But I can't remember her saying anything as cringy. never saw her myself but this new lady Thor, from what I've heard, is all about sticking it to the man, instead of telling a good story.
>>
>>81670243
reported for chain mail bullshit
>>
>>81669919
>Jane Foster takes Mjolnir
Didn't read her run but from crossovers it seems she's Thor solely because "lol I have cancer so I want to have fun before dying", why is that "worthy"??
>>
Compare this to fights in the arena from Gladiator.

Marvel needs to get for their films finally some visial directors.
>>
>>81671088
I don't mind diversity, female characters, characters of color, etc, but nowadays that seems to go hand to hand with shitty and lazy writing. Writers and editorials seem to think that just because your main char is a women/PoC that exempts you from making a compeling story
>>
>>81671205
>characters of color
>>
>>81671088
At first it's like that alot, I think they realized this and now she's getting more interesting. She doesn't know what Thor's REALLY capable of. But yeah, not the first time a woman became "Thor"
>>
>>81671088
Mjlnor also has a mind of its own right now. The whole worthy thing is kind of confusing Tbh, always has been.
Thread posts: 116
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.